View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
No one has ever said that it doesn't exist outside the caf - merely that it is more prevalent on here than elsewhere.
Bingo. Though to be fair, it might also be an internet thing in general. I don't read comments on Facebook and Twitter anymore, but I doubt that it's much better on those sites. I occasionally read comments on Reddit and they definitely rate Bruno highly there. Not just United fans, but rivals and neutrals too.

And that's the extent of my internet debate knowledge, unless Quora is used for football discussions too.

Hughes35

He's so much better when he plays like this. Same work rate but much simpler passing range. Playing the killer pass when it was on but not trying to force things.

Hoping it's a sign of what's to come now he has movement head of him and Mainoo giving him a deeper option.

Robbie Boy

No one has ever said that it doesn't exist outside the caf - merely that it is more prevalent on here than elsewhere.
Well, it's clearly not. That's just a belief that seems to be held by people who have an issue with contrasting opinions to their own. As I said, imo, this place is far more balanced than some of the other corners of the internet. I'm also subbed to the RedDevils sub on Reddit, and the opinions on there are equally as divisive.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not sure where all the praise for him is coming from. He had an average game. His being extra safe in the first half was killing us momentum-wise. there were better passes on that he either ignored or didn't see and kept going backwards.

Our chief creator still has no connection with our striker either. Him and Hojlund just do not connect on the pitch at all.
Agreed. He was very average in the game and imo his inability to turn on the half turn is why Casemiro was getting agitated with him, with Bruno seemingly telling Casemiro to go direct to the forwards. So with Bruno constantly passing it safe against the West Ham press, (which seemed to be setup in a mid block) it forced Casemiro to force the issue with his passing, and for periods we had no rhythm to our play. I believe if we swap Mohammed Kudus with Bruno in the game, Kudus destroys West Ham's first line of pressure with his ability to turn and dribble out of tight areas and initiate attacks. A player like that also imo makes us a more fluid team.

I think Bruno has qualities that are very good, but those qualities require his team mates to find him in Space. Hence people want to see him play higher up the pitch and receive the ball in space rather than play slightly deeper and be exposed against the press. I think he's a good player, but I hope to see Mason Mount given a opportunity in the same role who I believe is better at evading the press.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bingo. Though to be fair, it might also be an internet thing in general. I don't read comments on Facebook and Twitter anymore, but I doubt that it's much better on those sites. I occasionally read comments on Reddit and they definitely rate Bruno highly there. Not just United fans, but rivals and neutrals too.

And that's the extent of my internet debate knowledge, unless Quora is used for football discussions too.
There’s absolutely no chance opinions on redcafe aren’t broadly aligned with opinions on the internet in general. Especially amongst posters who are also discussing football on Reddit and Twitter, or watch those fecking awful YouTube pundits.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Agreed. He was very average in the game and imo his inability to turn on the half turn is why Casemiro was getting agitated with him, with Bruno seemingly telling Casemiro to go direct to the forwards. So with Bruno constantly passing it safe against the West Ham press, (which seemed to be setup in a mid block) it forced Casemiro to force the issue with his passing, and for periods we had no rhythm to our play. I believe if we swap Mohammed Kudus with Bruno in the game, Kudus destroys West Ham's first line of pressure with his ability to turn and dribble out of tight areas and initiate attacks. A player like that also imo makes us a more fluid team.

I think Bruno has qualities that are very good, but those qualities require his team mates to find him in Space. Hence people want to see him play higher up the pitch and receive the ball in space rather than play slightly deeper and be exposed against the press. I think he's a good player, but I hope to see Mason Mount given a opportunity in the same role who I believe is better at evading the press.

