Brighton and Hove Albion 22-23: A season to remember

Perseus

Reading between the lines, Potter would like the United job ASAP. Is there anywhere to put a bet on?

Perseus

Wheels might come off against Leicester and Bournemouth?

Last edited:

Chief123

Just smashed Leicester!

But how on earth have they got an Argentinian called Mac Allister??

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What a breath of fresh air this Brighton team is. Beautiful energetic football.

Red Star One

Fun and likeable team doing a really good job. I don’t have a soft spot for them but many of my friends following PL do, guess Potter is a very decent manager

Ace_Ventura

That Tuchel sacking might derail Brighton's season, funny how things work in football sometimes.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Feel a bit sorry for them actually. Their high flying season could be screwed because of the nonsense that is going on at Chelsea.

city-puma

Feel a bit sorry for them actually. Their high flying season could be screwed because of the nonsense that is going on at Chelsea.
Even if Potter joins, he needs some time to implement his playing style. Will Chelsea give him time?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Even if Potter joins, he needs some time to implement his playing style. Will Chelsea give him time?
You never know of course, and it's difficult to believe this is the case given it's Chelsea, but I hope so.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They'd be a bit silly not to considering they're appointing him less than a week after the window shut.

Dazzmondo

I still remember Brighton fans booing Potter after a loss last season. I kinda want them to suffer for it tbh.

ForeverRed1

If I was him I legit wouldn’t leave brighton this season. A big club would be in for him sooner or later.. he’s a very good manager.

Chelsea just sack managers when the going gets tough.

Varun

Staff
Way Chelsea are going, Brighton should keep an interim for couple of weeks so Potter can take over again seamlessly

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I still remember Brighton fans booing Potter after a loss last season. I kinda want them to suffer for it tbh.
That was against us (Leeds). They absolutely battered us 0-0. Just couldn't score because of their lack of a half decent striker. I think they were having (and had) the best season in their history too. Was a bit bemusing but probably just born of frustration at seeing Maupay sky sitter after sitter, game after game. Was pretty ridiculous the level of rubbish he reached against us to be fair.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Even though there isn't a vacancy yet intrigued who they go for as next manager. Someone from championship or abroad or even Brendan Rodgers if he's sacked by this time next week?

Thinking about it this might be the right premier league fit for Ange Postecoglou.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
@Nickosaur @The Boy What stage of grief are you at right now? :) As arch rivals I have obviously hated every minute of your improvement over the last 18 months so I am delighted he’s off, but as a fellow ‘midtable dweller with aspirations’ I can at least empathise. It’ll be our turn before long.

Turning to his replacement who do you want? Have seen some traction behind Knutsen when stalking NSC, are you in the same camp?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If Corberan hadn't gone to Olympiacos he would have been a good replacement.

No idea who they get in now...probably some manager from the continent that I've never heard of.

DonBecks

Even though there isn't a vacancy yet intrigued who they go for as next manager. Someone from championship or abroad or even Brendan Rodgers if he's sacked by this time next week?

Thinking about it this might be the right premier league fit for Ange Postecoglou.
He would be a good fit but I think Ange has probably got a move to a more prestigious club in him. To be honest I don't think he would be an easy man to get out of Celtic, he seems to absolutely love it there.

Having said that, it's not too often a move to a stable Premier League club becomes available, most vacancies arise out of a sacking.

Nickosaur

@Nickosaur @The Boy What stage of grief are you at right now? :) As arch rivals I have obviously hated every minute of your improvement over the last 18 months so I am delighted he’s off, but as a fellow ‘midtable dweller with aspirations’ I can at least empathise. It’ll be our turn before long.

Turning to his replacement who do you want? Have seen some traction behind Knutsen when stalking NSC, are you in the same camp?
Was completely in denial last night but looks like it's happening. I'm gutted tbh. Potter is not only an excellent manager but a top bloke and very down to earth (part of the reason I hoped he'd turn Chelsea down!) I do think it's a bit of a shit time to leave, I think most Brighton fans would be far more accepting if this happened at the end of the season. But look - it's Chelsea. He knows his stock is high right now and this is a chance to manage one of the worlds biggest clubs. Can't begrudge him that I guess. I do think he'll regret choosing Chelsea though. Unless Boehly has promised a fundamentally different club culture (i.e. patience!) I think it could be a difficult job.

In terms of next season and predictions for rest of the season? Hearing Ange at Celtic and Knutsen at Bodo/glimt are early favourites. Rodgers mentioned too but I'd prefer one of the former. I'm at the Amex next month so very intrigued to see who they go for.

Obviously even with Potter Brighton would have slid down the table as the other clubs get their shit together. But top 6/7 would have been an unreal achievement and I think with a bit of luck that was definitely a possibility. All up in the air now though - can they get the desired manager in and can they adapt/build on Potter's excellent work? Time will tell, but the club is well run and Bloom is one of the best owners in the country. And who knows maybe the next manager will finally be able to beat Palace :D

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Graham who? It’s Knutsen all the way!

Seriously am absolutely gutted, and until I googled him yesterday I had no idea who Knutson was. But apart from one massive feck up, Bloom has found decent managers and I have no doubt that the club will have planned for this, we all knew it couldn’t last forever.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tony Bloom has found himself a little niche over there in Scandinavia, hasn't he? :D

Nickosaur

Brighton set to get £21m in compensation from Potter and the backroom staff that go with him.

Considering they didn't spend much and sold the likes of Bissouma/Cucurella, the new manager should have a decent amount of funds to bring in new signings.