g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Brighton and Hove Albion 22-23: A season to remember

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They need a couple of direct players because De Zerbi’s extreme ball retention is nice to the eye yet toothless atm… one in the midfield plus one upfront. Interesting to see if the rumor they can get Berardi from Sassuolo in January has legs.
He's a fantastic player to watch but dosen't strike me the type who'll flourish outside Italy, indeed turned down a few of the top 6 down the years in Serie A?

What happens if he joined and De Zebri left a few weeks later?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Vs Liverpool 3-3 / 1.6-1.6 xG
Spurs 0-1 / 0.6-0.7 xG
Brentford 0-2 / 1.3-1.3 xG
Forest 0-0 / 1.7-0.2 xG

And people questioned how De Zerbi would adapt to the PL :D

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
If the underlaying stats are still good doubt anyone at the club is too worried. Was very pleasing to get a good win over them in the Bloom/Benham grudge match though :)

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Quite glad that Chelsea and Potter are being booed. The asset strippping of our club by Chelsea is unbelievable.

Heard a Brighton fan on the radio saying ot was like Boelhy looked around for a well run club and then decided to rip off the whole lot by taking pretty much every member of staff he could.

Hope we beat them today - we deserve it, before they take our goalposts and tea lady.

Idxomer

Silva just made the best two saves of the season with his head.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hope we shut this silly crowd up proper.

Last edited:

Chelsea is MAD

Poor, poor, poor from Potter starting a game yet again. He cant get starting lineups and tactics correctly at start of matches.

Making tactical changes during a game doesnt make you a tactical genius, just means you cant get your tactics correctly at first, id say thats a lack of tactical nous.

IrishRedDevil

Quite glad that Chelsea and Potter are being booed. The asset strippping of our club by Chelsea is unbelievable.

Heard a Brighton fan on the radio saying ot was like Boelhy looked around for a well run club and then decided to rip off the whole lot by taking pretty much every member of staff he could.

Hope we beat them today - we deserve it, before they take our goalposts and tea lady.
No different to any other big club going after managers and players from smaller clubs. Ex-manager is always going to take staff and players with him.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Hope we shut this silly crowd up proper.
That's not working out to well for you so far! I hope this post doesn't age to badly over the next 90 mins

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Potter is actually being booed? Yikes.

I would've thought Brighton fans would be grateful he had them overperforming as much as he did while he was there, as they were obviously lucky to have him at their club. And him naturally moving on to a much bigger club when they came calling is hardly cause for antipathy. Given they also bizarrely booed the team around this time last year after a draw with Leeds, I'm now wondering if they just have notions about themselves.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Potter is actually being booed? Yikes.

I would've thought Brighton fans would be grateful he had them overperforming as much as he did while he was there, as they were obviously lucky to have him at their club. And him naturally moving on to a much bigger club when they came calling is hardly cause for antipathy. Given they also bizzarely booed the team around this time last year after a draw with Leeds, I'm now wondering if they just have notions about themselves.
Not booing him so much, but Chelsea as a whole for stripping all our staff, Paul Winstanley is just the latest.

The boos when we played Leeds last year were by a small minority at half time and have had far too much read into them.

I loved Potter when he was with us and fully understood him going to Chelsea, but Chelsea taking both backroom staff and club management staff as well gutted us a bit and left a bad taste, especially Bruno who was a club legend for us.

Chief123

Poor, poor, poor from Potter starting a game yet again. He cant get starting lineups and tactics correctly at start of matches.

Making tactical changes during a game doesnt make you a tactical genius, just means you cant get your tactics correctly at first, id say thats a lack of tactical nous.
I can’t work out what Potter is even trying to do with this lineup and formation.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That's not working out to well for you so far! I hope this post doesn't age to badly over the next 90 mins
Booing Cucurella and Gallagher is a bit silly you have to admit. I understand booing Potter and Chelsea.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pffft. Your lot booed Champions League Varane when he was injured!
For someone who doesn’t like tit for tat stuff and bringing up unrelated players and situations, you do it an awful lot. I’ve never said booing Varane wasn’t silly.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Cucurella makes the most sense, didn’t he effectively go on strike for pre season to try to force the City move through?
I don’t remember that to be honest. I know he handed in a transfer request to move to City.

TheReligion

Abusive
For someone who doesn’t like tit for tat stuff and bringing up unrelated players and situations, you do it an awful lot. I’ve never said booing Varane wasn’t silly.
Don’t be so touchy! I think your lot were always going to get a tough reception today given you took their manager and decimated their staff after the season began in the manner you did. Cucerella was also a bit of an arse when he wanted to leave from memory.

That’s on top of what a big side gets anyway when they go to these places. You could have really done with an early goal to silence them.

Chief123

Chelsea getting pumped :lol:

Brighton need to cool down now. We don’t want Potter getting sacked.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Booing Cucurella and Gallagher is a bit silly you have to admit. I understand booing Potter and Chelsea.
I didn’t mind Cucu going we got a lot of money for him. Gallagher played for palace so of course he’ll be booed.

Anyway when you’re 3-0 up who cares who’s booed it’s obviously working!

TheReligion

Abusive
I didn’t mind Cucu going we got a lot of money for him. Gallagher played for palace so of course he’ll be booed.

Happy for you and the club for the reasons you mentioned earlier. Enjoy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t be so touchy! I think your lot were always going to get a tough reception today given you took their manager and decimated their staff after the season began in the manner you did. Cucerella was also a bit of an arse when he wanted to leave from memory.

That’s on top of what a big side gets anyway when they go to these places. You could have really done with an early goal to silence them.
I’m not being touchy. I’m just answering your post. But yeah, I was talking booing specific players, but it’s all immaterial now innit. We’re getting battered.

Vapor trail

Not booing him so much, but Chelsea as a whole for stripping all our staff, Paul Winstanley is just the latest.

The boos when we played Leeds last year were by a small minority at half time and have had far too much read into them.

I loved Potter when he was with us and fully understood him going to Chelsea, but Chelsea taking both backroom staff and club management staff as well gutted us a bit and left a bad taste, especially Bruno who was a club legend for us.
You mean backroom staff ? This is usually normal when some managers leave. Who else has has Chelsea taken from Brighton ?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Yeah score line makes it all immaterial. Brighton fans will feel a bit vindication with the way this game is going. Hope we at least make it a respectable score line.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
You mean backroom staff ? This is usually normal when some managers leave. Who else has has Chelsea taken from Brighton ?
Our recruitment analyst and this week they’re taking Paul Winstanley our head of recruitment. There was also a lot of bitterness over Bruno going, ex club captain and club legend.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
You’re not wrong. In my defence, I didn’t anticipate us scoring 2 goals for them.
Yeah a disaster class to say the least.

I really like Potter but he seems a bit lost about what his preferred line up is, seems to just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

Man-United

Not up to date on this, but why the anger from Brighton fans towards Chelsea? It it just because of Potter or something else too?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not up to date on this, but why the anger from Brighton fans towards Chelsea? It it just because of Potter or something else too?
Read up on the posts before, seems to be about them gutting brighton's backroom staff or something to that effect.