Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Anyone heard of this? https://www.remainvoter.com/

Some sort of App designed to tell you how to tactically vote most successfully. Unsure how reliable it is. For the NW it recommends Labour voters to vote Green, since they're apparently polling just below the level needed to gain a seat (I guess the Lib Dems must be further away from gaining a second MEP). I was all set to vote LibDem, now I'm not so sure - would rather vote Green anyway.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

Some sort of App designed to tell you how to tactically vote most successfully. Unsure how reliable it is. For the NW it recommends Labour voters to vote Green, since they're apparently polling just below the level needed to gain a seat (I guess the Lib Dems must be further away from gaining a second MEP). I was all set to vote LibDem, now I'm not so sure - would rather vote Green anyway.
I was going to vote Plaid but they're apparently guaranteed one from Wales so it's recommended I vote Lib Dem, so I will.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's "Based Amy", one of the more prominent of the "Yellow Vesters" in the UK. She makes a living off of paypal donations by live streaming herself going to demonstrations and being obnoxious/confrontational and provoking reactions. Got thrown out of the Houses of Parliament recently and routinely, comically falls over when "pushed" by Police. Pro Trump, pro Brexit, climate change denying.. she does it all.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6962633.stm

Sadly, she's not quite right in the head. 50+ times she's thrown herself into the sea and been fished out.
And people keep telling me that social media isn’t a blight on society....

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I was going to vote Plaid but they're apparently guaranteed one from Wales so it's recommended I vote Lib Dem, so I will.
Scotland one recommends Lib Dem, although seems to primarily be because the only undecided seat will either go Lib Dem or Labour, and Labour's non-committal stance is obviously concerning from a Remain POV.

Think I'll look at the SNP's third/fourth candidates before voting and see what they're like, only other option I'd switch to would be Greens, but despite their recent bounce I suspect they may just fall short of having enough support to really compete for a seat.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
:lol::lol: good one. "Vote for us because we might not even be a party in two months".

I'm voting Green i think, this vote is basically an opinion poll so I'm going with the two issues that matter to me CC and a second ref.

I can't think of a good reason to vote Labour in my area (East). Corbyn will get needless stick for the results but that certainly isn't a reason to vote for them.
And the Brexit Party will be I assume....
Anyway. I have to say that it was between the Green Party and CUK but on balance the CUK candidates in my area were stronger.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

It's telling me to vote chUK, so really not sure about that.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Then he'd want a third referendum of course, or a fourth or a fifth until the result came out they way he wanted... what a world we live in?
Did he say that though?

Same. Want to see their working out really, if it's based on weeks old polling then it's worthless.
For all you know it's fishy... Who runs the site and how does it work?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Change UK for me, I suppose I can give it a go and let's see :nervous:

Fully Fledged

Figure 1: Main party candidates and possible winners from YouGov polling in mid-May, West Midlands region (seven seats)

This is the likely outcome by me so it looks like voting either green or Lib Dem will get my remain voice heard and actually get a candidate elected.

This is the first time in my voting life that voting for anybody but labour or Tory would have actually made a difference. Even the last EU election it was only UKIP, Labour or Tory who stood chance of getting elected.

Fully Fledged

Last edited:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
For all you know it's fishy... Who runs the site and how does it work?
It's pretty simple, but I'm unconvinced by their analysis and i'm not sure how often they update their pages. Basically they take the "latest" poll for a given area (if a breakdown is available) then work out the number of seats that goes to each party via the D'Hondt method (the method used in Euro elections).

To run you through an example, here's a guess for the North West based on this survey (conducted between 8th and 17th May so a bit elderly). According to that and using the D'Hondt method the breakdown of seats would be as follows:

Brexit Party: 32%, 16%, 10.7%, 8% = 3 seats
Labour: 22%, 11%, 7.3% = 2 seats
Lib Dems: 17%, 8.5% = 1 seats
Cons: 9%, 4.5% = 1 seat
Green: 9%, 4.5% = 1 seat
For D'Hondt method, you divide party support by 1,2,3,4 etc, then find the x highest number of votes (where x=amount of seats available) and allocate seats accordingly.
In this case there are eight seats, so the eight highest vote proportions receive them.

My reading of that poll is that remainers are in a bit of a pickle because they need two things to happen: They want the Greens to stay ahead of the Tories and they want the Lib Dems to sneak the eighth seat at the Tories' expense. That's not the same as remainvoter.com's analysis though; their analysis claims Labour is already in possession of 3 seats and that more folk need to vote green in order to nab the final one off the Tories.

Fortunately you can go to the breakdown tabs of your latest, favourite opinion poll and work it out for your own area in less than 5 minutes all by yourself. The only problem being (for them and for you) that some polls don't delineate by exact election area.

