Brighton and Hove Albion 22-23: A season to remember

Perseus

Wolves (A) is next. Very much the opposite to Chelsea, expected to win even away from home.

Perseus

Will BRIGHTON continue to play their reserves in the League Cup against Charlton?

Perseus

Southampton 1 Brighton 3

Improvement, but still defensive against the bottom of the table club.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You were losing all the time to Southampton under Potter...

Still trying to work out how you lost to a league 1 team but got a good chance of 7th and european qualification imo.

Perseus

Last edited:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Another great result last night, more than makes up for the disappointment against Arsenal. Also really pleased to see Evan Ferguson breaking into the first team and scoring, he is quite special and should have a big career ahead of him. Big physical striker with great technical ability as well.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Another great result last night, more than makes up for the disappointment against Arsenal. Also really pleased to see Evan Ferguson breaking into the first team and scoring, he is quite special and should have a big career ahead of him. Big physical striker with great technical ability as well.
The new manager is doing a great job. Also the Japanese player looks mint.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
The new manager is doing a great job. Also the Japanese player looks mint.
I was gutted to see Potter go, but all credit to De Zerbi, it now feels like Graham who? He has really picked up where Potter left off but has increased the amount of goals we're scoring.

Mitoma is a great addition, he came into his own in the build up to Qatar and had a great world cup, now I just hope Undav who joined with him from USG can show the same development.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You and Brentford are two of the best run clubs in the league along with City. Depressing to watch as a fan of a club that should be doing far better.

What i've always been amazed by them with is that it does not matter who plays. They could have two key players out but they still perform well because they all know their jobs. Any of the 25 could come in and you wouldn't be worried.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I was gutted to see Potter go, but all credit to De Zerbi, it now feels like Graham who? He has really picked up where Potter left off but has increased the amount of goals we're scoring.

Mitoma is a great addition, he came into his own in the build up to Qatar and had a great world cup, now I just hope Undav who joined with him from USG can show the same development.
Yeah it must have been very worrying for Brighton fans when Potter left and took all those backroom staff with him. Credit to the culture at the club, De Zerbi and the players.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Brighton, Hove and Albion. The Three Amigos!

It's an exciting team. They don't look any worse after Potter left.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
If you look at De Zerbi's management details, you will not be weird to see why Brighton has performed great in recent months. He is a real deal since his days in Serie A, what a lovely football from him.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
This Ferguson chap looks good.
He's been hyped by Brighton fans alot since he joined in 2021, it's great to see him begin to live up to it, I just hope he can keep it up

BorisManUtd

I felt for them when Potter and his backroom staff left (especially because of timing) but they're not doing any worse, are they? Will be one tough away game when we play them again this season.

Perseus

I felt for them when Potter and his backroom staff left (especially because of timing) but they're not doing any worse, are they? Will be one tough away game when we play them again this season.
Much tougher, I expect.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Mitoma and Estupinan were amazing down the left v Everton. Totally took Nathan Patterson to the cleaners (and he's generally been Everton's best player this season from what I've seen).

So much potential in that time in final third now when you think Trossard and the world cup winner didn't start so finally living up to their xG quality from previous seasons.

I think Brighton can finish top 6 tbh. Big one up next at home to Liverpool.

Perseus

Mitoma and Estupinan were amazing down the left v Everton. Totally took Nathan Patterson to the cleaners (and he's generally been Everton's best player this season from what I've seen).

So much potential in that time in final third now when you think Trossard and the world cup winner didn't start so finally living up to their xG quality from previous seasons.

I think Brighton can finish top 6 tbh. Big one up next at home to Liverpool.
Name the team to play Liverpool at the AMEX next PL fixture?

Moisés Caicedo impressed me and Solly March on the right wing v Everton. Everton had nearly 50% possession.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Name the team to play Liverpool at the AMEX next PL fixture?

Moisés Caicedo impressed me and Solly March on the right wing v Everton. Everton had nearly 50% possession.
You'll bring in Trossard given his hat trick at Anfield. Probably for Sarimento who set up second goal but he's still quite raw in other aspects.

It's a good point. Brighton is more than first 11 players these days. Welbeck was doing a nice job start of the season and he's picked up one of his annual three month injuries but he's a good option off the bench/starting when fit again. Adam Webster also been out for last few games.

Perseus

You'll bring in Trossard given his hat trick at Anfield. Probably for Sarimento who set up second goal but he's still quite raw in other aspects.

It's a good point. Brighton is more than first 11 players these days. Welbeck was doing a nice job start of the season and he's picked up one of his annual three month injuries but he's a good option off the bench/starting when fit again. Adam Webster also been out for last few games.
FIRST TEAM
CF. https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1640760/Live/England-Premier-League-2022-2023-Liverpool-Brighton

Al-T

Hugely impressive result for Brighton today. Completely dismasted one of the Championship's form teams. Just brushed them aside. Their away record this season is remarkable.

Hard to believe that 25 years ago, they were on the cusp of dropping out of the league and had their ground sold from under them by the two complete and utter shysters, Chairman Archer and CEO Belotti. Today, they bring on a World Cup winner who turns the game decisively for them.

They sold their two top players from last year for a huge profit ; lost their manager and his staff to Cheisea. But are still improving, scoring goals for fun and playing attractive, winning football while ensuring a sound financial future for the club.

Impressive.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Hugely impressive result for Brighton today. Completely dismasted one of the Championship's form teams. Just brushed them aside. Their away record this season is remarkable.

Hard to believe that 25 years ago, they were on the cusp of dropping out of the league and had their ground sold from under them by the two complete and utter shysters, Chairman Archer and CEO Belotti. Today, they bring on a World Cup winner who turns the game decisively for them.

They sold their two top players from last year for a huge profit ; lost their manager and his staff to Cheisea. But are still improving, scoring goals for fun and playing attractive, winning football while ensuring a sound financial future for the club.

Impressive.
God I miss Archer and Belotti.

Nickosaur

Yep hugely impressive win and a lot of positives today. Boro are in great form but Brighton made them look average today.

Mac Allister back and looking sharp, Undav with a well taken goal, van Hecke looked assured alongside Colwill, March and Mitoma are in excellent form.

Idxomer

They have been playing like peak Barca for the last 12 months.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Mitoma ripping TAA apart this afternoon - making him look like a school kid!

padr81

Supports
Man City
I swear give them a Haaland or Kane or something like that and they'd nearly win the league.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mitoma ripping TAA apart this afternoon - making him look like a school kid!
Was he someone who fans expected/hoped to have a big impact when he returned from his loan or has this really come out of nowhere like it looks for non Brighton fans?

Abraxas

De Zerbi doesn't half seem a good replacement. You have to credit Potter's foundation but it would not be surprising if this guy is the superior managerial talent.