2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Gomes

It doesn't actually even matter anymore what he does in a game. The same clowns are chatting bollox anyway. After being angry because obvious horrific refereeing decisions, it really helps that at least those twats here are miserable. You deserve this result.

TempusFugit

He's so weak nowadays. Getting the ball from him is so easy, he just gives it up without a fight. Add this to the fact that his midfield partners are 18yr old Mainoo and a Casemiro who basically can't sprint and it's not looking good for us.

united for life

He let dalot get isolated on their second penalty. Should have helped him out
he can’t, he is worn out. It’s the manager’s fault he keeps playing him. Mount should’ve replaced Bruno not Garnacho today. It’s illegal the amount of minutes Bruno plays

DON’T PANIC ™

Same old, same old.
Did some great things, made some howlers.
At 3-2 he blasted a great opportunity over the bar. Even worse was making a mess of the simple through ball to Garnacho that was cut out.
His goal was great mind you.

MDFC Manager

he can’t, he is worn out. It’s the manager’s fault he keeps playing him. Mount should’ve replaced Bruno not Garnacho today. It’s illegal the amount of minutes Bruno plays
Yes and it's a shame that the manager will rightfully get sacked while the captain sticks around to doom the next manager

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes to TNT Sports: "We had the game in our hands and we gave it away.

"It's frustrating. It's difficult to take. We had good control in the last few minutes. But they got two chances and scored two goals.

"From the corner we have to be much quicker. We knew beforehand they take corners and throw-ins quickly.

"In the last games we've conceded too many shots. It's about defending your box.

"It's a big game [on Sunday against Liverpool]. I don't need to say anything [to his team-mates]. If I need to say anything it's a problem because this is a massive club."

Stadjer

Same old, same old.
Did some great things, made some howlers.
At 3-2 he blasted a great opportunity over the bar. Even worse was making a mess of the simple through ball to Garnacho that was cut out.
His goal was great mind you.
That 3-2 wasnt that easy but that pass moment was worse in my opinion. That is what he is supposed to be elite at. He has flaws in his game but he is supposed to be good at launching a player on the break and he came up with that pass.

Crashoutcassius

He will look better again under a better manager with more cohensive tactics. His role at present is absolutely absurb - play every minute, lead every press, create every change, and score a few goals if you can as well?

Strats

Should stick to heading the ball, as his passing can be absolutely appalling. Even simple ones.

But yes, he’s been grossly overplayed. Would seriously consider starting Mount ahead of him next game. Won’t happen obviously.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes to TNT Sports: "We had the game in our hands and we gave it away.

"It's frustrating. It's difficult to take. We had good control in the last few minutes. But they got two chances and scored two goals.

"From the corner we have to be much quicker. We knew beforehand they take corners and throw-ins quickly.

"In the last games we've conceded too many shots. It's about defending your box.

"It's a big game [on Sunday against Liverpool]. I don't need to say anything [to his team-mates]. If I need to say anything it's a problem because this is a massive club."
What a leader this guy is. Truly bitchmade

klayton88

Get this b-tech footballer out of my team. I've seen more composure in front of goal at Sunday league level.

lost7

You know it's bad when even goals don't hide his poor performances anymore... he has too many flaws to be effective over the course of 90 minutes. He perfectly represents what we've become, moments FC.

Great goal, though

The_Midfielder

I'd rather he had the skills of a world class midfielder as a priority.
The whole players are setup to be doomed ..
How can you be let so many attempts in goal..
Where is the organization? Why is there a huge gap in our midfield ? We had the same issue in game 1 vs Wolves ? Why do we still have it in the 50th game ..
Before anybody says it is Bruno's fault .. why is the manager playing this way ?
We have been playing suicidal football all season long ..
EtH has to go ..

Dan_F

What a leader this guy is. Truly bitchmade
What’s wrong with that quote? :lol:

He’s been run into the ground. I think it’s best for everyone if he leaves to see if he can win some silverware and we have a fresh start. We’re not getting close the the league in the next couple of years.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Bench him ffs. He's playing shit for a whole season yet plays every minute. It is depressing

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
You are all crying but he's the only player who can play about 40 games in the season for our club and be consistent.

He gives pass, he scores less within this weird setup, but he tries to help the midfield.

The setup is wrong for the team and it's the same since Wolves the opening day.

He looks tired, he looks struggling with his ankle or I don't know, but he's there anyway.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
You are all crying but he's the only player who can play about 40 games in the season for our club and be consistent.

He gives pass, he scores less within this weird setup, but he tries to help the midfield.

The setup is wrong for the team and it's the same since Wolves the opening day.

He looks tired, he looks struggling with his ankle or I don't know, but he's there anyway.
And that is the problem. How the hell is an off form player starting every bloody game, it makes zero sense. I want to see Mount or Amad in his position in the next 3 games or so. ETH does not change the obvious, and it will cost him his job

Chaky_Best

And that is the problem. How the hell is an off form player starting every bloody game, it makes zero sense. I want to see Mount or Amad in his position in the next 3 games or so. ETH does not change the obvious, and it will cost him his job
Because you have no one able to replace him. We have no players in midfield creative enough to replace him.

