Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel like everyone needs to chill the feck out, Di Marzio is far from the gospel. You're all setting yourselves up for major disappointment, I can already see the angry posts in a weeks time when we've signed no one :lol:
This is the boom bust cycle of the muppet life.

You get hurt, dust yourself down and start again next window. Buckle up baby!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If we sign Dybala to play on the right I will find Woody and punch him in the dick. I'm sick of playing unsuitable players wide right just because they're decent in other positions where they can't get in the team.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Tarrou

I feel like everyone needs to chill the feck out, Di Marzio is far from the gospel. You're all setting yourselves up for major disappointment, I can already see the angry posts in a weeks time when we've signed no one :lol:
look at captain-buzzkill here

Cliche Guevara

We are 'one step away' from signing him according to Di Marzio.

That step being 'making an offer to the club and player for his transfer'.

So exciting.
Yeah.

We are one step away. That step being actually signing him. Wake me up when that happens.

Hawks2008

Interesting. Probably his source and why most of the Italian papers have been carrying the story
Yeah definitely, he spent time at a few different clubs in Italy so not hard to see why the Italian journos have inside knowledge on this.

3KDré

I’m sceptical of this signing. He’s a 10, which pushes Pogba deeper- which we shouldn’t be doing IMO.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
This IMO is the first time anyone worth listening to has made a suggestion a deal is close.

Before I was completely not expecting this to happen but now I feel there is a chance which is encouraging.

marktan

I’m sceptical of this signing. He’s a 10, which pushes Pogba deeper- which we shouldn’t be doing IMO.
Signing only really makes sense if we're selling Pogba, we don't really need another AM.

Snafu17

Pogba has been playing in a midfield two throughout the whole of preseason.

manunited1919

Gianluca is obviously not a fan of our recent signings:

After Maguire, a deal closed yesterday, another blow for Manchester United: the club coached by Solskjaer reinforces itself in midfield with Bruno Fernandes' arrival from Sporting CP

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
“altro colpo per il Manchester United” I think that’s more like “another blow by Manchester United”. Like we landed another blow.

OsloRed

Pogba has been playing in a midfield two throughout the whole off preseason.
Exactly! People may believe a signing like this makes no sense if we are going to get the best out of Pogba, but based on preseason it seems that Ole doesn't agree with that and sees him playing deeper with a license to break forward.

In a system like that, Lingards position would probably be the one at risk here. I would have thought that people would be happier about that than they seem to be.

kirk buttercup

Him, Dybala and Maguire and united are looking so much Stronger Imo . Also gives the youth a chance to progress with bit parts this season if we manage to get all that done I would be more than happy

Steve Bruce

Correct me if I'm wrong be he's an effective forward whether it's RW, LW or AM (or no.10)

3KDré

Why are you sceptical? He would play next to him in a three man midfield with a number 6 sitting ?
Both Bruno and Pogba prefer to push up to help with attack, if we have our fullbacks also push up that’s a lot of pressure on McTominay. We’d need our fullbacks to sit back and our wingers to stay wide for that to happen- and none of our wingers bar James actually like staying wide.

Redcy

Which would give further weight to the argument that Di Marzio might know something. This is done. Maguire's done. Dybala's done. feck it. Back in for Sancho.
From 0 - Muppet in zero actual transfers

I feel ya

kirk buttercup

Why are you sceptical? He would play next to him in a three man midfield with a number 6 sitting ?
As I mentioned in another thread I think it works like this hopefully :
Bruno----McTom---- Pogba
-- ----Dybala-----
RASHFORD--------MARTIAL

interchange with youth to bring them on Greenwood for Rashford
Gomes for Dybala
James and Chong for Martial .
Bruno covers alot of ground defensively from what I have seen so could work in this 3

Last edited:

AshRK

City do very well with both De bruyne and Silva and sometime start all three Bernardo, Silva and KdB together. I cannot see why Fernandes and Pogba cannot play together.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That's Simon Stone who it seems is more of a club puppet. If we are in for Bruno it makes sense to keep quiet as it will fuel Pogba talks. No surprise he's briefed accordingly.
Yeah United briefing the press could easily be a negotiation tactic too. Sporting are under pressure this summer to demand a high fee for Fernandes because of what Benfica got for Felix but Fernandes has a release clause and Sporting have to give up 5M every time they reject that release clause so his value really isn't that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.