Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranchero

We are now desperate and Sporting and every other club will know it.

While we brought players in in the summer they were all defenders and again that gaping creative hole in midfield is not filled. And wasnt been for years.

If i was to look at Bruno and compare to Grealish, i would say the biggest gamble is the Portuguese international because he has not done it in the Prem. Having said that, everything is a gamble to a certain extent and we are heading again towards 'Desperation Saloon'.

Plus with Lukaku gone and not replaced we are in a crisis situation for at least two months up front with Rashford injured. Cavani is in the last six months at PSG and itching for a move. Why we are not camped out in Paris even before Rashford's injury is beyond me.

Getting fed up with the state of the club that is closest to my heart is depressing and boring. Yet i will still introduce my seven-year-old to Old Trafford at the next home game after the transfer window is slammed shut.

Just what kind of mess of a side we will have, i shudder to think.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
He's just had injuries. He played for Porto's first team at 18 and he made 23 appearances for us last year.
"Played" may be a bit of exaggeration. He had 6 measly appearances in Porto's first team. Hardly a qualification for dropping him into United's first team.

I wouldn't bother mate. I tired explaining that in another thread about Dalot, but I think some posters have just decided he's crap and that's that.
Maybe people have decided he's not good enough because they watched his game and it was crap? If 2/3 of the time he's injured and 1/3 of the time he plays - it's bad, what exactly do you expect? Tell me when exactly he impressed you, because I've watched all of his games with us and don't remember a single high quality performance. Somehow I don't feel the same about Williams, even though he is young and not without mistakes.

Anyway, the original point was about the dire state of our scouting department, in the context of us having no good, affordable alternatives to Bruno.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
hes really promising, but bloody hell hes so injury prone. he and the club must sort that out or else he'll never amount to anything at united.
Last I'll say on the matter, don't want to derail the thread, but that tends to happen with younger players as they're growing and understanding their body's limits. I have faith he'll be a good player for us - unsure if that will be at RB though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Reports today that City are preparing to gazump United and will offer £80M, compared to United's bid of less than Spurs offered in the Summer..... :lol: :lol:
Yeah, don't believe that for a moment. Clearly a leak from Sporting trying to scare us.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Maybe people have decided he's not good enough because they watched his game and it was crap? If 2/3 of the time he's injured and 1/3 of the time he plays - it's bad, what exactly do you expect? Tell me when exactly he impressed you, because I'be watched all of his games with us and don't remember a single high quality performance. Somehow I don't feel the same about Williams, even though he is young and not without mistakes.
Really? So the amount of games a kid, who has moved another country at the age of 19 and struggling with injuries, is large enough for you to make the assessment that he's crap? Sound.

NewGlory

He's worth that much to Leicester. He's their main playmaker that could guarantee them CL. Us bidding 80m is frankly an insult and shouldn't be taken seriously.
That is fair, but he is not worth to us that much (or probably to anybody else) so – no reason for us to even bid anything.

NewGlory

Really? So the amount of games a kid, who has moved another country at the age of 19 and struggling with injuries, is large enough for you to make the assessment that he's crap? Sound.
Let's move on. This is not a Dalot topic. I can remind you in 3-4 years, when he's still nobody, unless you want to wait his entire career for him to bloom or something.

BlueHaze

We are haggling over the price when we have a full blown crisis in terms of injuries. Parasite owners will once again get away with spending nothing due to "no value"

Not only should Bruno be signed but 3 others added to that. Joke club.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I'm feeling quite a flat muppet today, I need a big injection of hope and belief.
If you like, I'll create a fake Twitter account claiming to work for the BBC and tweet that it'll be done in 48 hours?

ROFLUTION

Brandt for example is having trouble adjusting at Dortmund and has been vocal about it. Probably would be worth around 20-30m in the current market. I'd rather take a punt on him for example than Bruno at 70-75m pounds. There are loads of players that can improve us that aren't worth 70m.

Yes, sure you need to get the 50m+ ones right too, but those come at a bigger risk than the 20-30m ones.
Why would you take Brandt if he cant cut it at Dortmund? United is a much larger stage and the pressure is something different.

