Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Agreed, but you can see why people would be apprehensive about spending £35m from the Croatian league. I don't see why we would be at this point in time though.
Modrić started in the Croatian league. As the majority of Croatian national team. Not to mention Olmo came to Dinamo from La Masia.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agreed, but you can see why people would be apprehensive about spending £35m from the Croatian league. I don't see why we would be at this point in time though.
To be fair, he is a Spanish international now.
He was a star in the U21 Euros alongside bigger names like Ceballos and Fabian Ruiz, he's done very well in the CL this year against difficult teams like City and Shakthar.

For 30m is there genuinely a better / more versatile player available right now? It's baffling he doesn't have more suitors.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
To be fair, he is a Spanish international now.
Modrić started in the Croatian league. As the majority of Croatian national team. Not to mention Olmo came to Dinamo from La Masia.
He was a star in the U21 Euros alongside bigger names like Ceballos and Fabian Ruiz, he's done very well in the CL this year against difficult teams like City and Shakthar.

For 30m is there genuinely a better / more versatile player available right now? It's baffling he doesn't have more suitors.
I agree with all of this, but there must be something about the price putting people off.

spiriticon

If Bruno is the One that is going to solve all our midfield problems, let's just pay the fee Sporting wants and be done with this. Even if it means we dip into our summer transfer budget and sign no more midfielders in the summer.

If we don't think he is the One, let's just say thanks for the discussions and wrap this up with a club statement stating we are no longer interested in him for the future.

We need make a decision about this at some point rather than play a 2 year long 'maybe, maybe not' game. I don't want this saga to drag beyond this transfer window.

HowYouDoin

Lets go for Olmo. 45 million for a young up and coming player that plays for the Spanish national team is a good piece of business.
Lets go for Olmo. Much rather have Olmo for 45 million than Madisson for 80.

Bestietom

Lets go for Olmo. 45 million for a young up and coming player that plays for the Spanish national team is a good piece of business.
Lets go for Olmo. Much rather have Olmo for 45 million than Madisson for 80.
I thought he made it clear that he is staying put for 1 more year.

OleTheGreat

I hope we make a few signings that can really change the midfield in this team. We're really struggling out there and if something happens to Fred, we're totally screwed. If we manage to sign Fernandes, we'll have a great midfield trio in a month's time. Pogba, Fernandes and Fred sitting deep will enhance our playing style and we'll go more into the opposition half and get on their hair. We need to boss midfield to win any match and i guess Fernandes is crucial for that now. We cannot let off Pogba for any reason because i think he will still like to play for us and is a proper professional. If we manage to get Grealish or Maddison in the summer with Fernandes already in the squad, it is certain Pogba will leave.

passing-wind

Croatian sports paper SN are saying Wolves are offering 25 mil euros for Dani Olmo.
Why are we not as a club sanctioning such moves. Olmo one of the best U21 prospect in world football but somehow isn't being identified as so by our new revised "transfer strategy".

EdinburghDevil

He isn't. Much as I want him here, we still need another deeper lying CM at least. Bruno is only a solution to our lack of creativity.
Exactly this, he isn't going to solve all our problems. We need a number of transfer windows to go well for the club. Bruno will hopefully be another step in the right direction.

Bestietom

I hope we make a few signings that can really change the midfield in this team. We're really struggling out there and if something happens to Fred, we're totally screwed. If we manage to sign Fernandes, we'll have a great midfield trio in a month's time. Pogba, Fernandes and Fred sitting deep will enhance our playing style and we'll go more into the opposition half and get on their hair. We need to boss midfield to win any match and i guess Fernandes is crucial for that now. We cannot let off Pogba for any reason because i think he will still like to play for us and is a proper professional. If we manage to get Grealish or Maddison in the summer with Fernandes already in the squad, it is certain Pogba will leave.
As Matic pointed out we dictated midfield in last half hour yesterday, but the creativity let us down. Getting Fernandes will certainly improve us, but we also need another forward.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
As Matic pointed out we dictated midfield in last half hour yesterday, but the creativity let us down. Getting Fernandes will certainly improve us, but we also need another forward.
I think Liverpool let us tbf, they sat back.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bruno Fernandes is basically going to be Pogba's replacement. It's an improvement on this season, as Pogbas been out all year, but weakening us overall still as he isnt as good as Pogba. But it's a start.

