Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anyone here who watches Sporting regularly? I watched him play Porto and Benfica in the last fortnight but I don't see 'it'. He was poor against Porto and good last night but he has a farmyard's worth of space. Also his goals seem to be from speculative long shots and penalties. So am I missing something or is he just an Iberian Gylfi Sigurdsson?
It’s probably a fair comparison, really. Sigurdsson ran Swansea in a similar manner.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Does it not bother you that nobody else is seemingly in for him?
Who was in for Mane or Salah when they were purchased? “Who’s” in for him is completely irrelevant. All the top clubs have really good midfields. We don’t.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I have a feeling that Bruno will turn out similar to Fred. Solid and useful player to have but nowhere near the money we would have to pay or in the case of Fred paid. A player like Eriksen or even a younger player like Olmo would make more sense if we are to go and splash on Maddison or Grealish in the summer.
I doubt it. He has plenty of quality in his passing which is something I didnt think he would have before watching him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well Spurs were in for Bruno in the summer.
Exactly. He thought he was being transferred to them. Sometimes the players who are 'supposedly' being linked to loads of clubs are a let down for the club who eventually get them. A lot of these so called links are agents trying to drum up business, not genuine links.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I feel like the longer this drags on the better player he becomes in the minds of our fans. He's a good player and better than what we have but we aren't signing a top tier elite midfielder here who the whole of Europe are chasing. I feel some people need to lower their expectations

flappyjay

I have a feeling that Bruno will turn out similar to Fred. Solid and useful player to have but nowhere near the money we would have to pay or in the case of Fred paid. A player like Eriksen or even a younger player like Olmo would make more sense if we are to go and splash on Maddison or Grealish in the summer.
Erickson would be on nothing less than 300k.if he continues his current form which is a strong possibility he would be hard to move. That deal would be worse than getting Bruno for 60m

Judas

Open to offers
I feel like the longer this drags on the better player he becomes in the minds of our fans. He's a good player and better than what we have but we aren't signing a top tier elite midfielder here who the whole of Europe are chasing. I feel some people need to lower their expectations
If you read the thread since last night its literally the opposite of that.

DomesticTadpole

It's what desperation does to you.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I haven't noticed that. Don't take me wrong I like mata as a person but as a player he's the perfect example of a luxury player
Mata has always worked hard, even on the wings he's up and down like a yo-yo chasing the fullback - he just doesn't have any acceleration so can't make" impressive" runs, but he is constantly moving.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Personally think he would be better than Eriksen. Has much more grit and fight and is as good with the ball. Eriksens form is also terrible.
Bruno looks odd maibly due to playing with utter crap at Sporting but if you have watched him enough his quality is obvious.
He isnt elite level but he is certainly a player I think can excel in the PL.

I think someone mentioned him as a BTEC KDB and I think the comparison is fitting. He also has a good turn of pace and bit of a nasty streak something which Eriksen lacks

DomesticTadpole

Erickson would be on nothing less than 300k.if he continues his current form which is a strong possibility he would be hard to move. That deal would be worse than getting Bruno for 60m
Eriksen just wants to go abroad. He wanted Real, but just don't think he is sexy enough for them. So Italy seems to be the next option. Of course Real might just wait until he does not command a transfer fee.

SparkedIntoLife

I think there's a strange notion that, if he's not being chased by top teams (rumour has it, anyway) then he must not be good enough. This is in spite of flops like Alexis Sanchez and others that we beat off high profile competition for.

Let's look at realistic contenders. Madrid have lots of attacking midfielders, including two they'd probably be happy to sell (James and Isco). Barcelona prefer more of a possession midfielder. Atletico have Felix as a second striker and don't play a conventional AM.

Juve are stacked in midfield. Inter probably can't afford him and have decent young Italian midfielders in Sensi and Barella. Milan have Paqueta. Napoli have Fabian Ruiz.

Bayern have Coutinho on loan and he's doing OK. Dortmund have Reus and Brandt. The others can't really afford Bruno (Leipzig probably can but buy cheaper typically).

As for England, City have De Bruyne, the Silvas, Mahrez and Foden who can play AM. Chelsea had a transfer ban in the Summer but now have lots of CMs and Loftus-Cheek to come back. Arsenal are not as wealthy and still need to shift Ozil. Arguably, one could wonder why Liverpool aren't in for him but they're hardly lacking. The only other Prem team that could reasonably attract him are Spurs and they've been heavily linked.

So this notion that us having a relatively clear run at him means he's not good enough is just nonsense.

DomesticTadpole

I think there's a strange notion that, if he's not being chased by top teams (rumour has it, anyway) then he must not be good enough. This is in spite of flops like Alexis Sanchez and others that we beat off high profile competition for.

Let's look at realistic contenders. Madrid have lots of attacking midfielders, including two they'd probably be happy to sell (James and Isco). Barcelona prefer more of a possession midfielder. Atletico have Felix as a second striker and don't play a conventional AM.

Juve are stacked in midfield. Inter probably can't afford him and have decent young Italian midfielders in Sensi and Barella. Milan have Paqueta. Napoli have Fabian Ruiz.

Bayern have Coutinho on loan and he's doing OK. Dortmund have Reus and Brandt. The others can't really afford Bruno (Leipzig probably can but buy cheaper typically).

As for England, City have De Bruyne, the Silvas, Mahrez and Foden who can play AM. Chelsea had a transfer ban in the Summer but now have lots of CMs and Loftus-Cheek to come back. Arsenal are not as wealthy and still need to shift Ozil. Arguably, one could wonder why Liverpool aren't in for him but they're hardly lacking. The only other Prem team that could reasonably attract him are Spurs and they've been heavily linked.

