Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Surely you could have two questions

1. Leave or Remain
2. If Leave win, May's Deal or No Deal

Only consider question 2 if Leave is > 50%
Why not the other way round?

1. May’s Deal or No Deal
2. Remain or winner of #1

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Only consider question 1 if Remain doesn’t have 50% in question 2? How convoluted...
Indeed. Which is kinda the point I was making with that rhetoric.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Do they have time to hold the general election on the same date as well... Seems very likley the EU elections will be taking place
EU elections will definitely take place on 23rd and 26th May.

If there's any delay from the UK meaning they are still in the EU on 23rd May they have to hold EU elections as well whenever the UK hold the GE. Not convinced a GE will be sufficient grounds.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Does anyone have a spreadsheet to how MPs voted in the indicative votes

diarm

Does anyone have a spreadsheet to how MPs voted in the indicative votes
Don't know about a spreadsheet but on some show I was watching on BBC yesterday, they said on their website you can enter the name of your MP or constituency and see how they voted.

rcoobc

This links shows all the HoC votes

https://commonsvotes.digiminster.com/
Don't know about a spreadsheet but on some show I was watching on BBC yesterday, they said on their website you can enter the name of your MP or constituency and see how they voted.
What I want to know, is if you combine the "2nd referendum" option with the "customs union" option, does that have a majority?

Taking the rules that :-

anyone that voted for the 2nd referendum, but against the customs union, they would still vote for the 2nd referendum & customs union idea...

and anyone that abstained on the 2nd referendum vote, but voted for the customs union, they would still vote for the 2nd referendum & customs union idea...

but anyone that voted against the 2nd referendum, but voted for the customs union, they would still vote against the 2nd referendum & customs union idea...

Does that have a majority? :lol:

rcoobc

Alternatively, does Theresa Mays deal have a majority now if you combine the votes she got today with the rest of the ERG and the DUP?

The funny thing is, there are some people that would vote :-

Yes to the Theresa Mays deal
Yes to the Customs Union idea
Yes to the 2nd referendum.

I.e. Amber Rudd and Philip Hammond

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
What I want to know, is if you combine the "2nd referendum" option with the "customs union" option, does that have a majority?

Taking the rules that :-

anyone that voted for the 2nd referendum, but against the customs union, they would still vote for the 2nd referendum & customs union idea...

and anyone that abstained on the 2nd referendum vote, but voted for the customs union, they would still vote for the 2nd referendum & customs union idea...

but anyone that voted against the 2nd referendum, but voted for the customs union, they would still vote against the 2nd referendum & customs union idea...

Does that have a majority? :lol:
On the link you can see who voted for what and who abstained, I'll let you work that out:)

JSArsenal

Something just dawned on me. "Brexit means Brexit", "We already voted once" "Will of the people" etc etc.

Yet May is here having repeated votes on the exact same thing. Can't she see the hypocrisy?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Vote Leave drop appeal against EC. Great timing.

I reckon there was a deadline looming on this and they assumed we would be out of the EU and it could have no effect on proceedings. They probably thought it was going to be a two fingers up “haha we cheated and won”.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Something just dawned on me. "Brexit means Brexit", "We already voted once" "Will of the people" etc etc.

Yet May is here having repeated votes on the exact same thing. Can't she see the hypocrisy?
That’s just dawned on you? :lol:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Yes I'm ashamed to say :lol:

It was a bit of a light bulb moment for me. Has no one pointed this out to her?
They have plenty of times in parliament.

The reply was “what I’ve been very clear about.... {absolute guff}”

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe these pricks should have thought about this at the time of the referendum...
He feels so strongly about the Union that he's even willing to reject a Brexit that threatens the Union? You know things are bad when the DUP are resorting to common sense.

TheGame

I reckon there was a deadline looming on this and they assumed we would be out of the EU and it could have no effect on proceedings. They probably thought it was going to be a two fingers up “haha we cheated and won”.
Absolutely disgraceful. The result should be null and void. Someone with some power should raise this and hold people to account. They should not be allowed to get away with this, especially the MPs that were with them.

Smores

That's assuming she's allowed by the speaker.

They talk up constitutional crisis when it doesn't go their way but bringing the same motion before the house 4 times is going to set some very bad precedents

DavidDeSchmikes

Oh FFS, make it stop please!

It's passed on! Her deal is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! This is a late deal! 'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! It's run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-DEAL!!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
You'd think, any other PM in history would have resigned long before now.

For me it should be;

- Revoke A50
- General Election
- Second Referendum
Eh.. Revoke A50 and then have a second referendum. That makes no sense.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Absolutely. All trust is smashed and it's way more adversorial now- ie remoaners, Brexiteers are racists etc...Sad that it's driven a big wedge between my mother and her partner and the wife and I.
Oh come on. Family is way more important than politics.
You can have no influence on Brexit but you can with your family. Agree to disagree then kiss and make-up.

Verminator

Why is Parliament struggling to sort this?
35million people took 2 seconds, in a binary vote, to get us here.
Anyone would think this was too complex an issue, to put before an uninformed electorate, in a referendum.

At least our MPs are representative.
fecking idiots voted for by fecking idiots.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It does if the EU won't delay Brexit any further. It'd either be revoke or no deal.
Why wouldn't the EU delay Brexit any further. You heard Tusk and the others. It would be a massive victory for them. The longer the delay the more likely we are to remain because they know that people are getting totally sick and fed up of the ongoing problems.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Why is Parliament struggling to sort this?
35million people took 2 seconds, in a binary vote, to get us here.
Anyone would think this was too complex an issue, to put before an uninformed electorate, in a referendum.
And there in lies the problem.
People took 2 seconds to vote. Something as monumentous as deciding to leave the EU decided by many with little or no thought process.

And this following David Cameron calling for a referendum with little or no thought process or planning.

And we wonder why we are in this shambolic mess.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He seems to have solved the Irish border problem as there's no mention of Northern Ireland.

You would have thought if you were writing a stupid placard you'd at least get your facts and spelling right . Brexiter through and through.
You see. Christians were right all along.
Nigel Farage is the second coming (hope I spelt that right).
Praise be the Lord. He has sent his second son to save us from the evil EU....Hallelujah.