View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Horrible horrible player. People will watch performances like this with with a straight face then in 4 weeks time post stats about him and Pascal Gross leading the Opta charts and pretend nothing ever happened

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was fecking shit for 90 minutes. Then got injured, was playing on one leg and decided he'd just hammer the ball at goal for the remainder of the game... Which incidentally was then the best he's looked in months.

Paul778

I was chatting to a friend of mine during the game about him and said this...

Can you imagine how terrible a watch it would be if you made a highlights reel of Brunos last 20 games in a United shirt?

I'm struggling to think of anything... anything... Bueller?

theatreofdreams777

I said it before and I'll say it again: this summer is our last chance to sell him to some Saudi team for good money. Get rid and build a new midfield without him. We'd be much better off.

Paul778

He wasn't worse than the rest of this shit show today but man, he is impervious to subbing... I know there weren't many options on our bench but sometimes the manager should just get somebody out of the misery
Erikson for Casemiro was bad enough. He could have come on for Bruno since Bruno was losing the ball already so it wouldn't have been worse.

And then Amad came on for Mainoo. unbelievable.

When Bruno started limping I was hoping he'd be out for 2-3 weeks and I really hate saying that about our players. But he cannot buy a pass right now.

NZT-One

Erikson for Casemiro was bad enough. He could have come on for Bruno since Bruno was losing the ball already so it wouldn't have been worse.

And then Amad came on for Mainoo. unbelievable.

When Bruno started limping I was hoping he'd be out for 2-3 weeks and I really hate saying that about our players. But he cannot buy a pass right now.
I also thought the subs were bad. But Bruno is always safe of being subbed it feels - I guess, ETH thinks that he is instrumental to the thing he considers our "style of play". Probably the same reason Rashford rarely gets subbed even when clearly not on it. It's frustrating to say the least

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
the guy looks exhausted, not helped with Mount being a perma-crock
If he treated the ball with care he would do a quarter of the running he causes the entire team to do, playing basketball retrieving on his constant stream of turnovers.

hobbers

I suppose the League Cup only counts as a trophy when our rivals win it.
It doesnt count for that much when anyone wins it, not just us.

Definitely not as a trophy that you can wheel out to add weight to an individual players CV, unlike being a key part of a team that wins a CL or a domestic championship.

Bruno's won 4 cups I think, 3 in Portugal plus the league cup. Not a very good career return for someone who's had his level of hype.

Yagami

Good post resistant
People complain about this season alone but, for me, this has been Bruno since I watched him at Sporting, which is why I wasn't big on signing him in the first place. I was only for it because Lingard and Pereira were terrible that season as our 10s before January and we were desperate.

The only difference between now and the start of his career here is the goals (many of which were penalties). His general play has always been a problem in terms of rendering us unable to stay composed in tight situations because of not only being lightweight in possession, but his incessant need of going Hollywood Hulk Hogan. We can never just calm a game down or maintain heavy possession pressure in the oppositions final third when we are on top with him in the team because if we have the ball for more than a few minutes, he just gets the urge to ping one whether it's the right thing to do or not.

I liked to think that - if Erik was going to consider him a starter when he first arrived - that he'd at least coach some composure into his play, but no. If anything, it seems Erik is fine with it considering Casemiro and Eriksen share the same flaws in possession. That's why Mainoo has been such a breath of fresh air this season.

Heinzesight

Capable on the sublime but it’s mainly just giving the ball away these days and blaming others. Pretty sad to see.

Conor

He has been pretty bad recently. Some of the pass/shot decisions he makes are so stupid.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People complain about this season alone but, for me, this has been Bruno since I watched him at Sporting, which is why I wasn't big on signing him in the first place. I was only for it because Lingard and Pereira were terrible that season as our 10s before January and we were desperate.

The only difference between now and the start of his career here is the goals (many of which were penalties). His general play has always been a problem in terms of rendering us unable to stay composed in tight situations because of not only being lightweight in possession, but his incessant need of going Hollywood Hulk Hogan. We can never just calm a game down or maintain heavy possession pressure in the oppositions final third when we are on top with him in the team because if we have the ball for more than a few minutes, he just gets the urge to ping one whether it's the right thing to do or not.

