Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Says who? With our current set-up I'd imagine only known bullshitters are going with this nonsense.
Like I said before. Tabloid news is 99% BS but the timing of it could be seen as a little suspicious. It doesn't mean it's going to happen but just by putting it out there once again deflects away from the current Bruno saga.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I wouldn't put it past the club to use the press for it's own benefit because I'm sure it wouldn't be for the first time. Our club are becoming experts in covering their own back.

spiriticon

But there were news a couple of days ago saying “the price of the transfer is agreed”. What (and why) happened since?
Sporting keep shifting the goalposts. If we agree to 80 million euros, they'll come back for 100 million.

Tarrou

But there were news a couple of days ago saying “the price of the transfer is agreed”. What (and why) happened since?
there have been countless conflicting reports since this started, I think it's safe to say a lot of it is bollocks

Ban

If we believe the reports then these "addons" are a joke as well and pretty much non achievable. 60 - 70 mill euros up front for him would be a fair price in my opinion. Would make it 50 - 60 million pounds.

I mean what do people expect? And what do people believe would cost us a Maddison? He could cost us 20 million more than that.
So in your opinion 60 million pounds plus add ons is a fair price?

Godfather

So in your opinion 60 million pounds plus add ons is a fair price?
Don't think any addons should be included and I also don't think that's what Sporting want. They want money up front and I do understand that they want more than 50 million euros. I'd say 50-60 million pounds and no addons would be acceptable. It's crazy though that we are still only at this stage of negotiations considering we have been after him since the summer. We really should get our act together and either get this concluded asap or move on to alternatives.

crossy1686

career ending
Confident this will get done but Sporting will probably hold out until the end of the window before agreeing a reasonable fee.

Probably around the fee of £45m + £15m in add ons

Ban

Don't think any addons should be included and I also don't think that's what Sporting want. They want money up front and I do understand that they want more than 50 million euros. I'd say 50-60 million pounds and no addons would be acceptable. It's crazy though that we are still only at this stage of negotiations considering we have been after him since the summer. We really should get our act together and either get this concluded asap or move on to alternatives.
How exactly do you know what Sporting want and if they want add ons or not?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sky are probably trying to fill the weekend with some drama is all.

Either that or they have a source and it's the Portuguese side which would only be leaked to make it appear like Sporting are maximising what they can from the deal when really, its all agreed.

It reminds me of that South Park episode where Canada goes on strike, and they pretend vouchers was a great price :lol:

In fact this video sums up Sporting. Just substitude "Canada" for Sporting, "Clubs" for countries and "Internet" for Man Utd

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ole's obituary is being written. If we dont sign anyone this window, he's going into war with a threadbare and poor squad, and we'll finish around 8th - and he'll be sacked. We cannot concentrate on more than one player, so if this deal dies, we're done for the transfer window. Shambolic, pathetic planning yet again.
I actually feel sorry for him. Whatever his shortcomings are, he doesn't deserve to be shithoused by those cretins then hung out to dry. But then again, maybe if he stopped towing the party line, maybe Glazers would be forced to act. In fact, his resignation (I know it won't happen) if we don't sign anyone, would light a massive fire under Glazers' asses. It would be the best thing he would do for United, apart from scoring in 99.

Ban

I actually feel sorry for him. Whatever his shortcomings are, he doesn't deserve to be shithoused by those cretins then hung out to dry. But then again, maybe if he stopped towing the party line, maybe Glazers would be forced to act. In fact, his resignation (I know it won't happen) if we don't sign anyone, would light a massive fire under Glazers' asses. It would be the best thing he would do for United, apart from scoring in 99.
He did some other things other than scoring in 99.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Please can we understand the concept that the Euro is not the same as the pound. If it is €80m, that is £68m.
No, no, you don't understand.

€80M is indeed £68M. However, once the tabloids get hold of it, €80M becomes £80M, which is €98M. Which then becomes £98M.

Before you know it, he's knocking on the price of Mbappe.

This is most likely what has happened with the current apparent price inflation.

