Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuffkin

If Bruno wants to join this shitshow then roll out the red carpet. Lets hope mental health isn't part of the medical.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
There were numerous outlets being briefed in the summer that United had set-up a new information database that has all the bells and whistles when identifying individual players for a specific role. Its because of this new system that United went on and signed up Bissaka after going through numerous other options (I don't have the number but it was alot from what I remember).

I guess once a option/s has been set from the database United will then go on and proceed scouting the best placed individuals that fit the criteria they want.

That's the take I got from last summer.
MUFC employ over 50 scouts worldwide.

Chimmychenga

All this time haggling over the deal is valuable time that could have been spent letting Bruno settle in and get ready for the tough season run in, if we just get it done sooner. Just silly management from the board with top 4 up for grabs and all the CL/sponsorship dosh that brings with it.
Exactly this I'm sick to death of it, pay the bloody extra 10 Mil they want everyone laughed at vdyk and alisson transfer amount but who's on top flying along, United do my head in regarding transfers

HailtotheKing

It does strike me as head in the sand thinking that we'll be in with a shout for Sancho and Maddison without doing some shopping this window, our squad is somehow still 5th, but with our injury worries, going down the table looks fair more likely than going up. We're not getting these brilliant players with Europa League football and a side that really isn't exactly inspiring.
Yeah, and we'll also be in a far stronger position with selling Pogba, if we've already bought someone in to replace him.

HailtotheKing

Surely the priority must be Champions League Football? For our sponsors, for the revenue, and for any players we want to bring in. With all our injuries, we're currently like the Black Knight in Monty Python, hobbling around on one leg, waiting for the other one to be cut off. The money being asked for Bruno is not a lot. His wages are not a lot. At the very least he could be an excellent squad player. And right now he could help us to 4th. I do not see why we're haggling over a few million other than for Ed's ego.
If we don't get 4th, we will not be as attractive to the top players / AKA our big summer targets. And the only way to get them will be to pay more - thus f*cking our current position of trying to lower our wage bill. Plus we'll get mercenaries who are only here for the pay packet. We'll also be more desperate so we'll get raped by selling clubs, just as we are doing now. With Bruno, the future is a lot brighter:

We have a better chance of 4th. And worst-case scenario, we at least have a player to throw on the pitch so we can rest another.
Right now there should be a bet on who's gonna drop next:

1. Fred
2. James
3. Maguire

fergiesarmy1

If Bruno wants to join this shitshow then roll out the red carpet. Lets hope mental health isn't part of the medical.
Think there’s a bit too much doom and gloom at the moment, the team spirit of the players actually involved this season actually seems positive unlike last year under Jose, we are still 5th hopefully 3 points off fourth in a few hours and they all get damn well paid and have world class facilities available to them.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Yeah, and we'll also be in a far stronger position with selling Pogba, if we've already bought someone in to replace him.
To be honest the time he's been out I don't even think of him as a United player any more. Sold in the Summer and hopefully replaced with 2 others with the money.

AneRu

Surely the priority must be Champions League Football? For our sponsors, for the revenue, and for any players we want to bring in. With all our injuries, we're currently like the Black Knight in Monty Python, hobbling around on one leg, waiting for the other one to be cut off. The money being asked for Bruno is not a lot. His wages are not a lot. At the very least he could be an excellent squad player. And right now he could help us to 4th. I do not see why we're haggling over a few million other than for Ed's ego.
If we don't get 4th, we will not be as attractive to the top players / AKA our big summer targets. And the only way to get them will be to pay more - thus f*cking our current position of trying to lower our wage bill. Plus we'll get mercenaries who are only here for the pay packet. We'll also be more desperate so we'll get raped by selling clubs, just as we are doing now. With Bruno, the future is a lot brighter:

We have a better chance of 4th. And worst-case scenario, we at least have a player to throw on the pitch so we can rest another.
Right now there should be a bet on who's gonna drop next:

1. Fred
2. James
3. Maguire
Do genuinely want these 'top targets' or we will do the usual Woodward routine of going in with an offer well below the asking price and just spend the summer haggling whilst the club generates trafficking on social media. Frankly speaking I have lost all faith in the club's ability to do anything right whilst Woodward is in charge.

