Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

He’s having a laugh with his valuation. Also Felix is an anomaly. If Atletico aren’t certain they are getting Griezmann money that fee doesn’t get paid.

Gandalf

You keep using Mings as an example but that's not realistic. The premier league is it's own bubble. Our teams can afford to reject 20m+ for average players if they want too. Other countries cannot do that. Just because that happened doesn't mean you should expect extra for all players.
That Mings deal keeps getting inflated as well. The fee Villa paid was 20m in instalments. There are add ons which if all are met could bring the total price to 26.5m but these include Villa getting into Europe and Mings playing for England, neither of which is particularly likely. The talk of 30m is just not true at all.

Now I would be ok with a total value of 70m on the Bruno deal if it is 50m up front with 20m in add ons including if we win the treble and if he wins the Ballon D'or.

Eric's Seagull

But how do you expect to see more of Gomes if we plan to play Lingard and Mata as a CAM instead? Also, Bruno Fernandes may also play there if he joins, and Alexis can play there as well (let alone Pogba if Ole chooses this tactics). Personally, I would wholeheartedly support giving Gomes many games this season - but where should he play? We have more than 10 midfielders and rumours of more of them coming...
I would play him before Lingard or Mata and in my opinion. Sanchez shouldn't even get a look in. 1 league goal all last season is abysmal.

Alemar

I would play him before Lingard or Mata and in my opinion. Sanchez shouldn't even get a look in. 1 league goal all last season is abysmal.
Unfortunately (for Angel Gomes, that is), you are not OGS... From the looks of it, the manager thinks absolutely differently and plans to play Lingard and Mata (finding a role for Alexis is another thing, but of course OGS will try to find one if he stays).

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I would take it provided that the buy back clause is realistic.
I actually think its not a bad deal. He gets constant first team experience and European experience and then you take him back when he's all polished up:D

SportingCP96

Supports
You keep using Mings as an example but that's not realistic. The premier league is it's own bubble. Our teams can afford to reject 20m+ for average players if they want too. Other countries cannot do that. Just because that happened doesn't mean you should expect extra for all players.
I undertand that but like I said if it was Benfica who were selling Bruno the minimum would be 70M. 50M for a player like Bruno in todays market is daylight robbery.

Eric's Seagull

Unfortunately (for Angel Gomes, that is), you are not OGS... From the looks of it, the manager thinks absolutely differently and plans to play Lingard and Mata (finding a role for Alexis is another thing, but of course OGS will try to find one if he stays).
If Ole plays that way like you said, I fear we are going to lose Gomes for nothing to Barca at the end of the the season, which I think will be a horrible mistake by the club. I blame Woody for not renewing his contract earlier, shambolic in my opinion. But I have faith in Ole to give him enough minutes. But being from Manchester might help us in the negotiations on a new contract. Really hope so.

romufc

If Ole plays that way like you said, I fear we are going to lose Gomes for nothing to Barca at the end of the the season, which I think will be a horrible mistake by the club. I blame Woody for not renewing his contract earlier, shambolic in my opinion. But I have faith in Ole to give him enough minutes. But being from Manchester might help us in the negotiations on a new contract. Really hope so.
Agreed. If the club rate Gomes, then do not sign Bruno and give him a chance to earn his contract.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The only way he will start a single game ahead of those three is if they are all injured. He's absolutely never getting a nod over Lingard under OGS.

VintageUtd

In a Normal Market 55M would be a realistic value. In saying that this is NOT a normal Market it is inflated up the Arse.

Militao-50 Jimenez-45M Felix-"120M" Feckin Mings-"30M" If someone can give that much money to a player like Mings for example then someone could give 70M for by far the best player in Portugal.

In todays market 70M is a fair price I reckon and I also feel we would sell him for that price.

If Benfica was the team who had him he would not be sold for anything less then 70M so why would he go for less because ehe plays for Sporting. Tired of selling our players peanuts.
Joao mario sold for 36 mil silvani 30 mil silva 22 mil etc. The list goes on so wouldn't say sporting sell for peanuts. Look how these world beaters have progressed.

