Bruno fans vs Pogba fans - Why?

Zen86

Why does everything always get boiled down to ‘factions’ and partisan camps? Are people really that simple?

Not that I’ve been particularly vocal on it, but I think Bruno in his short time here has been a more effective player than Pogba has. Does that make me a Bruno fan? No. Do I think Bruno has been faultless? No. Do I have anything against Pogba? No.

The Original

He isn't, but he's been our best player since we signed him and also MOTM in a majority of games he's played for us. He also works harder than anyone else in our team.

I don't really get what one has to do with the other in that respect. You can criticise both or neither if you like. It's just that if you're criticising Fernandes there's a much higher chance that you are being unreasonable, or talking shite
Bruno is alright. I'm certainly not arguing that he's useless. He's simply overrated and for some reason his glaring flaws are conveniently ignored. How is it acceptable for him to so consistently misplace even the simplest passes? When last did he have a shot on target that bothered the keeper? In any other generation of Man Utd teams he would be a squad player ala Fletcher before 08. For the main man he simply fails to impose himself on the team (which may partly be due to having Pogba in there).

The Original

Why does everything always get boiled down to ‘factions’ and partisan camps? Are people really that simple?

Not that I’ve been particularly vocal on it, but I think Bruno in his short time here has been a more effective player than Pogba has. Does that make me a Bruno fan? No. Do I think Bruno has been faultless? No. Do I have anything against Pogba? No.
If only people could be this reasonable.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Pogba was fine when he was attacking midfielder, was never consistent but in his first 3 years here I'd never consider selling him.

The problem with Pogba is we're trying to turn him into CM, which he clearly isn't. I am quite disappointed with him in general, as I don't think he has developed at all. His strengths and weaknesses are exactly the same as 4 years ago. That said, I can certainly see less drive in him for whatever reason.

Bruno is a good player in a bad form, it's still to be seen what is his "normal" level. But as he's still a threat (and delivers), Ole is right to play him regularly.

Pogba on the other hand is just not contributing to our general play and considering our midfield options, should be dropped. I'd rather use him as a sub for Bruno and keep midfield balanced rather than force both of them on the pitch at the same time.

As they are both best in AM role but limited midfielders overall, there is no way to play both of them at the same time. But we have enough games to keep both of them happy and fresh, which should be our no1 strategy from now on. We can turn this "problem" into an advantage.

Last edited:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He has not been our best player since anything, take off your media specs for a min and address the other poster with facts. About the MOTM, it tends to be biased and go with the media as well these days.

Utter folly in that last line, proving the point of the other poster's question in the first place.
This is a perfect example of why this thread was made.

The Original

Pogba was fine when he was attacking midfielder, was never consistent but in his first 3 years here I'd never consider selling him.

The problem with Pogba is we're trying to turn him into CM, which he clearly isn't. I am quite disappointed with him in general, as I don't think he has developed at all. His strengths and weaknesses are exactly the same as 4 years ago. That said, I can certainly see less drive in him for whatever reason.

Bruno is a good player in a bad form, it's still to be seen what is his "normal" level. But as he's still a threat (and delivers), Ole is right to play him regularly.

Pogba on the other hand is just not contributing to our general play and considering our midfield options, should be dropped. I'd rather use him as a sub for Bruno and keep midfield balanced rather than force both of them on the pitch at the same time.
Noticed something like that. When he first came he really was a hard worker and had a very positive vibe. Lately, his usually laser-like long passing off both feet has been lacking, and he seems not to be very driven. Almost as though when he stopped doing the haircuts something changed about his game...I would almost say he seems to have lost some confidence.

Ludens the Red

He has not been our best player since anything, take off your media specs for a min and address the other poster with facts. About the MOTM, it tends to be biased and go with the media as well these days.

Utter folly in that last line, proving the point of the other poster's question in the first place.
:lol::lol::lol:
troll or Pogba fanboy. Think it’s the latter.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
This is the perfect example of a useless post.
Fantastic argument. The reason I wrote why I did is because your support for Pogba is so biased that it makes me wonder if you'll be on this forum after he's gone.

Now why is my post useless?

Steve Bruce

It's like Xbox fan boys and PS fan boys.

They wouldn't consider anything else but what they have

I have both in my house and enjoy playing both

Maureen-yo

Pogba has scored or assisted 51 goals in 113 premier league appearances. How people on here call that bad amazes me. Especially given that he hasn’t played in that Bruno type role for a while.
I think they are both, when fit, great players; whether Pogba’s influence is negated by having to play deeper to accommodate Bruno is a consideration.

Eli Zee

I consider myself a Manchester United fan before being a fan of specific players.

bruno seems to have the right talent, mind set, and work ethic for this team.

pogba appears to only have the talent.

I could be wrong, but that is what separates the two for me. Bruno can will his team to victory. Pogba can't. Bruno gives it his all. It always feels like Pogba has more to give.

Denis79

I consider myself a Manchester United fan before being a fan of specific players.

bruno seems to have the right talent, mind set, and work ethic for this team.

pogba appears to only have the talent.

