Sat, 13 August 2022 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    get garnacho on for the useless sancho - dortmund must be pissing themselves

Born2Lose

I thought we were gonna win this match. :o

Not sure what to do for the second half. Shall I watch it, or inject myself with heroin to numb the pain?
    For the first time ever, I went for a United loss in a prediction league I'm in. That's how little faith I have left in this bunch of losers.

Tony247

The second the interest in Martinez came up, loads of us said it was suicidal to bring such a tiny player in for centre back.

The "smart" posters told us that because 2 of the all time best in history Baresi and Cannavaro were ok, and posted a few clips of him tackling a couple of top strikers, that'd we 'd be ok.

Today has gone, but we need to get Varane and McTom on asap.
    Have at least some chance of defending set pieces then.
    Varane has been equally bad in defending set pieces for united.

Jacob

I am livid at everyone everything. But just keeping the head calm and thinking...DDG finished the game with his two mistakes. After that every player gave up, which is in their nature.

I don't know what the feck I am saying. My mind is cooked up completely.
    Correct.

The players give up at the first sign of trouble. 2-0 down away is enough for them to check out. Thanks, Dave. 375k a week well spent. Shouldn't get his salary this week.

OmarUnited4ever

man this sucks ...

they aren't even trying, not pressing, not tackling , not running , just standing there looking at each other cluelessly

Rocksy

Supports
    Blackburn Rovers
    Comfort eating.
    I reckon he would. Order a pizza. Feck it, I’m getting another. Then a line off a Ritter Sport. Feck it, have the whole bar. Mr Kipling’s Cherry Bakewell’s. One of them, but then all six within a couple of minutes.

How is he so fat?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    They better hadn't start moaning about him with their track record. It won't wash with fans this time.
    They trying their best to get rid of him as soon as possible. He needs to recognise the snakes they are and quickly get a hold of the situation.
    Fans need to be careful not to go all Glazers and let the players get away with shit again. This is all on the players today. Disgraceful.

Erik needs to change the team up majorly for next match, no matter what. Not worth it to carry on with the same personnel.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
    How are we meant to beat the press if we don't play it into players like that? Sit down and watch City and you'll know what I mean. Are we City, no, but that is where ten Hag wants to go, and in order to improve, we will need to keep doing it.
    Then this is the risk we take. We don't have the players for it. You don't force certain tactics on the wrong players

tjb

can’t really blame him tbh.

de gea and eriksen far more to blame
    I actually thing Eriksen has done his job well. Martinez has also not done anything wrong today. What has really hurt us has been the combination of De Gea and Maguire. De Gea literally cost us 2 goals based on pure absent mindedness. Maguire's inability to organize the defence for the corner cost us the third goal.

This feels a bit like a freak result because on another day I really believe we would be dominating this game. We've gotten the ball up the pitch quite easily, we have been moving the ball quite well in the opposition half as well. What is really hurting us and has been hurting us for a few seasons is that we get caught out quite easily on the counter due to not having a DM and poor awareness from Maguire and Shaw. The good thing is that bringing in Rabiot will remedy part of that situation. In addition we have Varane and Malacia waiting in the wings to replace Maguire and Shaw.

It's annoying because our fans are already agitated, but this has to be the process. We want to play good football, but we need to identify and replace the elements in our squad that do not allow that to happen. LVG faced this problem, Mourinho at points faced this as well. Some will say it was naive for ETH to be open in an away game, but that is how you dominate games and we need to ensure that we don't go down the route of being conservative like we have under our last 4 permanent managers

Rayman96

Supports
    Also supports Rangers
    We all hoped ETH had some magic power and could get them playing like Ajax even though deep down we all knew that these players couldn't play this system.
    Maybe this complete disaster will remove any confidence he had that he could get a tune out of them and he will realise he has to demand new players that he can work his system with or he wont last the season

Strats

I can stand behind putting Varane and Malacia in, but not McTominay. Not at all

Spark

Just banged a random £7 sitting in skybet on United to win at 100/1.

Outrageously poor odds, but just wanted to get rid of some cash for a laugh.

Knux

Supports
    AIK Stockholm
    Maguire is clearly behind Bailly/Varane. Don't know why the managers are never brave enough to call it out.
    Thats my biggest questionmark with EtH. Why would Anyone keep him as first choice CB and captain after last seasons debacle?
    Really worrying imo..

Fooza

:lol: imagine buying a player for 50m+ and then getting hooked at half time

shambles

Green Yellow Red

It’s against the rule of law to be 4 nil down to Brentford in the first half but we really need to back this manager more than ever now.

UpWithRivers

ETH is getting off lightly. He got schooled against Brighton and he' done it again. Small team and no midfield is fkn stupid

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    The second the interest in Martinez came up, loads of us said it was suicidal to bring such a tiny player in for centre back.

The "smart" posters told us that because 2 of the all time best in history Baresi and Cannavaro were ok, and posted a few clips of him tackling a couple of top strikers, that'd we 'd be ok.

Today has gone, but we need to get Varane and McTom on asap.
    Have at least some chance of defending set pieces then.
    But..but he pocket Haaland and Nunez. Seriously, the most overrated video comp I've seen of any player transferring to United and I rate Martinez but he isn't a CB, atleast in a two, in this league.

Red Viking

We have a lot of players in shocking form and they have been like this for a long time. The club have allowed this to spiral out of control by not getting rid. We just keep giving chances to players that clearly needs to be moved on but yet they stay and the rot just festers and drags the entire team down with them. Bruno, Shaw, Fred, Rashford, Maguire, Dalot, Bissaka, DDG all deserves to be binned for underperforming for ages on personal levels. Erik have been given an impossible task with so many poor and underperforming players at the same time.

Real Madras

Supports
    Real Oviedo
    Get 5 players off now.
    Maguire, Rashford, Fred, Bruno and Martinez who has looked very shaky!

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
    Tell me he didn't really leave Maguire on? Im just misreading aren't I?

NK86

This is now a practice match for ETH to bring on the youngsters. Why the feck has he brought on McT?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

2.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 434 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw