Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliche Guevara

Only way I see him really fitting is if we play him at the tip of the diamond as a false #9. Wouldn't mind the formation at all, but not completely sure if he'll make the step up. Different players obviously, but I'm slightly wary after the way João Mario was hyped.

I think he's more like De Bruyne or Lampard than any of those players.
Why not the right of a diamond? That’s more like where he plays now.

Silas

Why not the right of a diamond? That’s more like where he plays now.
Don't think there'd be balance if he and Pogba were both in the midfield. They both best suit the role of being the most advanced CM.

Cheekiey

Don't think there'd be balance if he and Pogba were both in the midfield. They both best suit the role of being the most advanced CM.
Bruno actually works hard and tracks back alot, IF Fred is disciplined enough to just sit and win back the ball which he has a knack of doing, Pogba - Fred - Bruno can work.

ti vu

Bruno actually works hard and tracks back alot, IF Fred is disciplined enough to just sit and win back the ball which he has a knack of doing, Pogba - Fred - Bruno can work.
His ball winning style relies on his mobility rather than ability to read the situation. And tracking back as like Pogba is not enough, it's the defensive ability to help out the midfield partner that matters. Remember Nani vs Valencia debate. Some people claimed Nani was not lazy to track back to help with defensive work. They were not wrong. However, Valencia was on different level when it come to defensive ability. He later was turned into a full back. That's similar here.

Cheekiey

His ball winning style relies on his mobility rather than ability to read the situation. And tracking back as like Pogba is not enough, it's the defensive ability to help out the midfield partner that matters. Remember Nani vs Valencia debate. Some people claimed Nani was not lazy to track back to help with defensive work. They were not wrong. However, Valencia was on different level when it come to defensive ability. He later was turned into a full back. That's similar here.
Then I hope the supposed other midfielder is a flat out DM, Casemiro would be ideal but i can dream. Ndidi?

ti vu

Then I hope the supposed other midfielder is a flat out DM, Casemiro would be ideal but i can dream. Ndidi?
Casemiro is the type and the quality that may allow this kind of midfield IMO. Or someone like Fernandinho. I don't think Ndidi is same type as those.

Feel more like if this signing goes through, Bruno would take place of Lingard to be the main support of the 2 forwards, while Pogba just free roaming. There would be 2 holding midfielders.

Cheekiey

Casemiro is the type and the quality that may allow this kind of midfield IMO. Or someone like Fernandinho. I don't think Ndidi is same type as those.

Feel more like if this signing goes through, Bruno would take place of Lingard to be the main support of the 2 forwards, while Pogba just free roaming. There would be 2 holding midfielders.
hmmm what about Danilo Pereira, looks great everytime i've seen him

Trying to workout what formation you mean? 4231 with Bruno on the right?

Scholsey2004

You could describe rice as that kind of player. He's very similar to Eric dier, perhaps a little more energetic.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Mmm I've seen him play a few times now, if we want to be top 3 atleast we need better than him.
How many time have the 'Caf' experts said this over the last few years?

Mane,Firmino,Modric,Erikssen etc.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Sort of signing plenty on here scoff at if its done by a rival, then he ends up being great, then the same people moan we should have signed them.
Exactly. If Liverpool sign him, there'd be tears shed on here.

scots devil

He needs to be here next season, along with a good few more, but this guy will get his fair share of goals. Don't know how many times I've watched utd. When ball breaks from a corner or free kick, just outside the box and not since Scholes have we had anyone with the technique to put the laces through it, with accuracy and consistency.

beingshe7don

Bruno has got to be high on our list of midfielders to get. Him along with Declan Rice could form a formidable partnership. Also, I would be fine with Pogba leaving. However, if we are to attract world class players here, we’ll need to have Pogba here since I’m not sure Ole is enough to attract world class talent at United.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This thread keeps getting bumped. Any concrete information out there that says we're close to getting him?

beingshe7don

Beergod has it spot on - a style that fits Pogba and Ole's vision of United may be mutually exclusive. Hopefully it's not of course, but I'd rather see us critique Paul Pogba same as everyone else rather than make a new excuse for him every 2 months.
There are couple things about Pogba which people need to understand. Pogba is our talisman and you can disagree all you want but he’s our most expensive player and the plan was to build a team around him as he would be the focal point. However, it hasn’t worked out or rather worked out in patches. Pogba is not a Ronaldo or Messi who could win matches on their own. Even Hazard can’t do it by himself for Chelsea. With that being said, Pogba is world class but he’s no leader. You get the best out of him when you’ve got better midfielders around him and that’s been evident with France as well as the Juventus team. When Pogba was performing, Matic and Herrera were also putting a shift in and our forwards were putting away the chances that were created. Also, Pogba gets easily upset and if things aren’t going for him, he losses his cool and basically his performance goes down hill. I can guarantee that if you put Pogba in a Barcelona or Madrid team, he would turn it on consistently since he won’t be under pressure to take the team through. Sanchez on the other hand was putting in poor performances for Arsenal during the season we bought him. His performances for Chile haven’t been all that great either and he’s lost a yard or two of pace and is not on the same wavelength as the rest of our forwards. So Pogba and Sanchez cannot be compared in that sense