I could be wrong, but that is what separates the two for me. Bruno can will his team to victory. Pogba can't. Bruno gives it his all. It always feels like Pogba has more to give.
Agree, I'd actually go even further and say that when Poga is motivated he has a higher ceiling that Bruno. But sometimes he doesn't seem interested at all.

Murray3007

reason they 2 are mentioned the most is because eventually I think we will need to pick one or the other for the side, difference with Bruno for me is even when he is playing bad he makes something happen, Pogba for me cant play CM in a 2 his best position is the most attacking in a 3, exact same scenario we had when veron came over all those years ago, would be out looking for a swap deal for pogba before we give him an insane contract or we will be stuck with him like with De Gea.

RooneyLegend

He was because he was the only one, but he has always been pretty inconsistent and when he's bad, he's absolutely useless on the pitch. His fanbys never wanted to admit it. When he's great it's all down to him. When he's shite, oh now it's down to the manager holding him back, it's down to the players beside that aren't defending well, it's down to attackers in front that they don't run, it's down to him not playing in his position.

There's no player I have seen in United shirt that has been excused this much for being inconsistent. Of course it got onto people nerves at the end.

And yes, the reality is Bruno is the less unnecessarily show pony, more productive, and has better output when he has off game than Pogba. He has become the main man in United, something that Pogba simply couldn't do except in few patches.
Probably why there's this sentiment going around. Pogba is seen as everything that's negative about our situation while Bruno is seen as a solution. This completely ignoring the fact that bruno has had a number of trash performances.

Paul_Scholes18

Movement FC
Haha. Some people love young and talented player with lots to learn and improve.
Other want experience and the final player. Last legs player etc.
With Lingard you get both at the same time so everybody should love him.

Strelok

He isn't, but he's been our best player since we signed him and also MOTM in a majority of games he's played for us. He also works harder than anyone else in our team.

I don't really get what one has to do with the other in that respect. You can criticise both or neither if you like. It's just that if you're criticising Fernandes there's a much higher chance that you are being unreasonable, or talking shite
Reading this thread reminds me of a clip I watched a while ago. It was mostly about the incident in the match against Palace where Pogba lost the ball, jogged about and Bruno run past him to tackle and got the ball back. For Pogba to lost it again in another second, and he was still jogging like it had nothing to do with him.

Thing is, when I searched for the clip it just magically disappeared from the Internet. It was deleted. You may find an article about that clip here though: https://www.givemesport.com/1601163...lip-of-paul-pogba-during-match-goes-viral?amp

While I was searching for said clip I realized one thing. There are some bad highlights about Fernandes like his dives but not a single bad highlight about Pogba. I couldn't find any.

It would not surprise me if there is some professional PR groups working behind the scenes to protect his image. Like any star who generates huge money from his name. Imo only the blind ones or the ones who don't watch the matches wouldn't see the difference between those two. So some of his fiercest 'fans' here probably are just guys who work for those groups I think.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Pogba may have the bigger talent but Bruno has by far the better mindset. I know which I prefer.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Dont think the concept that OP defines even exists.

From my point of view, Im deeply frustrated that Pogba hasn't delivered what I hoped and according to his job description and fee.

Also Im delighted that Bruno has had such a positive impact on the pitch and leadership influence within the team in such a short period of time.

Because both players play in the same part of the pitch, the difference between their contributions is easily noticeable and so its obvious comparisons will be made. Bruno gets praise and Pogba gets criticism. But that is hardly Bruno vs Pogba.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Pogba is a better footballer. Bruno is more effective for United.

Pogba is exactly what we need at the base of our midfield, but he knows he can be a star elsewhere.

No problems. Everyone is great. He needs to play elsewhere to have the career he wants.

Bwuk

Let’s face it - Bruno has been what we thought we were getting with Pogba.

On his day Pogba is unplayable, and his top level is ridiculous. But it doesn’t happen often enough. A player of his ability should never be benched by Fred.

caid

Because its hard to fit both in the same team. You can't really without one of them being out of position or at least out of the role they excel in.
Both want to play the killer pass everytime they get the ball. One trying to play it first time everytime and one trying to work a bit of space for the perfect 40 yard pass so the rhythm between their games doesn't really gel that well. They both give the ball away quite a lot leaving the team needing some superhuman defensive midfielder to cover the 1000 other things you need to have a functional midfield.
I think Bruno would probably be one of our better options on the right wing and you could fit both in that way but Bruno's been way too good in midfield and Pogba too poor to justify it atm. I dont think they'll ever work that well together though.

united for life

Pogba doesn't help himself does he? Man I want him to succeed here but I just don't see it really.
forget it. He had 5 years to succeed. Yes, it is a difficult period for the club, but we look for big players to lift the team. Haven’t seen him doing that (that’s if he is a “big player”). All he does is complain. He wants to leave, show him the door. Even if at 50 million.

bruno has shown that he is better than him on and off the pitch. While this guy dances on instagram, bruno is talking positively about the team and trying to lift their morale

hobbers

Pogba is a finished entity at this club. Any United fan who hasn't realised that by now needs a serious reality check.