So this notion that us having a relatively clear run at him means he's not good enough is just nonsense.
Spurs who bought Ndombele that everyone was going nuts over, who was linked to other clubs, who have now also got Gedson Fernandes as another option.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
That’s nonsense, these United players kick doors and care you just don’t get camera footage of it.
Really? The most unsatisfied player in Paul Pogba has Raiola to kick the doors for him, Ashley Young the ex-club captain was a nice bloke that used to regularly visit bird museums, Jones, Smalling and our forwards didn't want to kick doors to avoid injuring themselves and our midfielders couldn't find the doors.

croadyman

Worrying sign that all the reliable journos are saying Utd have baulked at the asking price. Would be very surprised if this actually happens now. Yes I know he struggled last night but still see think he can flourish with better players around him.

Looking very much like Sky have jumped the gun and could be left looking very silly. Fair play to Darren Fletcher on 5 live for being right about being miles apart in valuation but just wish he wasn't.

Think the only way this deal happens now is if he kicks up a fuss and really pushes for the move,however I am not convinced he is willing to do that.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Juan Mata but 5 years younger would be exactly what this team would need now, and if he were we wouldnt need Bruno.

Alexis was 30 when we bought him, and not a comparable signing regarding position.

I wouldnt call it a panic buy, but ofcourse there is a risk , all signings are.

But if you look at our current options we just need to try. At least we’re trying something.
We had Mata since 6 years ago, he wasnt what we needed then and he isnt what we need now.

Kostov

Eriksen as far as I know is bellow 100k at the moment at Spurs, I doubt that 300k is what he will get anywhere. If it turns out to be the case and you are right, than yeah 300k is something we should not offer to him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Really? The most unsatisfied player in Paul Pogba has Raiola to kick the doors for him, Ashley Young the ex-club captain was a nice bloke that used to regularly visit bird museums, Jones, Smalling and our forwards didn't want to kick doors to avoid injuring themselves and our midfielders couldn't find the doors.
Weird post tbh.

fps

I don’t think Pogba kicks doors but I think Young is a door kicker. It’s important I think that a lot of the players in the past few years cared deeply but weren’t good enough. Additionally Giggs clearly cared deeply and is an all-time great but I can’t imagine him kicking a door. Not all players need such basic displays of emotion; passion and self control aren’t mutually exclusive.

Litch

Who knows but none of those players you mention are guarantees either to succeed as it's the nature of transfers. Also not sure why people still equate the fee for a player to their value when we all know there are many other mitigating factors e.g we know Maddison and Grealish will more expensive cause they are English.

Litch

Eriksen as far as I know is bellow 100k at the moment at Spurs, I doubt that 300k is what he will get anywhere. If it turns out to be the case and you are right, than yeah 300k is something we should not offer to him.
I think the player wanting to be here is the most important thing for me as opposed to how much we are willing to pay them. If the reports are to believed, Eriksen has already turned us down and I equally don't want another Sanchez type of signing cause we offered him a ridiculous package.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Even Ashley Young refused to play when his negotiations with Inter was close to avoid any injuries that may jeopardise the move.

And here we are talking about 60mil worth player just played a game vs their fierce rival with high risk of injury.

This simply means we are not even close to the signing.
Or you know Ole went with the better option in Williams.
I swear you all believe every negative gossip about our players and use that to slag them off.

Litch

One thing I have noticed is he's a bit of a moaner and likes to point a lot and appears to want to blame others when he clearly made the mistake.....

DomesticTadpole

I think the player wanting to be here is the most important thing for me as opposed to how much we are willing to pay them. If the reports are to believed, Eriksen has already turned us down and I equally don't want another Sanchez type of signing cause we offered him a ridiculous package.
Eriksen wants a nice payday, that is why he is leaving, also wants trophies. Spurs pay structure led to this. He can be very good, but at times can also appear completely disinterested. Like a lot of players they want to try different countries.

flappyjay

As a free agent it's probably what he will get. It will be the signing bonus plus salary combined to get around 300k or more. As crap as he has been Erickson with a full contract would attract a fee of around 40m+ easily and his deal will be worked with that in mind

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I can't believe the negativity around him to be honest. Look at the absoute shit we are in right now.

We have a potentially very exciting signing on the cards and people are concerned he might not be all that.

How about we sign him and see? If he adapts then we've got something we are desperate for in the team.

Would you really prefer to see Jesse or Juan or Andreas play there instead of this guy having a chance this season?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
OFFFICIAL: Bruno Fernandes sings!

Oh my Christ. I can see it now. 'If Bruno spent as much time on his game as he did singing, he might actually justify his £400k a week salary. Embarrassing.'

theklr

We are still haggling over price it seems, but with the post games comments from the coach and nothing else, it is still more likely to happen then not in my opinion.

I don’t know if the Bruno’s «cut legs» comment were true or not, but he must be tired of Sporting’s stubbordness now. It really looks like the Maguire saga now, hope he does something similar. He really wants to move now. Even more than before the game I guess.

Will be an exciting couple of days more it seems unforunately. And Sky has to get a grip.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Hacking opposition players,kicking doors,eats children,pointing at team-mates, what kind of lunatic are we potentially signing here ?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
One thing I have noticed is he's a bit of a moaner and likes to point a lot and appears to want to blame others when he clearly made the mistake.....
That's what happens when you're frustrated. He clearly feels/knows he's a better level than his team mates. If you give them a pass and they run off in the wrong direction or miscontrol it, no wonder you end up sulking or getting fed up.

Plenty of other good players are sulkers too but they usually get even more determined, Fernandes seems this type. I like he's got that in him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I reckon we'll plan to announce this after the liverpool game tbh (Monday latest) to shift negativaty to a more positive vibe following a likely whooping on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.