Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Going strongly for a player we reportedly dissed (poor pass completion rate) in the summer is quite funny though and is quite typical of the running of the club. :lol:

dove

The situation is getting criticized because that what happened in Maguire deal last summer so the problem hasn't actually been solved. We'll end up overpaying for him anyway when we realize they won't accept anything less.
It won't get solved over night as we have the reputation of being idiots who can be easily scammed paying well over the player's value. Nevertheless we should take a harder stance on transfers and try not to get fleeced every single time. I am not saying not to sign Bruno but comments like "just give them what they ask for, £10m or so is peanuts for us" are ridiculous. Anyway, we know nothing what happens behind the scenes and we only read the crap that certain parties feed the journos.

United Pro

Simple truth is Maddison is never a £100m player. He hasn’t even played for England yet. I wouldn’t even bother trying to sign him with that asking price.
Arguably Maddison is the best fit for our team compared to the other names linked, but if buying him for the price it'll take to get him will mean sacrificing signing in other positions, I'd rather go for other players.

gr3yham3

Sky now backtracking on their "deal is close" updates by saying Sporting have upped their asking price by a ton. The president of Sporting really is a dick, as the Sporting fans here have said many times. If I were Bruno, I would tell him enough is enough given that they already denied him a transfer in the summer.

el3mel

It won't get solved over night as we have the reputation of being idiots who can be easily scammed paying well over the player's value. Nevertheless we should take a harder stance on transfers and try not to get fleeced every single time. I am not saying not to sign Bruno but comments like "just give them what they ask for, £10m or so is peanuts for us" are ridiculous. Anyway, we know nothing what happens behind the scenes and we only read the crap that certain parties feed the journos.
I'm not saying we should sign him either. I'm saying if we think he's overpriced simply back off from the deal from completely and move on to other targets. As I said several times our main problem is we refuse to pay the money then hang on the deal for so long trying to get at lower price, fail then overpay massively anyway, just like what happened with Maguire. If you think he's not worth it and there's a big gap of valuation of the player between you and the seller, why don't we check other targets ? He's not the only player around.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We do overpay, but after wasting time trying to get the price at lower wages, so what's the point ? I don't get the point of this strategy if the result is always the same in one of our transfers under Woodward. Either pay what they want or if you think it's too much, simply walk away and check other targets. Wasting time trying to lower the prices and ending up paying what they want is a weird strategy.
Ohh I see. So we shouldn't be trying to negotiate lower prices because that's just bad business. Always pay the asking price.

Seems like a good strategy, I definitely could not imagine any criticism for Woodward and Judge if we had paid the £120m Juve demanded for Pogba, £100m Leicester put on Maguire's head, £55m Palace wanted for Wan Bissaka and £90m up front for Lukaku.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If they’ve suddenly changed their price, which is what we’re briefing, then we’re well within our rights to tell them to feck off

Red00012

This story feels like every player above 40 mill with us. Every single time, were stalling because of supposed counterprice. Did Woodward expect he was gonna get it at first bid, no negotiating at all? Rinse and repeat.
He’s not worth 65 mill with 15 mill add ons , they can keep him for that price.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We get such a shit time of it compared to other clubs just because of our name. Really frustrating. This is all just posturing though.

dove

I'm not saying we should sign him either. I'm saying if we think he's overpriced simply back off from the deal from completely and move on to other targets. As I said several times our main problem is we refuse to pay the money then hang on the deal for so long trying to get at lower price, fail then overpay massively anyway, just like what happened with Maguire. If you think he's not worth it and there's a big gap of valuation of the player between you and the seller, why don't we check other targets ? He's not the only player around.
I know and maybe we do look at other targets. Before signing Maguire we were very heavily linked with Aldeweireld, Koulabaly, Boateng and these were maybe the alternatives to Maguire, or maybe Maguire was alternative to one of those, who knows?. Also I am sure we have alternatives to Bruno. If nobody is reporting doesn't mean we don't.

AshRK

I generally don't support ed and his stupid tactics but I don't think Fernandes is worth 80m or even 70m. 50 odd would be fair price. I bet if it was juve instead of us sporting would have accepted. Feck them I say.

izec

I expected us to get closer after yesterday's game, seems if we dont get closer soon, this might fail again.

Meet them in the middle, if they dont agree, walk away. They may come back in a few days.

