Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Pogba ever comes back, playing 4-3-3 with Bruno, Pogba and Fred in the midfield would be nice. Sick of this stupid 4-2-3-1 personally
Agree with that. Too much attacking emphasis on the 10 alone in the 433. I like one holding CM with the other driving forward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, it's easily achievable, if everything goes well, but provides some insurance against flops. Not sure if fecking Sanchez made 25 appearances for us in his 1.5 useless years with us
Exactly. Heaven forbid that happens, it protects us a few more million.

I'm confident Bruno will be a star though.

Will he play on Saturday?
With Matic now injured I'd expect so.

Will probably see a 4-3-3 with Pereira and Fred alongside him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If Pogba ever comes back, playing 4-3-3 with Bruno, Pogba and Fred in the midfield would be nice. Sick of this stupid 4-2-3-1 personally
Personally think Matic would balance that midfield quite nicely.

Teja

It's a little unfair on Fred though. He's worked his socks off and really come into his own as a player this season, far from our weakest link and he's the one that'll kicked out of the team if Bruno and Pogba are both fit.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Bruno is an attacking midfielder. Has no impact on Fred unless he's converted to a deeper CM which based on reports wouldn't make sense.
I wasn't meaning him to be a direct replacement.

He was already our 3rd best MF behind Pogba and McT and unless we Pogba leaves, I don't see Fred making the team other than for rotation purposes. And if we do replace Matic with an upgrade, I see see the upgrade+McT+Bruno being the first team core.

Nick7

But Fernandes is an attacking midfielder. Closer to a 10. So that’s still a 2-3 behind a striker.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Fred is playing miles better right now than Matic, and he covers a ton of ground.
Agreed, just think Matic's better defensive nous and awareness might be the best fit, not to say Fred wouldn't work well there either.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’d play 4-4-2 diamond, mctom DM Fred and pogba CM and Bruno behind rashford and martial

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's a little unfair on Fred though. He's worked his socks off and really come into his own as a player this season, far from our weakest link and he's the one that'll kicked out of the team if Bruno and Pogba are both fit.
That's fine. You need a deep squad so you can rotate and rest players when needed. Pogba has played like 2 games all season and is off in the summer, so it's an irrelevant discussion anyway. We'll have Bruno, Pogba, McTominay, Fred and Matic. That's a very good balance. Some games itll be Bruno maybe used on the tight of a 4231, with Pogba the 10 and Fred and McTominay the pivot. Some games Matic is in for McTominay. Some games Fred and Matic are both subs and we start both Pogba and Bruno Fernandes in front of Fred. It really is a non issue and is more in line with what our midfield group should look like. We shouldn't collapse after 1 injury or require that they start every single game and play 90 minutes every game because of a lack of depth. Theyll all get their games.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why would he not play on Saturday when he's been playing for Sporting? Never understand this idea that a new signing has to be eased in. If he’s fit, play him!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Why would he not play on Saturday when he's been playing for Sporting? Never understand this idea that a new signing has to be eased in. If he’s fit, play him!
Nothing wrong with his match fitness

Think the reluctance would be more about settling in,getting to know his teammates etc.

manc4red

I like this transfer personally. He can slot into a spot we actually need someone for. He is new so won’t be bogged down by ‘politics’ yet and would be hungry to shine. Fans do need to give him some time to adjust but his quality is there to see

I also like the deal itself. The bonus component etc. Not bad Mr. Woodward

Reactions: Penna

Shimo

Hope club are not wasting time by spending like a day working on the PR stuff around his signing - photos, video etc. Needs to do his medical, sign whatever he has to and be given to Ole so he can can get as much time as possible for Saturday. After that if there is time for then go for the promo material.

alexthelion

An attacking midfielder who can actually score & assist as well as shoot from range after Mata's legs gone. I hope we don't turn him to shit like we did with quite a few players and he can produce the same quality at this level. Also hope this doesn't mean Pogba is off in the summer so we signed him. Fourth good signing under Ole.
Think that's what you meant to say.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I like this transfer personally. He can slot into a spot we actually need someone for. He is new so won’t be bogged down by ‘politics’ yet and would be hungry to shine. Fans do need to give him some time to adjust but his quality is there to see

I also like the deal itself. The bonus component etc. Not bad Mr. Woodward
Judge does the negotiations doesn't he? At least that's what I thought anyway.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Personally think Matic would balance that midfield quite nicely.
I don't know how much they can do at this point, but Matic and Mata in their prime (even after moving to us, as short-lived as it was) were wonderful. They seem too old to consistently do it for us, now, but I wish we get a midfield that can play at the level these players had back in the day.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
But Fernandes is an attacking midfielder. Closer to a 10. So that’s still a 2-3 behind a striker.
Doesn't mean we can't play good 4-3-3 with him. Is Bruno any more attacking than De Bruyne? City plays 4-3-3 with KDB. When Ole was first appointed, we won a lot of games with 4-3-3. It's a good formation that we should use more, once we have more balanced, more talented midfield.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
All this delay in announcing it will be wasting time making some stupid video that everyone will think is stupid.

Just announce him, ffs, nobody cares about the stupid video.
Would be great if he does a video dressed in a hi-viz vest holding a sledgehammer and smashing up a piano.

Canagel

What is unfair? Fred will probably end up the hardest one to kick off the team, he has shown his compatibility with at least 3 different partners in midfield and suited well with them. If anything the decision will be if we are playing with 3 or 4 in midfield.
Bruno will start, Pogba when fit will start, Fred will start. The only question will be who starts at DM if we are playing 4 in midfield and who will play in the front three if not.

Memento28

It's said in the vid below that Fernandes has played in a 4-3-3 and it might just be for the best if Pogba and Fernandes are deployed as the two creative #8s ahead of a DM.
had to remove the video from the quote as I can't post media

Nice video. Seems like a perfect signing for us, would improve our attackers and give confidence to Martial too who is struggling.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Finally! After last summer i thought this wouldn't happen. Glad we finally sealed this one. I am very optimistic. Now we need 3-4 more players of a similar caliber next window.