Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Again, no other major club seems desperate for Bruno. Spurs seemed to walk way fairly sharply after their interest in the summer.
So,I cant imagine Sporting getting a better deal than the one United have reportedly offered.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Sporting are cnuts. Offer Bruno to us at a cut price, then as soon as we agree personal terms, they raise the asking price. Utd are right to stand their ground on this one. They'll lose out on a deal and have a pissed off player too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really? The most unsatisfied player in Paul Pogba has Raiola to kick the doors for him, Ashley Young the ex-club captain was a nice bloke that used to regularly visit bird museums, Jones, Smalling and our forwards didn't want to kick doors to avoid injuring themselves and our midfielders couldn't find the doors.
Good post, mate.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Journalists are all over the place on this one. Seems the reports of the deal being all but done, an emotional goodbye after yesterday’s game were all premature.

unlike the summer though, I do expect this to eventually go through

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Go around boasting how we can do things in the market no other club can do and then we wonder why we get taken to the cleaners on every single deal.

City's owners have.much deeper pockets but they get good value most of the time. Why? Because they are well ran.

Still rather see Glazers n Woodward go than us sign Bruno Fernandes. It's just a plaster on a shark bite let's be honest. We aren't going to solve our issues with this one signing.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@Sultan, agree with what you say. Much rather spend that kind of money in the summer on Maddison/Grealish.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It’ll get done. Us briefing that we’re not matching their price after him saying he wants to come is pretty standard negotiating and clever business

Jezpeza

I think we will sign him, i just think Sporting probably want a bit more guaranteed cash up front rather than in add ons. That said, how much for Havertz? Would rather we bid for him

theklr

It’ll get done. Us briefing that we’re not matching their price after him saying he wants to come is pretty standard negotiating and clever business
Or it’s just easing up the breakdown to stop 1 million fans collectivly passing out. Could go either way this. But it looks very similar to Maguire now. I’m betting Bruno is going to skip a training soon.

Bogga

Of course we wont pay 80 mil for him, but if reports are true and we're offering 35 up front and loads of money if we win CL and he wins the balloon... then I understand Sporting. We were calling Inter cheap asses for not paying what we wanted for Pookaku, look at us now...

Godfather

Pay 150 Million for Grealish and Maddison in the summer and the team will be transformed massively. That's Pogba money if as expected he moves in the summer. No need to take risks if there are doubts about the player for what remains of the season. That still gives the club money to sort out other positions. The club needs to focus on purchasing the best in the market for each position and then look at the academy and potential purchases for the squad.
I have much more doubts about Grealish and especially Maddison than I have about Bruno to be honest. But I'll take any of those. Better even 2.

Doesn't change the fact that Woody again seems completely incapable. We need to strengthen asap. In January already. He doesn't provide. Again

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Are these all fresh reports or are they based of the TVI24 Portugal news that is about 2 days old now?

Funny how theres been nothing new since then and now all these figures of 80M Euro's are popping up here there and everywhere. Media trying to keep the hype up on this story maybe as it's the only decent rumour going round at the moment?

peridigm

Sporting need money right? They want to sell the player right? No other clubs are being linked right? They will eventually accept our offer near the end of the window as no other club is going to pay what they’re asking. Otherwise the player stays.

Judas

Open to offers
Sporting need money right? They want to sell the player right? No other clubs are being linked right? They will eventually accept our offer near the end of the window as no other club is going to pay what they’re asking. Otherwise the player stays.
Well they didn't budge in the summer, it might take Bruno taking matters into his own hands potentially. Strike strike strike strike!

Kostur

海尔的老板
Watch us step away due to high price now so that we can pay about 20 mil more in the summer (fingers crossed he doesn't have a decent Euro 2020 tourno) just like we did with Maguire.

gica_7

I don't think they are requesting 80 million euros at all. We have never read any figure close to 80 million before today. I think this figure is leaked from the club to tame fan reaction and save their faces.

Look, of course United has to negotiate and of course United wants to pay as minimum as possible but for a club that is as wealthy as ours, making transfers should not be this difficult. Something feels extra ordinarily wrong. Ever since that 2018 summer window everytime we linked to a player it is like running a triathlon. Every transfer we made takes way too much time. Something is fundamentally broken here. With other clubs, no transfer drags on as long as ours.

I don't think we will sign Bruno. I doubt we ever seriously intended to do. And Ole can shut up about having a plan going forward. We have a long way to catch our competitors. Without signing anyone or signing as little as we do, we will be lucky to keep our most valuable assets.

LonelyFire

Classic Woodward - leak it in British press that Utd have no intention of paying 80m for player when literally not one single source in Portugal has stated an amount that high is being sought. It’s more fecking nonsense from a complete amateur in the transfer market. He’s more concerned with optics of himself than anything else.

izec

We need to structure the payment differently, either bump up the fix price or make more realistic bonuses. As it stands now, our offer is not good enough.

The Boogeyman

Supports
Liverpool
Who was in for Mane or Salah when they were purchased? “Who’s” in for him is completely irrelevant. All the top clubs have really good midfields. We don’t.
Mane and Salah were signed for significantly less than the fees being mentioned for Fernandes, and with much less fanfare.

I don't think the lack of suitors is always a key measure of talent, but it should lower fees and negotiating time, which both seem to be an issue here.

LonelyFire

Mane and Salah were signed for significantly less than the fees being mentioned for Fernandes, and with much less fanfare.

I don't think the lack of suitors is always a key measure of talent, but it should lower fees and negotiating time, which both seem to be an issue here.
I get the point your making and agree to an extent but you signed both those players pre Neymar which was the catalyst for the whole market going to shit. You cant compare prices now to that point because it’s in a completely destabilised position now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm still confident we will find middle ground.

Fernandes wants to move, the club need the money - we hold all the bargaining power here. We're just calling their bluff.

Obviously as fans it's frustarting to see it being played out, but we're talking millions of pounds here. If it doesn't get done you have to question why the club are being so tight.

Nick7

Again, no other major club seems desperate for Bruno. Spurs seemed to walk way fairly sharply after their interest in the summer.
So,I cant imagine Sporting getting a better deal than the one United have reportedly offered.
Spurs bid was rejected because they lowballed Sporting.

LonelyFire

Right. I'm sure the clubs goal is to not buy players and improve.
The goal of the owners is to make money. If signing players happens to coincide with that then happy coincidence. If not, they’ll do what they want.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Never said it wasnt?
If we go over 50m here then we are being robbed. Not our fault Sampdoria have a clause
So we keep the money in the bank as we slowly drift to a mid table club. If maguire is worth 80m then Bruno is worth at least 60m

The Boogeyman

Supports
Liverpool
I get the point your making and agree to an extent but you signed both those players pre Neymar which was the catalyst for the whole market going to shit. You cant compare prices now to that point because it’s in a completely destabilised position now.
And I agree with you to an extent, but I guess my opinion is this: if United think he is a star in the making, then they should stop fecking around, pay the extra 5-10m, and make sure he doesn't get away. Conversely, if they think he is going to be a decent starter but nothing more, they need to walk away.

Nobody cares about huge fees when the transfers are a success, but United have overpaid for so many average players, it's made other clubs confident that they can squeeze 10-20% more from them than they would otherwise expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.