Bruno fans vs Pogba fans - Why?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pogba fans : Penalbruno
Bruno fans : Pogbad

They need to be put in a ring of fire and settle this once and for all.

HowYouDoin

Are there any Pogba fans here left?
Im no Bruno fan, I mean Im a United fan but Bruno is a much better player than Pogba. Whats there more to say?

Besides Pogba isnt competing with Bruno nowadays. His competition is Matic as the competition between them is who is our 5th choice midfielder. First 4 midfielders on the team sheet have solidified their place, Bruno, Fred, McT and DVB.

Threesus

Pogba fans : Penalbruno
Bruno fans : Pogbad

They need to be put in a ring of fire and settle this once and for all.
I think it's actually Penandes and Jogba. At least that's what I gleaned from twitter anyway.

We either need to bin off Ole and get a new coach to make Bruno and Pogba work, or we need Pogba to increase his work rate defensively and be switched on for all 90 minutes in a game. Ole seemingly cannot make a Pogba-Bruno midfield work right now, without sacrificing defensive solidity. Our midfield was getting overrun so much earlier this season, that our defenders looked like league 1 level.

I actuallly think the rivalry comes from the fact that the most popular United accounts on twitter/facebook and channels on youtube are Pogba and Martial fans and criticism of their performances leads to the counter-criticism of Rashford/bruno/shaw/maguire/mctominay which eventually gets ugly online. I think in general it's the frustration really, that we cannot make the talent in our team gel together and make the team give consistent performances.

Mainoldo

Are there any Pogba fans here left?
Im no Bruno fan, I mean Im a United fan but Bruno is a much better player than Pogba. Whats there more to say?

Besides Pogba isnt competing with Bruno nowadays. His competition is Matic as the competition between them is who is our 5th choice midfielder. First 4 midfielders on the team sheet have solidified their place, Bruno, Fred, McT and DVB.
Thats weird VDB is 4th but plays less minutes than Pogba. You sound like you have an agenda?

Also Pogba is clearly the best midfielder we have. It’s just getting him to play constantly.

Mainoldo

Ridiculous claims like this is why this thread exists.
It’s the truth. We act like we have a well performing midfield. We’ve been average for a while so I don’t see who we are naming that performs far better than Pogba. McTominay? Fred? They are all inconsistent. Just one has a bigger name than the others.

I mean the whole team is inconsistent.

Mainoldo

:lol: blimey, there are still people who think this?

At 27 and on his salary and with his profile he should be able to get himself to play.
Well with the players we have we should be challenging for the league. With the salaries and ages profiles we have but we don’t.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Also Pogba is clearly the best midfielder we have. It’s just getting him to play constantly.
Hahahahahahaha

This myth needs to stop now. It's beyond embarrassing. How on earth is he better than Fernandes? He's not been in same league as him for us. No good having natural ability when you have the heart of a mouse and the workrate of a sloth.

Pogba has been a huge flop.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t really understand how anyone can say Pogba is a better footballer than Bruno. Maybe on talent sure but in terms of mentality, impact on the game and output Bruno is streets ahead which surely makes him the better footballer? I like Pogba and on his day he’s a class act but we have to be realistic and say Bruno hasn’t been inconsistent, he’s been world class, Pogba just hasn’t been.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I don’t really understand how anyone can say Pogba is a better footballer than Bruno. Maybe on talent sure but in terms of mentality, impact on the game and output Bruno is streets ahead which surely makes him the better footballer? I like Pogba and on his day he’s a class act but we have to be realistic and say Bruno hasn’t been inconsistent, he’s been world class, Pogba just hasn’t been.
The gap in talent isn't that big, Pobga has height and strength and there is nothing Bruno can do about it. Other than that, Bruno is simply a better footballer all around. Even if Bruno didn't have these amazing stats, he'd still be better than Pogba for me

Threesus

Thats weird VDB is 4th but plays less minutes than Pogba. You sound like you have an agenda?