Im 110% for Bruno Fernandes. Right age, heaps of passing/shooting skills, can play fast, has vision, seems controlled and composed and looks like a very determined player who wants to win.

These are the signings Fergie made all the time - buy a hungry player just on the brink of breaking through. Not a Sanchez or a broken player.

I dont get why people call Bruno a panic buy. He fits our needs and is not a diva neither.

NewGlory

If Madrid bid 80m for Rashford, won't you think that's an insult?
It would not be an insult, it would just be rejected.

But what I would like to know is: how is Leicester's recruiting able to keep finding troves of top-talent like Maddison ($11.40m), Maguire ($9.12m), Kante ($5.13m), Mahrez ($855k) and others who they are able to mark up 5x-10x in matter of couple years? I am not even going to mention Vardy, since he's an anomaly – but they found him, not us. Meanwhile, our much larger recruitment has not been able to find even a SINGLE unknown player that would be an instant success. How is this OK?

Maybe we should use some of the millions we have to poach Leicester's recruiters, and fire the lazy, clueless bums we have?

Last edited:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Rashford injury and Liverpool defeat only pushes the price up as Sporting know we are desperate.

If we don’t sign at least 2 players this window it’s a fecking farce but I’m really starting to believe we won’t buy anybody. Yet another champion window from are Woodward.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't know if he's better or not. Maddison best season is 9 goals in PL.
Yeah, in the premier league being the key part. If we're signing him we better be spending on someone of similar or better quality.

JoaquinJoaquin

If the club have no money and are looking for a more budget friendly option than just go and get Dani Olmo

jackal&hyde

It would be a bit of an embarrassment if we don't make it happen. Good player that we need badly and want's to come, and could make the difference between CL and Europa.

AneRu

Why would you take Brandt if he cant cut it at Dortmund? United is a much larger stage and the pressure is something different.

Im 110% for Bruno Fernandes. Right age, heaps of passing/shooting skills, can play fast, has vision, seems controlled and composed and looks like a very determined player who wants to win.

These are the signings Fergie made all the time - buy a hungry player just on the brink of breaking through. Not a Sanchez or a broken player.

I dont get why people call Bruno a panic buy. He fits our needs and is not a diva neither.
And people are forgetting that we don't need or expect him to match his Portuguese League output, if he does that would be a bonus, we need someone that sees and and has the ability to make passes that Pereira and Lingard can't and who will score from positions that the those two fail to. The goals he would score plus the better passing we would benefit from in that position will get us more points.

The narrative that we can't spend 65m on him because that would eat into the budget for Maddison/Grealish moves is based on nothing more than delusional optimism. If we stay as we are we won't get CL football and those two players, Maddison in particular, will have other options than risking their career on the joke that is Woodward's United. Why would Maddison leave the chance to play in the CL for a team on the up and come in for a slow motion rebuild that is stated will take several windows before the manager can be evaluated when he can play in the CL and earn himself a move to City, Pool, Real etc?

In my view, if our scouts are convinced that he can translate his skills to the PL, then we buy him and ignore the likes of Maddison/Grealish and spend the remainder of the season laying the groundwork for the signing of Matic's replacement and a RW.

JoaquinJoaquin

Croatian sports paper SN are saying Wolves are offering 25 mil euros for Dani Olmo.
This is why I can't get with the 'no value in the market' rubbish. There are players available like this at a cheaper rate, it's just our scouts are awful.

ROFLUTION

And people are forgetting that we don't need or expect him to match his Portuguese League output, if he does that would be a bonus, we need someone that sees and and has the ability to make passes that Pereira and Lingard can't and who will score from positions that the those two fail to. The goals he would score plus the better passing we would benefit from in that position will get us more points.

The narrative that we can't spend 65m on him because that would eat into the budget for Maddison/Grealish moves is based on nothing more than delusional optimism. If stay as we are we won't get CL football and those two players, Maddison in particular, will have other options than risking their career on the joke that is Woodward's United. Why would Maddison leave the chance to play in the CL for a team on the up and come in for a slow motion rebuild that is stated will take several windows before the manager can be evaluated when he can play in the CL and earn himself a move to City, Pool, Real etc?

