2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Vidooq

And they are both obviously wrong. Plenty of players have scored similar goals by the way. Completely open goal middle of the pitch
I can not even start to explain how hard it is to pull off such a shot when the ball is coming to you flat from your left side.

It's much easier to do it when the ball is rolling or bouncing in front of you, not coming from the side. If you have the time, see if you would be able to find a similar goal, when the ball is rolling under that angle. You will see that there aren't many, if any at all.

Anyhow, I would still sell him, he seems to be deteriorating rapidly. You can not give possession 50 times per game. Its a suicide, and to this day, it still baffles me how nobody from the coaching stuff is not telling him to stop playing every ball for the Hollywood assist.

Red-17

Thought he had a really poor game, but ETH had Eriksen AND Mount on the bench but chose to keep him on.

That tells me the player is either doing exactly as the manager wants (constant risk taking) else the manager is an absolute walkover. Either way, I’ll judge him when a manager demands he is more careful in possession rather than with a manager who appears to give zero shits.
This is exactly my point. He plays literally every game and every minute of every game. If he was not doing what the manager wanted, surely he would have subbed him off at least one time right? I don't buy this argument that Ten Hag is telling Bruno to play more measured style of football and is just being ignored. Whether Bruno is capable of doing that is an open questions, but I don't think it has actually been tried yet. I would also argue that his best moments in recent seasons have actually been when he has played deeper and needed to be more responsible with the ball. The more runners he has in front of him, the better in my view.

This is exactly my point. He plays literally every game and every minute of every game. If he was not doing what the manager wanted, surely he would have subbed him off at least one time right? I don't buy this argument that Ten Hag is telling Bruno to play more measured style of football and is just being ignored. Whether Bruno is capable of doing that is an open questions, but I don't think it has actually been tried yet. I would also argue that his best moments in recent seasons have actually been when he has played deeper and needed to be more responsible with the ball. The more runners he has in front of him, the better in my view.
Absolutely agree with you.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I get the comments on his overall performance. Some goal, mind. 50 PL goals is a great return, also.
74 goals and 62 assists.

Yes his level has dropped and he's not suited to modern football but a midfielder giving you that return over four seasons, you'd of screamed for before we bought him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That tells me the player is either doing exactly as the manager wants (constant risk taking) else the manager is an absolute walkover.
The manager leans into this chaos frantic football. It does seem that is how he wants to play. He must clearly like what he sees Fernandes and Casemiro do on a weekly basis.

The manager leans into this chaos frantic football. It does seem that is how he wants to play. He must clearly like what he sees Fernandes and Casemiro do on a weekly basis.
Hence why I’m reserving judgement on what to do with both of those players until a manager actually comes in that wants control over chaos and drops/subs those that don’t follow those instructions.

youngrell

He does seem to be regressing physically quite a bit, which is a concern as he wasn’t blessed with physicality in the first place. Whether it’s down to exhaustion, age or too many clocked kms I’m not sure, but a break or even a few games coming off at 60 mins would probably help. We have some options on the bench to relieve him of the load at the moment so we should use it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hence why I’m reserving judgement on what to do with both of those players until a manager actually comes in that wants control over chaos and drops/subs those that don’t follow those instructions.
That’s fair, but I think Fernandes as a footballer (especially at 30 years old next season) is one of those who inherently needs to play in slightly wilder conditions to excel anyway.

Casemiro is a different issue where I think he’s reached a point in his career where he’s done all the tactical water carrying and got himself a bucketload of trophies. He’s now having fun earning a lot of money and playing like a mad man until his time is over here.

Red & White

74 goals and 62 assists.

Yes his level has dropped and he's not suited to modern football but a midfielder giving you that return over four seasons, you'd of screamed for before we bought him
Yes, superb numbers. I’m not a huge stats fan myself but his goals involvement since joint has been excellent. His lack of injuries is also a huge plus, particularly in the current game where most players are out for prolonged periods of time. Similar to a lot of our better players, he’ll look better when he’s got a consistent team and setup around him as well as a certain style of play. We’ve said this for years but I do think next season we will see a big improvement with the performances and results of the team itself and thus a greater return from the core players.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was bad, but what an insane finish. It actually needed to be near the corner like it ended up because Kelleher got very close. So so many players mess up a half chance first time shot like that.
It was interesting the way he cut across it instead of curling it from out to in. That made the margin of error much smaller. Hell of a difficult shot to pull off.

Von Mistelroum

This is why I can't accept EtH as manager anymore really.

The fact that he sees Casemiro, Bruno and Rashford playing as they do, and consistently starts them, tells me that he's either got no idea what he's doing at all, or that this ridiculous style is what he is actually going for!

Bruno looks awful most of the time lately, but he does also look like he would be absolutely fine in a good team which was organised. Pop him into Madrid's starting 11, with class players around him and he would suddenly look like his old self.

Casemiro and Rashford not so much of course, but still he persists and players like Amad can't get even the slightest look in.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This is why I can't accept EtH as manager anymore really.