I would have agreed with you if you said getting him to play at a consistently high level. Ole has given Paul more leeway than Mourinho ever did. Before lockdown, Fred and Mct with Matic were delivering good performances especially during February and the mid March. After lockdown, Pogba was integrated into the side straight away from the second half of the tottenham game. Fred and Mct didn't get a sniff until the end of July. It was fair because we were playing well and Pogba was delivering.

This season, from the first game, the Pogba, Matic pivot was getting sliced open like a knife through butter. Ole takes him out of the firing line and gives him sub appearances. He did ok against PSG, didn't do anything of note against Chelsea, was good against Leipzig and disappeared against Arsenal. OGS played him on the left of the diamond, with 2 workhorses to cover him. He didn't create any big chances of note and gave away the penalty. He came out and said he was tired. I wouldn't want my best player to come out with stuff like that after a loss when he was directly responsible for it.

For me the most damning thing is, Paul doesn't warrant a starting place over Fred and Scott right now. One cost around 50 million and has only in the past year started putting good performances. Scott doesn't even have a tenth of the ability that Pogba possesses, yet still puts a shift in. At a certain point, Pogba has to question himself how 2 players who are so far beneath him in terms of talent and ability are being favoured by the manager. A little self introspection is needed.

clarkydaz

Gets tedious all the 'on his day is unplayable' nonsense. Reminds me of Gazza post injury which he rode rest of his career

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The gap in talent isn't that big, Pobga has height and strength and there is nothing Bruno can do about it. Other than that, Bruno is simply a better footballer all around. Even if Bruno didn't have these amazing stats, he'd still be better than Pogba for me
Yep. It’s also the rub off on the team. Bruno gets more out of the players around him. He’s an upgrade to the team whereas Pogba is just a very talented guy.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Pogba just needs better players around him and he'll be world class. We've only signed Matic and Fred to provide defensive cover and Bruno to take the pressure off him to create more. Now we only need a goalkeeper to save the penalties he gives away and a couple of defenders to clean up after he dwells on the ball and gets robbed 30 yards from goal.
Backed him throughout but honestly it's time to go now. Been here since 2016 and still needs excuses for not playing at a consistently high level. I might be on the Bruno fans side but he's honestly won over the fans with his goal contributions, the effort he puts in and the leadership he's already brought. Has Pogba done any of that consistently since he's been here?

Giggsy13

Pogba still lacks consistency, which at 27 shows he’s probably peaked and is what he is. He’s good on his day but still makes frustrating errors. In his 5th year at the club, he’s had 3 maybe 4 short periods where he’s looked world class. The rest has been underwhelming. Contrast that with Bruno since January and it’s no comparison.

When Pogba eventually leaves, he will go down as one of the worst signings the club has made whereas Bruno will be worth every penny and more.

Volumiza

Pogba just needs better players around him and he'll be world class. We've only signed Matic and Fred to provide defensive cover and Bruno to take the pressure off him to create more. Now we only need a goalkeeper to save the penalties he gives away and a couple of defenders to clean up after he dwells on the ball and gets robbed 30 yards from goal.
:lol:

I started reading that and thought ‘oh no, not another post saying we need to provide him with better players to get the best out of him’ but I needn’t have worried.

OleBoiii

Also Pogba is clearly the best midfielder we have.
1. Is one of the most vocal "Ole out" posters.
2. Thinks Pogba is our best midfielder.

While I have you here, do you have any other controversial opinions(the first isn't controversial anymore, but it used to be) you'd like to share? :D

Glorio

Gets tedious all the 'on his day is unplayable' nonsense. Reminds me of Gazza post injury which he rode rest of his career
On his day Paul Dickov was amazing. True story - doesn't mean he was world class or even top class or even PL level

Mainoldo

Yep. It’s also the rub off on the team. Bruno gets more out of the players around him. He’s an upgrade to the team whereas Pogba is just a very talented guy.
Again. Why are we 14th? Pogba has been a bench player for the majority of this but we are 14th? It’s just double standards because one player looks more like a player you want to see whilst the other looks like a pre Madonna.

I mean someone said he’s been world class.

