Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Now that Matic has turned into a statue of himself, I really wanted Idrissa Gueye. There were reports that our interest in him was holding up his move to PSG. Now that we've missed out on him, I hope our second-to-none scouting network has identified a similar alternative.

If Pogba stays and Dybala joins, I don't see Fernandes joining -- unless he's willing to sit on the bench and watch Pogba and Dybala play in his preferred positions.
Partey should do I think

Bojan11

What time is the Sporting final today?
Why does that matter?

Last week when he was apparently crying people thought it was his final game. I’d be surprised if were signing him and then letting him play one last game. Just don’t think this is happening.

RedDevilRoshi

Guess we will find out tonight or tomorrow morning/afternoon which club he will be playing for.

ArjenIsM3

Guess we will find out tonight or tomorrow morning/afternoon which club he will be playing for.
Tonight? He plays tonight. Can't imagine him announcing anything right after the game. Could say his goodbyes though. I'm guessing we'll find out next week. Could very well be a deadline day transfer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Was it Amoyal who said he's almost certain to join us after tonight? He's meant to be hugely reliable no?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Looks as though it's just Spurs who are interested at this point.

Mr Smith

I really, really hope we are keeping this option open in case the Lukaku/Dybala deal falls through...

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If you would have a deal in place for a player, why let him play for Sporting and risking him to get injured? does not make any sense.
To keep him fit and ready for the new season in the event that the deal falls through.

Nothing is certain.

Alemar

Perhaps he takes a private jet to Manchester right after the game today.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Was it Amoyal who said he's almost certain to join us after tonight? He's meant to be hugely reliable no?
He's an editor for Di Marzio. He said on his podcast that he doesn't usually report on things but he made his own checks and doubled down on Di Marzio's report.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I personally think that Di Marzio / Amoyal etc have had a mare here. Unfortunately.
Why not just wait until their super cup game and keep faith in the most reliable journos of the sport?

Alemar

And I think that's purely contingent on whether Eriksen leaves or not. Can't see us having both.

Too much expense for Levy.
You could simply offload Eriksen to Man Utd then, it’s rather easy. Just push him the feck out of the team and he will join us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You could simply offload Eriksen to Man Utd then, it’s rather easy. Just push him the feck out of the team and he will join us.
Sounds like a flawless plan to me.

Levy will most likely feel differently. But feck him, you know?

Sparky Rhiwabon

Do we not think this one was dropped the minute Dybala was offered to us?

Unless Pogba is going, that's the only way I could see both.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Yes, he works for Di Marzio. So the whole di Marzio camp basically publicly stood by their story last week

Mr Smith

They don't even play the same position. I don't get why people keep making this connection as if the transfers are related.
You don't think Bruno would play at #10 if he signed? I know one is more of a midfielder and the other more of a forward, but given that 4-2-3-1 seems to be our formation of choice I don't really see how they could play together. It would be different obviously if we were playing a midfield 3 but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I think it's been obvious we have never been interested in him at all
Reliable journos have said that we've had interest in Fernandes. Just because if we end up not signing him doesn't mean we never had any interest.

0le

I think it's been obvious we have never been interested in him at all
This isn't true. Simon Peach (BBC journalist) has said he was on a list of potential targets. I also think Cooper (Sky Sports) has said this as well. We have definitely been interested and there isn't really any doubt about that. The only uncertainty is whether we have acted on that interest or just moved onto different targets.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I actually don't trust UK journalists over Di Marzio over the last couple years. Whilst Di Marzio and his team may not be flawless, the UK guys are just far worse. James Ducker, Hirst, Cooper and even Stone I feel are too gullable, opinionated or slow in their views.

When Di Marzio breaks a transfer story I feel shits about to go down. Fernandes may yet go spurs but I believe we must be seriously interested in him after what Di Marzio and his team have said.

jungledrums

They don't even play the same position. I don't get why people keep making this connection as if the transfers are related.
You really don’t get why people make the connection? They both play best behind the striker. If you spend big money, you play someone where they’re best and in the system Ole seems to favour, they’d both want to play in the hole.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I actually don't trust UK journalists over Di Marzio over the last couple years. Whilst Di Marzio and his team may not be flawless, the UK guys are just far worse. James Ducker, Hirst, Cooper and even Stone I feel are too gullable, opinionated or slow in their views.

When Di Marzio breaks a transfer story I feel shits about to go down. Fernandes may yet go spurs but I believe we must be seriously interested in him after what Di Marzio and his team have said.
There's way too much smoke for us not to be interested in Fernandes at all like some posters are claiming.

ThinkTank@Cafe

James Ducker was the first to link Spurs to Fernandes all the way back in June. He said Spurs met with his agent and United met Fernandes' agent in April. When his agent was in London for meetings with Spurs, United told him they need more time.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...talks-bruno-fernandes-agent-move-could-force/
It’s a biased opinion, but I believe Bruno will choose us over Spurs any day. Spurs are at their ceiling. We have a potential and have wage structure allowing to reward player’s progress.

Dve

With Dybala coming in, and United playing 4-2-3-1, I really can´t see a player like Fernandes being a priority (in 4-3-3, yes). United should rather sign a DM and a RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.