2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Irwin99

I have no idea how anyone could say he wasn't man of the match for us. Maguire was good and showed some leadership but Bruno was the one player who kept his quality through the whole game (one bad pass to Garnacho aside)

Lyng

I have no idea how anyone could say he wasn't man of the match for us. Maguire was good and showed some leadership but Bruno was the one player who kept his quality through the whole game (one bad pass to Garnacho aside)
Yeah agree completely. Played well in all the different positions today.

Superunknown

He was the only player on our side who tried to win the game for us. But, he can't do it all. So much poor quality around him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Weird to see him cramp up. Didn’t think the adverse effects of running had any impact on him

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Even though I'm slightly indifferent towards his playing style there's no doubting he's comfortably the best player we have and shows a great attitude the majority of time.
But I think he may ask to leave. I personally think he do great at Atletico Madrid.

Alemar

Goal, assist, scored in the shoot-out, hit the bar. Good performance, and he’s now a joint top team goal scorer with 13G+10A

cletus7

Even though I'm slightly indifferent towards his playing style there's no doubting he's comfortably the best player we have and shows a great attitude the majority of time.
But I think he may ask to leave. I personally think he do great at Atletico Madrid.
I know what you mean…. But on closer inspection I actually think he’s the problem. The chaos coincides with his captaincy and mirrors his play. He doesn’t seem to be able to cultivate tactical maturity in the team…. Doesn’t smell danger, wears heart on sleeve counterproductively and can’t coach team on the pitch. Yes, the stats tell you a different story and he’s of course good enough to be out there for us but being captain in the engine room isn’t right for him. I’d play him wide right floating into 10.

Natener

His throwing arms about and whining is still hard for me to take but there’s no doubt he gives us his all every time he’s on the field, which is a lot… most starts for outfield player I think for every full season since he joined us. Madness how fit he is.

SER19

People can complain, but he's carrying us. There were some passes today that if de bruyne pulled off, we'd be seeing clips of them online and probably here too. But the Bruno thing is that when he fecks up, like trying to release Garnacho, thats the one that gets blown up. I really dont see him as anywhere near our problem, and think we need a new defender, full back, defensive midfielder and winger. Improving these positions will instantly improve the other 7 on the pitch

I know what you mean…. But on closer inspection I actually think he’s the problem.

How many braincells would one have to have to watch that today, all of those insipid performances from so many players and come to the conclusion that 9 key passes, one assist, one goal, hit bar, penalty scored & 100 passes (85% completion) is “the problem”?

We need 2 CBs, a full back, 2 CMs, at least one winger and a fecking forward who isn’t learning on the job.
And a manager with a scooby.
But but… Bruno, chaos. Kin ell man

Djemba-Djemba

Assist, goal, smashed the bar in extra time with what would have been an amazing goal , scored his penalty.

He was having a poor season, as is everyone, but the last month he's stepped it up hugely. It's something like 6 goals in his last 7 matches.

He's one of the only ones not embarrassing himself and the badge

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Right now, Bruno is one of the few in our squad who isn't completely embarrassing himself. That's not to pretend that he's playing at his best. He's simply doing enough not to be considered a complete shower.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Carried the fight again today, unlucky not to have won the game in open play.

E-mal

I dont really care iff he stays are goes and that is a compliment as far as am concerned

Andersons Dietician

He somehow plays better when we have thrown it away mostly because we have no midfield. Like today he eventually started to do more midfielder like things and we improved slightly. This happens quite a bit but for the life of me I can’t understand why ETH hasn’t realised that you can’t play McT and Bruno together and not have one sit in midfield with the 3rd midfielder.

cletus7

How many braincells would one have to have to watch that today, all of those insipid performances from so many players and come to the conclusion that 9 key passes, one assist, one goal, hit bar, penalty scored & 100 passes (85% completion) is “the problem”?

We need 2 CBs, a full back, 2 CMs, at least one winger and a fecking forward who isn’t learning on the job.
And a manager with a scooby.
But but… Bruno, chaos. Kin ell man
Okay, fair enough - there are quite a few problems and it’s a bit harsh to call him out, but when I analyse I see him captaining in the middle of the pitch as the catalyst for the worst of it, both in terms of impact on standards and strategic management of games. I’m comparing him to a captain like Roy Keane. It’s not good enough to have a good individual game against a Championship team. Bruno is of course good enough to do that. You’ve got to wonder how a captain oversees his team conceding 3 in last 20 then nearly losing in extra time… don’t you? I saw him show complacency with bad passing and lacklustre tracking back ahead of pendulum swinging… and my analysis is that if he stays on it and ensures rest of the team stay on it, the debacle doesn’t happen. If he’s not got captain’s arm band, then I’d judge him by a different standard but he does and he needs to get hold of his team on the pitch.

