Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

So we knew what they wanted. Why then entertain buying him if not prepare to pay?
Because it is called negotiation and it goes something like this;
We like your player but we have a different valuation on him and this is our offer.
If Sporting were not prepared to lower their fee then it would have gone no further but because it is still happening it is obvious they will take less.
Something like selling a house, you always set the price higher than what you will actually take,

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I'm not gonna read 123 pages of discussion. Can anyone summerize what is the current situation as of now?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well it looked so promising on Sky earlier in the day then Darren Fletcher gets on Radio 5 tonight and has absolutely flattened the good feeling around here about this deal actually happening. Pretty gutted that Simon Stone retweeted that interview as well who is seen as being very reliable when it comes to Utd transfer news.

The post match quotes from the Sporting manager suggest that Bruno has told him that he has made clear a desire to join us but that the ball is firmly in our court to make that actually happen.
The fact that BT are showing our game against Burnley I am sure Fletcher will love to ramp up the toxic atmosphere, especially if he is commentating.

theklr

This signing worries me greatly. Feels like a Juan Mata/Alexis January panic buy, with no guarantees he has the pace and power to cut it in the PL
Juan Mata but 5 years younger would be exactly what this team would need now, and if he were we wouldnt need Bruno.

Alexis was 30 when we bought him, and not a comparable signing regarding position.

I wouldnt call it a panic buy, but ofcourse there is a risk , all signings are.

But if you look at our current options we just need to try. At least we’re trying something.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I'm not gonna read 123 pages of discussion. Can anyone summerize what is the current situation as of now?
The chap plays for Lisbon.
There are rumours from Twitter people that want attention.
There are debates on here about his quality.
He still plays for Lisbon.
Can you keep up from here?

Champagne Football

Juan Mata but 5 years younger would be exactly what this team would need now, and if he were we wouldnt need Bruno.

Alexis was 30 when we bought him, and not a comparable signing regarding position.

But if you look at our current options we just need to try. At least we’re trying something.
We signed Mata 6 years ago and he turned out to be not much more than an expensive squad player, a very useful one but not a first XI starter. Scholes said he was never a Utd player. He's a very handy squad player to have but often you can produce someone from the academy who can make a similar impact for far less spending, when producing squad players.

And Jose is the King of panic buys as he does not respect the long term future of clubs he works at, as he only cares about saving his reputation. Today Bayern announced they've no interest in keeping Perisic beyond his loan. Then Bayern have desperately been trying to offload Jerome Boateng for a couple of seasons now. They would have turned out to be another 100 million down the drain had we let Jose do whatever he wanted, and of course Jose would have found a way to blame the club for those signings, whether it was our fault because our academy was so bad that he had no choice but to sign them, or something along those lines.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Theres a flight due in to Manchester at 10.45 am from Lisbon. He'll be on that. That's all you need to know.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We signed Mata 6 years ago and he turned out to be not much more than an expensive squad player, a very useful one but not a first XI starter. Scholes said he was never a Utd player. He's a very handy squad player to have but often you can produce someone from the academy who can make a similar impact for far less spending, when producing squad players.

And Jose is the King of panic buys as he does not respect the long term future of clubs he works at, as he only cares about saving his reputation. Today Bayern announced they've no interest in keeping Perisic beyond his loan. Then Bayern have desperately been trying to offload Jerome Boateng for a couple of seasons now. They would have turned out to be another 100 million down the drain had we let Jose do whatever he wanted, and of course Jose would have found a way to blame the club for those signings, whether it was our fault because our academy was so bad that he had no choice but to sign them, or something along those lines.
Bruno is the complete opposite to Mata though. The former is a leader and a hardworking player who would kick doors when he loses, the latter is a luxury signing who can't be bothered running too much but is top notch out of the playing field. Also you do notice that we had been scouting Bruno for at least a year?

vanderpants

seeing as we need reinforcements this January, I hope utd have more irons in the fire rather than just this one in case it doesn't happen

SaintMuppet

This wasn’t happening in the summer and it’s not happening in a January! Personally I’m pleased as I’m not sure this guy is all that, most of you are so desperate you’d think Tony Cascarino is R9

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Our big name signings/flops can be grouped in two categories

a- they were already on the wane when they came to United. Bastian, Mata, Valdes, Sanchez, Falcao etc
b- they didn't want to be here in the first place. ADM and Veron for example

Bruno has the right attitude to be with United. At Sampdoria he took Mancini's number despite the enormous responsibility that entailed. He ran like mad and always gave his all despite being played in different roles. At Sporting he became their captain something that many feel he totally deserved. We're talking here of a guy who would always give his best on the pitch and will leave on a foul mood when his team loses. He wants to come to United and he's in his prime.

