2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

CM

The manager has to go but Fernandes shouldn't be too far behind. Our midfield is completely dysfunctional and the transitional chaos we indulge in is mostly characterised by Fernandes. Unfortunately it'll be far too late by the time we actually do move him on.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
fecking hilarious that people are calling for our and by a country mile, our best player, to leave the club . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our fanbase doesn’t deserve nice things.

JeffFromHK

fecking hilarious that people are calling for our and by a country mile, our best player, to leave the club . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what top attribute he has as a No 10 apart from being a great chance creator and he has good defensive workrate?
He is bad at shielding the ball, driving the ball forward, dictating tempo, and now even scoring goals
He is not even a good "passer" with his poor passing accuracy. His set pieces are very bad as well.

El Jefe

He’s going to be extremely hard to get rid of. He knows the game and the politics of the game so he often appears to be the player that is needed. He does the right amount of sucking up to both managers and fans, irresponsible pressing so it looks like he’s the hardest working player and performative leadership in front of the cameras. It’s how he found his way to being our captain despite not being fit for the role at all. Does the right amount of social media work too.

One can fall victim to his techniques and feel like he’s so important to the team but he’s a big big problem.

It’s why I’m not confident a new manager will get rid immediately because he will position himself as a teachers pet to survive and be seen as a vital cog of the new regime. It especially scares me if someone like Ruben Amorim takes over where Bruno already has an advantage out the gate being Portuguese.

I feel the new DoF will have to be the one to take the decision to phase him out because if left up to managers they will all fall under the spell of early Bruno and will only lead to a repeat of what we’ve seen from him since his purple patch of 2020.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Is there not a slight flaw in your logic, when defending ETH, pointing to positive results in 2022/23, but then scapegoating the two players most responsible for delivering those results?
How was Bruno one of the ‘two’? Martinez, Varane, Shaw, Casemiro, Rashford were all better and more responsible.

dubplate warrior

Must say im finding the "hes in bad form" comments hilarious. This is how he always plays. If one of his 700 through balls today worked out and he got an assist, people would be banging on about how he is carrying the team.

Anyone else reminded of Gerrard? Constant hero ball, teammates blamed for lack of trophies etc
Gerrard was a fantastic player. This guy isn't fit to tie his boots.

dubplate warrior

This guy has never actually been that good and would have never started at City or Liverpool. I and others on here have consistently said he isn't the guy only to be told he's by far and away our best player. He's a net negative and once the penalties stopped it should have become obvious a lot sooner.

I feel like unless you're a striker banging in a shit load of goals your general play should be more important than how impressive your stats are.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he was good either. Certainly wasn't at a level where he should have been a starter. But I think he was a decent level for a backup player, so saying he was terrible is harsh. While he wasn't adding much to the attack, it was noticeable that the team as a whole played better when he was in there. I remember looking into it at one point and (pre-Bruno joining) it was ridiculous how much better our results were with Pereira in a more attacking role than with Lingard or Mata. From memory, when he played at #10 our points per game was something like 2.2, when he played right wing they were 1.9, and when he either played in central midfield or didn't play at all it was just 1.2.

Obviously it was fairly small sample sizes, and it's also showed how bad both Lingard and Mata were that season (they were both so bad I'm not sure if 'terrible' does justice to it), but Andreas was easily our best option in that position before we signed Bruno. Ole dropping him down the pecking order behind both Lingard and Mata despite him easily outperforming them is one of the stranger decisions he made here.
Yeah, that's fair! We kinda took the thread off topic here :D

As for Bruno, he seems undroppable so it's probably best that he just focuses on doing the simple things right (like just passing to a teammate instead of going Hollywood) to potentially build up some form. The concerning thing is - at this point in his career - he's not likely to change, and, as others have said, it seems like ten Hag encourages his (and Casemiro's) direct play instead of valuing possession.

Woziak

Listen we all think Bruno been great in the last 3 years, this season bring the exception but he is a number 10 in a counter attacking team, most number 10’s nowadays need to reinvent themselves as hybrid 8/10’s which he should be able to do but he can’t keep the ball, he’s far too wasteful in possession and allows the team to countered to easily, should he be in the first 10 players out this summer, no ?