The fact that he sees Casemiro, Bruno and Rashford playing as they do, and consistently starts them, tells me that he's either got no idea what he's doing at all, or that this ridiculous style is what he is actually going for!

Bruno looks awful most of the time lately, but he does also look like he would be absolutely fine in a good team which was organised. Pop him into Madrid's starting 11, with class players around him and he would suddenly look like his old self.

Casemiro and Rashford not so much of course, but still he persists and players like Amad can't get even the slightest look in.
He’s dropped Rashford a few times but it’s not as though the Rashford alternatives have been great this season. The Casemiro alternatives are even less impressive.

Strachan8

Bruno needs some rest. Even two matches perhaps. He's a fit man but he needs a break.
100%. Bruno, Dalot, Garnacho, Mainoo and Rasmus should be given at least a week off to recharge if we are going to win FA Cup otherwise they will be even more burnt out. ETH overplayed key players last year thus the slump after League Cup final. He needs to give Amad, Anthony and Mount etc a real chance to show what they can do before season end. Blood some more of the youngsters in the league as pressure is off.

Ronaldo's Love Child

74 goals and 62 assists.

Yes and no.

Bruno was taking penalties during his most productive season for us.

You cannot just look at his stats but at whether he improves the team as a whole. I don't think he does.

If you want to be impressed by stats then look at Ruud Van Nistelrooy's record for us and yet in five seasons he only won 1 PL and two domestic cups

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I notice you didn't answer what he does that is hard to replace. You also said only one player could replace him that being mount presumably. So go on, explain what Bruno has done that eriksen , diallo when fit or whoever else can't do
Diallo hasnt shown anything in the PL so that moot and Eriksen no longer has the legs

Quite obviously his workrate and his ability to create chances. Eriksen has not played most of the season and we have seen why when he played

Cassidy

I can not even start to explain how hard it is to pull off such a shot when the ball is coming to you flat from your left side.

It's much easier to do it when the ball is rolling or bouncing in front of you, not coming from the side. If you have the time, see if you would be able to find a similar goal, when the ball is rolling under that angle. You will see that there aren't many, if any at all.

Anyhow, I would still sell him, he seems to be deteriorating rapidly. You can not give possession 50 times per game. Its a suicide, and to this day, it still baffles me how nobody from the coaching stuff is not telling him to stop playing every ball for the Hollywood assist.
You can explain it all you want. Fact is we have seen alot of players do it. Not saying it was not excellent technique but saying no one else would score that is hyperbole at its finest

Gomes

You can explain it all you want. Fact is we have seen alot of players do it. Not saying it was not excellent technique but saying no one else would score that is hyperbole at its finest
Carragher actually called the finish "out of this world".
There are no unique goals. We have seen them all before. There is no need to downplay it if you don't have an agenda.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The guy has been playing so poorly for so long almost everyone brings up his workrate first as his best attribute. Something even u 21s possess and most well run clubs take for granted in their players. I wonder if this great workrate includes the fives minutes in every match he spends rolling on the ground and play acting.

As to the bs chance created stat. He takes all our set pieces(poorly)and plays every game in the most important attacking role. Stick any random number 10 in there and you will get similar numbers.

Replacing Bruno with a Odegaard level player is the single best thing we can do to improve our attack. I get that some fans are attached to him because we've been so starved of good players but for the love of Fergie pick five random games from the last three seasons and watch him play and you will see he is a football criminal.

Cassidy

Carragher actually called the finish "out of this world".
There are no unique goals. We have seen them all before. There is no need to downplay it if you don't have an agenda.
No one down played it, you only need to tell lies if you have an agenda.
Saying no one else could score is it clear hyberbole

Murder on Zidane's Floor

Yes and no.

Bruno was taking penalties during his most productive season for us.

You cannot just look at his stats but at whether he improves the team as a whole. I don't think he does.

If you want to be impressed by stats then look at Ruud Van Nistelrooy's record for us and yet in five seasons he only won 1 PL and two domestic cups
Look I agree but he still is getting double digit assists every year. Even if he has scored 20 pens, it's still more than 10 goals a season. Decent return but I agree we cannot continue with him.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Look I agree but he still is getting double digit assists every year. Even if he has scored 20 pens, it's still more than 10 goals a season. Decent return but I agree we cannot continue with him.
I tend to only focus on PL stats rather than overall as an easy cup run can often inflate those stats.

In the PL, he has had double digit assists in only one season.....which isn't actually that bad compared to other players regularly touted as being better than him (Odegaard only had double digits assists in one season too).

Nowadays we have stats coming out of our ears and it should not be the only yardstick to measure a player's worth to a team. Like I said, Ruud Van Nistelrooy should have won Champions League and multiple PL titles with us based on his amazing stats and yet we had a particularly barren few years when he played for us.

Some players can have decent stats yet actually be detrimental to the football a team tries to play.

