Bruno Fernandes signs a new contract until 2026+1

Bestie07

It's been a few months and I still can't come to terms with the fact that we extended his contract for mega money when we had him already contracted for his prime years. We gave him a contract that practically made him unsellable in case he stopped delivering at the level we expect him to - and we gave him this contract when he was already not delivering for over a year.

Manchester United really make me pull my hair out because of the decisions they make. Stupid club. Next stop on the stupid station is Arnautovic.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It's been a few months and I still can't come to terms with the fact that we extended his contract for mega money when we had him already contracted for his prime years. We gave him a contract that practically made him unsellable in case he stopped delivering at the level we expect him to - and we gave him this contract when he was already not delivering for over a year.

Manchester United really make me pull my hair out because of the decisions they make. Stupid club. Next stop on the stupid station is Arnautovic.
Why would we give him a new contract under a temp manager and not when the next manager was still not hired is beyond me?

diarm

There's a good player in there still, but the part I hate the most is all the theatrics, diving, crying and ranting at the ref for every little decision.

He's supposed to be a leader in this team - how are we expecting youngsters to show bottle, fight and character when the guys they're supposed to look up to are carrying on like clowns?

He could do with being dropped for a while and told to sort his shit out.

Boondog

Still wonder what would have been had he buried that shot in the first game.

lex talionis

Still wonder what would have been had he buried that shot in the first game.
That one will piss me off for a long time. It was a sitter, a goal to be had and the front foot firmly planted on the face of fukcing Brighton. Instead, Bruno missed the sitter and our heads went down and we got mugged. Then our heads went down after the De Gea howler in the next match and we got mugged again, but I digress.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
He is the king of moaning.
A serious question: I was surprised when Man United extended this players contract when they did as he was already contracted to the club for his prime years anyway. Was it because Man United were not certain to finish in a top-4 position? There is loads of discussion about how MUFC have to overpay on fees or wages (e.g. Casemiro) to compensate for not being in the current CL, is this a similar thing - but with a player already at the club - to prevent him moving away from United to get game time in the most elite European competition?

Another theory: I wonder if Ronaldo had anything to do with it, I assume they are friends as well as international team mates. I wonder if his signing came with any perks, like give my friend a new deal ASAP because behind the scenes they have come to an arrangement that whenever Bruno gets the ball he tries to pass it to he mate, as a priority?