Infact you pulled our pants down on Rojo fee because never a footballer in a million years. The Portuguese league is poorer league and we have already got burnt with buying fred for 50 mil. Inflated or not we are not paying or worth 70 mil for bruno. Mings 20 mil will be instalments and british players are over inflated fees between british clubs.

SportingCP96

Supports
Joao mario sold for 36 mil silvani 30 mil silva 22 mil etc. The list goes on so wouldn't say sporting sell for peanuts. Look how these world beaters have progressed.

Infact you pulled our pants down on Rojo fee because never a footballer in a million years. The Portuguese league is poorer league and we have already got burnt with buying fred for 50 mil. Inflated or not we are not paying or worth 70 mil for bruno. Mings 20 mil will be instalments and british players are over inflated fees between british clubs.
Fair play but the portuguese league has a history of selling well. Lots of top players come from the Big three in Portugal.

You can't use comparison of Fred because there are not many players who leave the Ukrainian league and succeed.

Portuguese league has a rich history of providing talents to the top clubs in the world.

Rojo was never that good but we had a good negotiator in our ex president BDC.

NoPace

Haha I know the player you're talking about but his name is not Malcolm! It is Malcom :drool:

I don't think so he would be an option for us. He would be another Depay in PL or even worse. He's not top class player at all
Ah my bad.

He has the same lack of top end pace as Depay but he's definitely smarter, I think he'd give us a 7.5/10 season at RW and right now I'm expecting a 6/10

Alemar

Agreed. If the club rate Gomes, then do not sign Bruno and give him a chance to earn his contract.
If the club rates Gomes, the club needs to sell deadwood in midfield and start giving minutes to him. Bruno (if he comes) is not deadwood. Gomes will be happy with a squad role for now, and Bruno may teach him a thing or two in training also. But of course if it's Mata or Pereira taking his minutes, then he may decide to leave.

SportingCP96

Supports
All I know is the more days that pass the less likely it is that this happens I think.

romufc

If the club rates Gomes, the club needs to sell deadwood in midfield and start giving minutes to him. Bruno (if he comes) is not deadwood. Gomes will be happy with a squad role for now, and Bruno may teach him a thing or two in training also. But of course if it's Mata or Pereira taking his minutes, then he may decide to leave.

Both Mata and Perreira have just signed new contracts, so I doubt they are going anywhere.

I would like Bruno but it just means Gomes is like 4th choice so will he get game time?

Eric's Seagull

The only way he will start a single game ahead of those three is if they are all injured. He's absolutely never getting a nod over Lingard under OGS.
I would never want a player to get injured but as soon as Gomes gets his chance I hope he plays so well that Ole decides to give him an extended run in the team.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
All I know is the more days that pass the less likely it is that this happens I think.
This one has always felt more like rumors generated by the agent rather than concrete interest. I could be wrong, but there have been so many different valuations thrown around its hard to take one seriously. With AWB you knew Palace wanted 50 million, with Maguire we know Leicester want 70+ million. With this one, I have no idea how much Sporting want and how much are we prepared to pay.

SportingCP96

Supports
This one has always felt more like rumors generated by the agent rather than concrete interest. I could be wrong, but there have been so many different valuations thrown around its hard to take one seriously. With AWB you knew Palace wanted 50 million, with Maguire we know Leicester want 70+ million. With this one, I have no idea how much Sporting want and how much are we prepared to pay.
Its a strange Transfer Saga for sure because United have been "allegedly" interested since May. You would think if they really wanted him this would be over the line by now.

SATA

Poor lad. No one wants him so i guess he'll have to stay. Good news for Sporting fans though. I don't mind Sporting as a club as well, seeing we bought Ronnie and Nani from them and have always maintain good business relations

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Its a strange Transfer Saga for sure because United have been "allegedly" interested since May. You would think if they really wanted him this would be over the line by now.
Pretty much. Add to it the fact that before the season ended, he was nailed on to join City before they emphatically denied it, it does seem like Bruno's agent has been trying too hard. There may well be interest from Utd or City or other clubs, but it doesn't seem like its very concrete, otherwise as you say, someone would have signed him by now.

SportingCP96

Supports
Do you think Woody may be playing the waiting game to try to get the price down?
It’s possible he thinks Sporting will budge because they do need to sell either with Bruno or other players so maybe United is trying to force his hand.

