Britney Spears Conservatorship

For those of you that are following the case, the Judge denied Britney’s request to remove her father from her conservatorship yesterday.

A snippet of her speaking at her case last week describing what she’s going through.

Additional quotes from the hearing from Britney

I have an IUD in my body right now that won’t let me have a baby and my conservators won’t let me go to the doctor to take it out.
I want to be able to get married and have a baby. I was told with the conservatorship I was not able to get married and have a baby.
I truly believe this conservatorship is abusive.
I don’t even drink alcohol. I should drink alcohol for what they’ve done to my heart
I’m not happy. I can’t sleep, I’m so angry it’s insane. I cry everyday
The next hearing date is 14th July #FreeBritney

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The one thing I can’t get around is the IUD. All of this is horrible and cruel, but the IUD thing is straight up evil.
I hope she finds some peace and those responsible rot in hell.

The one thing I can’t get around is the IUD. All of this is horrible and cruel, but the IUD thing is straight up evil.
I hope she finds some peace and those responsible rot in hell.
Its sick, I don’t know how they sleep at night. I really hope the next hearing is more positive.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I can't wrap my head around the concept of an involuntary conservatorship for an adult. Beyond that I can't grasp why this is not a formal, psychiatric professional managed, process with specific benchmarks for reducing/removing the restrictions. They should just play the chorus to C.R.E.A.M as an intro whenever these men get together talk about her and her money.

Tiber

I have seen the documentary and know this is an emotive issue . But there has to be more to this story than 'she is fine, her dad is mean and the courts let him do what he likes' Especially considering her age.

Surely there has to be something wrong with Britney that the wider public aren't aware of - especially with so much global media pressure on the justice system over the issue?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I have seen the documentary and know this is an emotive issue . But there has to be more to this story than 'she is fine, her dad is mean and the courts let him do what he likes' Especially considering her age.

Surely there has to be something wrong with Britney that the wider public aren't aware of - especially with so much global media pressure on the justice system over the issue?
Clearly she wasn't fine at some point, and maybe then the situation makes sense. But as @WI_Red said above, it appears to be open-ended, and an attitude of paternalism seems to be keeping it that way.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Clearly she wasn't fine at some point, and maybe then the situation makes sense. But as @WI_Red said above, it appears to be open-ended, and an attitude of paternalism seems to be keeping it that way.
to follow up on this concept I will just say that anyone thinking this is not about her being a woman can come talk to me when Kanye is under a conservatorship

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I wonder if there was no money involved how concerned her father would be ?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
to follow up on this concept I will just say that anyone thinking this is not about her being a woman can come talk to me when Kanye is under a conservatorship
Seems like a throwback to the 19th century concept of female hysteria, doesn't it.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It's a fair point. From all I've read these things are virtually never overturned either. I can't understand, surely she should be able to pass a psychiatric assessment and be freed of it as sound of mind. It does appear very Victorian.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Seems like a throwback to the 19th century concept of female hysteria, doesn't it.
That plus a greedy fecker who pushed his daughter into this at a super young age to make money and has been riding that gravy train ever since.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
She's clearly nuts and not ready to be released yet.

I mean, they haven't even had the chance to try leeches or a lobotomy yet! Let alone electric shock therapy!
Surprised they haven't given the ghost of Walter Freeman a call yet. (If you don't know who that is then good for you, one of histories worst people.)

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
It's not uncommon for child stars to have some psychiatric issues at some later point in their lives. However, she appears to be able to articulate her wishes and her anxieties pretty clearly. The ruling about her fertility is disgraceful and she doesn't have that many years left to have a baby.

I agree 100% with those who are saying the fact she's a woman is playing into this. It's disgusting and bizarre. Free Britney.

Oldyella

No one who can gain financially should have any say in such a serious process. An independent body should be in control.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
it is disgustingly misogynistic however you view it, but as I understand it, this decision is not response to the testimony she gave last week about the iud and being drugged etc.

Apparently according to the BBC this was a decision in response to a request to make a wealth fund management firm her sole consevator in the ruling it was made a co-conservator along with her father.

For the whole thing to be removed she needs to file a petition to terminate the arrangement, which weirdly doesn't seem to have happened yet.

I'm not sure how the whole process in the US works, it's clear she's being taken advantage of but its equally clear she's not capable of looking after herself. Can they just transfer it to somebody else?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I can't say I'm an expert, but I do think he is the inspiration for a hell of a lot of Lobotomy references in books, films and video games based on horror.
If you are interested in a humorous exploration of this monster I recommend this podcast

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I'm not sure how the whole process in the US works, it's clear she's being taken advantage of but its equally clear she's not capable of looking after herself. Can they just transfer it to somebody else?
Do you know her personally?

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I thought the result was clear after hearing her speak. How come the judge has allowed this to continue? Is it an age issue? That the judge see the father's side of the issue? Seems pretty open and shut. Damn right she being a woman has a major part to play in this. Can't believe it.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
it is disgustingly misogynistic however you view it, but as I understand it, this decision is not response to the testimony she gave last week about the iud and being drugged etc.

Apparently according to the BBC this was a decision in response to a request to make a wealth fund management firm her sole consevator in the ruling it was made a co-conservator along with her father.

For the whole thing to be removed she needs to file a petition to terminate the arrangement, which weirdly doesn't seem to have happened yet.
You have it backwards. Request from Britney Spears was to remove her father from the role of a co conservator and move it completely to Bessemer trust. Judge has ruled that the father can't be removed as a con conservator but has made the Bessemer trust a co conservator along her father.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No but I have seen those weird videos she keeps posting online. They're not the work of a sane person.
If weird videos posted online are evidence for having your rights taken away then I think all of Tik Tok just got conservatored (I made it a verb and no one can stop me)

Abizzz

Yeah because the laws for blonde woman and black men are clearly the same in the US... and Britney is on the side that's losing out :houllier:

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
For those of you that are following the case, the Judge denied Britney’s request to remove her father from her conservatorship yesterday.

A snippet of her speaking at her case last week describing what she’s going through.

Additional quotes from the hearing from Britney

The next hearing date is 14th July #FreeBritney
Using her as a bank account no doubt. What right do they have to control every aspect of her life?
I can understand when a few years ago she was going out of control but now?
The conservatorship just seems like an evil idea and the fact one of her parents is enforcing it makes it even worse.