In my view, if our scouts are convinced that he can translate his skills to the PL, then we buy him and ignore the likes of Maddison/Grealish and spend the remainder of the season laying the groundwork for the signing of Matic's replacement and a RW.
Completely agree.

People forget that there's also an english-player tax on the likes of Maddison and Grealish.

The 3 players are about the same quality (Personally I like Fernandes and Grealish most), but one costs less than the two others.

I remember Laudrup doing the same at Swansea. Instead of going for all the expensive english players, he went for technical spanish players like Michu for half the price. Allowed him more players of quality.

It's the same template we should go for now that we already have a british core established in Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Rashford (and upcoming ones in McT, Williams, Greenwood). It was the same we did with Vidic and Evra - talented foreign players, from clubs where they wouldn't cost a fortune like the english equivalent would. Had they failed, it wouldn't have been a 90m Maddison fail neither. If Bruno fails, there's still 30m to spend at another player/talent.

Go for Grealish too if he still has that release-clause, but to me Maddison is stupid money, when we need the money for reinforcements elsewhere and can get the same quality in Bruno.

Last edited:

ravi2

How are we not after Olmo if he's potentially that cheap?! :lol: surely we must be.

This club will be the death of me.
Like Minamino, Ed and the gang probably have no idea what his release clause actually is

choccy77

Yeah, in the premier league being the key part. If we're signing him we better be spending on someone of similar or better quality.
A club of our size, should have been prepared and began negotiations early, so the players can arrive in the early part of January.

It's really pathetic TBH

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
How are we not after Olmo if he's potentially that cheap?! :lol: surely we must be.

This club will be the death of me.
He's not that cheap, that's why he's not moved. I'm pretty sure they want about 30-40m

AneRu

:D No doubt. But it will still be cheaper than the 90-100m Leicester will want for Maddison and the 70 odd Villa will probably ask for Grealish.
Correct and if we as a club were serious we'd blow Wolves out of the water and get the player but Woodward and Judge will go in offering the same 25m euros and whine to the press that his club and agent wanted too much money.

the chameleon

Definitely not a panic buy. We need to get this guy. There is no player in our team with his attributes and you could clearly see that yesterday. Imagine, Bruno Fernandes' vision instead of Pereira yesterday?

I'm sure we can meet somewhere in the middle, unless Sporting are saying £80m or else.

All of this is that bozo Woodward's doing.

AneRu

Completely agree.

People forget that there's also an english-player tax on the likes of Maddison and Grealish.

The 3 players are about the same quality (Personally I like Fernandes and Grealish most), but one costs less than the two others.

I remember Laudrup doing the same at Swansea. Instead of going for all the expensive english players, he went for technical spanish players like Michu for half the price. Allowed him more players of quality.

It's the same template we should go for now that we already have a british core established in Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Rashford (and upcoming ones in McT, Williams, Greenwood). It was the same we did with Vidic and Evra - talented foreign players, from clubs where they wouldn't cost a fortune like the english equivalent would. Had they failed, it wouldn't have been a 90m Maddison fail neither. If Bruno fails, there's still 30m to spend at another player/talent.

Go for Grealish too if he still has that release-clause, but to me Maddison is stupid money, when we need the money for reinforcements elsewhere and can get the same quality in Bruno.
True and its not like we are getting the money from a sovereign wealth fund, it would be useless to spend 120m on Maddison whilst not bringing in also bringing in a DM at the very least. I feel that if we offer 60m pounds plus add ons Sporting will bite and with good scouting we can line up a very good DM for around 40m - 50m.

Steven-UK

True and its not like we are getting the money from a sovereign wealth fund, it would be useless to spend 120m on Maddison whilst not bringing in also bringing in a DM at the very least. I feel that if we offer 60m pounds plus add ons Sporting will bite and with good scouting we can line up a very good DM for around 40m - 50m.
Good scouting? :confused:

This is the new Manchester United, nothing is good about our scouting, and even when we identify a player, it is announced on social media 2 months in advance for the world and their teams to come in and take any player we are interested in buying, and for those that are not interested in the players we are looking at, they then leave us to blatantly over-pay.

Who is their right minds would want to come and play with this team of dross we have now...knowing full well we need at least another 5/6 players that will never arrive..... and those that do are coming for money only, not the badge.

The club is royally fooked from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.