Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

If we don't sign anyone then the wheels are going to do more than just fall off. Hopefully this will be the year we get our club back.
i don't think we get our club back till we face a genuine relegation battle or someone offers the glazers 5+ billion.

If castles is right and we bid a bit more and we still don't get him, it will simply be "see no value in the market".

Hester_manc

We're not going to buy Bruno Fernandez. It seems the club is too far apart. We have to live with the fact that there is no back-up to Rashford at the club. There has not been a back-up for him all season and the club can not be surprised to be in this situation now, where he is injured, and we don`t have anyone to replace him. And I now that Fernandez is not a striker, but he would have offered us some possibilities going forward.

Stacks

There is player called Pizzi, who plays for Benfica and has 12 goals and 8 assists and usually plays as a RW or CM. Should we go all in for him and pay like 70 mil. pounds? Because he has obviously nice stats, definitely better than Bruno (8G, 7A).

It is still Liga NOS, none of those guys can match players who already proved themselves in Premier League like Madisson or Graelish did. It is so much faster, so tough, so negligent. You have no time, you either pass the ball or you will lose it and it will be paintful. Look at Fred, he was so slow with the ball that he lost it so many times, because he wasnt used to the intensity of the game. No one cares how much you cost or how good you were in Portugal or whatever, you just have to prove yourself at the very best league in the world and many guys failed trying to. Lindelof, Rojo, Dalot (hello Bebé) those guys came from Portugal and looked like perfect fit or at least talented players who are better than what we already have (not Bebé, he is just good meme). Well, they are not. Lately I watched some games because of Bruno and the level was so bad I wasnt able to watch it through the end. And I am from Czech republic, I know how bad football looks like and I am used to it. :-)

But my biggest concern about him is that we are the only one who goes to sign him. He is supose to be so good so why Barca, Real, Madrid, Juve, PSG, or someone from PL is not trying to sign him up? He is already 25 years old and Sporting is trying to sell him for second transfer window. It is a big questionmark for me right there.

Burno seems like good player, definitely tier 1 in Portugal and I would like to see him here, but it is huge step and I wouldnt expect too much from him, definitely not instantly if he comes in the middle of the season. Is he better than Lingard? Yeah, I am almost sure about it, because Lingard is championship level player at best, but is he at least as good as regular CM/CAM starter for other PL clubs? Well, we will see. He just have to come now..
He is also Portugal international. That country has produced some great talents like Bernado Silva

youmeletsfly

Silva, Ronnie, Carvalho, and those are just a few that made it in the premier league with ease.
Players come to the EPL from all corners of the world and make it. Just remember Vidic came from Spartak or whatever.

People still think that the EPL is played at some godly level of incredible football where only guys like Grealish and Maddison can perform. Put those into a UCL top game and they're as lost as the "man united" way.

Any transfer, be it from the EPL or not involves a risk factor, but if you don't try, like we're obviously doing with Bruno, you never find out.

downunder red

If and when we sign Fernandes. We are going to see a huge change in are play. Can not wait for this to happen. It will shut a lot of non believers in the club,

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
We're not going to buy Bruno Fernandez. It seems the club is too far apart. We have to live with the fact that there is no back-up to Rashford at the club. There has not been a back-up for him all season and the club can not be surprised to be in this situation now, where he is injured, and we don`t have anyone to replace him. And I now that Fernandez is not a striker, but he would have offered us some possibilities going forward.
Is this Fernandez guy any good?

theklr

360 sources on twitter is saying that we’ve launched an £52 mill. bid and that Matt Judge is on his way to Lisbon to make an agreement.They dont give any source though.

Redcy

If and when we sign Fernandes. We are going to see a huge change in are play. Can not wait for this to happen. It will shut a lot of non believers in the club,
and when we don’t we’ll see the same old Excuses mimicking the party line. The same will happen with Sancho in the summer, and then when we pay 120m for Maddison it will be because he is twice the player.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
There is player called Pizzi, who plays for Benfica and has 12 goals and 8 assists and usually plays as a RW or CM. Should we go all in for him and pay like 70 mil. pounds? Because he has obviously nice stats, definitely better than Bruno (8G, 7A).

It is still Liga NOS, none of those guys can match players who already proved themselves in Premier League like Madisson or Graelish did. It is so much faster, so tough, so negligent. You have no time, you either pass the ball or you will lose it and it will be paintful. Look at Fred, he was so slow with the ball that he lost it so many times, because he wasnt used to the intensity of the game. No one cares how much you cost or how good you were in Portugal or whatever, you just have to prove yourself at the very best league in the world and many guys failed trying to. Lindelof, Rojo, Dalot (hello Bebé) those guys came from Portugal and looked like perfect fit or at least talented players who are better than what we already have (not Bebé, he is just good meme). Well, they are not. Lately I watched some games because of Bruno and the level was so bad I wasnt able to watch it through the end. And I am from Czech republic, I know how bad football looks like and I am used to it. :-)

But my biggest concern about him is that we are the only one who goes to sign him. He is supose to be so good so why Barca, Real, Madrid, Juve, PSG, or someone from PL is not trying to sign him up? He is already 25 years old and Sporting is trying to sell him for second transfer window. It is a big questionmark for me right there.