ti vu

There are couple things about Pogba which people need to understand. Pogba is our talisman and you can disagree all you want but he’s our most expensive player and the plan was to build a team around him as he would be the focal point. However, it hasn’t worked out or rather worked out in patches. Pogba is not a Ronaldo or Messi who could win matches on their own. Even Hazard can’t do it by himself for Chelsea. With that being said, Pogba is world class but he’s no leader. You get the best out of him when you’ve got better midfielders around him and that’s been evident with France as well as the Juventus team. When Pogba was performing, Matic and Herrera were also putting a shift in and our forwards were putting away the chances that were created. Also, Pogba gets easily upset and if things aren’t going for him, he losses his cool and basically his performance goes down hill. I can guarantee that if you put Pogba in a Barcelona or Madrid team, he would turn it on consistently since he won’t be under pressure to take the team through. Sanchez on the other hand was putting in poor performances for Arsenal during the season we bought him. His performances for Chile haven’t been all that great either and he’s lost a yard or two of pace and is not on the same wavelength as the rest of our forwards. So Pogba and Sanchez cannot be compared in that sense
The thing with the bolder part is, in reality the those teams didn't see the point of paying that much for him and try all they could in the first place. They would have to look at the wage request and think twice about the risk of pay rise across the squad giving Pogba such status, for such role.

We accept that risk. Our problem to solve whether we persist, doing miracle changing his mindset, or cut loss.

Last edited:

Fer

He is a must in our midfield. We need a player like him.
Which CDM would you sign to have Pogba and Bruno?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
hmmm what about Danilo Pereira, looks great everytime i've seen him

Trying to workout what formation you mean? 4231 with Bruno on the right?

Danilo Pereira is Portugal's best DM (sorry Sporting fans, but it's the truth). He can basically do a lot of things well.

But... he had a very serious injury in the end of last season and nobody is 100% sure that he will become to his old self again.

Quite a bad thing to happen and one of the reasons Porto's midfield is not as strong as last year, because he was a key player for Porto not only by his defensive skills, but also his aerial game was a big threat on set pieces and his middle shooting was quite a threat.

Cheekiey

Danilo Pereira is Portugal's best DM (sorry Sporting fans, but it's the truth). He can basically do a lot of things well.

But... he had a very serious injury in the end of last season and nobody is 100% sure that he will become to his old self again.

Quite a bad thing to happen and one of the reasons Porto's midfield is not as strong as last year, because he was a key player for Porto not only by his defensive skills, but also his aerial game was a big threat on set pieces and his middle shooting was quite a threat.
Thanks I didn't realize he isn't back to his old self, even still I thought he's looked pretty sharp this season

SATA

Don't think he will get much space in the PL as he would in the Portugese league. Ruben Neves was belting them in almost on a weekly basis when Wolves were in the championship but could barely manage a couple when they came up to the higher tier

reddev3

He needs to be here next season, along with a good few more, but this guy will get his fair share of goals. Don't know how many times I've watched utd. When ball breaks from a corner or free kick, just outside the box and not since Scholes have we had anyone with the technique to put the laces through it, with accuracy and consistency.
If he came we would probably score twice as many goals having him take the corners than having on the edge of the box. I seriously think our team over the last 4/5 years has been one of the worse free kick taking teams and definitely the worse corner taking team in the Prem, we're atrocious.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Wow 35m euros? That surely is a steal in today's market. Can any Sporting fan confirm this release clause?
I explained it in the other Bruno Fernandes thread. Long story short is it is currently at 35M and Sporting are desperately trying to renew his contract to Bump it back up to 100M

When he rescinded his contract the interim Sporting president brought him back under the same contract and wages except with one clause which is if Sporting received an offer of 35M they had to sell him.

So now the new president is trying to fix the situation as soon as possible to increase his wages and put his release clause at the value he is worth.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
35m euros would be an absolute steal for him. Surely the player will have a good idea about where he is going already if in fact he is leaving at all. I reckon his agent may have already had a good few enquiries

SATA

I explained it in the other Bruno Fernandes thread. Long story short is it is currently at 35M and Sporting are desperately trying to renew his contract to Bump it back up to 100M

When he rescinded his contract the interim Sporting president brought him back under the same contract and wages except with one clause which is if Sporting received an offer of 35M they had to sell him.

So now the new president is trying to fix the situation as soon as possible to increase his wages and put his release clause at the value he is worth.
Cheere for that mate. Do you reckon the player will renew his contract or seeking a move elsewhere in the summer? I would imagine he will not ditch Sporting before he signs a new one, in the sense he could fetch you more money if he ever leaves

And he must be some player if he has two threads on the caf ;)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Cheere for that mate. Do you reckon the player will renew his contract or seeking a move elsewhere in the summer? I would imagine he will not ditch Sporting before he signs a new one, in the sense he could fetch you more money if he ever leaves

And he must be some player if he has two threads on the caf ;)
Well he recently gave an interview where he said he felt ready for the next level and test his ability’s in a bigger league.

At the same time he seeme like the kind of guy that wound not want to screw Sporting over but at the same time he did rescind his contract before.... so I truly don’t know.

Also I have said to combine the two threads but I don’t think any of the mods have seen it.

SAFMUTD

No way his clause is 35M, why would the club quote him aroud 60-70 if he has a release clause?

Ahsan_6386

No way his clause is 35M, why would the club quote him aroud 60-70 if he has a release clause?
Perhaps they know of a team who have a habit of paying over the release clause...cough Dalot cough Fellaini

VanHaal'sRedArmy

We need a DM option to replace Matic; Partey, Ndidi, or Ndombele would be decent signings
Bruno would replace Herrera who's probably leaving in the summer.

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
Does he have the technical ability to play at the highest level?
We have enough shitty technical players who can't even control the ball,so all our signings should have superior technical ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.