Judas

Open to offers
It's amazing how much the mood about him has seemingly swung now that I assume people actually watched him for the first time last night :lol:

I still want and think this transfer to happen, but I've always thought that even when/if he's signed, we'll rightfully be looking at Grealish and Maddison in the summer still (I hope).

Giggsyking

I dont give a shit if we pay 50 or 80, we fecking need a midfielder better tan the likes of Lingard and Perriera. If the extra money we pay means we dont get to see Lingard, I will be more than happy to do so. How the feck some people are calm about our midfield situation?

sosolid4u09

I know we shouldn't go off one game but he didnt impress me at all last night. Also given that nobody else is really in for him gives me a bad feeling in my stomach.

I think id now be OK if this transfer falls through

sosolid4u09

True but his real value when we bought him was about £7.5 million and not £40 million. So the worry is that Bruno is a £12 million quid player who we are buying for £ 60 million+
Mata at the time was frigging quality. He was chelseas best player just a year before then

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I know we shouldn't go off one game but he didnt impress me at all last night. Also given that nobody else is really in for him gives me a bad feeling in my stomach.

No offence to you personally but posts like this really make me question why I’m on this forum sometimes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No he hasnt. He watched a match between 2 top sides in Portugal, he could have been scouting anyone
But it was just coincidental he happened to watch a game Bruno played in just a few days before his agent flew into London for negotiations with our club.

Christ.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I dont give a shit if we pay 50 or 80, we fecking need a midfielder better tan the likes of Lingard and Perriera. If the extra money we pay means we dont get to see Lingard, I will be more than happy to do so. How the feck some people are calm about our midfield situation?
80 or close to that would be madness. We also have to stop overpaying for players same as with the wages because every club will go into negotiations with a smile on their face once we're interested. If we are not talking about an absolute world-class player that is, which Bruno doesn't seem to be.

More then happy for club to tell them to do one if they are looking for crazy money.

Rajma

I’ll be consistent in saying that we should only be getting him for 40m max, he’s really not worth more, he might be for Sporting but not necessarily for us. People asking the club to sign him for whatever it takes haven’t seen him play much I can assure you.

Red00012

A lot of people hadn’t even heard of Martial when we signed him? And I don’t think anyone else was interested in him.

sallycinnamin

Well at least Craig David knew exactly what he was doing for those seven days, us on the other hand!

fps

He's so different than our signings in the past 6 years in a way that He's so expressive with his frustrations. That could be a double edged sword at United but We don't need a bunch of nice lads at United. Or those who pretend to be nice but has a fat agent shit talking the club.
That’s nonsense, these United players kick doors and care you just don’t get camera footage of it.

sosolid4u09

A lot of people hadn’t even heard of Martial when we signed him? And I don’t think anyone else was interested in him.
Martial was a highly touted youngster. Thats different to a 25 year old whos been producing great numbers for 18 months, and is clearly available.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He’s signed -he hasn’t - some people want him- some don’t - SP have agreed- SP haven’t agreed-The Lisbon Derby was his last game - no it wasn’t - we’re none the wiser

Classical Mechanic

Bruno is the complete opposite to Mata though. The former is a leader and a hardworking player who would kick doors when he loses, the latter is a luxury signing who can't be bothered running too much but is top notch out of the playing field. Also you do notice that we had been scouting Bruno for at least a year?
Mata runs a lot, these days at least. He’s just slow.

I hope he is very good ball retention. Whoever watched him play, does he dictate the tempo of the game?
He has poor ball retention, low pass completion and highish dispossessions + bad touches. He isn’t technically gifted, he’s an end product player and in the absence of that product you have a low bottom level.

Kostov

I have a feeling that Bruno will turn out similar to Fred. Solid and useful player to have but nowhere near the money we would have to pay or in the case of Fred paid. A player like Eriksen or even a younger player like Olmo would make more sense if we are to go and splash on Maddison or Grealish in the summer.

ArjenIsM3

I have a feeling that Bruno will turn out similar to Fred. Solid and useful player to have but nowhere near the money we would have to pay or in the case of Fred paid. A player like Eriksen or even a younger player like Olmo would make more sense if we are to go and splash on Maddison or Grealish in the summer.
We probably won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.