Eric's Seagull

It’s possible he thinks Sporting will budge because they do need to sell either with Bruno or other players so maybe United is trying to force his hand.
I think he may be trying to get them to budge but that could backfire as if we are really interested the longer we leave it the more desperate they know we are and may ask for a higher price. I read somewhere somewhere Sporting would be happy to keep him. Do you know if there is any truth in this please?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think we were interested at first when Pogba was leaving, but now he seems to be staying so we've cooled off.

Perhaps Chong/Gomes have also impressed in training so he wants to give them a chance also. Most of the noise seems to be coming from Portugal as usual.

Eric's Seagull

I think we were interested at first when Pogba was leaving, but now he seems to be staying so we've cooled off.

Perhaps Chong/Gomes have also impressed in training so he wants to give them a chance also. Most of the noise seems to be coming from Portugal as usual.
The first part of the post seems sensible now Pogba is staying. Regarding the part in bold I hope this is true as I would hate to see Gomes leave for free next year.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The first part of the post seems sensible now Pogba is staying. Regarding the part in bold I hope this is true as I would hate to see Gomes leave for free next year.
Gomes seems to be a proper Manc lad, I doubt he will leave unless we make it clear he's got no future.

I hope we give him plenty of games this year, especially in Europa. He's perfect for continental football.

VintageUtd

It appears silly i know but one transfer at a time and our defence was priority. Maguire will probably be done this week 80 mil instead of the 90mil quoted and then we move onto midfield. If we get Bruno i expect the fee to be more likely 50-55 mil maybe plus one of the deadwood players loaned. Sporting already knocked back 49 mil offer but if they get greedy we will walk away. We are mainly going after british hard working hungry players who are not gonna jump ship flirt with other clubs a few years down the road.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Wouldn't surprise me if all this Bruno talk has come mainly from Portugal, although I also think we have perhaps made a tentative inquiry early in the summer, but with Gomes looking quite good in the friendlies, our interest in him may have wained a bit. Ole is not stupid, and nor is Gomes, Mata has two years on his contract, and will gradually get less games, Lingard is possibly playing around his peak, although there may be a slight improvement if the team as a whole improves. Gomes will certainly get games, and if he starts to show that he can influence a game, and be physically up for the job, I can see him replacing Lingard as first choice, possibly towards the end of season, so we may not need Bruno.

Eric's Seagull

Gomes seems to be a proper Manc lad, I doubt he will leave unless we make it clear he's got no future.

I hope we give him plenty of games this year, especially in Europa. He's perfect for continental football.
I'm glad he's from Manchester which I think is a massive plus and I think that may play a big part in him staying, as he's living the dream playing for his local club and I think he will want to prove he can make it here. Totally agree with your point in bold. Think he really deserves his chance and I think this season could be massive for him.

SportingCP96

Supports
I think he may be trying to get them to budge but that could backfire as if we are really interested the longer we leave it the more desperate they know we are and may ask for a higher price. I read somewhere somewhere Sporting would be happy to keep him. Do you know if there is any truth in this please?
The president said that if he stays he will bump up his wages significantly.

They would be more than happy to keep their best player.

pacifictheme

I think he was pogbas replacement. As the pogba rumors slowed so did these.

SportingCP96

Supports
I think he was pogbas replacement. As the pogba rumors slowed so did these.
I said this in the beginning of this thread that I dont see Bruno joining unless Pogba leaves. So there might be some truth to this.

SportingCP96

Supports
Bruno said he would “love to play in England” but it is up to the club to decide and not him.

KetilOwren88

Fair play but the portuguese league has a history of selling well. Lots of top players come from the Big three in Portugal.

You can't use comparison of Fred because there are not many players who leave the Ukrainian league and succeed.

Portuguese league has a rich history of providing talents to the top clubs in the world.

Rojo was never that good but we had a good negotiator in our ex president BDC.
True, but there are a few examples of successfull players too. Like Fernandinho, Douglas Costa, Willian, Vida and Yarmalenko. Zinchenko also played youth football in Ukraina. If we go back a few years we will find the likes of Shevchenko and Rebrov.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.