Mount was injured all the season and Erik doesn't know how to incorpore him. Amad is a winger.

Unless you play with 3 real midfielders (Case, Mainoo, Mc To) and 3 forward, Bruno is pivotal.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Because you have no one able to replace him. We have no players in midfield creative enough to replace him.

Mount was injured all the season and Erik doesn't know how to incorpore him. Amad is a winger.

Unless you play with 3 real midfielders (Case, Mainoo, Mc To) and 3 forward, Bruno is pivotal.
You make the same mistake over and over and you expect a different result. If we cannot replace his position, then change the formation. It is not that difficult and since our formation is crap anyhow, why insist on that too? It is just too many things that make zero sense, and yet the manager does not even try. He was benched for that CP game, and it was the best game we played that season... Now I'm not saying it was because he was benched, but it showed an impact. On top, he is a bloody disaster of a captain, what a shitty choice

Patchbeard

Amad played no.10 against Liverpool and I'm sure Amad played centrally quite a bit for Sunderland last season, especially later on when it was clear he was their best player and could have more impact there. According to whoscored he played 12 games at AM and 15 at RW.

(I'm not saying he's the answer, just he could be given some of Bruno's gametime to help rest Bruno and give him a chance)

Adz_99

When you compare him to an 18 year old Mainoo who is composed in possession, you realise how dreadful this guy is. Plenty of goals and assists but that papers over the cracks.

Chaky_Best

You make the same mistake over and over and you expect a different result. If we cannot replace his position, then change the formation. It is not that difficult and since our formation is crap anyhow, why insist on that too? It is just too many things that make zero sense, and yet the manager does not even try. He was benched for that CP game, and it was the best game we played that season... Now I'm not saying it was because he was benched, but it showed an impact. On top, he is a bloody disaster of a captain, what a shitty choice
I don't agree with you because he's the only player we have capable of doing a cross, giving the ball and the only one capable of having intensity week in week out.

I don't say that he's Ronaldinho or Zidane, but he's the best out of the rest

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I don't agree with you because he's the only player we have capable of doing a cross, giving the ball and the only one capable of having intensity week in week out.

I don't say that he's Ronaldinho or Zidane, but he's the best out of the rest
And how often has he been showing that? You might think of the Bruno 3 years ago but we have not seen that. To just hope for a good cross eventually is not enough, and unless he feels some competition, he might not improve either

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He will look better again under a better manager with more cohensive tactics. His role at present is absolutely absurb - play every minute, lead every press, create every change, and score a few goals if you can as well?
This. Our midfield is a complete shambles at the moment so its no wonder our midfielders are not performing. Hes looking great for Portugal and he was our most important player during our good period under Ole.

Needs a rest and a proper set up and he will shine

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When you compare him to an 18 year old Mainoo who is composed in possession, you realise how dreadful this guy is. Plenty of goals and assists but that papers over the cracks.
But the goals and assists haven’t even been plentiful for a while. His goals and assists stats have been on a constant dwindle ever since his first full season. Fernandes is not a player who’s typically going to excel in a match in the absence of a goal or assist, so when he’s struggling to offer these, there is limited usage to him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I'll be honest here, I don't particularly rate Bruno as a player, he peaked when we played Ole-ball with a proper screen behind him and playing close to the opposition box with little defensive duties (his pressing does more harm than good).

Under Ten Hag regime, I just don't understand what he's supposed to be doing. He seems to be all over the place, on the ball he's not good enough at progressing it through midfield, while off the ball he's a ghost.

Honestly this might be ETH biggest midfield if he thought he'll build around Bruno. Going for Mount, a much more versatile attacking midfielder, even if not as creative as Bruno, was the right move imo. Shame the plan was to play them both together, because that ain't working, especially with Mainoo overtaking Casemiro.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'll be honest here, I don't particularly rate Bruno as a player, he peaked when we played Ole-ball with a proper screen behind him and playing close to the opposition box with little defensive duties (his pressing does more harm than good).

Under Ten Hag regime, I just don't understand what he's supposed to be doing. He seems to be all over the place, on the ball he's not good enough at progressing it through midfield, while off the ball he's a ghost.

Honestly this might be ETH biggest midfield if he thought he'll build around Bruno. Going for Mount, a much more versatile attacking midfielder, even if not as creative as Bruno, was the right move imo. Shame the plan was to play them both together, because that ain't working, especially with Mainoo overtaking Casemiro.
The biggest flaw both ten Hag (and Fernandes) did was ever thinking Fernandes could play anywhere other than a pure no.10 with two behind him. The constant shuffle to push him deeper just illustrates his biggest flaws (your second paragraph) and minimises his strengths.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The biggest flaw both ten Hag (and Fernandes) did was ever thinking Fernandes could play anywhere other than a pure no.10 with two behind him. The constant shuffle to push him deeper just illustrates his biggest flaws (your second paragraph) and minimises his strengths.
Exactly. What a ridiculous idea that is. A lot of other problems are exposed because of forcing Bruno to be an all-round midfielder.

I agree with the comment someone made that he is on net negative in terms of team contribution this season, but just like McTominay, it's not entirely his fault. He didn't play this role in previous seasons. It's clearly new instructions.