I'm struggling to think of an analogy and although this is a clumsy one I guess it's like being in a sales office where one bloke is the highest earning salesman every year but.....his colleagues hate him, he constantly complains to his bosses about how crap his colleagues are, staff morale is low and his after sales is crap so although he gets the sales they do not retain customers.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

I tend to only focus on PL stats rather than overall as an easy cup run can often inflate those stats.

In the PL, he has had double digit assists in only one season.....which isn't actually that bad compared to other players regularly touted as being better than him (Odegaard only had double digits assists in one season too).

Nowadays we have stats coming out of our ears and it should not be the only yardstick to measure a player's worth to a team. Like I said, Ruud Van Nistelrooy should have won Champions League and multiple PL titles with us based on his amazing stats and yet we had a particularly barren few years when he played for us.

Some players can have decent stats yet actually be detrimental to the football a team tries to play.

I'm struggling to think of an analogy and although this is a clumsy one I guess it's like being in a sales office where one bloke is the highest earning salesman every year but.....his colleagues hate him, he constantly complains to his bosses about how crap his colleagues are, staff morale is low and his after sales is crap so although he gets the sales they do not retain customers.
I agree, he performs but without him the level of the team could raise and we'd get more from more players.

Take Coutinho at Liverpool or Kane at Spurs, sometimes a focal point is the issue.

NoPace

He's such a unique player in modern football that I was wondering today what team would he do the best on in world football today. Like if he moved tomorrow to any other team in the world, what would be the best XI for him?

Leipzig as one of 2 #10s in their 4-2-2-2? Liverpool under Klopp? Atletico or Juventus as the most attacking midfielder in their 3-5-2? Villa as a striker next to Watkins dropping off? The false 9 role Bellingham is playing at a team like Milan instead of them playing a ST and hope that Leao-Bruno-Pulisic scores a lot of goals without an aerial threat?

FootballAI

He's such a unique player in modern football that I was wondering today what team would he do the best on in world football today. Like if he moved tomorrow to any other team in the world, what would be the best XI for him?

Leipzig as one of 2 #10s in their 4-2-2-2? Liverpool under Klopp? Atletico or Juventus as the most attacking midfielder in their 3-5-2? Villa as a striker next to Watkins dropping off? The false 9 role Bellingham is playing at a team like Milan instead of them playing a ST and hope that Leao-Bruno-Pulisic scores a lot of goals without an aerial threat?
That is an interesting thought, I think he will do well in Pool or Tottenham and Atletico. He will be effective in their box to box role, but don't think the AM role would suit him due to his lesser ability to dribble and beat defenders

Martial

Not sure if this has been posted yet, memories of the nicer times. (last week)

The Substitute

Man United goal scoring tallie the last 4 seasons is absolutely shit. The one who's played the most matches is supposedly our biggest goal threat.

No wait, these chances created are all about the other players who has been switched out every year, and not about him at all

Bournemouth 2:2 Man Utd New

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A lot of the time it comes across like Bruno is the only one who is trying to keep the season alive.

Djemba-Djemba

When almost everyone else is either playing like total shit or has given up he is still giving it 100%.

4 goals in the last 3 matches.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

One of the only players who can come out of today with his head held high. If we sold him, our team would look even more spineless.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s had a shite season…but looked the only one really out there today. Fair play. Could’ve had a hattrick. Shot that hit the bar was brilliant.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I thought he was the only player that played well today. Fair enough.

Looks our only player of true quality & one of very few who gives a feck about this season.

The idea we’d improve without him is preposterous, we’d be bottom half. There a tonne of players and management that are a much bigger problem than he could ever possibly be.

Irwin99

Our best player today by some distance. 12 goals is a good return for the season.

Pughnichi

Best player today. Not hard given the shit show

but today all the Bruno defenders will be out in full force I expect. But today is exactly the problem.

He’s scored two goals so must have been good right? Wrong

One was a penalty and the other just a bit meh…

but his overall performance and decision making was shit. He must have hit so many lofted passes that turned over possession.

one into Garnacho in the first half.
one into Rashford in the second
one Into AWB in the second

When he doesn’t have time, he just swings a boot through it and hopes that hojlund, Rashford or anyone is running in to it. It’s infuriating. Just keep the fecking ball. Understand the ball you’re about to make is unlikely and recycle the ball. He’s has dumb as they come

Hammondo

Best player today. Not hard given the shit show

but today all the Bruno defenders will be out in full force I expect. But today is exactly the problem.

He’s scored two goals so must have been good right? Wrong

One was a penalty and the other just a bit meh…

but his overall performance and decision making was shit. He must have hit so many lofted passes that turned over possession.

one into Garnacho in the first half.
one into Rashford in the second
one Into AWB in the second

When he doesn’t have time, he just swings a boot through it and hopes that hojlund, Rashford or anyone is running in to it. It’s infuriating. Just keep the fecking ball. Understand the ball you’re about to make is unlikely and recycle the ball. He’s has dumb as they come
He's not good against any sort of press, he's just not technically good enough to play without space.