Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
My question is, whilst Bruno scores and assists a high amount, albeit in inferior league, would he help us break down the low block teams we struggle against?
It seems he plays a lot of risky (in terms of losing the ball) but threatening passes so could help. I expect he'll be frustrating though.

All assuming he brings his Portuguese league form to the PL which is a big if.

Red00012

That's absolute bollocks. Fred has been one of positives at United this season and is absolutely worth the fee we payed for him.
He’s a squad player if you think he’s good enough for where the club wants to be you’re deluded.

Jonno

That's absolute bollocks. Fred has been one of positives at United this season and is absolutely worth the fee we payed for him.
Whilst he’s played very well, shown fantastic commitment and pride in his performances and clearly wants to be a United player, you can’t hide from his limitations. Not a problem in a completed jigsaw team, but right now, against City for example, I sat 5 rows from the touchline, and I saw him get absolutely demolished by Cities midfield.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s a squad player if you think he’s good enough for where the club wants to be you’re deluded.
No he's clearly going to be in the starting 11 here. I'm not deluded I just know a player when I see one.

Paxi

Whilst he’s played very well, shown fantastic commitment and pride in his performances and clearly wants to be a United player, you can’t hide from his limitations. Not a problem in a completed jigsaw team, but right now, against City for example, I sat 5 rows from the touchline, and I saw him get absolutely demolished by Cities midfield.
What exactly are his limitations? Set pieces and long range shots? Apart from that he hasn't put a foot wrong. Oh he was one of the better players against City in my opinion.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If Fred has been worth the fee we payed then other signings look like bargains. He's been okay, little more than that.

sherrinford

Well actually, you saw him being outnumbered by City players. When the team setup was better (in the first league game), Fred competed very well.

Jonno

What exactly are his limitations? Set pieces and long range shots? Apart from that he hasn't put a foot wrong. Oh he was one of the better players against City in my opinion.
His limitations? His passing is equally as good as it is bad, one pass is brilliant, his next is awful. He loses the ball in the Manchester United half of the pitch too many times for a defensive midfielder, his set pieces are awful, though not his fault he’s put on them. I like him and he’s improving, but lets not get dilusioned that he is a world class, complete central midfielder.

Jonno

I don't know a single midfielder who wouldn't get demolished playing alongside Andreas in DM with Lingard ahead and Phil Jones behind against Man City's midfield.
True, but it doesn’t take away his limitation in various other games. I still rate him and like him, but lets not get carried away, he’s a distinctly average hard working midfielder.

Fosu-Mens

One touch? Combination play?
If he got time and not moving at speed, then his one-touch passing is good. At speed and under pressure, then it is inconsistent. Doubt he would be given the same time on the ball or be able to stand still and cross/pass in the EPL or that our movement and passing is good enough to create these situations against most teams.
Looks like Suarez when running with the ball. Not silky, but functional. Not that he should be compared to Suarez as a player given Suarez is a really intelligent player, whereas Fernandez is all effort.

He plays with a free role at Sporting (at least in the matches I have seen, earlier this season), can pass and move as he sees fit. Not sure how this would work for us given that he would play for a team unable to pass efficiently and effectively, in a tougher league... Big transition and hard to see how his game would translate for us other than set pieces.

GoldanoGraham

Sporting have a match at 2030 tonight - if he plays then no deal is imminent.....if he doesn’t play then speculation and muppetry intensifies......

Paxi

His limitations? His passing is equally as good as it is bad, one pass is brilliant, his next is awful. He loses the ball in the Manchester United half of the pitch too many times for a defensive midfielder, his set pieces are awful, though not his fault he’s put on them. I like him and he’s improving, but lets not get dilusioned that he is a world class, complete central midfielder.
His passing is very good. As is today. He's not a Scholes, Xavi, Alonso or even Busquets but not many players are. He's very dynamic. His one two passes are very good -- see Williams sitter today, that was basically played in by Fred playing superb ball over the top to Martial. You say lets not get carried away and call him world class, yet in the next post you call him average. Are players not allowed to be a level below world class and still be excellent players. He's quite clearly an above average midfielder.

I could go on with his statistics but I'll just let my own eyes decide that Fred is fantastic player and has well and truly settled in.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Are Jose and Levy attempting to hijack this deal or what?

The former especially would love nothing more than to get one over on Woodward and United.

Jonno

His passing is very good. As is today. He's not a Scholes, Xavi, Alonso or even Busquets but not many players are. He's very dynamic. His one two passes are very good -- see Williams sitter today, that was basically played in by Fred playing superb ball over the top to Martial. You say lets not get carried away and call him world class, yet in the next post you call him average. Are players not allowed to be a level below world class and still be excellent players. He's quite clearly an above average midfielder.

I could go on with his statistics but I'll just let my own eyes decide that Fred is fantastic player and has well and truly settled in.
Stats do not tell the whole story. I regularly attend, and regularly see him lose the ball in crucial areas to concede dangerous chances and even goals.

Paxi

Stats do not tell the whole story. I regularly attend, and regularly see him lose the ball in crucial areas to concede dangerous chances and even goals.
Stats back up what most people see with their eyes though. Go into his performance thread and read for yourself. Oh and you don't have to be an attending fan to have an opinion on a player.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Are Jose and Levy attempting to hijack this deal or what?

The former especially would love nothing more than to get one over on Woodward and United.
Nothing really concrete on it. Some random cnut from beIN Sports and then Miguel Delaney said they could in theory act quickly because talks were advanced in the summer. Nothing from Portugal on Spurs.

Irrational.

This result is the worst thing that could've happened.

Ed Woodward will probably 'return to basket' after his finger was hovering over 'complete purchase'. :mad:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Nothing really concrete on it. Some random cnut from beIN Sports and then Miguel Delaney said they could in theory act quickly because talks were advanced in the summer. Nothing from Portugal on Spurs.
I see.

Hope you're right.

Red00012

Winning 4-0?
Yes you’ve me convinced - beating bottom of the table Is where we are.
Anyway I’m not detailing the thread anymore so you can have your Fred love in whilst been happy fighting for 5th position with Sheff Utd and been almost 30 points behind the league leaders.
Maybe you’re happy with that , I’m not.

Jonno

Stats back up what most people see with their eyes though. Go into his performance thread and read for yourself. Oh and you don't have to be an attending fan to have an opinion on a player.
No you don’t need to be an attending fan to have an opinion on a player, but it helps have a better view of a player, because you can see off the ball movement, off the camera movement, you can see the structure of the play better, you can see what a players overall ability is like far more than watching it on TV or you aimlessly copying and pasting from twitter.

Paxi

Yes you’ve me convinced - beating bottom of the table Is where we are.
Anyway I’m not detailing the thread anymore so you can have your Fred love in whilst been happy fighting for 5th position with Sheff Utd and been almost 30 points behind the league leaders.
Maybe you’re happy with that , I’m not.
Where did I say I'm happy with any of it? I'm probably overly critical of Ole and the team if anything but I'm not going to criticise players who are actually performing week in week out. In fact I'm Ole out and still am but I can also be happy if a team performs well and wins. This team is 5th and God knows how many points behind Liverpool not because of Fred. He's literally been carrying us the past few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.