Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

patty123

And then there is the Top Red brigade that will call out any fans criticizing the club or how it's run and no matter how bad things are will sit on their high horse and blindly eat every shit that is served to them. Would say ca 35% of "the folks here".
And then there's the gloryhunters who I'd say make up 40% of people here who demand we pay whatever selling clubs seek and think its like going into a shop to buy a 1/4 of bon bons when buying players and think we have some divine right to be winning trophies season after season.

Godfather

And then there's the gloryhunters who I'd say make up 40% of people here who demand we pay whatever selling clubs seek and think its like going into a shop to buy a 1/4 of bon bons when buying players and think we have some divine right to be winning trophies season after season.
I'd say what you just described just doesn't exist. Don't think there is a single person that thinks we have a divine right to win trophies? I mean that would be crazy don't you think?

Joel - Man utd

Well lets face it, the deal is of 80+. we cant overprice like that. mata can play as 10. Then we can try in the summer for new 10

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm skeptical as well. An attacking midfielder who doesn't appear to have excellent close control/dribbling in tight spaces or physicality/burst of pace, and relies on end product (excellent numbers, but proven at a low level) - really hope this one works out as we need to get our AM signing spot on.
I’ve been consistent in my view on this one. I don’t want this player. He may we’ll improve us a bit (as has been said a number of times by his defenders in this thread, ‘he’s surely better than Lingard’) but I’m afraid of the opportunity cost of us signing him. Firstly, I’m not keen on signing a #10 at all, but secondly, I think we can sign better 10s if we indeed needed one.

Bestietom

When we overpay it is not good. When we don't overpay it is not good. What do you guys want the club to do then?
NO, I don't believe in overpaying for players. However we need players in and if negotiations had been done in the last 6 months, we would have known the situation and could have moved away to someone else.
I am sure that if we felt the water earlier on, we could have had Fernandes already here, or moved on to someone else. This fee/deal could have been settled long ago, IMO.

Alemar

And why is that? Because we reportedly refuse to pay £65m + £15m for him?
Because he didn’t agree any deals for midfielders prior to opening of the transfer window, despite our dire need. Bruno or other good player, but Woodward must have done it

United Pro

Just tap him up all the way to the summer, he's a boyhood United fan..

Maddison Fernandes
McTominay

Maddison
Fernandes Fred
Tapping him up won't make a difference to the fee Leicester will ask imo. Saying that, I can see us selling Pogba in the summer and replacing him with Maddison.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ole's obituary is being written. If we dont sign anyone this window, he's going into war with a threadbare and poor squad, and we'll finish around 8th - and he'll be sacked. We cannot concentrate on more than one player, so if this deal dies, we're done for the transfer window. Shambolic, pathetic planning yet again.
Yeh. There are like tens of thousands footballers out there. And our sophisticated scout system only come with Bruno as the "right player" to pursue in this window, when we're in dire need. Conveniently he was offered since last summer, and now at the price (Ed think) United shouldn't pay. And we only started "negotiation" when the window was opened.

The whole thing is just so stupid and scream incompetence.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just got the can't take the strain message, thought something had happened :lol:

Godfather

Why be in any camp rather than look at things objectively somewhat.
Don't think anyone is trying to be in "a camp" actively. It just happens you are rather a guy that sees things in a more positive light or in a negative one. To look at things just objectively with a passion like a football club is pretty much impossible don't you think. Any opinion will have at least to a certain extent subjective elements. But to straight out call out any criticism of the club especially when it's in a state like this is straight out idiotic. On the other hand to never have a single good word to say about the club is too, I agree.

dove

Because he didn’t agree any deals for midfielders prior to opening of the transfer window, despite our dire need. Bruno or other good player, but Woodward must have done it
You make it sound like it's as easy as going to supermarket to buy some apples. Do you know any available "good" players who would definitely be worth spending £65m+ ? If we spend some ridiculous amount of money on someone who "would be an upgrade to Lingard" then I would rather we don't. Spending money is hardly an issue post SAF, spending it wisely 100% is and panic buying someone will just make things worse.

el3mel

Give me one reason for any glory hunter to still be supporting us 7 years of being crap and not challenging for major trophies. If United had any glory hunters fans, they had left long time ago.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Some of you are infuriating. We can't have clubs trying to mug us and ask for enormous fees, you guys are so insufferable for blaming OUR CLUB in these cases, it's the Sporting that's been horrible.
How do you know it's Sporting that's being horrible? All we are going by is tabloid extracts which are 99% BS and the other 1% is probably news leaked by us (or Sporting) to save face. Have you noticed that we are looking at a DOF once again? This is classic United to deflect from any possible fallout if the Bruno deal falls through.

