Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

Wasn't that rule changed?
I thought CL players could play in the EL if their old club hadnt been demoted to the EL.. and the other way round.. or if the old club was knocked out .

Sporting were in the EL and are still in it. not sure he will be eligible..

Unless I remember it incorrectly.

Zoo

Nah he’ll be eligible to play for United in the Europa.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ahhh ok. So I guess unless Ole's going to channel his inner Pep, he probably wouldnt go with Maddison/Grealish with Fernandes in a 433. That, and he seems hell-bent on using the 4231.

Thanks as always, mate!
Anytime buddy!

No Love

The actual state of this thread, bickering and talking the most irrelevant shite. :lol:

Any of our resident Sporting fans able to comment on the feeling surrounding this deal then? What’s the perception around the club about this deal potentially going through?

kirk buttercup

Would love to see bruno Sign . As I said in the summer I like him and if he comes and Pogba comes back we will look a completely different team .

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

Let’s not worry that it’s that account. It’s real I’ve seen the video myself.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Let’s not worry that it’s that account. It’s real I’ve seen the video myself.
Ole has a policy of never addressing other clubs players, so he'll just repeat the mantra of funds available until kingdom come. For example he will never confirm or deny any negotiations. It was the same with Maguire, AWB or James. "Deals are being worked on, players could come in, we are looking at options, we will buy the right player". Never "We are hopeful of signing the player".

In this case I'd just refer to BBC who extremely rarely report anything without real substance to it. That negotiations are indeed taking place.

I'm confident we will land this player now, let's just hope he can take the advanced level of the Premier League

Bruno Fernandes was Player of the Round in gameweek 2 or something in the Europa League so he's had some good international games at least.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't really explain why, but I don't read that as a positive quote for this deal.
? that's basically word for word what he said about Haaland. Negotiations have definitely happened, the only possible issue is a deal wasn't agreed. We shall see.

Judas

Open to offers
? that's basically word for word what he said about Haaland. Negotiations have definitely happened, the only possible issue is a deal wasn't agreed. We shall see.
Didn't say it was negative, its just a nothing quote, doesn't get the muppet juices going. It's just a standard Ole transfer quote.

Adam-Utd

Didn't say it was negative, its just a nothing quote, doesn't get the muppet juices going. It's just a standard Ole transfer quote.
The fact he's answered the question at all is positive IMO. Could have just said no comment.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
bein sports are awful for rumours. One transfer deadline day they reported Mahrez being a done deal to us for £45m or so, and a medical was penciled in.

Absolute nonsense

Adam-Utd

"No comment" maybe with a cheeky smile would have been more exciting to me :lol: :nervous:
:D I need to see the video but it seems Ole's way of talking about speculation is give the old "we don't talk about other players but...." then proceeds to talk about them anyway.

I think if we definitely no zero interest with all this huge speculation he would have shot it down immediately.

BluesJr

Can someone summarise why there's a lot of excitement about this all of a sudden? Did I miss a tweet?
It’s confirmed by the whole Portuguese media we met with Sporting in London yesterday to possibly agree a deal. British journos have also confirmed that to be the case but as of yet no deal agreed but it’s probably close.

Zoo

He is asked at the end of the video. Ole isn’t doing anything to dampen hopes so Ed needs to deliver now.

Rajat Jain

Yeah, same feels on this. But hopeful they can agree a fee before the end of this window.

Dante

Average bang
He is asked at the end of the video. Ole isn’t doing anything to dampen hopes so Ed needs to deliver now.
I wouldn't read anything into that clip. Ole has the same stock answer ready whenever he's asked about transfers. See from 1:40 in the following video:

The Sky News question is not Bruno specific, but shows that Solskjaer has no intention of answering the question candidly. He's got a rehearsed line, and that's all he's sticking to.

You could ask him about signing Messi and he'd say the same thing.

Ace of Spades

This would be a good deal. Midfield is our weakest area, and it should be easy to upgrade on our current options.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Can't really explain why, but I don't read that as a positive quote for this deal.
He didn’t deny it, he finished it by saying that he has the backing. Almost the exact same response he gave to Haaland question. At least it’s shows that we are interested and actually negotiating. My underwear is about to go down here.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
How's Bruno actually done this season? Is he even getting close to the levels and numbers he was showing last season?

BluesJr

How's Bruno actually done this season? Is he even getting close to the levels and numbers he was showing last season?
Don’t have the numbers to hand but pretty good I think.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I wouldn't read anything into that clip. Ole has the same stock answer ready whenever he's asked about transfers. See from 1:40 in the following video:

The Sky News question is not Bruno specific, but shows that Solskjaer has no intention of answering the question candidly. He's got a rehearsed line, and that's all he's sticking to.

You could ask him about signing Messi and he'd say the same thing.
I’ll laugh my ass off if he does the same thing. No he won’t, he’ll laugh and being sarcastic about it if he’s asked about signing Messi.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He wasn’t as good as last season in term of general performance but his end product is still the same (brilliant), according to sporting fans in here.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The only question is why didn't we buy him in the summer? Maybe we're more desperate now and thought we could rely on Pogba more, but if we wanted him we could've got him in July. So why now?

Dante

Average bang

Let’s see if he plays tonight.
:lol:
Literally the EXACT same stories came out over the Summer.

United agree the transfer (we got as far as a medical in the Summer, to be fair)

Atletico got involved.

Inter got involved

Alabaster Codify7

Mata today should have been all the proof Ed needed to see how much difference a quality '#10 or attacking midfielder with goal threat can make against the poor sides in the league. Fernandes would be a big upgrade on Mata/Pereira/Lingard in that spot. But I've been burned too many times by Ed being 'reactive' rather than 'proactive' and I could easily see him perceiving that performance as "we don't need anyone, we've got Mata" instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.