£43M = €50M
£50M = €60M
£60M = €68M
£68M = €80M

Which is where we are now.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We'd be bankrupt in no time with some of you lot making the decisions. I expect the same people that think we should give them £70m are the same ones that thought we should sell Lukaku for £45m in the summer and pay £90m for Maguire.

Godfather

How exactly do you know what Sporting want and if they want add ons or not?
Well I don't obviously but if you believe Castle they want money up front and IF bonuses then achievable ones. They seem to need money which leads to the assumption that the more they get up front the more likely it is they will accept the offer. And 50 million Euros up front with some unreachable addons just is ridiculous in my opinion.

croadyman

I take some heart from the fact that Simon Stone who is a tier 1 transfer source said he would be surprised if it didn't happen. This stance was also backed up by Jamie Jackson who is somewhat reliable.

Personally I still think there is a chance that Bruno is willing to push for the move too. Would be a big statement if he pulled out of the squad against Braga on Weds.

Could you see him doing that on Weds @SportingCP96

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He usually tracks back a lot but in Sporting he has a “free role” because everything runs through him. If you Saw the game you saw how absolute shit we are and he has to do literally everything. Generally though, he plays at the 10 position but always tracks back hence the impression of 8. His high high work rates are a standout in him as a player.
Thanks for your input, buddy.

zenith

43 million pounds i. E. 50 million euros is actually a poor final offer from us (if true). We've heard all this time that bruno will cost around 65-70 million euros and now we are acting like stuck ups again.

Now I don't want us to overpay but such obvious low balling is doing us no favors.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
It'll be big news... for about a week and a half then everything will revert back to normal and United would be out there searching for a new manager again and the United fanbase will keep buying the tickets and merchandise purely down to their love of the club and,fundamentally, that's where the owners Will.Always.Win.

Ole leaving on certain principles would be a small footnote in Uniteds history for the majority of its fanbase.
Nothing would happen after that. Nothing.
Again,back to the norm under the Glazers. Back to searching for a new manager and coaching set-up.

Its fecking depressing but nothing sticks anymore. Heck,slightly out of context here, but look at politics right now. We have a prime minister who's been on record of doing and saying some awful things and US President who I'm ,frankly, surprised is still breathing and then you have the shitfest going on in Brazil and Australia.
Again, nothing sticks.
And if things do stick its only through the little guy.

The world is an absolute fecking mess. :lol:

Godfather

That would be quite something. Ole wouldn't do that though.

thepolice123

43 million pounds i. E. 50 million euros is actually a poor final offer from us (if true). We've heard all this time that bruno will cost around 65-70 million euros and now we are acting like stuck ups again.

Now I don't want us to overpay but such obvious low balling is doing us no favors.
Renato Sanches cost Bayern around 60m euros and that was 4 years ago. Joao Felix went for 125m euros.

People are need to wake up and look at the market these days.

Crashoutcassius

nobody had any clue

they still dont

cant believe people just believe at face value what journalists who lie over and over for years and years believe

if something is in the media it means it has been leaked, and 90% of the time it has been leaked for a reason by one party or another

Irrational.

The trouble is that Sporting know how desperate we are, and the lack of decent midfielders at a reasonable price means they can extort the shit out of us.

This is all the result of poor summer planning and Ole has no one to blame but himself.

theklr

A little more persuasion or maybe a proper DOF and we could have had him.
No. It was pretty clear playing time (and a release clause) was his main objective. All the Norwegians close to him and his father said the same time. Remember he could have been at Juventus but chose RB Salzburg.

The trouble is that Sporting know how desperate we are, and the lack of decent midfielders at a reasonable price means they can extort the shit out of us.

This is all the result of poor summer planning and Ole has no one to blame but himself.
Think Ole wanted more players in the summer. He even went so far that to say that Lukaku would be replaced and that Maguire took too long.

I dont see how you can blaim Ole for this. Well, maybe if he rejected the Bruno deal and it was purely up to him.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
This winds me up with selling clubs, why are we the only club to get shafted every time? They don’t do this to the likes of City who have more money than us.
Because Woodward have shown that he's willing to get shafted. Other teams move on to other targets, whereas we seem to only have one Target and it's all in or nothing.