In general I actually like most of our players. Even Dan James who I’ve given stick to. These guys as a team lack leadership and consistency but we like to blame individuals. So yes let’s stop the fan clubs digging at other fan clubs. But we will always have our favourites it’s just natural. I like Bruno but he damn sure isn’t a favourite of mine.. only because I tend to like the most talented players. But we are all different.

Giggsy13

:lol:

I started reading that and thought ‘oh no, not another post saying we need to provide him with better players to get the best out of him’ but I needn’t have worried.
Its incredible that supporters still have the belief that Pogba needs better players around him despite watching Bruno’s impact since January. Truly world class players can elevate a squad.

Mainoldo

1. Is one of the most vocal "Ole out" posters.
2. Thinks Pogba is our best midfielder.

While I have you here, do you have any other controversial opinions(the first isn't controversial anymore, but it used to be) you'd like to share? :D
What would you like to ask? You have 3 wishes.

OleBoiii

What would you like to ask? You have 3 wishes.
Hmm, I just realized that you probably don't know which of your own opinions might be controversial so I'll ask 3 questions:

1. Are you satisfied with our board?
2. Who is your first choice manager right now(realistic/semi-realistic choices only)?
3. DoF: yay or nay?

HowYouDoin

Fred is also much better than Pogba. Ok much better isnt the right way of saying it...much more valuable.

Mainoldo

Hmm, I just realized that you probably don't know which of your own opinions might be controversial so I'll ask 3 questions:

1. Are you satisfied with our board?
2. Who is your first choice manager right now(realistic/semi-realistic choices only)?
3. DoF: yay or nay?
No
Poch
Yes.

But 2 and 3 requires somebody at point 1 to make a good decision. Could easily be Southgate followed by Darren Fletcher.

Volumiza

Again. Why are we 14th? Pogba has been a bench player for the majority of this but we are 14th? It’s just double standards because one player looks more like a player you want to see whilst the other looks like a pre Madonna.

I mean someone said he’s been world class.

In general I actually like most of our players. Even Dan James who I’ve given stick to. These guys as a team lack leadership and consistency but we like to blame individuals. So yes let’s stop the fan clubs digging at other fan clubs. But we will always have our favourites it’s just natural. I like Bruno but he damn sure isn’t a favourite of mine.. only because I tend to like the most talented players. But we are all different.
We’re 14th because we got off to a horrible start to the season and the whole team were performing badly but have looked better the last few weeks.

This is my favourite United team in years regardless of our league position and from where I sit, and yes I know I only get my opinions formed through the media, Pogba is an ongoing issue for us. Where do we play him? Who do we play him with? What’s the best formation for him? His agent. His clumsy interviews where he seemingly flirts with RM.

He is very talented but of very little importance to our team now and we’ll be better off in a new, post Pogba chapter.

Mainoldo

We’re 14th because we got off to a horrible start to the season and the whole team were performing badly but have looked better the last few weeks.

This is my favourite United team in years regardless of our league position and from where I sit, and yes I know I only get my opinions formed through the media, Pogba is an ongoing issue for us. Where do we play him? Who do we play him with? What’s the best formation for him? His agent. His clumsy interviews where he seemingly flirts with RM.

He is very talented but of very little importance to our team now and we’ll be better off in a new, post Pogba chapter.
I understand fans that are fed up. He looks fed up too. I just think it’s more of a United problem than a him problem and the media has set him up to fail whilst we just fall into the trap. If there wasn’t so many strong characters against the media these days we would all turn on Greenwood. Let’s hope that day doesn’t happen.

When you say likeable what was wrong with the other United sides? I don’t get what makes these bunch of players different we still don’t like look a happy camp. I like the talent in our squad but everything else seems the same as previous. Be that players attitudes, players performance. We don’t look like a happy squad.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It’s the truth. We act like we have a well performing midfield. We’ve been average for a while so I don’t see who we are naming that performs far better than Pogba. McTominay? Fred? They are all inconsistent. Just one has a bigger name than the others.

I mean the whole team is inconsistent.
We have a Total number of 2 inconsistent players: first one is Rashford, second is Bruno. Fred and McTominay are fairly consistent and good (enough), Pogba is very consistent in being shite. Not including van de Beek as he's not been involved much.