He might go back to his Juventus brilliance at his next destination, but he will never be the player we need him to be.

Roane

Spot the difference.
Turns out Pogbas quite has been made up by Fabrizio

Someone has posted the French version of what Pogba actually says and the translation is wrong with possibly bits added

It's on the other thread

el3mel

It doesn't matter whether he says it or not, at this point everyone and his dog know he doesn't want to be here. The faster him and the club part away, the better for everyone.

cyril C

See this all the time online. Bruno fans slating Pogba, Pogba fans slating Bruno. Why? It makes no sense and is a very new trend. I don’t remember Cole vs Yorke or Keane vs Scholes. Who cares? Why does it matter? We’re all United fans, I don’t understand why we have these [insert player] FC factions within our fam base. I see it with Rashford & Martial fans too.

Anyone else getting annoyed by this? Either support the club or don’t, not just certain players.
Very simple, Cole and Yorke played well together as a team. Scholes and Keane were also compatible. Pogba and Bruno simply don't fit, if you have to decide on 1 against another, who do you pick? We have fans making up formation to fit in every important players including VDB, well, this is not FIFA game, you can't make up a team of 11 and expect them to work well.

Roane

It doesn't matter whether he says it or not, at this point everyone and his dog know he doesn't want to be here. The faster him and the club part away, the better for everyone.
It absolutely matters what he says if it's used as a stick to beat him with.

I'm not a "defend Pogba at everything" type of person but the media using our players to cause rubbish, see Rashford and properties, is out of order and needs calling out.

el3mel

It absolutely matters what he says if it's used as a stick to beat him with.

I'm not a "defend Pogba at everything" type of person but the media using our players to cause rubbish, see Rashford and properties, is out of order and needs calling out.
He has said enough during his time here to be used as a stick against him. If it was on this quote alone being fabricated it will be fine, but he has said ton of similar digs and hits at him wanting to leave at one point. He said 2 years ago it was time for a new challenge for him. He said the Real Madrid dream quote..etc.

Blaming the media is fine, but it's hard to think the player is so stupid to not know which part of his quotes will attract the media attention, so better the shut up and use his words wisely? Saying for example playing for Madrid is a dream for him will no doubt make the headline, whatever the feck he says after it. He isn't stupid, and 5 years in England dealing with the media he should know which part of his talking will get the media attention.

So either he's unbelievably dump to not know this or he knows that quite well and has no problem with it being twisted.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't understand why they can't play together.

If both are prone to playing the killer pass, surely it's up to the manager to dictate under what circumstances risky passes are acceptable? If you're playing the more disciplined role then stick to the basics and use your strengths there?

reelworld

Because its hard to fit both in the same team. You can't really without one of them being out of position or at least out of the role they excel in.
Both want to play the killer pass everytime they get the ball. One trying to play it first time everytime and one trying to work a bit of space for the perfect 40 yard pass so the rhythm between their games doesn't really gel that well. They both give the ball away quite a lot leaving the team needing some superhuman defensive midfielder to cover the 1000 other things you need to have a functional midfield.
I think Bruno would probably be one of our better options on the right wing and you could fit both in that way but Bruno's been way too good in midfield and Pogba too poor to justify it atm. I dont think they'll ever work that well together though.
That's not true.
Bruno is prone to be too adventurous with his passes. But he's also would be the first one to try to win it back. There's one match that after United lost the ball with 5 -10 minutes to go, Bruno still made a lung bursting run to won the ball, even though he was one of the furthest player up the pitch.
I never see that with Pogba

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He has said enough during his time here to be used as a stick against him. If it was on this quote alone being fabricated it will be fine, but he has said ton of similar digs and hits at him wanting to leave at one point. He said 2 years ago it was time for a new challenge for him. He said the Real Madrid dream quote..etc.

Blaming the media is fine, but it's hard to think the player is so stupid to not know which part of his quotes will attract the media attention, so better the shut up and use his words wisely? Saying for example playing for Madrid is a dream for him will no doubt make the headline, whatever the feck he says after it. He isn't stupid, and 5 years in England dealing with the media he should know which part of his talking will get the media attention.

So either he's unbelievably dump to not know this or he knows that quite well and has no problem with it being twisted.
So it’s ok to make stuff up and beat him with it?

drmuji

I am just not getting it. Why is he whining all the time. I mean, I love Pogba to bits but surely Solskjear has to take him on one side and say, "Listen Son! Previously your Agent was making all the stupid fuss and now you are making those noises. It's just disrespectful to club. We will deal with all your grievances in house"
He will actually find the right balance with him. And Pogba will succeed and he will sign a new contract but boy, I really hate it when he does those stupid interviews

drmuji

A bit off topic but can anyone tell me which Position Pogba played in French National Team.
I really want to know which position is Pogba playing for Dusch-bag.

caid

A bit off topic but can anyone tell me which Position Pogba played in French National Team.
I really want to know which position is Pogba playing for Dusch-bag.
Looks a mix of a 442 diamond and a 352 in earlier matches. Pogba left in the diamond.