R'hllor

Imagine still hanging around in here after years of post SAF clown fiesta, losing your shit and nerves each game and then some muppets pop out in desperation throwing glory hunter badges around.

Bestietom

Bruno Fernandes: Sunday morning latest from Portugal on Manchester United move
By Sport Witness Team -

19th January 2020

Rarely does a transfer saga which has lasted just over a week, in its latest incarnation anyway, become as messy as Bruno Fernandes to Manchester United currently is.

As the Premier League club’s PR push got into full swing over the past couple of days, there were also reports from Portugal, although it’s fair to say the media there are becoming a little bored of it all. Relatively, anyway.
For example. Saturday’s edition of A Bola barely covered it. Record and O Jogo did, with the latter producing a report which was more like a narrative, flip-flopping from one position to another.
Record said, according to their own information, that United were ‘willing’ to raise their offer to €60m (presumably fixed) plus €5m (presumably bonuses).
Sporting wanted €70m as a headline figure.
Today’s edition of Record has a relatively small piece on the situation. They report agreement hasn’t been reached, but it’s ‘not so far away’. A first offer of €50m plus €10m in bonuses is said to have been rejected, however, United gave the sign they could then raise that to €60m plus €5m in bonuses just before the match against Benfica.

It’s not made explicit, but it doesn’t seem like that has been turned into a real offer yet, just talk, although it’s expected. Once again it’s worth noting that there seems a hang-up in Portugal on the description of official offers, with a big difference given to verbal and written.
O Jogo, just like Record, report both sides are being stubborn. They say there’s a €10m difference between he clubs.
Sporting president Fredercio Varandas ‘remains firm’ in wanting €60m guaranteed, which can ‘naturally’ be paid in stages, and a further €10m achievable bonus.
Manchester United are presented as wanting to pay €50m plus a further €10m in bonuses, a claim with matches with what Record say about the first offer.
Miguel Pinho, Bruno’s direct agent, is said to be working to pressure Varandas, using the player’s service to the club as a reason not to stop his dream move to the Premier League.
A Bola have a different slant, but agree there’s problems, showing a frustrated Bruno holding his face.
There’s no understanding between the clubs when it comes to details.
It’s claimed that in the first phase of talks, the €70m headline figure was agreed, with the loan of a player. The loan idea was shelved because the players who Sporting fancied weren’t keen on the move, and the ones who were keen weren’t fancied.
The second idea from Manchester United, according to A Bola, was a €60m fee plus €10m in bonuses, but it’s thought those bonuses weren’t realistically achievable.
It’s not stated today, but it has been suggested previously in Portugal that the bonuses related to United winning the Premier League, Champions League, and Bruno picking up the Ballon d’Or.
A Bola state Sporting want as much money as possible at the outset, with €65m plus €5m presented as a solution. They then report the following: ‘Also under discussion was the English idea of paying €50m already and the remaining €20m later, or even €50m, plus €10m, plus €10m, but here, with easily attainable objectives.’
Confused? Us too.
But, to be clear, the suggestions of Sporting asking for €80m and more seem wide of the mark.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The agreement on both sides was that it will be for sure to be under 100 million quid. The exact amount for up for further discussions.

Utdstar01

By Sport Witness Team -

19th January 2020

Rarely does a transfer saga which has lasted just over a week, in its latest incarnation anyway, become as messy as Bruno Fernandes to Manchester United currently is.

As the Premier League club’s PR push got into full swing over the past couple of days, there were also reports from Portugal, although it’s fair to say the media there are becoming a little bored of it all. Relatively, anyway.
For example. Saturday’s edition of A Bola barely covered it. Record and O Jogo did, with the latter producing a report which was more like a narrative, flip-flopping from one position to another.
Record said, according to their own information, that United were ‘willing’ to raise their offer to €60m (presumably fixed) plus €5m (presumably bonuses).
Today’s edition of Record has a relatively small piece on the situation. They report agreement hasn’t been reached, but it’s ‘not so far away’. A first offer of €50m plus €10m in bonuses is said to have been rejected, however, United gave the sign they could then raise that to €60m plus €5m in bonuses just before the match against Benfica.

