Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United Player

izec

Hope he can have a positive impact on Dalot as well.

At least we got some Portuguese speaking guys to help him settle quickly.

DBT85

Same,hope he can be half as good as our last MFer to wear it...
He shoots from range, gets plenty of cards (7 yellow 1 red this season) and can actually pass a football.

He's at least pointing in the right direction

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Feel much more positive about this after reading about the sort of personality he is as well as his pressing. Hope it works out really well.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
if he’s as effective as a young Scholes then we are laughing. I don’t expect him to become the deep lying player scholes became but a few more goals and assists from our attacking midfielders will be so refreshing. I think he’s Just a better player than anyone we’ve tried there in ages. I think he’s a lot more aggressive than mata, Jesse, Kagawa and Miki and he looks on paper like he could be a top PL player. Brunoooooooooooooo!!!

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
if he’s as effective as a young Scholes then we are laughing. I don’t expect him to become the deep lying player scholes became but a few more goals and assists from our attacking midfielders will be so refreshing. I think he’s Just a better player than anyone we’ve tried there in ages. I think he’s a lot more aggressive than mata, Jesse, Kagawa and Miki and he looks on paper like he could be a top PL player. Brunoooooooooooooo!!!
Other than that, he was also a Captain at Sporting. He gets used to setting example as a leader, and be the team talisman.

I'm properly excited with this signing. (Just like I was when we signed Pogba, Mkhi, Kagawa, Mata, AdM, and Schederxxxlin)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Other than that, he was also a Captain at Sporting. He gets used to setting example as a leader, and be the team talisman.

I'm properly excited with this signing. (Just like I was when we signed Pogba, Mkhi, Kagawa, Mata, AdM, and Schederxxxlin)
me too. It’s just I’ve muppeted too hard and broke myself and now I’m always fairly cynical about our signings but I do think our last few players have been better. This is an exciting signing by any measure. I just wish we’d got him last summer but that would hint towards planning and I still don’t think we have one.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought he'd take 18 just because it's kinda iconic here due to Scholesy. I'm glad he did because I had already given him that number on fifa!

I really hope he's better than what I think anyway. We really need him to be as good as the hype he gets suggests.

SAFMUTD

Lingard is terible, but Pereira is also on the same level.
Why has Ole or any of our coaches not picked up on this and stopped using these players in the first team?
They can't all be this incompetent? Can they?
I think we all agree Lingard is shit because he is paid as a class player and he used to be good/average, Pereira is not criticized as much because he is still seen as a youngster eventhough he’s 24, both should hit the door in the summer.

Regarding the incompetence, yeah they can.

Denis79

We need to be patient and give Bruno time, I'm saying this before he's even played because I see people expect a lot.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I've only seen youtube clips but this is my thoughts.

• In deeper positions, he is not seen moving much. His use of long passes to switch play should be useful, or if he can use them to start counter-attacks. It is still questions about his ability to hit those with accuracy at a higher level because he simply wont be awarded the same amount of time on the ball before making the pass from a standstill position.
  • In the hole. Has good technique and first touch that can be used to avoid press. Once again, the press is minimal and the tempo is slower. He might find it hard to use his technical ability to the same level due to the physicality of the PL. If he can adapt and become tidy enough to quickly assess the game around him, his touch should contribute to making him effective in that role. At the beginning, I think he will be caught out and lose the ball a lot from trying to dribble past players, as he isn't quick or strong enough to get away with it. Hopefully that doesn't knock his confidence.
  • Shooting. His shots look great. He should be able to get in shooting positions a lot in our setup so if he can keep his accuracy he'll score a lot.
  • Creativity. He has decent vision, but again he is awarded with a lot of time on the ball with no pressure on him outside the box. It wont be like that in the PL. It's either crowded or you have players touch tight pressing the shit out of you. Despite the lack of pressure, his passes look a bit sloppy. Maybe it's the pitches that makes the ball bounce, but he needs to be very accurate in his passing because there isn't much space to take advantage of. If he really is a creative player like Silva, he can adapt. I do not think he'll offer much in this aspect though as he doesn't quite look like a playmaker to me. In any case he should be an upgrade on Lingard, simply by being able to control the ball for a simple touch and go.

In summary, now that he is here I am exited to see what he can bring. He should be afforded some time to adapt, and getting half a season of experience before next season should be good for him. An untimely injury or something like that and I think this is a player that might struggle. In that case we should sell him quick, if it is clear he wont work out after a year or so. Hopefully he has a perfect adjustment period and brings his a-game to Old Trafford for the foreseeable future.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I've only seen youtube clips but this is my thoughts.

• In deeper positions, he is not seen moving much. His use of long passes to switch play should be useful, or if he can use them to start counter-attacks. It is still questions about his ability to hit those with accuracy at a higher level because he simply wont be awarded the same amount of time on the ball before making the pass from a standstill position.
  • In the hole. Has good technique and first touch that can be used to avoid press. Once again, the press is minimal and the tempo is slower. He might find it hard to use his technical ability to the same level due to the physicality of the PL. If he can adapt and become tidy enough to quickly assess the game around him, his touch should contribute to making him effective in that role. At the beginning, I think he will be caught out and lose the ball a lot from trying to dribble past players, as he isn't quick or strong enough to get away with it. Hopefully that doesn't knock his confidence.
  • Shooting. His shots look great. He should be able to get in shooting positions a lot in our setup so if he can keep his accuracy he'll score a lot.
  • Creativity. He has decent vision, but again he is awarded with a lot of time on the ball with no pressure on him outside the box. It wont be like that in the PL. It's either crowded or you have players touch tight pressing the shit out of you. Despite the lack of pressure, his passes look a bit sloppy. Maybe it's the pitches that makes the ball bounce, but he needs to be very accurate in his passing because there isn't much space to take advantage of. If he really is a creative player like Silva, he can adapt. I do not think he'll offer much in this aspect though as he doesn't quite look like a playmaker to me. In any case he should be an upgrade on Lingard, simply by being able to control the ball for a simple touch and go.

In summary, now that he is here I am exited to see what he can bring. He should be afforded some time to adapt, and getting half a season of experience before next season should be good for him. An untimely injury or something like that and I think this is a player that might struggle. In that case we should sell him quick, if it is clear he wont work out after a year or so. Hopefully he has a perfect adjustment period and brings his a-game to Old Trafford for the foreseeable future.
Overthinking much? Bruno is plenty fast for Bournemouth...