Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Mourinho might be the biggest muppet of us all

TBF this was well played by Mourinho :) feck Woodward

He seems like a perfect fit for our front three. Quick release for wingers and players and has a good shot on him.
Agreed. He is great at passing behind the lines and releasing fast forwards 1v1 in front of a goalkeepers. If our forwards develop some brains to spot good positions while hanging around up top, they have enough pace that this could be pure gold for us.

But anyway, seems like we are not buying him, again, so what's the point…

thomas porter

Sooo much smoke with this transfer but will there be a fire??? I really hope so as if we don't get 2-3 signings in January I can see the season take a dark turn and fans taking their protests to another level against the Glazers/Woodward.

joedirt87

Sooo much smoke with this transfer but will there be a fire??? I really hope so as if we don't get 2-3 signings in January I can see the season take a dark turn and fans taking their protests to another level against the Glazers/Woodward.
hey we might loan out Rojo. That puts us at 2 deals involving signings this window.

theklr

Well he is supposed to be good at shooting too.. if he cant find the pass he can take a shot. Surely his shooting ability would be better than Fred, Pereira and Lingard combined?
He would at least hit the target and create a possible rebound or corner kick

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Longstaff and Rice aren't worth talking about and Grealish still has a bit to go as it's his debut PL season.

However, Maddison is playing for a top 4 side in the PL at 23 and has been their most creative player since he broke into the team.

He created the most chances in the PL last season in his debut season and is leading that stat again this year.

He's highly rated because he's a very good player and wouldn't need any time to adjust.

If anything Bruno is over-rated on here. He'll struggle to get double figures of either goals or assists in the PL and could take a year to 18 months to get up to the pace of the league so is more of a gamble imo.
It depends on what you see as gamble. Leicester would quote twice the price of Bruno for Maddison, on the price range of 120+m. They just sold us Maguire for 80m.

MiracleInMadrid

I'm so bloody fed up with our slow tempo when it comes to transfers. After the clearout in the summer, there must have been a plan (who am I kidding, aye?) of going for someone in January. On top of that we play half a season where it is as clear as day that we need reinforcements. Not even just in quality but also sheer quantity. We have been forced to put out some appaling starting lineups.

Then when January is finally here, we drag it to the absolute end to do our business. If we even end up buying anyone.
We have now played 7 matches since the window opened, which have cost us 9 points in the league, participation in the Carabao Cup, and then we had to rush an injured Rashford only for him to now be out for months. I just cannot believe that the costs mentioned here exceed the benefit of whatever negotiation strategy we use. I think that Ole needs to go because of the lack of tactical expression in our team. But my god, he has been completely betrayed by the the lack of responsiveness above him.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Fair enough, just seen this type of post used as an argument for some people predicting the future and claiming he'd be terrible. Not saying you are but, it's been said.
Yeah fair

I’m not saying he will be terrible, just that the circumstances seem a little strange to me - mid twenties, still in Sporting, never really playing at a true high level and seemingly not attracting interest from any other teams

That’s not to say he isn’t a good player.

pacifictheme

Yeah fair

I’m not saying he will be terrible, just that the circumstances seem a little strange to me - mid twenties, still in Sporting, never really playing at a true high level and seemingly not attracting interest from any other teams

That’s not to say he isn’t a good player.
Not a million miles away from salah at roma really.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Not a million miles away from salah at roma really.
Well I would love it if we were capable of getting someone in to perform at that sort of level
Speaking of which, I would love us to raid Wolves for Jota, think he’s majorly underrated, but that’s for another thread

Withnail

It depends on what you see as gamble. Leicester would quote twice the price of Bruno for Maddison, on the price range of 120+m. They just sold us Maguire for 80m.
I get what you're saying but the actual price doesn't bother me.

It's more that we are getting so few players in and the squad is so short that they all have to hit the ground running.

That's the gamble I mean

pacifictheme

Well I would love it if we were capable of getting someone in to perform at that sort of level
Speaking of which, I would love us to raid Wolves for Jota, think he’s majorly underrated, but that’s for another thread
Heh. Buying players is a nightmare really for the most part. No one saw salahs upturn in form coming. Or manes really. Bruno could be brilliant or he could be crap.

Rob Bowman

I'm so bloody fed up with our slow tempo when it comes to transfers. After the clearout in the summer, there must have been a plan (who am I kidding, aye?) of going for someone in January. On top of that we play half a season where it is as clear as day that we need reinforcements. Not even just in quality but also sheer quantity. We have been forced to put out some appaling starting lineups.