Brophs

The One and Only
If we can’t manage to sign Bruno Fernandes from Sporting because he’s too pricey, then I really look forward to us trying to negotiate Maddison away from Leicester during the summer.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If we can’t manage to sign Bruno Fernandes from Sporting because he’s too pricey, then I really look forward to us trying to negotiate Maddison away from Leicester during the summer.
It doesn't make sense. Nothing says that the club value Bruno Fernandes and Maddison equally, for all we know the latter could be seen as the top option while the former is seen as one of the backup options and there could be several players between them.

Jericholyte2

I’m as anti Woodward and Glazer as anyone but it’s not simply the fact of him being too pricey.

I’d read (I think in The Athletic) that Ole has a list of three for each position he wants to buy and thatbin this position Fernandes was #3 behind Maddison and Donny van de Beek. This issue is spending that amount on or third choice will automatically massively inflate the asking price for the others.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's a game of who is most desperate on deadline day. I reckon it's over.

Acquire Me

This is the absolute pinnacle that has ever been reached on RedCafe and I really can't see it being bettered either.

19] Then the Kopites made an idol of Raphael, and cried out that he was the saviour, and by his mighty sword they would come forth in the land.
20] But in the end they came fifth.

That particular passage is without doubt the funniest thing I have ever read online, I absolutely lost it the first time I read it.
It’s beautiful. Real talent that guy. Someone should pay him for his services. Funny as feck :lol:

SER19

Won't you say Woodwards' revamp of the academy is the reason we are getting so many quality academy players in the team. Mc Tominay broke through during Jose. Rashford during LVG. Better academy is the only positive point during Woodwards' time.
I think many many people deserve credit for the academy production and first team development of players than Woodward. He deserves some, but its the least a club should expect

Theo88

You might not be so good looking as you think ! :D

if the girl (star player) is expecting a drink a good chat and a dinner and you (Ed in this case) come offering ruffies knock knock jokes and McDonald's coupons I guess you shouldn't be surprised things drag longer or fall apart.

cyberman

Theres a difference between not valuing him as highly and being too pricey

Brophs

The One and Only
It doesn't make sense. Nothing says that the club value Bruno Fernandes and Maddison equally, for all we know the latter could be seen as the top option while the former is seen as one of the backup options and there could be several players between them.
I’m as anti Woodward and Glazer as anyone but it’s not simply the fact of him being too pricey.

I’d read (I think in The Athletic) that Ole has a list of three for each position he wants to buy and thatbin this position Fernandes was #3 behind Maddison and Donny van de Beek. This issue is spending that amount on or third choice will automatically massively inflate the asking price for the others.
Theres a difference between not valuing him as highly and being too pricey
Tbh I was just making a glib remark about us getting bogged down on a deal which both the seller and the player seem to desperately want but you’re right of course.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I don’t remember this kind of weird “we can’t improve our squad with player X now in case we can improve it with player Y later” mentality when Fergie was buying Alan Smith in the same window he later bought Wayne Rooney? Or Louis Saha the January before that?

But knock yourselves out with the excuses

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This is the absolute pinnacle that has ever been reached on RedCafe and I really can't see it being bettered either.

19] Then the Kopites made an idol of Raphael, and cried out that he was the saviour, and by his mighty sword they would come forth in the land.
20] But in the end they came fifth.

That particular passage is without doubt the funniest thing I have ever read online, I absolutely lost it the first time I read it.
Of all the brilliant stuff Plech wrote that passsge was the best.

Red00012

If this board can’t see that Bruno would make a difference in that 45 mins instead of sitting through Periera they shouldn’t be involved in football

Gordon S

And yet look at the squad and the players we signed even this summer gone
I do not think our scouts are much worse than other clubs. It`s the guys up top making the decisions that are pretty shite.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I do not think our scouts are much worse than other clubs. It`s the guys up top making the decisions that are pretty shite.
If our scouts said to sign Maguire and James then they are poor

Status
Not open for further replies.