Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What gets me hard about that video is not that he's doing it against shit opposition. It is the speed in which he does it which is why I think we're taking the plunge but have been slightly withdrawn from doing so.

He doesn't dwell on the ball, take unecessary touches. His decision making his far quick than even his team mates can keep up with. He probably wont get the same numbers in the PL but he'll do alright.
Not only that, the main thing is that he has quality in him.

A lot of people often say players will be able to score lot of goals & assists if you play in farmer league. It's a yes and no. Yes Bruno won't get much space or time in EPL than in Portugese, but the quality of his passing and also as what you said his decision making or I can also say his vision to find the right man is the difference to those players who can trick you when they play in the lower league than EPL.

Pereira & Lingard might have a chance to make the same amount of goals & assists as Bruno if they play in Portugese League. However, you won't see those two to be able to make the same quality weight pass like Bruno and the vision to find the right man.

I won't say he will settle in PL, but, he should be considered better than Pereira & Lingard. The quality & potential are there, the questions now are whether we can get the best out of him and whether the player himself can adapt in the new league quickly.

TRUERED89

Yes! I've noticed also that a lot of long passes these days are too floaty, his seem to dip quickly and either run on quickly into the space or spin and check, like you suggested.
Really hope he signs and even more, I hope he gets off to a good start. He'll be crucified if he doesn't.
I don’t think he will. Even Sanchez and Fred got some time before they started getting abuse. And one had already been in the PL for years prior.

Relfy

Is this actually happening now? I've been too affected by this to believe anything I read about this transfer now!

RedBanker

I love you Ole
It is on till the break of dawn!!! As per tweet from Goncalo Lopes the flight is on its way. To the flight tracker!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will he be an upgrade on Peirera and Lingard? Yes 100%. Jonjo Shelvey would be a massive upgrade compared to them. So yes Bruno will upgrade the team which makes people happy not having to watch the other 2. I don't think people are expecting him to be Messi.
Well hopefully this isn't the standard of player we are paying solid money for - upgrade over Periera and Lingard. Nobody is expecting him to be Messi but the expectation of a 50 million plus AM signing is that he turns out to be a top class player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some people (who are buzzing currently) in this thread will be very disappointed when they actually see him play.

Sporting faking an interest from Barca and us falling for it is still funny.
I have doubts but will am hopefully he's as good as some say he is. We need some brilliance in midfield.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You said he's hardly CAM. But he is CAM. If Grealish is a truly CM, that means he can play even in midfield 2 not just in midfield 3. So far there is no indication that he is more of a CM than CAM.
Yes because we are talking for United not Villa. The poster was talking about how Fernandes was blocking Grealish's move to United & to me for what United want to be Grealish is not good enough to play long term as a CAM even if he plays there for Villa - I think he lacks creativity but what he doesn't lack is tenacity, technical ability and good quick short passing - something I can see in midfield the older and better he gets.

Anyway you are right. He is a CAM & he will have the ability to play there as he does for Villa - but I doubt that's the position he plays for United because he has the ability to be more than a CAM to me.

ants7

I have more doubts about Ole's ability to use Bruno properly for the squad and getting the best out of him rather than worrying about Bruno becoming a flop.

SteveW

I have more doubts about Ole's ability to use Bruno properly for the squad and getting the best out of him rather than worrying about Bruno becoming a flop.
They guy that finally found the right position for Martial and Rashford after previous managers failed to?? The guy that made Fred finally look like a decent player??

Change the record

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

In the second part of the season with a mid of McTom/Fred-Pogba-Bruno against the "lesser" teams we should be creating chances for fun. We can make top 4 imo.

DBT85

Ole played Pogba as a CM/DM this season, why would Bruno be Pogba’s replacement. Bruno is an upgrade of Pereira/Lingard and also supposed to be Mata’s replacement last summer, we couldn’t get Bruno in the summer so we extended Mata’s contract instead.
We absolutely were not in for him last year by all accounts. That's part of the joke. We were adamant in the summer that we didn't want him and now here we are 6 months later. This is part of why people think he might be pogbas replacement in part because of injury and in part because of availability.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us playing 433 more than 4231 once we have enough fit players.

Looked at UK back pages and fee is £76 million, I expect that’d be a tad exaggerated....
55m euro up front and 25m in add ons. About 15 rely on winning the league and him getting the balloon it seems.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes because we are talking for United not Villa. The poster was talking about how Fernandes was blocking Grealish's move to United & to me for what United want to be Grealish is not good enough to play long term as a CAM even if he plays there for Villa - I think he lacks creativity but what he doesn't lack is tenacity, technical ability and good quick short passing - something I can see in midfield the older and better he gets.

Anyway you are right. He is a CAM & he will have the ability to play there as he does for Villa - but I doubt that's the position he plays for United because he has the ability to be more than a CAM to me.
If your best position and also the best position to release your potential is CAM then the player should play in CAM. Grealish will not suit to play in CM role especially if we are talking about the current United that plays in 4231.

If he ever come to United with Bruno still in the club then very likely he will play as a wide player like how we did on Mata but that doesn't hide the fact that both Mata & Grealish are CAM.

