g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

The smart business would be sign him now even if we get Dybala, keep Pogba, etc... The Pogba circus will only come up every window until he eventually moves to RM. Bruno won't be any cheaper next season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think it's been obvious we have never been interested in him at all
I think it's been apparent for some time now our interest in him was and still is very real. The only question is whether he was earmarked as a Pogba replacement, and if our interest faded when we learned of Dybalas availability.

dasty

Why all the negativity? Is there any reliable source saying this isn't happening?
Welcome to this thread. Every page you will see these exact same posts - "Don't think we were ever interested in him at all" and "Only Portuguese source is reporting this, must be Gaitan v2"

The Bloody-Nine

Manchester United are furious with agents who they believe are using the club's name to try and drum up interest in their players.

Sources say that Old Trafford officials have been left seething after a transfer window that has often seen United linked to a variety of footballers that they have no intentions of signing.

In recent times, of particular annoyance have been reports in Italy and Portugal which claim Bruno Fernandes will be arriving at the club imminently.

United have taken the rare step of making it clear that there have been no bids for the Sporting Lisbon midfielder, who is attracting strong interest from Tottenham.

A delegation from Spurs flew to Portugal earlier this week, with a view to sealing a £56million swoop.

Fernandes, 24, helped his country lift the Nations League title this summer following a sterling season with his club.

He scored 32 goals and tallied 18 assists in 53 appearances across all competitions last year.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-furious-agents-using-clubs-drum-players.html

Cliche Guevara

We’ve been linked with this guy for months. Initially it was expected he’d move after the Portuguese cup final at the end of May, but it’s now August and still nothing has happened. It doesn’t genuinely seem any club has put a proper offer in for him.

This should have been a piss-easy signing for us and the fact we haven’t done it at this late stage makes me feel there was never any real interest.

I do hope I’m wrong, however, and we are calling Sporting’s bluff.

0le

With those different targets being who exactly? We haven’t been linked to ANY OTHER midfielder at all (be it CAM, CM or DM)
I don't know, and why would you think I know? I only said that Bruno is one of the targets and that is all we know about him. Longstaff is another on the list according to reports.

Alemar

I don't know, and why would you think I know? I only said that Bruno is one of the targets and that is all we know about him. Longstaff is another on the list according to reports.
Bruno and Longstaff are too different. When you buy a newly built flat, it’s not like you are choosing whether to purchase a fridge or a dishwasher - you pretty much need both

red thru&thru

I’d take him over both of Dybala and Bruno. Perfect player. Let’s get the cash for Lukaku, and break club record for this guy.
Eriksen has one year left. Spurs run the risk of one of their most saleable assets leaving for free. They need to do something in the next few days, or he will agree a contract with a foreign club in January.

Spurs won't now get a record bid from us. Best they can hope from us, if it were to happen of course, is to substitute the majority of the fee they'd pay for a Bruno or Le Celso.

0le

Bruno and Longstaff are too different. When you buy a newly built flat, it’s not like you are choosing whether to purchase a fridge or a dishwasher - you pretty much need both
Yes I am aware they play in different positions. I should have made it clear I was referring to midfielder targets, not specific positions in the midfield. I still don't understand why you expect me to know who is on the list?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yes I am aware they play in different positions. I should have made it clear I was referring to midfielder targets, not specific positions in the midfield. I still don't understand why you expect me to know who is on the list?
Well aren’t you our manager? If you don’t know then who in the bloody hell knows?

Alemar

I still don't understand why you expect me to know who is on the list?
Because you say with absolute certainty (or at least so it sounds) that we are not interested in Bruno. If you know this, you should also know who we want then :)

ThinkTank@Cafe

Eriksen has one year left. Spurs run the risk of one of their most saleable assets leaving for free. They need to do something in the next few days, or he will agree a contract with a foreign club in January.

Spurs won't now get a record bid from us. Best they can hope from us, if it were to happen of course, is to substitute the majority of the fee they'd pay for a Bruno or Le Celso.
Didn’t know that! Then he must be our top priority. Unless he wants to join another club.

red thru&thru

Di Marzio not always correct, no one ever is/will be. However, his information is correct more often than not.

RedDevilRoshi

And the Kean story. And gigi back to Juve. And countless other stories that people just glance over
Exactly.

The guy has a very good track record and gets more right than wrong. Take nothing away, he will get things wrong from time to time just like every other journalist but very rarely does he post s*** just to be attention seeking like a load of journalists out there do.

0le

Because you say with absolute certainty (or at least so it sounds) that we are not interested in Bruno. If you know this, you should also know who we want then :)
Eh? I said the opposite - Bruno is on a list of targets because it was reported by BBC's Simon Peach. I then said there is uncertainty whether we have acted on that interest. That is because DI Marizo says it is close, whereas some UK journalistsave suggested it may just all be noise from Portugal.

JohnZSmith27

Why all the negativity? Is there any reliable source saying this isn't happening?
It smacks of people just protecting themselves from disappointment if we don't sign him or anyone else. Seems it's better to be negative and be pleasantly surprised than to get your hopes up and then be let down.

I'm staying positive on this one. Di Marzio has the best track record of anyone else so I'm assuming it's on. Cock staying out til I hear otherwise.

SATA

I reckon Di Marzio and his team have been fed the wrong info, probably by the Sporting side who uses our name to drum up interest. United have continually stressed we have never bid for him, just a passing interest but that’s gone now after Dybala became available and perhaps Mandzukic. We aren’t gonna sign all three

Status
Not open for further replies.