Totally agree. This was very frustrating in the first half. Mainoo and Martinez did this a couple of times and opened the pitch up. He was better for the team playing safer than normal with a much higher pass completion, but he was only decent.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don't think it's about playing safe or too aggressively, it's about making good decisions.
As an attacking mid, you should always be forward thinking. However, if a good forward pass option isn't there, don't force it, take the next best option, even if that's a pass back to the keeper.
Yesterday's first half, I think he played very safely but wasn't making good decisions. Hence, why Casemiro yelled at him.
In the second half, he was better, made good decisions and played forward, especially as the game became more transitional and West ham pushed more bodies forward.
Overall, I think he played well.
Good point that many overlook, when people say “oh fans will moan no matter how X player plays he can’t do anything right for them” when the reality is people just want players to make consistent good decisions. It’s why Mainoo is such a freak for his age, he processes the game like a 10 year vet and makes the right decision under pressure constantly without needing time to think.

Bruno’s issue is that he tends to play in the extremes. First half of West Ham it’s like he was like “feck it I’m not fecking anything up” which really wasn’t what the team needed while second half he found the right balance. Other times (especially later in matches that are on the balance) he’ll turn into a reckless gunslinger looking to create a key chance with almost every attempt.

Aston Villa 1:2 Man Utd

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
For a player that is praised mostly for his stats, his actual assists stats are quite average, considering how much he plays. And I wonder how many of those assists are from set pieces anyway?

Apparently 8 key passes today :lol:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Tidy on the ball yet again. Good defensively too.

Clearly not an erratic player. Most of those long-passes from earlier in the season were probably instructed.

criticalanalysis

Same old Bruno. I constantly get surprised by his defensive work rate, interceptions and mentality but almost in equal measure am screaming at the tv for his shite crosses and first time balls that get crowded out by the opposition.

slored1

He was utter dog shite today. Been better since December but had a complete stinker.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Apparently 8 key passes today :lol:
It’s these types of games that go under the radar and then these weird stats accumulate and get posted out of context by Statman David and Opta tweets.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I will admit he’s a good player but can’t warm to him. I see top clubs’ playmakers and I’m left wanting with this guy.

Stadjer

That horrible cross after a short corner was shocking. Didnt beat the first player and was at midriff height. A huge counter chance for Villa after that. Bruno has a good kick, that should not happen to him.

Not good today. He needs to do better.

mav_9me

Same old Bruno. I constantly get surprised by his defensive work rate, interceptions and mentality but almost in equal measure am screaming at the tv for his shite crosses and first time balls that get crowded out by the opposition.
I think it's overrated. He is careless in his approach to pressing, leaves lots of spaces in jumping into tackles. A more thoughtful approach would help the midfield control the game much much better

SAFMUTD

Awful offensively today, it just didn't happened for him but effort is never in question. Tracked back and run himself to the ground, I can accept that.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
ignoring everything else about his game, the fact that he can't play on the half-turn will mean we will never be a top team with him as our chief creator.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
ignoring everything else about his game, the fact that he can't play on the half-turn will mean we will never be a top team with him as our chief creator.
This. He can’t get away from players. Combined with the fact that he’s a poor tempo player makes trying to play a possession game almost useless.

criticalanalysis

89% pass accuracy today though..
I recall at least 2-3 occasions probably more where he played first time passes into space that was impossible eye of the needle stuff. I wouldn't call them momentum killers but again it's just too frantic. In the 2nd half, he calmed down a little bit but it doesn't change the fact that he contributed to our loss of control and inefficiency in attack with those hollywood balls.

I think it's overrated. He is careless in his approach to pressing, leaves lots of spaces in jumping into tackles. A more thoughtful approach would help the midfield control the game much much better
I don't necessarily agree. As a team our pressing and movement into passing angles is very inefficient but my point was more about his mentality. He can make 10 pressures and only win the ball back 3 times. Someone can make 5 pressures and win the ball back 2 times, which is more efficient but is still less in 'impact'. It's a very simplistic sum in my head and I'm not looking to deeply into tbh.

Last edited:

arthurka

He is such a strange player. Effort 10, execution 2, good ideas all the time. Immense in closing this game.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Yep. Would be great if we could move him on in the summer. Not saying he's the only issue in our side, but a player with his limitations playing as a No.10, will always be damaging to the team. Feel like our ceiling will always be lower with him in our side.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't understand what he is supposed to be doing. Sometimes he makes some runs like a striker, other time he's deep defending. Does he have full freedom to move wherever he want? Also, is this system any different to how we played under Ole?