All those CAM being converted to CM & DM because they have the ability to dictate the tempo and have different variety of passing, unlike Grealish, his main strength more suitable in attacking role rather than deeper role.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We absolutely were not in for him last year by all accounts. That's part of the joke. We were adamant in the summer that we didn't want him and now here we are 6 months later. This is part of why people think he might be pogbas replacement in part because of injury and in part because of availability.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us playing 433 more than 4231 once we have enough fit players.

55m euro up front and 25m in add ons. About 15 rely on winning the league and him getting the balloon it seems.
Ornstein last year before he left BBC mentioned that we were interested in Bruno. Not only that, there was reporter in Twitter also mentioned that we have been monitored Bruno for many years, the reason why we weren't in last summer because there were other areas we needed to focus on first (defense). Pogba in 2 pivot is not surprise anymore, Jose played him there & Deschamps played him there too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If your best position and also the best position to release your potential is CAM then the player should play in CAM. Grealish will not suit to play in CM role especially if we are talking about the current United that plays in 4231.

If he ever come to United with Bruno still in the club then very likely he will play as a wide player like how we did on Mata but that doesn't hide the fact that both Mata & Grealish are CAM.

All those CAM being converted to CM & DM because they have the ability to dictate the tempo and have different variety of passing, unlike Grealish, his main strength more suitable in attacking role rather than deeper role.
We can also play a flat midfield 3 and have him as the most left sided centre midfielder - I see absolutely no reason why he can't play that? I'd think it suit him well and allow him all the freedom to attack all the way he wants up and around the areas he normally ends up harassing anyway.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Well hopefully this isn't the standard of player we are paying solid money for - upgrade over Periera and Lingard. Nobody is expecting him to be Messi but the expectation of a 50 million plus AM signing is that he turns out to be a top class player.
Perhaps. A serviceable #10 who does what a #10 is supposed to do is what I'd expect from a player in this price bracket, unless at the end of their contract or only wanting to join us.

As long as his base level fits the remit of a CL-qualifying club, he'll have been a success.

The majority of our players are below the bar for their positions and that's, realistically, the first thing to fix. Once we're in the CL as a permanent fixture, players on the next rungs up who are expected to reach the top bracket should start filtering through to us.

If Bruno comes in and performs like a top 4-level #10, we should see a lift across multiple positions around him, which would be the biggest boon of the signing even if he goes on to be nothing more than he initially was. A few years down the line, once established as a better side, he probably then goes into squad rotation, but even if that is the case, if he's contributing, he'll have been well worth the money.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We can also play a flat midfield 3 and have him as the most left sided centre midfielder - I see absolutely no reason why he can't play that? I'd think it suit him well and allow him all the freedom to attack all the way he wants up and around the areas he normally ends up harassing anyway.
But we are playing 4231 right now. You are talking about United and you ignore the fact that our manager has been using 4231 for majority 95% in all our games this season. Don't you think that's likely the formation he had planned for long term.

Beside, not many people play 433 with lack of balance week in week out. Pep is the only manager who plays 2 CAM in 433 while most people play 433 with AM, CM & DM each.

DBT85

Ornstein last year before he left BBC mentioned that we were interested in Bruno. Not only that, there was reporter in Twitter also mentioned that we have been monitored Bruno for many years, the reason why we weren't in last summer because there were other areas we needed to focus on first (defense). Pogba in 2 pivot is not surprise anymore, Jose played him there & Deschamps played him there too.
Monitoring for many years and being interested isn't the same as attempting to buy. We made no attempt in the summer, so Mata wasn't extended for that reason at all.

Pogba won't be here next season anyway imo. U less things change it'll be Bruno, Fred &, mctominay as a midfield 3.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Btw, did Bruno Fernandes get British passport? I'm sure I read on caf that we look at only British players and our transfer policy was some Brexit.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Btw, did Bruno Fernandes get British passport? I'm sure I read on caf that we look at only British players and our transfer policy was some Brexit.
He's not signing. It's just a PR stunt. We have no money.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Monitoring for many years and being interested isn't the same as attempting to buy. We made no attempt in the summer, so Mata wasn't extended for that reason at all.

Pogba won't be here next season anyway imo. U less things change it'll be Bruno, Fred &, mctominay as a midfield 3.
I just told you the reason why we didn't make the attempt is because we wanted to focus on defense first.

Pogba won't be here but doesn't mean we are not going to replace him. Deschamp made Pogba as his deep playmaker, the same thing with how Ole had played him this season. It'll be Bruno, Fred or McTominay playing next to Pogba's replacement if he leaves.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He's not signing. It's just a PR stunt. We have no money.
Yeah forgot about that, it's all twitter fantasy, we are not even interested. Even BBC(Simon Stone) just followed Portuguese media for the news.

Yagami

Good post resistant
feck me, are we debating Lingard & Andreas vs Bruno?
I think the point is that, whilst he's going to be a better option then them two, being better than said two shouldn't be the barometer we use to determine whether we should sign someone or not.

For me, whilst he'll be an upgrade on them two in the short term, in the long term we'll need someone better than Bruno, too. Just like with our previous number 10 signings where we only looked at their impressive stats rather than the player as a whole.

TRUERED89

Looked at UK back pages and fee is £76 million, I expect that’d be a tad exaggerated....
The fee is £46.6m (€55m) and £10m in add ons (number of appearances + goals, winning CL/PL, winning golden ball). So all in with add ons looks around 65m Euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.