I liked to think that - if Erik was going to consider him a starter when he first arrived - that he'd at least coach some composure into his play, but no. If anything, it seems Erik is fine with it considering Casemiro and Eriksen share the same flaws in possession. That's why Mainoo has been such a breath of fresh air this season.
Indeed. The scouts didn't even want to sign the guy due to his careless passing. This is Bruno to a tee.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pereira was actually decent when used at #10 that season (not great or anything, but decent). It was when Ole dropped him back into central midfield again that he was terrible. Was easily better than Bruno today in that role as well.

Bruno just seems to be getting worse and worse every season that passes by.

Jeffthered

This is such a good and important observation. Bruno has an irresponsible approach to his play, it ignores the games circumstances and requirements. I donlt know why it's acceptable.

Red-17

He is the new Rooney and new Rashford of this era where the manager absolutely refuses to sub him under any circumstances often ruining the structure of the team to accommodate keeping him on the pitch. One of two things is happening, either the manager is fine with him firing pass after pass forward aimlessly in games where it is obvious we need to do more to keep control, or Bruno is ignoring the manager's instructions and nothing is being done about it. Both of those options are indicative of a manager who is simply getting outcoached week after week.

Ludens the Red

You’d have to have something wrong with your brain to not think long term he needs to be replaced if we are to become a better football team.

Utuhu

He is the reason why we are still stuck with the 4231 formation thereby giving the two central midfielders a big task of containing the opposition three man midfield.
He has to be sold in the summer.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I hope we get a Saudi bid for him this summer. Go and buy a real midfielder, in fact I'd rather we play Mount as he offers much better balance.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Capable on the sublime but it’s mainly just giving the ball away these days and blaming others. Pretty sad to see.
This is precisly why I never got his captaincy, it's a regular thing with him since ever, no matter of what anyone can think of his talent and contribution, that constant bitching at everything, even his own mates and never taking the blame about anything it's really far from stuff that must be consider as Captain Material.
This gets worse when him as Captain even feels more entitle to risk the ball in a silly way time and again.

Vidooq

Nah, I don't blame him anymore. This is now on the coach. He is watching this every week without taking any corrections to Bruno's game. He is starting him every week, he is not substituting for him, so in a way, he is approving of his game. Most shots faced in the PL bar Sheffield? This is what you get when you cant retain possession. And he is the main culprit.

rakesh289

Bruno is not the problem.

He was absolutely masterclass when he played higher up the pitch.I remember him keeping the ball a lot better under Ole and using it better as well.

This Ten haag ball needs to stop, that just nerfs our best chance creator. Bruno is a 10 play him like a 10, casemainoo or whoever plays the dm both need to hold since our fullbacks also dart forward to create the overload.

FerociousCorgis

Honestly I'd put him in the sell part to just get a complete cultural reset and be able to support the next manager in with a better suited playstyle.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Indeed. The scouts didn't even want to sign the guy due to his careless passing. This is Bruno to a tee.
Yep. It just mattered less because his finishing/goalscoring was excellent at that time and he was also allowed a complete license to roam and do whatever he wished. It was the ideal set up for a player like him because he didn’t have any true instructions and could play everything off the cuff, but when ask to play a more structured game along with his physical decline it’s gone to shit.

AndyMUFC

Bruno just isn't the player that some make him out to be. Capable of moments that most of our team aren't but playing in moments is exactly our problem.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
You know you're not a top side when players like him and Rashford are your main guys.

His preference for the Hollywood balls is his way of coping with his relative lack of ability on the ball.

hobbers

Bruno is not the problem.

He was absolutely masterclass when he played higher up the pitch.I remember him keeping the ball a lot better under Ole and using it better as well.

This Ten haag ball needs to stop, that just nerfs our best chance creator. Bruno is a 10 play him like a 10, casemainoo or whoever plays the dm both need to hold since our fullbacks also dart forward to create the overload.
He's never put on a masterclass in his life, but he's playing high up the pitch now. We played today with Bruno and Rashford up top. Until Casemiro came off and he dropped deeper.

He's shit wherever he's played and has been, in the main, for years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Worst captain I’ve seen at this club since I became a fan.
When he isn’t scoring, it’s not with it having him in the side cause he’s a massive liability.