I don't think he's good enough to give him a roaming role.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don't understand what he is supposed to be doing. Sometimes he makes some runs like a striker, other time he's deep defending. Does he have full freedom to move wherever he want? Also, is this system any different to how we played under Ole?

I don't think he's good enough to give him a roaming role.
Yes, it's been the case since we signed him. People look at it with adoration because he "never stops running" but often times it feels like a player just doing whatever he wants outside of any sort of structure.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Every pass doesn't need to a Stevie Me hail mary, Bruno.

Ighalo25Red

Hi everyone, I'm new!

I think we're in danger of being a bit spoiled here. We're something like the 5th best team in the EPL at the moment and therefore should consider ourselves lucky to have a player like Bruno, who any of the clubs around us (Spurs, Villa, Newcastle etc) would kill for. He's the most creative player we have (alongside Eriksen, imo), he scores his share of goals, looks to unlock defences by taking risks, and this week he was happy to sacrifice some of his attacking instincts to track back and tackle up several times. This is real selfless captain's behaviour - helping the team out and allowing the younger attackers (Garnacho and Hoijland) to provide the counterattacking threat. Not very no.10 would do this.

Aside from that, he is clearly respected by the younger players and loved by the fans inside OT. He gets the fans and players going and we'd have a much poorer team spirit without him.

Unlike so many in recent years, his passion for the club is undoubtable (which is why I don't mind him being a bit of a cry baby occasionally). He's a leader and I can't remember a game where he's ever failed to put in maximum effort (unlike, e.g. Rashford...)

Last thing I'll say is that I think Mason Mount was intended to be his competition/back-up in the creative no.10 role, and he hasn't had that support all season. He plays EVERY game and is an amazingly consistent servant to the club, clearly giving his all every week.

In short, I love him. So leave him alone....

Juicy Juiced

Hi everyone, I'm new!

I think we're in danger of being a bit spoiled here. We're something like the 5th best team in the EPL at the moment and therefore should consider ourselves lucky to have a player like Bruno, who any of the clubs around us (Spurs, Villa, Newcastle etc) would kill for. He's the most creative player we have (alongside Eriksen, imo), he scores his share of goals, looks to unlock defences by taking risks, and this week he was happy to sacrifice some of his attacking instincts to track back and tackle up several times. This is real selfless captain's behaviour - helping the team out and allowing the younger attackers (Garnacho and Hoijland) to provide the counterattacking threat. Not very no.10 would do this.

Aside from that, he is clearly respected by the younger players and loved by the fans inside OT. He gets the fans and players going and we'd have a much poorer team spirit without him.

Unlike so many in recent years, his passion for the club is undoubtable (which is why I don't mind him being a bit of a cry baby occasionally). He's a leader and I can't remember a game where he's ever failed to put in maximum effort (unlike, e.g. Rashford...)

Last thing I'll say is that I think Mason Mount was intended to be his competition/back-up in the creative no.10 role, and he hasn't had that support all season. He plays EVERY game and is an amazingly consistent servant to the club, clearly giving his all every week.

In short, I love him. So leave him alone....
Leave Britney alone.

And this is football forum, people will have different opinions than yours.

dubplate warrior

I've said it a few times here but I just don't think he's all that.

He wouldn't start in any team in the top 4 barring Tottenhams first team, and even then I'd argue I'd rather have Maddison.

Sancho99

He's a problem in this team for me. He leads the press almost as the striker but it pulls us out of shape resulting in a gaping hole in midfield that leaves us vulnerable all game.

That's without mentioning the hastiness he often shows when he's forcefully looking to play a ball over the top, giving turnover after turnover and us lacking any sort of control of the game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Brailsford, Berrada, Ashworth, and whoever else with their best in class credentials and super computer FM statistics should be strongly looking into the possibility of moving this man on.

So many teams in world football would be licking their lips at those chance creation stats. We can cc Statman David into all email correspondence as well.

Lu Tze

One of the worst performances I've seen from him in years. Just absolutely braindead. There is something seriously wrong with his mentality/quality at the moment.