Godfather

It's really frustrating reading all these comments about how player X and Y won't make it here or why they are not worth spending money on because they play in a different league. The best players the PL has ever seen have come from other leagues.

OleTheGreat

Bruno Fernandes is basically going to be Pogba's replacement. It's an improvement on this season, as Pogbas been out all year, but weakening us overall still as he isnt as good as Pogba. But it's a start.
He's certainly not as good as Pogba but i want him to play alongside Pogba because i think he can easily emulate Pogba and they'll just take do those little things together in midfield with Fred deep and i think we can see a new generation of United stars taking over the PL again. Matic, Mctominay can take their places while playing smaller teams.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
A little credit please, They were pushed back.
Why couldn’t they do that in the first hour then? Liverpool either tired as the game went on, or they retreated to protect their lead. Probably a mixture of both.

Bestietom

Why couldn’t they do that in the first hour then? Liverpool either tired as the game went on, or they retreated to protect their lead. Probably a mixture of both.
We did for the first 10/12 minutes. McTominay and Rashford would have made a huge difference. A few more TOP players and we would be competing with them. They are looking good but not a GREAT team yet, although they have the league sewn up.

ReddBalls

I think Liverpool let us tbf, they sat back.
Fred and Matic was never the problem against Liverpool. Problem was that every attack broke down when Pereira got the ball to his feet. The attackers stopped moving, because they knew he wasn't able to get the ball to them. Mata being introduced instead of him helped a lot.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
This thread has gone to shit, about 10 different conversations on every topic but Bruno. Probably won't happen now.

Judas

Open to offers
The bullshit City link might be the most obvious desperate attempt at getting us to pay up I've ever seen. If its even coming from Portugal that is. Either way its nonsense.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
All this city noise is from one source saying they've bid 100m euros. Which is 20m more than the BBC are saying they want and 30m more than anyone else is saying.

Safe to say it's absolute bollocks.

romufc

We did for the first 10/12 minutes. McTominay and Rashford would have made a huge difference. A few more TOP players and we would be competing with them. They are looking good but not a GREAT team yet, although they have the league sewn up.
Exactly, we would have had more quality on the ball, and better runs off it too.

They look like a good team, every team that wins the league needs luck and they have had it. How many times have they been 1-0 up and there have been very good chances for opponents to score and they fluff it.

We will see if they are a GREAT team, if they can go again for another season without key players being injured.

Alot of Liverpool fans talk about their players being injured but it is different having Ox, keita, Matip, Lovren being injured to Mane, VVD, Salah, Trent or even Robbo.

Bestietom

Exactly, we would have had more quality on the ball, and better runs off it too.

They look like a good team, every team that wins the league needs luck and they have had it. How many times have they been 1-0 up and there have been very good chances for opponents to score and they fluff it.

We will see if they are a GREAT team, if they can go again for another season without key players being injured.

Alot of Liverpool fans talk about their players being injured but it is different having Ox, keita, Matip, Lovren being injured to Mane, VVD, Salah, Trent or even Robbo.
They will win it this season and we won't hear the end of it for the whole year. Next season when other teams improve, we will see how they fare.

romufc

They will win it this season and we won't hear the end of it for the whole year. Next season when other teams improve, we will see how they fare.
Yep, I really hope they fail next year because all I hear from mates is:

1. You are toxic
2. We have the best ever PL team
3. Best manager
4. Best Recruitment
5. Our players are happy with an adequate wage

Some of them might be true, but what I have learnt from success is that when you are winning, everything in your club, around the club is perfect.

Once on the pitch you struggle, all the flaws will come to light. Lets hope thats what happens.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Yep, I really hope they fail next year because all I hear from mates is:

1. You are toxic
2. We have the best ever PL team
3. Best manager
4. Best Recruitment
5. Our players are happy with an adequate wage

Some of them might be true, but what I have learnt from success is that when you are winning, everything in your club, around the club is perfect.

Once on the pitch you struggle, all the flaws will come to light. Lets hope thats what happens.
Let them have it. Its their time to give it back to us. They've all had to smell our farts for the last 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.