Just because player is in a poor form doesn't mean he's inconsistent.

Volumiza

When you say likeable what was wrong with the other United sides? I don’t get what makes these bunch of players different we still don’t like look a happy camp. I like the talent in our squad but everything else seems the same as previous. Be that players attitudes, players performance. We don’t look like a happy squad.
I didn’t say likeable, I said this was my favourite Utd team in years. Why? Because for all his perceived faults, Ole has put a team together that has no mercenaries in it, al players in their natural roles, we have a good bunch of young lads, some fantastic homegrown talent and some excellent signings.

And I disagree, it does look a pretty happy camp. Nothing tells me that the players are unhappy, except Pogba.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Very good point. Bruno, even playing badly, works his socks off still. You can never hate that in a player. He's been a breath of fresh air

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Humans love comparing things. No one likes the guy that says, well I think both Messi and Ronaldo are great, we should treasure seeing them both. Raking things is human nature. I don't trust people who pretend to be neutral.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I think it's actually Penandes and Jogba. At least that's what I gleaned from twitter anyway.

We either need to bin off Ole and get a new coach to make Bruno and Pogba work, or we need Pogba to increase his work rate defensively and be switched on for all 90 minutes in a game. Ole seemingly cannot make a Pogba-Bruno midfield work right now, without sacrificing defensive solidity. Our midfield was getting overrun so much earlier this season, that our defenders looked like league 1 level.

I actuallly think the rivalry comes from the fact that the most popular United accounts on twitter/facebook and channels on youtube are Pogba and Martial fans and criticism of their performances leads to the counter-criticism of Rashford/bruno/shaw/maguire/mctominay which eventually gets ugly online. I think in general it's the frustration really, that we cannot make the talent in our team gel together and make the team give consistent performances.
:lol: to be fair these are pretty good.

Gabagoo

Modern, online fans. Same reason why some are 'Jose' or 'Ole' fans.

Personally, if we sacked Ole and hired Jose back today, and replaced Greenwood with Harland, I really wouldn't care that much if it benefited the team. If it didn't benefit the team then I'd be against the decision.

My point is that there are fans of the team/club as a whole (like myself) and then there are the cultist fans that feel the need to belong to a little group and take sides in stupid civil wars.

You can be a fan of Fernandes and/or Pogba, but you'll always have to choose between them and the team because the interests of the player are not the same of the interests of United. There's plenty of crossover, but a real United fan that prefers, say, Fernandes to Pogba, should be happy if Pogba replaces Fernandes in the starting eleven and then goes on to be MOM.

Mainoldo

I didn’t say likeable, I said this was my favourite Utd team in years. Why? Because for all his perceived faults, Ole has put a team together that has no mercenaries in it, al players in their natural roles, we have a good bunch of young lads, some fantastic homegrown talent and some excellent signings.

And I disagree, it does look a pretty happy camp. Nothing tells me that the players are unhappy, except Pogba.
Who was the mercenaries before except Sanchez? Previous before that the snake? Other than that I see no mercenaries. All the rest of your points are debatable.

VDB looks happy? Maguire looks happy? Greenwood looks happy? I don’t see a happy squad but I do see a team that works for eachother but like I said it does lack leadership on the pitch. Martial’s sending off pretty much showed that.

Volumiza

Who was the mercenaries before except Sanchez? Previous before that the snake? Other than that I see no mercenaries. All the rest of your points are debatable.

VDB looks happy? Maguire looks happy? Greenwood looks happy? I don’t see a happy squad but I do see a team that works for eachother but like I said it does lack leadership on the pitch. Martial’s sending off pretty much showed that.
It matter how many mercenaries there were, only Sanchez but there are none now. VDB will be fine, he’s still new. I don’t think Maguire is unhappy with the club, maybe some stuff in his personal life but it’s not affecting his time on the pitch. Why wouldn’t Greenwood be happy? He’s got a massive future here so if he doesn’t make it, it is down to him.

And sorry, there is no leadership? Bruno and Maguire do a good job in that respect and Marcus is stepping up nicely too. I don’t see any massive problems with players at our club other than Pogba.