Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

red4ever 79

If we sign him we could potentially finish 4th. If we dont, then we are likely to finish 6th. We havent replaced Fellaini. We havent replaced Herrera

SATA

They got Gueye and Herrera for £27m. Absolute bargain when you factor in the free transfer of Ander.

Why are we never this smart in the window?
Please. Nobody at the Caf wanted Gueye, and that guy from Southampton, Lemina or something. You only have to take a look at their threads when they were linked to United

ManchesterYoda

Please. Nobody at the Caf wanted Gueye, and that guy from Southampton, Lemina or something. You only have to take a look at their threads when they were linked to United
I don't care whether anyone else on here wanted Gueye. If we'd signed Gueye for £27 million I'd be very pleased.

red4ever 79

We need positive vibes here guys. Please someone get monitoring the situation in Portugal and find some tweets. I will take anything to keep this alive

haram

They got Gueye and Herrera for £27m. Absolute bargain when you factor in the free transfer of Ander.

Gueye turns 30 in September and Herrera is on big wages. You can see why we didn’t sign them.

stepic

PSG are paying Herrera £350k per week. Absurd wages for a fairly limited player. You call that smart?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
PSG are paying Herrera £350k per week. Absurd wages for a fairly limited player. You call that smart?
Limited? Ander is a very good player. We will miss him a lot this season with no replacement signed. Nobody at the club presently who comes close to what he offered us.

Also the 350k a week is apparently a load of BS. He is supposedly on closer to 200k. It was the length of contract that swung it.

Patrick08

Limited? Ander is a very good player. We will miss him a lot this season with no replacement signed. Nobody at the club presently who comes close to what he offered us.

Also the 350k a week is apparently a load of BS. He is supposedly on closer to 200k. It was the length of contract that swung it.
Yeah I feel the same. It's classic press twist like saying lvg vetoed kroos.

R'hllor

I feel so left out in this players case, dont know a single thing about him, didnt watch a single game not even a clip of him. So weird, wouldnt recommend.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:lol:

Ander is limited.

I don't know what people see watching this game.
Well he's not a ball playing creative wizard is he. Or a goal scorer. Or a particularly strong defensive guy.

Don't get me wrong he had some good spells and one stand out season as player of the year, but let's not overrate him.

mu4c_20le

Ander Herrera is the epitome of the phrase 'jack of all trades, master of none'.

GM K

Have you seen any Utd games over the last 12 months. He’s been woeful. He somehow only managed to get worse during preseason. The last game he was giving the ball away and getting intercepted in dangerous positions. Against prem opposition he will cost us points
He just might be finished.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If we sign him we could potentially finish 4th. If we dont, then we are likely to finish 6th. We havent replaced Fellaini. We havent replaced Herrera
Wait, you don't think that any of our defensive signings and emergene of the youth players will do anything to last seasons team, it's only down to replacing Herrera and little-impact Fellaini?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Well he's not a ball playing creative wizard is he. Or a goal scorer. Or a particularly strong defensive guy.

Don't get me wrong he had some good spells and one stand out season as player of the year, but let's not overrate him.
He is the master of the weighted pass. He reads the game very well. perfect breaking up play. An excellent box to box player.
Not a goal scorer like Scholes.
But to say he is limited is ridiculous.

Greck

He is the master of the weighted pass. He reads the game very well. perfect breaking up play. An excellent box to box player.
He is limited (in quality). We should still have gotten a replacement as he was our only mobile midfielder defensively

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
He is good. But lets not kid ourself here. Like a poster before me aptly mentioned, He is epitome of a midfielder who can do everything reasonably well within a limited scope of time without necessarily being a week in and week out performer that all title winning midfielders have. Imho

BlueHaze

I think this is a case of absolute no interest from our side apart from scouting meanwhile portuguese media have been reporting since May that he's a done deal. He would probably go for around £60m so I'd say if we actually wanted him he would have been here by now. Strongly believe this is just another Gaitan in the making which is truly a shame as I really hoped we would sign Bruno.

red4ever 79

Doesnt look like this one will happen with the club now seemingly intent on bringing Dybala and Mandzukic in. We are desperately short in midfield

red4ever 79

Wait, you don't think that any of our defensive signings and emergene of the youth players will do anything to last seasons team, it's only down to replacing Herrera and little-impact Fellaini?
No I dont. I dont think the youth players will play that many games in the Premier league. I still think Ole is going to play Mata, Lingard ahead of them. We are really short in midfield and signing someone like this who can create and score goals will improve our chances of finishing 4th.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
He is good. But lets not kid ourself here. Like a poster before me aptly mentioned, He is epitome of a midfielder who can do everything reasonably well within a limited scope of time without necessarily being a week in and week out performer that all title winning midfielders have. Imho
We had two bone headed managers who did not know how to use him.
Ole came in and saw his quality. He desperately wanted to keep him and pissed about losing him.
The banker added insult to injury by sending a letter with an offer rather than treating him with respect.

With the fitness regime Ole and Phelan started with we could have got darn close...2nd or 3rd if they had a full season.

Now we have a wantaway midfield player.
A very good squad player and a Player on the downside of his career.

We have a few days to address the midfield.

Not hopeful.

As to the assessment of Ander's ability, we will just have to agree to disagree.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Christ I'm fed up reading shit like this

Paranoid Android

Don't be silly. He would probably be our most dangerous attacking player if he joined.

SATA

All right, i don't watch the portugese league but i'm gonna watch the Sporting game later to see Bruno. Hopefully there's a good stream lying around soon

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Ander Herrera is the epitome of the phrase 'jack of all trades, master of none'.
Except ball winning, which for some inexplicable reason doesn’t count when we discuss Herrera.

Drawfull

Dubrovnik in August? Dear Lord, you mad? Come to Split, we can have 10 beers here for the price of one in Dubrovnik.
Dubrovnik is beautiful though. Been a couple of times. First time, pre civil war we did a cruise thing that went round all the little islands including the ports of Split and Dubrovnik. Boat caught fire and sank. Got evacuated.

Second time we were in Dubrovnik for a fortnight in June 1991. Except, my passport had run out, so we missed the first two days, then it rained for a week and then you started killing each other. Got evacuated.

Nice place though.

Status
Not open for further replies.