Burno seems like good player, definitely tier 1 in Portugal and I would like to see him here, but it is huge step and I wouldnt expect too much from him, definitely not instantly if he comes in the middle of the season. Is he better than Lingard? Yeah, I am almost sure about it, because Lingard is championship level player at best, but is he at least as good as regular CM/CAM starter for other PL clubs? Well, we will see. He just have to come now..
I'm not sure what Maddison has actually 'proved' in the PL, he's had a purple patch where he's been good apart for that he's been quite average, sure as hell not a 80m player. As for Grealish, it's his first season and a good start let's see how he does next season.

Lentwood

Silva, Ronnie, Carvalho, and those are just a few that made it in the premier league with ease.
Players come to the EPL from all corners of the world and make it. Just remember Vidic came from Spartak or whatever.

People still think that the EPL is played at some godly level of incredible football where only guys like Grealish and Maddison can perform. Put those into a UCL top game and they're as lost as the "man united" way.

Any transfer, be it from the EPL or not involves a risk factor, but if you don't try, like we're obviously doing with Bruno, you never find out.
People don't think it's a 'Godly level', people think, and rightly so, that it's different

The PL is incredibly fast-paced and the ball probably spends more time in the air than in any of the other major European league. It's not that good players can't learn to adapt, it's just that like when you do anything new it takes time.

Fred is a great example. Worse than useless for the first 12-16 months at the club. Under any normal circumstances he would likely have missed his chance and been discarded as a bad buy. He's almost been lucky that the club is in such a poor state because it's meant he's had far more time and chances to prove himself - and is now looking a decent player

SweetRightFoot

I'm not sure what Maddison has actually 'proved' in the PL, he's had a purple patch where he's been good apart for that he's been quite average, sure as hell not a 80m player. As for Grealish, it's his first season and a good start let's see how he does next season.
I'm not that sold on Maddison either. People keep referencing his high 'chances created' stat but he takes all their free kicks and corners if I'm not mistaken. He's got a good pass and is pretty intelligent but I'm not convinced with his dribbling, shooting or physicality. Bruno definitely offers more and Grealish does too.

Thiagoal

360 sources on twitter is saying that we’ve launched an £52 mill. bid and that Matt Judge is on his way to Lisbon to make an agreement.They dont give any source though.
360 sauces reliable? Tier 1?

Tel074

90% of this protest uproar and all that goes with it could have been avoided if the club made decisive moves early in this window and showed the fans they had some kind of plan. Some kind of idea what they were at and that they still wanted to invest in the best for the club during any given window. The absolute state of our team this month just shows how terribly on all levels we are being managed.

Completely agree . This is exactly my main gripe atm. Other clubs get players signed and we find out about it last minute. Since Fergie and Gill left we have to go through this shit every single transfer window because of how bad we are are closing deals .

We have turned into a amateur laughing stock of a club

theklr

Completely agree . This is exactly my main gripe atm. Other clubs get players signed and we find out about it last minute. Since Fergie and Gill left we have to go through this shit every single transfer window because of how bad we are are closing deals .

We have turned into a amateur laughing stock of a club
Could have something to do with that every other club know how «rich» we are and trying to make us overpay.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I'm not that sold on Maddison either. People keep referencing his high 'chances created' stat but he takes all their free kicks and corners if I'm not mistaken. He's got a good pass and is pretty intelligent but I'm not convinced with his dribbling, shooting or physicality. Bruno definitely offers more and Grealish does too.
Even you half Bruno's output it's still better than Maddison.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If Matt Judge is on his way then we definitely won't sign him :drool:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Oh no we'll get him...

On 800,000 a week.

Plus millions a month in bonuses if he agrees to do commercials with our indonesian condom sponsors and our Botswanan bog brush suppliers.
I'm pretty sure the condom sponsors would back out knowing that our team can't score.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We have 5 more days, can't believe we have let this so late and might not sign him at all. Amazing how a big club (before any smart arse comes up with we aren't, disagree. We are) is run where we can't even sign 1 player when we have so many injuries and also didn't replace outgoing players.

RedorDead21

We have 5 more days, can't believe we have let this so late and might not sign him at all. Amazing how a big club (before any smart arse comes up with we aren't, disagree. We are) is run where we can't even sign 1 player when we have so many injuries and also didn't replace outgoing players.
This is like crying at 9pm in a club because you haven’t pulled! Ok every bird in there is married to Better looking blokes but Jesus come kicking out time there is always the chance of scraps. Be strong brother. Although, when your wing man is called Ed, you may have more reason to be concerned.

man united 4eva

How Judge describes himself

This quote is from the biography on Judge's LinkedIn page: "Managing Manchester United's equity and debt capital structure – three equity offerings incl the IPO, totalling over $450m; and three debt refinancings ($1bn+) – debt private placement, term-loan and RCF. Also player negotiations (transfers and playing contracts)."

Dante

Average bang
:lol: I want us to sign him just to see what you come out with "He's not even real, its just a hologram!".
He's real. But the sources for the story are unsubstantial and unconvincing. Occasionally, some of the shitty sources have been wrapped with a bow and delivered by a reporter that Reddit tell us is 'reputable'. But the sources are still shit so that's the only only salient point.

And then you get this thread. Posters keep mentioning that nothing makes sense, or the that the club is acting illogically. But that's only because the underpinning narrative is not true. It's like convincing yourself that the earth is flat based on fantasy stories in A Bola. And then you get confused about how space travel works and start blaming NASA.

Status
Not open for further replies.