They want 80m Euros, we offer them 60. 70m is a good price i would say. We have to overpay a bit, but it is worth it if we want to add quality.

el3mel

Ohh I see. So we shouldn't be trying to negotiate lower prices because that's just bad business. Always pay the asking price.

Seems like a good strategy, I definitely could not imagine any criticism for Woodward and Judge if we had paid the £120m Juve demanded for Pogba, £100m Leicester put on Maguire's head, £55m Palace wanted for Wan Bissaka and £90m up front for Lukaku.
Woodward has proven multiple times he's a crap negotiator. It's weird to mention Maguire when we refused to pay 60m for him the previous summer then splashed 80m on him exactly the next summer.

Anyway will be fun watching your opinion when we end up paying 70-80m for him after wasting 2 more weeks of this.

AshRK

Why do I feel Mendes involvement (if he was) complicated the deal. Feck these Mendes and Raiola's I say.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Woodward has proven multiple times he's a crap negotiator. It's weird to mention Maguire when we refused to pay 60m for him the previous summer then splashed 80m on him exactly the next summer.

Anyway will be fun watching your opinion when we end up paying 70-80m for him after wasting 2 more weeks of this.
Woodward isn't the negotiator.

dove

£80m now, so €93.88m?? :lol: Jackson is full of shite
English journos just can't get currency conversion right, they don't understand how it works. Luckhurst saying £68.24m which is exactly €80m, while Jackson says £80m. Some of these journos are seriously thick.

G_and_T

Really hope MU have another couple midfielders lined up and are using this Bruno saga as a smoke screen. The past week has been ridiculous and if the news about Sporting upping the price is correct then we should walk away. But none of us really know what's going on do we...

gr3yham3

English journos just can't get currency conversion right, they don't understand how it works. Luckhurst saying £68.24m which is exactly €80m, while Jackson says £80m. Some of these journos are seriously thick.
What's new? Happened many times before over the years...

Shimo

My take is in the summer, we considered him but, not for the price. Ole wanted to go with Lingard/Perreira in that 10 role and had Pogba/Mata as backups. Then look at the other up and coming targets like Maddison/Grealish

As the season has progressed, Lingard seems completely done, Perreira does adequate but, doesn't have the real quality to create and Mata while technically great, doesn't have the pace and engine to press from the front that the role required.

Now with the window open, with Pogba outwho might have slot in that role till maybe come summer not to mention even if he is back he might slide next to Fred due to McTominay injury, he's given the green light to Bruno with the assumption that the price they thought while expensive, seeing our current situation may be worth it. Players like Maddison and Grealish in January would take an even more obscene amount of money.

With Sporting now jacking up the price, the club are not that desperate, not to overpay even beyond what they probably think is overpaying. We are I think in a stronger position in then negotation, player has strong desire to come, probably things were agreed with him and Sporting and if they make the move prohibitive, then going to have a real angry player on their hands, not to mention no one else is going to come for him for the price they want and come summer, we will move on to other options. Only thing right now for us is we do want a quality player in January, we are willing to pay a premium but, not stupid stupid premium. Ball is in Sporting's court.

Bratt

VG, the norwegian paper who got it all wrong with Haaland, now say that it’s not only the transfer fee we can’t agree on, they ”understand” that contrary to other reports we haven’t agreed on personal terms with Fernandes either.

fergosaurus

They are indeed. Sometimes they do it on purpose when it's United to sensationalize things.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why do I feel Mendes involvement (if he was) complicated the deal. Feck these Mendes and Raiola's I say.
Duncan Castles saying that SCP have removed Gestifute from the deal and are now themselves taking a hands on approach.

It seems like SCP have put the price up.

JoaquinJoaquin

Looking like this one is going to be a usual Woodward / Judge balls up. This club is so depressing.

Smores

No one in their right mind thinks our fee for Maguire was a good negotiation ffs. It takes some monumental bias to think we actually negotiated off 20million.

alexthelion

All I would say if Spur had a bid accepted for £45m plus add ons on the summer if we were interested why didn’t we match the offer?

We needed him in the summer, we had the money yet decided to wait 4 months to negotiate. It’s poor planning which ever way you look at it.
Spurs made the bid but Sporting didn't accept it, hence the merry go round now in January.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
None of these feckers know anything. They're just a bunch of sad bastards with no friends so they post bullshit hoping people will 'like' them.

Status
Not open for further replies.