Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
> Negotiations hit a snag over asking price
> Sporting invoke a rival to kickstart bargaining

Come on lads, we are veterans of the transfer muppetry by now.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Anyone else feel like the club is frozen by past mistakes that they're now unwilling to go in for players that have any sort of question mark hanging over them?

arthurka

This club needs a reboot fast.
Ed and the Glazers have turned us into hazardous environment.
We will get some old feckers in on loan for the rest of the season.

thomas porter

for the life of me I can't understand how we haven't got this deal done already.

1. Sporting need to sell.
2. The player wants to come to United.
3. We desperately need a center midfielder.

How is Ed Woodward still in charge? I just don't get it and am beyond frustrated with how our club is being run.

cyberman

for the life of me I can't understand how we haven't got this deal done already.

1. Sporting need to sell.
2. The player wants to come to United.
3. We desperately need a center midfielder.

How is Ed Woodward still in charge? I just don't get it and am beyond frustrated with how our club is being run.
Sporting came to us and doubled their evaluation overnight. Its ridiulous from them, why even approach us at all?
Nobody is paying that for Bruno. Why is Ed the bad guy for refusing to follow through on a universially acknowledged bad deal?
Sporting have made a pigs ear of this and he is the answer to their financial woes that they think he is.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
So Sporting are briefing City's 'interest' to panic us into action? That's what I'd take from the latest PR developments.

joedirt87

Do Sporting really need to sell him. If they are so desperate to sell him, why is he still playing for them. Wouldn’t they have taken Spurs offer, since it was the only concrete bid they got.

GiddyUp

Sporting came to us and doubled their evaluation overnight. Its ridiulous from them, why even approach us at all?
Nobody is paying that for Bruno. Why is Ed the bad guy for refusing to follow through on a universially acknowledged bad deal?
Sporting have made a pigs ear of this and he is the answer to their financial woes that they think he is.
6 years of malfeasance is why Ed is the bad guy. Why can Sporting carry on like this? Because Ed and Judge are soft touches. Even when they walk away from a deal the selling club know they will come right back and pay the money they were asking for in the first place.

Gator Nate

Right. And that, after last week insisting Bruno play against Benfica. Sporting might actually be worse at this transfer thing than Ed...

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
I really don’t think United is interested in buying Bruno or any other player, anytime the team loses we have Bruno in the news, they bring that back all the time so the fans “forget “ how shit the team is.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So Sporting are briefing City's 'interest' to panic us into action? That's what I'd take from the latest PR developments.
I doubt it's even that, as it's only being reported in once place.

I think it's just bullshit. But because it's 'negative' news for United, it's being treated as gospel around here.

Fingeredmouse

6 years of malfeasance is why Ed is the bad guy. Why can Sporting carry on like this? Because Ed and Judge are soft touches. Even when they walk away from a deal the selling club know they will come right back and pay the money they were asking for in the first place.
Malfeasance? He may well be shit but I don't think he's committed a crime.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Alabaster Codify7

City need to focus on a CB in January, not another CAM of which they've got about 10,000 who are very good. Fake news, I reckon.

theklr

In the squad tomorrow and assistant manager saying he is motivated to play.
Hard to keep faith in this tbh.

Joseunited

I watched the Sporting/Benfica game but there's no way i'll be watching this one.No point, it's not gonna happen anyway.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You lot still going?

I don’t think this was ever on, we were offered a player at a silly price and we looked into it but ultimately declined.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Still 50/50 which of our classic scenarios this will be

1) Totally nothing in it, massive media fabrication, or using our name to hype interest/wage increases up
2) Massive surge of stories about a deal, seems close, goes totally quiet, we string it out to the last min, before massively over paying.

Red_toad

Is like ground hog window day in this thread. Had it all summer long, now here it is again and thus far it’s all been hot air and bullsturd.
Nothing to see here just a club using our name to market their only saleable asset who they’ve put an overly large transfer fee on, that no one will pay, just like in the summer.

fergiesarmy1

Is like ground hog window day in this thread. Had it all summer long, now here it is again and thus far it’s all been hot air and bullsturd.
Nothing to see here just a club using our name to market their only saleable asset who they’ve put an overly large transfer fee on, that no one will pay, just like in the summer.
I thought the player had already agreed terms though unless that is bullshit, if so I wouldn’t think it’s all bluster, Sporting just want to get as much as they can and given who they are dealing with I wouldn’t blame them and therein lies the problem. Ed is now known for being a soft touch.

Judas

Open to offers
Looks dead in the water. Genuinely amazed this club finds new ways to look stupid every day. Imagine saying you don't want a player in the summer, to then go for him in January to seemingly walk away when the play wants to come.

What honestly the feck are we doing :lol:

romufc

Looks dead in the water. Genuinely amazed this club finds new ways to look stupid every day. Imagine saying you don't want a player in the summer, to then go for him in January to seemingly walk away when the play wants to come.

What honestly the feck are we doing :lol:
Some people would think we are running a well run business here.

I just cannot believe Ed has absolutely no pressure.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Come on Pex, you out??
I was never really in mate. I think we’ve always evaluated him as squad player quality and we are not looking to spend our budget on a player that we don’t expect to be first choice in 3 months time let alone 12.

Judas

Open to offers
I was never really in mate. I think we’ve always evaluated him as squad player quality and we are not looking to spend our budget on a player that we don’t expect to be first choice in 3 months time let alone 12.
I kind of think this is true too. We don't want to blow our beans on this deal and then be woefully short in the summer. We'd have him if we could get him for what we consider a reasonable fee, but it just isn't looking like we can.

But still thats us fecked for the season, and next season because we're going to struggle badly to get the players we want in the summer, unless there's some drastic changes on the pitch and elsewhere.

It's poor little Bruno I feel sorry for, imagine being stuck in that league getting priced out of a move every window. Poor bugger.

theklr

Well , as long as we dont get the «no value in the market» or «player didnt want to come» press brief , they are still negotiating.

At this point I just want the uncertainty to be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.