Brighton and Hove Albion 22-23: A season to remember

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pretty incredible that he gets to sign off with a huge win and the first time Brighton scored 5 in the Prem.

He basically completed Brighton.

FatTails

I still remember Brighton fans booing Potter after a loss last season. I kinda want them to suffer for it tbh.
Booing is just negative reinforcement to make your team better. Only in the UK do people seem to think they are going to war with their fecking football team and need to die and bleed valiantly together.

Are there drugs in the UK? Y’all need to smoke some pot and relax.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
A name I haven’t heard anyone mention yet is Pochetino. Would be a great show of ambition for Brighton to (try to) appoint him.

For Poch himself, Brighton could arguably be the perfect club for him to rebuild his reputation at. A solid, well run club not entirely dissimilar to the Spurs side when he took over. They should have some spending money for next season, and getting Brighton into Europe would be a not-unrealistic but fantastic achievement, that would no doubt make the big clubs take interest again.

Feels like it would be a great fit for both parties. I suspect Poch would want to hold out for a “bigger” offer though.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Bit surprised Bruno has gone as well, thought he’d have a run at being the ‘club legend’ caretaker appointment that does well and gets offered the job.

Big job for Bloom and Barber now, Potter’s taken some recruitment folks as well by the looks of it?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Bit surprised Bruno has gone as well, thought he’d have a run at being the ‘club legend’ caretaker appointment that does well and gets offered the job.

Big job for Bloom and Barber now, Potter’s taken some recruitment folks as well by the looks of it?
Yep, Potter's basically said feck you very much BHFC and gutted them in one swipe. :D Shame for Brighton but we could really have done with not having Potter's Brighton in a couple of weeks. Potter's Chelsea in a couple of weeks should be interesting. :)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
A name I haven’t heard anyone mention yet is Pochetino. Would be a great show of ambition for Brighton to (try to) appoint him.

For Poch himself, Brighton could arguably be the perfect club for him to rebuild his reputation at. A solid, well run club not entirely dissimilar to the Spurs side when he took over. They should have some spending money for next season, and getting Brighton into Europe would be a not-unrealistic but fantastic achievement, that would no doubt make the big clubs take interest again.

Feels like it would be a great fit for both parties. I suspect Poch would want to hold out for a “bigger” offer though.
For good reason - absolutely no chance of this happening.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I bet they go for Kjetil Knutsen, the Glimt manager. They could certainly do a lot worse, his style and attitude would be a perfect fit for them. Already been linked with the Norwich and thr Bournemouth jobs previously

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I think they need to bring in a rule preventing managers leaving to join a club in the same division outside of the transfer windows.

what Chelsea have done here is not legally wrong but leaves a bad taste.

SuperiorXI

Must be horrible for Brighton fans, it genuinely looked like they were set to have an amazing season, they could have easily challenged for European spots. What will happen now is anyone's guess, but they've lost many important staff members there. It's almost certain they're going to drop a level down at least in the short term.

HookedOnAPhelan

I bet they go for Kjetil Knutsen, the Glimt manager. They could certainly do a lot worse, his style and attitude would be a perfect fit for them. Already been linked with the Norwich and thr Bournemouth jobs previously
That would be a very interesting choice. Big step up for him though.

lex talionis

Very bad news for Brighton supporters, who now can hope for a 9th/10th place finish at best.

sugar_kane

Only United fans could be getting upset about Potter taking the Chelsea job when we've just brought in a brilliant manager of our own. We can't have everyone.

Long Time Red

Really think Brighton could get relegated this year without Potter.

His systems and tactics made the players far greater than the sum of their parts.

I think most of the managers they've been linked with will turn them down.

Best they can probably hope for is Scott Parker.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
That would be a very interesting choice. Big step up for him though.
This is who I am hoping for. To be fair I hadn’t heard of him till yesterday, but from all I’ve read since he sounds like a good fit!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Booing is just negative reinforcement to make your team better. Only in the UK do people seem to think they are going to war with their fecking football team and need to die and bleed valiantly together.

Are there drugs in the UK? Y’all need to smoke some pot and relax.
Oufff. Never assume things.

HookedOnAPhelan

This is who I am hoping for. To be fair I hadn’t heard of him till yesterday, but from all I’ve read since he sounds like a good fit!
Yeah, his team plays progressive, modern football similar to Potter. Led Bodø/Glimt to their first two Norwegian titles ever in 2020 and 2021, did very well in last years Conference League as everyone knows, and was very unlucky not to take them to the group stages in the CL this year as the first Norwegian team since 2007/08. They were eliminated after extra time by Dinamo Zagreb (who coincidentally beat Chelsea midweek). And all this with a club from a small, northern Norwegian town with a population of about 50k.

It's a big, big step for him, but would definitely be an interesting and brave choice.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Who do we think he takes in January then? Caicedo, Trossard and Sanchez?

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Yeah, his team plays progressive, modern football similar to Potter. Led Bodø/Glimt to their first two Norwegian titles ever in 2020 and 2021, did very well in last years Conference League as everyone knows, and was very unlucky not to take them to the group stages in the CL this year as the first Norwegian team since 2007/08. They were eliminated after extra time by Dinamo Zagreb (who coincidentally beat Chelsea midweek). And all this with a club from a small, northern Norwegian town with a population of about 50k.

It's a big, big step for him, but would definitely be an interesting and brave choice.
Would be interesting to see if he would bring some talented norwegians with him. There is definitely a couple now that I think could take the step up that has been out of reach for Knutsen at Glimt, namely Sahraoi at Vålerenga and Mannsverk at Molde.

Funnily enough Brighton has had all of Forren, Norrman and Østigard on their books the last decade without any of them getting a single minute

Nickosaur

Yeah not gone down well with the fans. Bit of a surprise that one.

In terms of recruitment personnel, he's just taken the assistant head of recuritment with him I believe, McCauley. But with Dan Ashworth also leaving for Newcastle earlier this year I do fear slightly that there's a lot of talented scouting folk that will need replacing :(

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Yeah not gone down well with the fans. Bit of a surprise that one.

In terms of recruitment personnel, he's just taken the assistant head of recuritment with him I believe, McCauley. But with Dan Ashworth also leaving for Newcastle earlier this year I do fear slightly that there's a lot of talented scouting folk that will need replacing :(
I am really pissed off about Bruno, it's a good opportunity for him etc but I always thought he was Brighton through and through.

Just an extra bit of pain on a bad day.

Handré1990

I am really pissed off about Bruno, it's a good opportunity for him etc but I always thought he was Brighton through and through.

Just an extra bit of pain on a bad day.
I don’t know about the rest, but if you got the Bodø Glimt manager you’d keep developing, 100%. He’s basically lost their best player last two season and keeps inching closer to the CL for b/g, a club that has no right competing in the conference, never mind CL.

Long Time Red

I can't see Knutsen or Postecoglou leaving teams in the Champions League for Brighton.

I think Sean Dyche is most likely out of the names the bookies have listed..

Long Time Red

Dyche would be a lovely appointment for Brighton. Be great to see him back in the PL also.

Hope it happens.
He might not be progressive enough for them though but I'd be really intrigued to see him take over a footballing team.

If it's not Dyche then I think it will be Scott Parker.