Bruno Fernandes signs a new contract until 2026+1

cyberman

Bit of a dickhead manoeuvre to bypass the players performance threads being locked during a match rule

Idxomer

He's a mediocre footballer who people elevated for the role of a messiah because they're a bit simple.

Greck

Fans can be forgiven for being supportive but our club management, I'm not so sure. We should be in the middle of assessing his contract worthiness, might even be better with something to prove, instead we awarded him a fat payrise for past performances he already got paid for. Mega genius move from the new regime. This and renewing Ole's staff when he should have been sacked should really have tipped everyone to the suspicion that the new regime weren't deep football people.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thank God we protected his value

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I really wonder how anyone could still consider him to be a top anything, top midfielder, top playmaker, whatever. With such poor balance, agility and average close control, he has almost no option when put under pressure besides ridiculous passes or feeble attempts to win a foul. No playmaker has ever excelled at the top level with so many deficiencies in such a key area.

Yakuza_devils

I was slaughtered here for saying that Bruno is shit and should be dropped. Now everyone can see. Eriksen is better than him. Eriksen can also play in deep midfield roles.

DarkXaero

I will pray that Eriksen replaces him in the starting lineup permanently, and I hope it doesn't take too long to get to that point.

IhabX7

I really wonder how anyone could still consider him to be a top anything, top midfielder, top playmaker, whatever. With such poor balance, agility and average close control, he has almost no option when put under pressure besides ridiculous passes or feeble attempts to win a foul. No playmaker has ever excelled at the top level with so many deficiencies in such a key area.
I agree with your description of him at the moment. He wasn’t like that when we were all raving about him earlier in his United career. But you’ll find that this deterioration in ability is something that happened to too many good players we’ve signed over the last decade for it to be a coincidence.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's been like this for over a year at least. That new contract was beyond stupid.

He even had like 3 or 4 years left and we still 'needed to protect his value'. He was on moderate wages before too. No we needed to bump him up to massive wages.

Brwned

I agree with your description of him at the moment. He wasn’t like that when we were all raving about him earlier in his United career. But you’ll find that this deterioration in ability is something that happened to too many good players we’ve signed over the last decade for it to be a coincidence.
No doubt this is a terrible place to be right now (and I’d be worried about my career dying here if I was in De Jong’s position) but I really think you’ll struggle to find him showing any of those skills when he first joined. He had a sharper touch than now but it was never exceptional, and it needs to be exceptional to compensate for a lack of all three relevant physical traits (balance, strength, agility). It’s a glaring weakness for an attacking midfielder. People just focused on other things.

fallengt

He had been shit even before they gave him new contract.
It's sad that we don't have the luxury to drop him.

Judas

Open to offers
Questioned the new contract, questioned how he'd work in a Ten Hag team. I just really find him a bit of a nuisance these days. So wasteful with the ball, always seems in a hurry.

matt23

He's a mediocre footballer who people elevated for the role of a messiah because they're a bit simple.
I agree he's proving himself to be mediocre but I think it was simply his attitude and fight that won a lot of people over to be fair. He stood out in a team absolutely full of players with piss poor mentality who were happy to cruise.

IhabX7

No doubt this is a terrible place to be right now (and I’d be worried about my career dying here if I was in De Jong’s position) but I really think you’ll struggle to find him showing any of those skills when he first joined. He had a sharper touch than now but it was never exceptional, and it needs to be exceptional to compensate for a lack of all three relevant physical traits (balance, strength, agility). It’s a glaring weakness for an attacking midfielder. People just focused on other things.
No he was clearly better in every aspect. I think he’s a player from a long list of players who have lost their drive after a while of playing for us. Right now it looks worrying and he should be dropped. Maybe that will rekindle something in him. I don’t know anymore.

Water Melon

Wasteful as usual. A ridiculous decision it was to extend his contract on mega bucks.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He's been like this for over a year at least. That new contract was beyond stupid.

He even had like 3 or 4 years left and we still 'needed to protect his value'. He was on moderate wages before too. No we needed to bump him up to massive wages.
It made no sense, he'd been poor for a while. We're clearly hoping he gets back into form, because as is, he wouldn't start.

DSG

Feel that Bruno is the least of our problems.

He was very good for 18 months, now he’s off it… Our transition from midfield to the attacking phase is our biggest weakness, and that’s McFred. I still think Bruno can come good, but he needs midfield pairings that cover his weaknesses.

Brwned

No he was clearly better in every aspect. I think he’s a player from a long list of players who have lost their drive after a while of playing for us. Right now it looks worrying and he should be dropped. Maybe that will rekindle something in him. I don’t know anymore.
I don’t know how you think he could be better in every aspect when his physique hasn’t changed at all and most of those are physical traits

IhabX7

I don’t know how you think he could be better in every aspect when his physique hasn’t changed at all and most of those are physical traits
They aren't entirely physical, nothing is in football. Confidence and morale play a huge role in every department. I'm not saying he's a master of any of those abilities/traits, but he certainly was much better than this.I'm not entirely sure if this is reversible though, which is the worrying part for him and others.
We have a bunch of players that are like boxers who tasted defeat and never bounced back. Mentally shot.

redshaw

He is just as bad as Mct and Fred. I'm not joking.

That's one large aspect we need to address. We have three players in midfield shitting the bed. Maybe if we had two good ones we can accommodate Bruno's weaknesses but all three we have are rock bottom and are full of similar mistakes and weak play.

saik

Remember all those comparisons with De Bruyne? Oh those were the days. Now, he was never on the level of De Bruyne but he was still a good player. Now he looks like he can barely kick the ball right. That chance in the first half, it was criminal not even getting the shot on target.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He was good for the first 12 months. Hasn’t been the same player since. He is just a passenger nowadays who gives away the ball way tooooo often because he tries too hard and plays some outlandish balls. Get Ruben Neves and Fabian Ruiz. Bench Fernandes. Start Eriksen, Neves and Ruiz in a midfield 3. Can’t be worse than the dross we have now.

-Supreme-

Can’t blame Woodward and Ole on this decision

Murtough has got to be responsible