Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan600

I have no idea about this guy, however reading about the release clause and as above prices that Sporting are quoting above the release clause I could make a good guess at what is happening. Roughly...

One of us and City at least must have a genuine interest, but not necessarily both of us. Possibly an offer has been made close to or above this clause but not accepted immediately. Sporting have released to the press about us and City being interested trying to get us to bid against each other above the release clause, ala Fred and Sanchez, where we seem to be trying to gazump one another.

Bruno just wants to leave Sporting having been stopped last year, and is growing frustrated at the goings on, so his agent has now leaked the release clause, in an attempt to speed up/force the move?

That's my guess anyway.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I have no idea about this guy, however reading about the release clause and as above prices that Sporting are quoting above the release clause I could make a good guess at what is happening. Roughly...

One of us and City at least must have a genuine interest, but not necessarily both of us. Possibly an offer has been made close to or above this clause but not accepted immediately. Sporting have released to the press about us and City being interested trying to get us to bid against each other above the release clause, ala Fred and Sanchez, where we seem to be trying to gazump one another.

Bruno just wants to leave Sporting having been stopped last year, and is growing frustrated at the goings on, so his agent has now leaked the release clause, in an attempt to speed up/force the move?

That's my guess anyway.
The only thing is Bruno was not stopped from leaving last season he chose to come back despite having multiple offers from clubs in England and Spain.

Dan600

The only thing is Bruno was not stopped from leaving last season he chose to come back despite having multiple offers from clubs in England and Spain.
Apologies. I misread your post, similar view on the situation that aside I guess.

I've only seen Us interested in him not City?
Was on the news now feed earlier from sport witness:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/man-city-open-talks-signing-send-official-back-offer-ahead-shy-man-united/

SportingCP96

Supports

Scholsey2004

That's my guess anyway.
I don't see city prioritising a player like fernandes right now. Theyll be after at least one holding player and forward players if it's true about Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus and even sane wanting to leave. The links to João Felix and Rodrigo would make more sense.

Kapardin

Pretty much especially with agent leaking the news about the clause which before hand was not known to the public.
Could also be a tactic to hurry us up. Anyway, it would be criminal if Woodward was balking at the price, Bruno isn't even expensive according to modern day standards.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
70m is big money. Sure his stats are staggering yet let us not forget it's a league in which even Rojo looked decent in it

gr3yham3

Wait, his release clause is 35m? I thought it was 100m? Where is this news from?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I don't see city prioritising a player like fernandes right now. Theyll be after at least one holding player and forward players if it's true about Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus and even sane wanting to leave. The links to João Felix and Rodrigo would make more sense.
City may be after a CM if Gundogan is not renewing his contract before end of the season. His contract expires in 2020, so City will try to sell him this summer.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Scholsey2004

That’s not what the resident sporting fans are saying. He’s one of those who cancelled his contract after players were attacked in their dressing room. When he re-signed his clause was lowered

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44489158
Cancelled his contract because of safety concerns but then renegotiated and agreed a new contract by the following day? Doesn't make sense. I'd put money on him being on exactly the same contract with exactly the same release clause.

golden_blunder

Staff
Cancelled his contract because of safety concerns but then renegotiated and agreed a new contract by the following day? Doesn't make sense. I'd put money on him being on exactly the same contract with exactly the same release clause.
Read back in this very thread what the resident sporting fans are saying

Scholsey2004

Read back in this very thread what the resident sporting fans are saying
Not everything people say on here is accurate. IMO this is one of them. We're not getting Bruno fernandes for €35m euros. Sporting will have sorted this out.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not everything people say on here is accurate. IMO this is one of them. We're not getting Bruno fernandes for €35m euros. Sporting will have sorted this out.
Do you believe that Alderweireld is available for 25m?

golden_blunder

Staff
It’s on Portuguese media that they are trying to get him to sign a new contract with a €100m release clause in it. So if we do indeed want him we need to strike ASAP

SportingCP96

Supports
You must not know how incompetent the Sporting board is.

United Pro

It’s on Portuguese media that they are trying to get him to sign a new contract with a €100m release clause in it. So if we do indeed want him we need to strike ASAP
From what I've read, the Portuguese papers are all saying that he has a €100m release clause.