Should United sell him if a £60-80m bid comes in, absolutely!

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
He's 29. We're not winning anything major for the next 3-4 years at least. Best thing to do will be to thank him for his contributions and move on.
This logic is just madness. 29 is nothing. Zidane moved to Real Madrid at 29. Not comparing their ability of course but at that age he still has a lot to offer and could easily be part of our progression over the next 3-4 years.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Listen we all think Bruno been great in the last 3 years, this season bring the exception but he is a number 10 in a counter attacking team, most number 10’s nowadays need to reinvent themselves as hybrid 8/10’s which he should be able to do but he can’t keep the ball, he’s far too wasteful in possession and allows the team to countered to easily, should he be in the first 10 players out this summer, no ?

Out of interest, who are you replacing him with for that 60-80m?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So many players. We can get away with this obsession of playing with a no.10 whose only remit is to punt crosses and over the top balls and get some balance in midfield when Fernandes is moved on. It would be a gigantic tweak to the system.

Woziak

Florian Witz £75m no brainer plus I’d go buy the best South American young number 10 to keep him company and guess what if Naigelsman really does fancy United he’ll be tapping up some of those German players like Kimmich, Witz or Muisilla?

We are under new management especially at CEO, DOF and major decisions so let’s start aiming big again. Players are out there and Bruno will be 30 very soon he’s only going to decline further ?

Pscholes18

So our best player is sitting on the bench at City, Madrid, Barca, maybe Arsenal and Liverpool?....but he's untouchable. Feck off....plenty talent out there that United can still attract that would suit this side more than he can. Players who don't Lampard the ball hoping for a miracle deflection or wishing something to happen. Your mentality is why there is so much deadwood at this club. We all just assume these players are world class and can't be touched or replaced. Same goes for Rashford. Yeah he's only 29 but he needs to go if we get a decent offer. I'm afraid he won't leave this summer as we need to replace other postions but it should be on the books.

I saw Bruno being compared to Zidane going to Madrid at age 29 :lol:.....Bruno flew to France yesterday after the match to give Zidane a hand job. That's about as much comparison we need between those two.

lex talionis

Is it possible that our star players such as Bruno are tanking it now and saving their bodies for national team duty?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Is it possible that our star players such as Bruno are tanking it now and saving their bodies for national team duty?
Let's throw that baseless accusation at a player who hasn't missed a game through injury this season, played more minutes than anyone else in Europe last season and played through the pain barrier after being on the receiving end of a heavy challenge yesterday.

Out of all the things to throw shade at Bruno for, you pick that :lol: this thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I understand the frustration with Bruno's form lately - and he was poor today, but what ever happened to loyalty? People saying he should be sold quickly forget that he had 29 goal contributions last season and was massive for us getting top 4 and a trophy. In my book, he has been excellent for us for long enough to have earned some patience.
Patience to what end? Ultimately, even his better form, where is going to take us? He should have never been signed in the first place, but it’s not even about his form at any given time. It’s about the pieces needed for us to again become a PL/CL winning team. He’s not one of those pieces for me. Nobody cares whether he plays well this month or the next month, just like most of you didn’t care when De Gea made brilliant saves because you said a top team needs a GK with certain characteristics (better on the ball), or didn’t care when Lukaku scored a few goals. People need to start applying that to whenever one of Bruno’s swings ends in a goal. It stops being the point the moment the objective becomes to build a title winning side.

lex talionis

Let's throw that baseless accusation at a player who hasn't missed a game through injury this season, played more minutes than anyone else in Europe last season and played through the pain barrier after being on the receiving end of a heavy challenge yesterday.