You put the blame 100% on Sporting but isn't it also possible that we gave them such a lowball offer that Sporting have said feck you and increased Brunos value? I'm more inclined to think along these lines than Sporting increased the value for no reason at all. Clubs don't suddenly increase the value during transfer talks unless they feel like they're being insulted by offers being made by the buying club.

Ban

To be honest, if this is true, then we are a joke. 50 million EUROS? How could we ever hope Sporting would accept that? Doubt this is true though, that would be straight out madness.
What's wrong with 50 million euros?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is a narrative i do not get. We would do business at £60m but not at £68m?

I mean, come on. This is Perisic all over again.
What do you mean £68 million? That’s not what I’ve seen quoted?

All I have read is either the £48 million up front with add ons, or it has now gone up to £60 million up front at least plus add ons. That’s why I’m saying we are absolutely right to walk away, because that is just Sporting taking the piss if true.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
if we get slapped at Anfield lets see if the board still walk away.
It's this kind of reactionary thinking that got the club into this mess. Todays result should have no bearing on it at all. It's one game, and luckily for us virtually a free hit given yesterday's results.

We have a valuation of the player and dont want to get ripped off. Right now in the United forum the thread is ripping Ole for 'wasting' 80m on Maguire

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Im starting not to care at this point
Its probably best now to see what happens,which is looking like nothing will on a positive note.

But,hey I thought at best we'll bring in a loan midfielder and I'm sticking to that prediction.

el3mel

Aldo doesn't include addons.
These add-ons can be impossible to achieve, like him winning Ballon D'Or, us winning CL or at our current state even winning the league. It can be a bonus if he scores 25 goals a season which is something they can't control, so the idea of them accepting any ads on doesn't make sense.

At the moment they know we are desperate for a midfielder and doesn't look we are targeting anyone else beside him so they will hold firm on their stance and keep asking for 70-80m. No reason for them to drop it.

Godfather

What's wrong with 50 million euros?
That was never going to be enough. They rejected offers of 45 just last summer. Their best player for two seasons, a Portugal international, and we come up with a 42 mill pound offer after spanking out 80 mill for Harry fecking Maguire?

Very hard to believe anyway. Don't think we even tried at this price.

dove

It's this kind of reactionary thinking that got the club into this mess. Todays result should have no bearing on it at all. It's one game, and luckily for us virtually a free hit given yesterday's results.

We have a valuation of the player and dont want to get ripped off. Right now in the United forum the thread is ripping Ole for 'wasting' 80m on Maguire
Because we were ripped off for him. It's not Ole's fault of course but Maguire is not £80m player, certainly not £80m upgrade on Smalling. If we give up and pay whatever Sporting asks for Bruno (£65m + £15m bonuses if we believe reports) and suddenly he doesn't perform as well as we expect him to, the first ones to call him a flop, waste of money and call Ed an idiot for paying such amount of money would be the same people who call Ed inept now for not paying it now. Typical.

spiriticon

To be honest, if this is true, then we are a joke. 50 million EUROS? How could we ever hope Sporting would accept that? Doubt this is true though, that would be straight out madness.
It's fifty million euros up front guaranteed, which is 40 odd million quid. I think that's a fair price. Then you have the add ons which takes it into the 60-70 million Euro region if Bruno comes good.

Sporting just want all that money up front. Plus even more to take it into the 80 million euro region. Feck off Sporting.

Alemar

But there were news a couple of days ago saying “the price of the transfer is agreed”. What (and why) happened since?

Godfather

It's fifty million euros up front guaranteed, which is 40 odd million quid. I think that's a fair price. Then you have the add ons which takes it into the 60-70 million Euro region if Bruno comes good.

Sporting just want all that money up front. Plus even more to take it into the 80 million euro region. Feck off Sporting.
If we believe the reports then these "addons" are a joke as well and pretty much non achievable. 60 - 70 mill euros up front for him would be a fair price in my opinion. Would make it 50 - 60 million pounds.

I mean what do people expect? And what do people believe would cost us a Maddison? He could cost us 20 million more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.