It’s not made explicit, but it doesn’t seem like that has been turned into a real offer yet, just talk, although it’s expected. Once again it’s worth noting that there seems a hang-up in Portugal on the description of official offers, with a big difference given to verbal and written.
O Jogo, just like Record, report both sides are being stubborn. They say there’s a €10m difference between he clubs.
Sporting president Fredercio Varandas ‘remains firm’ in wanting €60m guaranteed, which can ‘naturally’ be paid in stages, and a further €10m achievable bonus.
Manchester United are presented as wanting to pay €50m plus a further €10m in bonuses, a claim with matches with what Record say about the first offer.
Miguel Pinho, Bruno’s direct agent, is said to be working to pressure Varandas, using the player’s service to the club as a reason not to stop his dream move to the Premier League.
A Bola have a different slant, but agree there’s problems, showing a frustrated Bruno holding his face.
It’s claimed that in the first phase of talks, the €70m headline figure was agreed, with the loan of a player. The loan idea was shelved because the players who Sporting fancied weren’t keen on the move, and the ones who were keen weren’t fancied.
The second idea from Manchester United, according to A Bola, was a €60m fee plus €10m in bonuses, but it’s thought those bonuses weren’t realistically achievable.
It’s not stated today, but it has been suggested previously in Portugal that the bonuses related to United winning the Premier League, Champions League, and Bruno picking up the Ballon d’Or.
A Bola state Sporting want as much money as possible at the outset, with €65m plus €5m presented as a solution. They then report the following: ‘Also under discussion was the English idea of paying €50m already and the remaining €20m later, or even €50m, plus €10m, plus €10m, but here, with easily attainable objectives.’
Confused? Us too.
But, to be clear, the suggestions of Sporting asking for €80m and more seem wide of the mark.
Cheers. From that it seems that eventually there will be an agreement.

croadyman

By Sport Witness Team -

19th January 2020

Confused? Us too.
Well reading between the lines that information does sound positive and the €80m has obviously been blown out of proportion by some of our journos.

Suggests that they could well reach an agreement in the end but will rumble on until Jan 31.

Looking at the tier listing it seems that O Jogo has proven sources,therefore would take anything that they are saying as being closeish to the truth.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Did anyone watch Sunday supplement? I had it on in the background and there was a section where they asked the reporters how they feel during this time. Neil Custis went on to give an interesting take on sources.

Says he was told Bruno was seen in a hotel room in Manchester, but if he prints that there is every chance he’ll be pictured in a shopping market tomorrow in Portugal.

I’m pretty sure there was a point where he said something like not convinced we are even in for him. It’s just Sporting trying desperately to sell a player as they need cash and they are trying to put pressure on United by making our fans turn on us. Making it seem like we are to blame for a deal falling through that was maybe not even underway.

Josep Dowling

Is €70m that bad these days? I know he’s in the Portuguese league but his stats for goals and assists is very high and he’s prime age which all comes at a premium.

The euro exchange rate is favourable as well. It’s about £60m. I don’t think thats over the top. I mean Pepe cost £70m, Sigurdsson was £50m, we just paid £46m for a full back with no international caps.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Did anyone watch Sunday supplement? I had it on in the background and there was a section where they asked the reporters how they feel during this time. Neil Custis went on to give an interesting take on sources.

Says he was told Bruno was seen in a hotel room in Manchester, but if he prints that there is every chance he’ll be pictured in a shopping market tomorrow in Portugal.

I’m pretty sure there was a point where he said something like not convinced we are even in for him. It’s just Sporting trying desperately to sell a player as they need cash and they are trying to put pressure on United by making our fans turn on us. Making it seem like we are to blame for a deal falling through that was maybe not even underway.
If that was the case, why not get ahead of it and just deny the stories there and then?

Bestietom

Yes, I was watching it. But all journo's will cover their ass. The other guy has a column in his newspaper all about how far we have dropped back and failed transfer deals etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.