Out of all the things to throw shade at Bruno for, you pick that :lol: this thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
I wouldn’t be so smug in denying the possibility that the players are mailing it in now. Maybe not, but something that cannot be claimed about United is that we’re the hardest working players.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Go and get Eze, who is comfortably better at football anyway. And I accept, I haven’t read their respective Opta profiles, but I think anyone who watches them for a few minutes can tall Eze is a better footballer.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I wouldn’t be so smug in denying the possibility that the players are mailing it in now. Maybe not, but nothing that cannot be claimed about United is that we’re the hardest working players.
Fair enough if you think we don't have the hardest working players but wouldn't you agree that's an opinion that should be posted in a different thread? Anyone with a pair of working eyes can see that a lack of effort is not a fair accusation you can throw Bruno's way.

matsdf

In what universe would anyone pay £60m for Bruno? Not even a Saudi club would do that.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

In what universe would anyone pay £60m for Bruno? Not even a Saudi club would do that.
Saudi clubs have spent 55m on Malcom, 50m on Neves and chucked 40m Liverpool's way for a washed up Fabinho. Let's not pretend they would baulk at a 60m asking price for Bruno.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A Saudi club definitely would. No club that Bruno would probably want to go to would though.

Woziak

I like the look of Wirtz.
Amazing how most sensible fans are on the same page with this and those fans who can’t see past Bruno who were the same backing Pogba until he stunk the place out and now look at Pogba no career past 30, this generation of Instagram footballer are mostly finished by 31-32, now to be fair Bruno is a decent pro and family man but he’s on the slide and now’s the time to cash in, United are not wining a PL with Bruno so let’s take £60-80m and nearer to 80m the better.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He has been a machine play time wise. But I cant help but to think once he drops he will drop massively and quickly. I could be wrong of course, maybe he is the football cyborg.

CasaStreets

It's unbelievable. He has been our best signing sing SAF retired, bar none. He's not having a great season but the disrespect he gets on here is unreal.
Two things can be true at the same time:

1. He has been one of our top performers for the last 5 seasons
2. He is the wrong type of #10 for the club to seriously compete

He has all the abilities and strengths of a great counter-attacking #10

However, we will never be a team consistently competing for top honors if our style of play is entirely reliant on the long-ball counter-attacking that suits him and the speed-reliant players we must field to cater to him.

Reactions: Theonas

Pscholes18

Two things can be true at the same time:

1. He has been one of our top performers for the last 5 seasons
2. He is the wrong type of #10 for the club to seriously compete

He has all the abilities and strengths of a great counter-attacking #10

However, we will never be a team consistently competing for top honors if our style of play is entirely reliant on the long-ball counter-attacking that suits him and the speed-reliant players we must field to cater to him.
Even then, his long balls are shite.

lex talionis

Fair enough if you think we don't have the hardest working players but wouldn't you agree that's an opinion that should be posted in a different thread? Anyone with a pair of working eyes can see that a lack of effort is not a fair accusation you can throw Bruno's way.
Yes and no. Bruno has been overworked this season and he will moan at least privately if not given a start, but there’s no denying that he drifts into irrelevance in the second half no matter hard he tries. So I’ll take the point that tries hard, but surely you must acknowledge the point that for some reason he looks leggy and ragged in the second half of most matches now.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
You want someone who works smart not works hard. Being efficient is much better than mindless effort that can often be detrimental. Bruno is a fraud and it's embarrassing that our last three captains have been Ashley Young, Harry Maguire and this guy.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Has he been our best player for the last 3 years? Probably. But him being the best player is evidence of why Manchester United are not where they're supposed to be. If it was the mid 00s, Bruno would be playing for Spurs while Carrick and Scholes pass the ball around him, running around like a headless chicken.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He is right. He has been our best player for a long time. Which is why we've been a B-tier team for so long.
How has he? Luke Shaw, Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, Rashford last season were better than him. The season before that he was terrible, Ronaldo was by a mile our player of the season…and this season he’s been diabolical.

This myth that he’s our best player when he’s not been for 75% of the time he’s been here performance wise, what is it based on? Talent wise he’s not our best player, career wise he’s miles off Casemiro or Varane, consistency wise he’s way down the list.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Has he been our best player for the last 3 years? Probably. But him being the best player is evidence of why Manchester United are not where they're supposed to be. If it was the mid 00s, Bruno would be playing for Spurs while Carrick and Scholes pass the ball around him, running around like a headless chicken.
How? Last season Rashford, Martinez, Casemiro were by far our best players. The season before Ronaldo was by far our best player and Bruno was terrible. This season he’s been utterly turd. I don’t get how people throw out timespans like three years and ignore performances week in week out.