Okay, fair enough - there are quite a few problems and it’s a bit harsh to call him out, but when I analyse I see him captaining in the middle of the pitch as the catalyst for the worst of it, both in terms of impact on standards and strategic management of games. I’m comparing him to a captain like Roy Keane. It’s not good enough to have a good individual game against a Championship team. Bruno is of course good enough to do that. You’ve got to wonder how a captain oversees his team conceding 3 in last 20 then nearly losing in extra time… don’t you? I saw him show complacency with bad passing and lacklustre tracking back ahead of pendulum swinging… and my analysis is that if he stays on it and ensures rest of the team stay on it, the debacle doesn’t happen. If he’s not got captain’s arm band, then I’d judge him by a different standard but he does and he needs to get hold of his team on the pitch.
Who would you have as skipper today?

Bullsick

Agreed, & his attitude is malignant, he was scornfully baiting the Coventry goalie AFTER he'd scored in the shoot-out which is pure shyt-housery....what if he saved the next 2???

matsdf

People can complain, but he's carrying us. There were some passes today that if de bruyne pulled off, we'd be seeing clips of them online and probably here too. But the Bruno thing is that when he fecks up, like trying to release Garnacho, thats the one that gets blown up. I really dont see him as anywhere near our problem, and think we need a new defender, full back, defensive midfielder and winger. Improving these positions will instantly improve the other 7 on the pitch
No he's not. Quite the opposite, he's dragging us down. He is one of the main reasons why our midfield never controls the game, and a big reason for why we can't see of games when we are comfortably ahead. I'd be willing to bet a significant amount that the minute he's gone, we're going to see a big difference.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Agreed, & his attitude is malignant, he was scornfully baiting the Coventry goalie AFTER he'd scored in the shoot-out which is pure shyt-housery....what if he saved the next 2???
Give it a rest mate. He did that because the Coventry keeper was trying to put him off by shouting at him before he took the pen. I'm glad Bruno gave it back to him after scoring.

SER19

I'd be willing to bet a significant amount that the minute he's gone, we're going to see a big difference.
this is a fallacy - when fernandes is gone, so too will several other players who are here now and many new players will be in. My own feeling is thatwhats been behind fernandes all season is the main reason we cant control games. today it was mainoo - supremely talented 18 year old, and mctominay. the difference in the level of mctominay versus the average top club midfielder in that role is enormous. When we're fully fit, we have casemiro, who has sadly dropped off to a very very low level. He's been abysmal this season. You cant have a functional midfield with only 2 of 3 essential parts at a given time.

If you swapped Fernandes for Odegaard, we'd have a poorer odegaard, and arsenal would have a better fernandes. He isnt beyond criticism, far from it, but its gotten to parody levels on here. If you think Fernandes is 'dragging us back', you're just massively massively overstating any criticism. Even swap him with Maddison - same issue. His main problem this season has been trying to do too much - it's an absolute mess behind him between the other midfielders and our crazy deep back line, which is actually the main reason we have such a problem between defence and midfield. A deep lying central defence and a makeshift midfield 2 - its a recipe for disaster and has been all season.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:lol: He didn’t save them though. So shouldn’t you be giving Bruno credit for getting in his head? Or would you rather have a go at him for an imaginary series of events that didn’t happen?

yardieUnited

He always complains and waves his arms around when he doesn’t get the ball, as a captain you need to set a better example.
Especially when you’re the one constantly losing the ball.

Lyng

Ehm the goalie was trying to play mindgames before the kick. I have zero problems with a bit of dark arts during penalty shootouts, its all part of the game.

lsd

The Oracle
Ehm the goalie was trying to play mindgames before the kick. I have zero problems with a bit of dark arts during penalty shootouts, its all part of the game.

Was the keeper calling him a cvnt before he took the pen as that's what it sounded like to me

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The Coventry GK was shouting and acting like an idiot. Bruno just told him to pipe down.

Blood Mage

Had a poor season by his standards but people who can't see that he's our best player are crazy.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I don't care what he does to the opposition but his moaning at Amad after he didn't play him in , went on a for a while after that sequence was over. It's petulant and as uncaptain like as you can get. He's been playing a bit better recently but does no one relate how we choked the 3-0 lead to the captain? After he got his goal he stopped running as much and was one of the key players responsible for the shit show we saw until they equalized. So many of our players play for stats and you can see it if you pay enough attention. Rashford, Mctom and Bruno are especially guilty of this. Once they get their G/A they feel like job done and they can ease off. That mentality seeps through to the rest of the team and we end up collapsing.