Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I don’t believe it’s happening anymore, but it’s proper conspiracy theory stuff to suggest there was nothing to this rumour this month. But you’re never going to change your mind on that for some reason.

TheReligion

Abusive
Seems this will get done. Reports that Judge has gone to Lisbon and Castles saying we have upped our offer to €55m.

All seems to point towards this getting wrapped up Monday/Tuesday.

Nori-

Assuming we do land Bruno Fernandes, which we have no idea will even happen, then it's been a very underwhelming transfer window again

The squad needs some major work and at the the pace Ole/Woodward are working on it, we should be challenging in 2030

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Assuming we do land Bruno Fernandes, which we have no idea will even happen, then it's been a very underwhelming transfer window again

The squad needs some major work and at the the pace Ole/Woodward are working on it, we should be challenging in 2030
After our competition is annihilated by the Wuhan virus we should walk to our next title

Judas

Open to offers

If we land him it's one more player than I expected us to get, which shows how low the expectations are. We needed 2-3 at least this window, but the way this club seems to operate, that was asking for a miracle.

fps

Pizzi plays different role for Benfica, ot's not apple-to-apple comparison. Benfica is different financial situation to Sporting and best believe they'll charge you through the nose for him. They got something like £115m for 19-yo Joao Felix. It's in their business model to buy cheap talents and sell for exorbitant fee once the hype is on.

Those questioning Bruno's career path need to understand that timing is HUGE for a football player. You can be a great player but once you make a move at the wrong timing, your already short career can get derailed and you might not get a chance to recover. I think Bruno is being level-headed by sticking with Sporting and biding his time. He's now 2x league's best player and on course to win the 3rd. He will get his big money move soon to the big boys and chance for UCL glory. And this will be in his prime years.

We all need to remember that Aubameyang got his big money move to Arsenal at 28-29. And he went on to win joint golden boot in that rather pedestrian Arsenal of recent years. And he's always in the mix for top scorer in PL.

Assess players' quality, not just their circumstances.
Aubameyang has been fantastic for years, and arguably Arsenal has been a well monied step down for him.

youmeletsfly

People seem to forget the fact that this injury was caused by him demanding to play in a cup game against lower league opposition...doesnt seem like the actions of someone who is egotistical and self centered.

We miss him a lot.
People don't think it's a 'Godly level', people think, and rightly so, that it's different

The PL is incredibly fast-paced and the ball probably spends more time in the air than in any of the other major European league. It's not that good players can't learn to adapt, it's just that like when you do anything new it takes time.

Fred is a great example. Worse than useless for the first 12-16 months at the club. Under any normal circumstances he would likely have missed his chance and been discarded as a bad buy. He's almost been lucky that the club is in such a poor state because it's meant he's had far more time and chances to prove himself - and is now looking a decent player
It's a period of adaptation man, it's normal even we as normal guys change jobs.
Yeah it's a fast paced league, we know, but people take it out of context and exaggerate it a lot. We need a creative number 10 and people are thinking about Maddison or the other guy because they're PL proven when, as players, other than a good shot and FK they're pretty useless.
I think you know what I mean. We use the PL proven term to overrate the feck out of the british players.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If we land him it's one more player than I expected us to get, which shows how low the expectations are. We needed 2-3 at least this window, but the way this club seems to operate, that was asking for a miracle.
When you think about it, we needed 6-7 new players last summer, as crazy as it sounds. Bruno, as good as he is, is one player and won't impact our struggling team that much tbh.
I've always thought that our club negotiating for one player at the time was some made-up fantasy but it just seems so true.

Dante

Average bang
I don’t believe it’s happening anymore, but it’s proper conspiracy theory stuff to suggest there was nothing to this rumour this month. But you’re never going to change your mind on that for some reason.
All it would take to change my mind is quoted source close to the club or a source that doesn't trace back to a newspaper that has a long history of making things up.

What would it take for you to change your mind that this story ever had legs?

A single story backed by a good source is better than a million stories backed by shitty sources. You seem to have got sucked into wishful thinking.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Maybe United are leaving it late as possible so fans won't be asking for more signings.

Get it done on deadline day and fans will be like "Yay, Fernandes!"

Do it two weeks ago and fans will be like "Great...get a striker now."

Snafu17

All it would take to change my mind is quoted source close to the club.

What would it take for you to change your mind that this story ever had legs?

A single story backed by a good source is better than a million stories backed by shitty sources. You seem to have got sucked into wishful thinking.
So, like the BBC?

RedorDead21

Getting a player like Bruno is not an underwhelming Jan window. If it was Maddison or Grealish people would be saying how well we did to nab a teams best player in Jan. Bruno is just that just not in the PL. Everything we need in that position and it’s class to fill it in a known difficult window. We’d have been way better off over the last 6 years if we got in only one player every summer who beyond doubt fixed that position for 6-7 years.

redshaw

We'd break the Jan window record fee if we get this done. Think it's about 30 million

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
Aubameyang has been fantastic for years, and arguably Arsenal has been a well monied step down for him.
Aubameyang breakout season was his 2nd season with st etienne where he finished 2nd top scorer behind Zlatan. He was 24, same age as Bruno when he won his 1st Primera Liga POTY. Aubameyang then went to Dortmund and eventually Arsenal as their transfer record fee. Arsenal may have regressed but being EPL top 4 (at that time) transfer record breaker sure worth something for him.

But if you want to continue putting down Bruno, it's your prerogative.

redshaw

How many more replies do you need for this to be disproven?
Calm down and you act like I've been arguing with multiple replies, I've not done once.

I heard the record would be broken via Bruno reports, might've been Sky or some other reporter, it's not my theory, not sure if it's by English clubs. Obviously Coutinho smashes it and so should VVD and that's Southampton to Liverpool..

Looking at the records it would only be in the top 10.

Pulisic, Aubameyang and Laporte are probably going to be higher than the alleged Bruno's fee for English clubs buying abroad.

Last edited:

Josep Dowling

If we do end up getting him and we have paid a stupid amount of money I will be just as annoyed as if we didn’t get him. If we are genuinely interested how can you take an entire window to get the deal over the line? Woodward is a joke.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Maybe United are leaving it late as possible so fans won't be asking for more signings.

Get it done on deadline day and fans will be like "Yay, Fernandes!"

Do it two weeks ago and fans will be like "Great...get a striker now."
This

Art Vandelay

If we do end up getting him and we have paid a stupid amount of money I will be just as annoyed as if we didn’t get him. If we are genuinely interested how can you take an entire window to get the deal over the line? Woodward is a joke.
Yip. There will be a bad feeling because 1. we could have used him in January and 2. actually getting it done early would allow us to attempt to get someone else in.

RightSaidFredTheRed

BrunOFF? New contract for lingard? All because he has picked a shot and scored in a mud bath!

Reality... he should be sold to a Greek team so he can have more mud baths. And the benefit of a goal scoring AM should trigger Woodward to come the fcuk on!

Edit....
BrunON, Lingard contract off...
Fluffed a great chance, not good enough...until the next goal when Woodward will announce the new contract!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Don’t need him. Never did. Ole’s at the wheel man, he’s doing it, he’s doing his thing. Man United are back

Status
Not open for further replies.