Last edited:

afrocentricity

It's pretty simple, but I'm unconvinced by their analysis and i'm not sure how often they update their pages. Basically they take the "latest" poll for a given area (if a breakdown is available) then work out the number of seats that goes to each party via the D'Hondt method (the method used in Euro elections).

To run you through an example, here's a guess for the North West based on this survey (conducted between 8th and 17th May so a bit elderly). According to that and using the D'Hondt method the breakdown of seats would be as follows:

Brexit Party: 32%, 16%, 10.7%, 8% = 3 seats
Labour: 22%, 11%, 7.3% = 2 seats
Lib Dems: 17%, 8.5% = 1 seats
Cons: 9%, 4.5% = 1 seat
Green: 9%, 4.5% = 1 seat
For D'Hondt method, you divide party support by 1,2,3,4 etc, then find the x highest number of votes (where x=amount of seats available)and allocate seats accordingly.
In this case there are eight seats, so the eight highest vote proportions receive them.

My reading of that poll is that remainers are in a bit of a pickle because they need two things to happen: They want the Greens to stay ahead of the Tories and they want the Lib Dems to sneak the eighth seat at the Tories' expense. That's not the same as remainvoter.com's analysis though; their analysis claims Labour is already in possession of 3 seats and that more folk need to vote green in order to nab the final one off the Tories.

Fortunately you can go to the breakdown tabs of your latest, favourite opinion poll and work it out for your own area in less than 5 minutes all by yourself. The only problem being (for them and for you) that some polls don't delineate by exact election area.
Cheers mate, nice breakdown ;)

afrocentricity

Maybe because he wants to find out what the rest of the country think in 2019? He can speak for himself but it confuses me why some people jump to the assumption that those wanting a 2nd ref only want it if they get their preferred result.

In my mind everyone should be okay with a second vote but clearly I'm missing something...

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Change UK for me, I suppose I can give it a go and let's see :nervous:
I'm beginning to think this site isn't particularly legit and wish I hadn't brought it to anyone's attention. The two areas where it recommends you vote Change UK are the South East and London. In London CHuk are polling at 4% in the latest Yougov and the final seat on offer currently requires at least 8.5% of the vote. Using the electoral method that's actually going to be used the LibDem's are far more likely to get a third seat (they're on 8%) than CHuk are to get their first. In actual fact per the yougov CHuk are the least likely remain party to pick up a further seat.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm beginning to think this site isn't particularly legit and wish I hadn't brought it to anyone's attention. The two areas where it recommends you vote Change UK are the South East and London. In London CHuk are polling at 4% in the latest Yougov and the final seat on offer currently requires at least 8.5% of the vote. Using the electoral method that's actually going to be used the LibDem's are far more likely to get a third seat (they're on 8%) than CHuk are to get their first. In actual fact per the yougov CHuk are the least likely remain party to pick up a further seat.
The Gina Miller site looks a lot more as I'd imagine and fairly straightforward (scroll down for map)

https://www.remainunited.org/

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
The Gina Miller site looks a lot more as I'd imagine and fairly straightforward (scroll down for map)

https://www.remainunited.org/
Yeah. Their recommendations instinctively look more legit.

Also, found the polls that remainvoter uses for their results. Remainvoter uses a weighted average of 13 polls - the latest being 17th May (so they're quite elderly for starters). They're also being questioned on Twitter as to why their methodology is providing such non intuitive recommendations and their replies aren't the most persuasive. All in all they seem like a crap version of the US's 538.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
tbh, I had planned to vote Liberal, as a confirmed remain party, although I am no fan of the LibDems, so I should probably stick with what I started with.

hobbers

Am I the only one who doesn't find this funny?

All this kinda shit does is gain support for him. Retards.

This, and also I imagine the ones who find it funny now will find it all a whole lot less funny when the politicians they like end up on the receiving end, or when the milkshakes morph into other substances.. bodily excretions, bleach etc.

afrocentricity

Am I the only one who doesn't find this funny?

All this kinda shit does is gain support for him. Retards.
This, and also I imagine the ones who find it funny now will find it all a whole lot less funny when the politicians they like end up on the receiving end, or when the milkshakes morph into other substances.. bodily excretions, bleach etc.
How does it gain him support? You think there are people that don't support him and his cause that are thinking "I don't like what he stands for but all these milkshake attacks are making me change my mind"?

I suggest anyone of that mindset right now in mid 2019, didn't need much to change their mind....

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How does it gain him support? You think there are people that don't support him and his cause that are thinking "I don't like what he stands for but all these milkshake attacks are making me change my mind"?

I suggest anyone of that mindset right now in mid 2019, didn't need much to change their mind....
From people in the centre, yes, I could see it gaining him support. All it takes in one nutter to go from milkshake to acid. The left are moving further left, the right are moving further right. It's all a giant mess, a bit like Farage's suit.