Scholsey2004

From what I've read, the Portuguese papers are all saying that he has a €100m release clause.
I've been web browsing as well and all the sources I'm seeing are talking about a €100m release clause. We'll certainly pay less than that if we get him but €35m isnt happening.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
I've been web browsing as well and all the sources I'm seeing are talking about a €100m release clause. We'll certainly pay less than that if we get him but €35m isnt happening.
I can't access A Bola or Record's archive or premium content but there was a screencap mentioning a €35 million clause because Fernandes agreed an “emergency deal” with the club following the whole Bruno de Carvalho fiasco (which led to the likes of Dost, Gelson, Patricio, Carvalho also terminating their contracts with Sporting and Gelson eventually agreeing a free agent deal with Atlético). Apparently, this was all confirmed by his agent, too.

Though if Bruno does leave, he might just renegotiate a slight increment as a gentlemen's agreement to ensure that Sporting aren't fleeced (they have already lost important players for peanuts and supposedly aren't in very robust financial shape). A figure approaching Bernardo Silva's €50 million move from Monaco would be fair value in the current market.

SportingCP96

Supports
I can't access A Bola or Record's archive or premium content but there was a screencap mentioning a €35 million clause because Fernandes agreed an “emergency deal” with the club following the whole Bruno de Carvalho fiasco (which led to the likes of Dost, Gelson, Patricio, Carvalho also terminating their contracts with Sporting and Gelson eventually agreeing a free agent deal with Atlético). Apparently, this was all confirmed by his agent, too.

Though if Bruno does leave, he might just renegotiate a slight increment as a gentlemen's agreement to ensure that Sporting aren't fleeced (they have already lost important players for peanuts and supposedly aren't in very robust financial shape). A figure approaching Bernardo Silva's €50 million move from Monaco would be fair value in the current market.
Fair for who really. He is worth more then 50M in todays markets. You see average perm players going for stupid money.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Fair for who really. He is worth more then 50M in todays markets. You see average perm players going for stupid money.
You're right, transfer fees have skyrocketed in general — we signed Fred for a comparable amount of money and he hasn't made a considerable impact, and even a youngster like Militão went for €50 million from Porto. So it would not be a very fair deal for Sporting Club (more like a small bonus), and they should ideally ask for more if the reported clause is updated.

However, I was talking only from a United supporter's perspective — it would be fair value figure for us, because Bruno is not the cleanest fit for the current team given Pogba's presence as a #10/#8, and I wouldn't want to spend more than €50 million on him unless we change our style quite significantly or Pogba leaves in the summer market:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Art...2?hootPostID=3bc8981bd5a25fbaf52d31d28ddecec7

Scholsey2004

We'll assuming the release clause is in fact now €35m then €50m would be incredibly fair. That's 15m in good will.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
70m is big money. Sure his stats are staggering yet let us not forget it's a league in which even Rojo looked decent in it
Decent is the right word. Rojo never impressed that much, even if you ask Sporting fans. The Man Utd offer just come out of the blue, because he actually had a quite irregular season that year.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Decent is the right word. Rojo never impressed that much, even if you ask Sporting fans. The Man Utd offer just come out of the blue, because he actually had a quite irregular season that year.
More importantly the 'good world cup' curse.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
More importantly the 'good world cup' curse.
Milan Baros career peak is still probably Euro 2004. International squads competitions sometimes just have random regens stepping up during that competition, just to return to their own selves at the new club who got impressed by their performances at Euro/World Cup/Copa Ameria/African Cup/etc

SportingCP96

Supports
We'll assuming the release clause is in fact now €35m then €50m would be incredibly fair. That's 15m in good will.
35M because of the interim president. 35M 50M is peanuts for the best player in the league.

Devil may care

35M because of the interim president. 35M 50M is peanuts for the best player in the league.
A 3rd tier league though in fairness, the buyer is taking a huge risk that the player can step up to a much faster, more physically demanding and much more competitive league, players from better leagues have moved for less.

SportingCP96

Supports
A 3rd tier league though in fairness, the buyer is taking a huge risk that the player can step up to a much faster, more physically demanding and much more competitive league, players from better leagues have moved for less.
I would say 2nd tier considering our main clubs regularly go far in Europe and we are a very defensive league so players with good numbers are usually the business.

Look at the dutch league they are an actual third tier league where no defense is played and you can't really Judge a player based on there numbers there.

Either way in todays market signing the best player in the 6th best league in the world 35M would be nothing. Look at Militao who in only one season in Europe went for 50M.

Also reports again in Portugal today of Man City and PSG interest in Fernandes.

Status
Not open for further replies.