Then when January is finally here, we drag it to the absolute end to do our business. If we even end up buying anyone.
We have now played 7 matches since the window opened, which have cost us 9 points in the league, participation in the Carabao Cup, and then we had to rush an injured Rashford only for him to now be out for months. I just cannot believe that the costs mentioned here exceed the benefit of whatever negotiation strategy we use. I think that Ole needs to go because of the lack of tactical expression in our team. But my god, he has been completely betrayed by the the lack of responsiveness above him.
Well said... It is just maddening that a 12 year old on FIFA 20 could sort this better than Woodward... :mad::mad:

Mainoldo

Longstaff and Rice aren't worth talking about and Grealish still has a bit to go as it's his debut PL season.

However, Maddison is playing for a top 4 side in the PL at 23 and has been their most creative player since he broke into the team.

He created the most chances in the PL last season in his debut season and is leading that stat again this year.

He's highly rated because he's a very good player and wouldn't need any time to adjust.

If anything Bruno is over-rated on here. He'll struggle to get double figures of either goals or assists in the PL and could take a year to 18 months to get up to the pace of the league so is more of a gamble imo.
Tim Sherwood gave Grealish his debut about 5 years ago. Just saying.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I get what you're saying but the actual price doesn't bother me.

It's more that we are getting so few players in and the squad is so short that they all have to hit the ground running.

That's the gamble I mean
We have limited budget. So, I think Maddison is even a bigger gamble.
Also if things go south, it is harder to shift out a 120m player than a 60m one.

I bet that if City or Liverpool buy Bruno for 60m this summer, most in here would be wailing of why United didn't seal this deal.

Last edited:

MrSingh2002

Can't believe this actually happened again. Signing 3 when we needed 6 in the summer was bad enough.

Now we're haggling over January players that are more than urgently required.

feck whoever is behind this inept decision making. Ole/Woodward/Glazers. All incompetent.

C'est Moi Cantona

Can't believe this actually happened again. Signing 3 when we needed 6 in the summer was bad enough.

Now we're haggling over January players that are more than urgently required.

feck whoever is behind this inept decision making. Ole/Woodward/Glazers. All incompetent.
Hey, they've even lured some on here to think we are doing for the right reasons, "we're not overpaying and so setting a bad benchmark for the summer", as we'll be signing Maddison, Sancho, and Grealish, etc, and want these clubs to think we're tough cookies 'ard to deal with', where in reality we'll likely revisit Bruno all over again in the summer because still no one else want him, and the aforementioned will have proper offers from CL clubs.

Withnail

Also if things go south, it is harder to shift out a 120m player than a 60m one.

I bet that if City or Liverpool buy Bruno for 60m this summer, most in here would be wailing of why United didn't seal this deal.
I totally understand you.

My point is I think the likelihood of Maddison going south is much less than that of Fernandes regardless of the price.

Jericholyte2

Whilst Maddison will be a technically bigger gamble due to the potential numbers involved, he is far less of a gamble when considering league experience. He already has two years of regular PL football and whilst he only has 13 goals and 10 assists in 59 appearances, at his age he’s due to continually improve if given a team and system that can promote attacking football.

RedCurry

You realise he's taking the piss out of us.
Who is us in this case? The club ownership, executives or the fans? He’s definitely “taking a piss” but that is highlighting how little our managers get backed. Nothing wrong with that. I expected at least Jose, out of all the ex managers, to have more balls to speak out about the club’s management. Any pressure of board, chairman, CEO is good for the club and us.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Doesn't Bruno have a clause in his contract that requires Sporting to pay him 5m if they do not accept a bid of 50m or more?

If Sporting are as strapped for cash as reported, then I can see why Ed is holding firm at 50m.

Not only does Sporting need the 50m to balance their books, but I am sure they cannot comfortably afford paying Bruno an extra 5m when cash is so tight.

This approach doesn't negate the impact on Man Utd from the delay in bringing in needed reinforcements, but I can see why Ed thinks he has Sporting over a barrel and is refusing to budge.
This is the same genius who ended up paying more for Fellaini than the release clause was settled at. Do you honestly think he knows what hes doing?

fps

He seems like a perfect fit for our front three. Quick release for wingers and players and has a good shot on him.
If Ole wishes to play quick transition high press football then yes.

Although it makes the signing of HMS Maguire a little curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.