Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Maybe just stirring the pot but this guy was fairly spot on with his posts and the timeline on the James signing. He also says de Ligt to United is a done deal though so probably just a chancer but anyway, this seems to refer to Fernandes signing.

Nah don't think so. Proper bullshit merchant.

Dante

Average bang
Maybe just stirring the pot but this guy was fairly spot on with his posts and the timeline on the James signing. He also says de Ligt to United is a done deal though so probably just a chancer but anyway, this seems to refer to Fernandes signing.

I've just checked that cnut's Twitter timeline.

Here's an easy trick to tell if somebody's a fake and an attention seeker:

They tell you not to believe the fake ITKs out there on the internet

It's fecking clear as day.

These people want all the attention themselves, and reckon that calling out others makes them seem credible whilst distancing themselves from their ilk. But in reality, nobody with any credibility would care anyway. The tactic is nothing more than a case of trying to shoot down the competition in order to keep their fanbase coming back for more bullshit.

Gandalf

Yes he is. He's been called out on Twitter many times for using photos of random people in his profile. Now he just has a logo. But he is 100% fake.
Actually he has a verification video talking to camera at the top of his profile now so he is not just a logo. A bullshitter most likely but he has put his face out there now. If de Ligt doesn't happen he will vanish anyway.

Ranchero

Say if we did get Fermandes and keep Pogba, how would you play them?

I personally think a combative box to box player and deeplying playmaker should be our priority.
The issue for United has been that we have bought players and tried to adapt them to a system, rather than decide how we are going to play, and then buy the players to fit that.
It does not help that we keep switching managers who have different philosophies.

Some would sense that Fernandes would be the option of Pogba goes. But Fernandes is a box-to-box midfielder and more disciplined than Pogba was latterly.

In my opinion our midfield has been stifled by too many defensive-minded slow midfielders. Matic, for me, slows us down and does not venture forward.

Ideally we stick with one Fernandinho-type player, and then others who are creative box-to-box who can score goals... in that vital engine room of our team.

I have my massive issues with Pogba's attitude, however, if he had quality around him in midfield, we might have seen the best of him.

Matic and Herrera or Matic and McTominay is stale, negative, slow and lacks quality. A side like United should not be playing with two defensive midfielders who won't offer anything up front. Now I personally think we need at least two midfielders, probably three. If you were to add two box-to-box creatives such as Fernandes and say Tielemans alongside an advanced wider Pogba... and put Fred (say because there is no really outstanding option here) as the holder in a [4-1-2-2 (wider attacking)-1] formation that could be exciting. And of course Pogba can play as one of the two box-to-boxers in front of Fred if there is an injury.

But that's in my head, how we will play next season is key. Wan-Bassaka, for instance will not give you as much on the right as Luke Shaw will on the left. The Palace star is far more defensively minded. So if we were thinking of employing full backs that push on to give us width rather than employ wide players, then Wan-Bassaka might not be the perfect fit, super player than he is. Alexander-Arnold ( who is not available of course) would be. That is probably why Wan-Bassaka is not in front of the likes of AA and Trippier for England. But, of course, he is young and that could change.

It is one direction of travel.. but Pogba is a big headache for us now.

LuckyScout78

He is definitive a really good nr.8 option. A offensive cm player and would suit perfectly with a Kante cm kind of player. His football vision and decision is really good. He is been able to play quick few touches football, at the same time he can passes players with ball.

And i think he is definitive a top 4 cm player in every top league in Europe and maybe good enough for the winning team. I think i rate him above Longstaff, even Longstaff is a really good cm and football player too. This guy is more faster and more skillful. So he will definitive strength United creative and attacking playing and build up.

Then the next job is to find a same level and same abilities a la Kante of Chelsea kind of player. Like this in a 4-4-2 formation.

Sancho - Kante - Fernandes - Martial/James/Sanchez + Felix/Lukaku/Richarlison - Rashford

Fernandes who i can suit a rcm role really good too. If Pogba keep staying here in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation

Sancho - Fernandes - Kante/Matic/McTominay - Pogba - Martial/James/Sanches + Rashford/Lukaku

Conclusion and sum up. He will suit best and really good as a nr.8 in a 4-4-4 formation or as a RCM in 3 men midfield. This is how you get the best out of him. His best roles/position on the pitch.

And when you first buy those players. Talk to them and convince them you are trying to build and buy best players to become a winning dominate team in the future. That you are trying to buy top international players like Sancho, Richarlison or players that has big potential to become the very best. Join us and play with really good and effective football players. Players who know when to dribble and when to pass the ball. Those top players do things like this....naturally...is part of their football vision and head.

Because when top players are not coming for money. Then you have to sell and convince them. Joining a winning team about 2-3 years. If it will not happen, then you can leave later. You have to introduce your others potential targets too. Theirs and a player success are depending on 11-15 others really good and equal teammates too, in each positions. So for each positions you are trying to strength. You get to have 2-3 really close equal level. Then you might join your team.

No money, no glory and status. No 2 of those human needs. They will not join you. You have to convince them. Like the movie Ocean Eleven. They are all have different abilities, but they are best in their each areas. Together as a unite. They become a top team, to reach their goals. Not by winning trophies in a illegal way, but robbing the trophies:D

A football team and club is just the same thing. Different, but driving and have the same the direction to the goal. Again, you have to mention your others targets too, if not the player you are trying to buy, shall ask which players are you planning to buy?Are im joining a winning team, in the future. So the point is always try to sign and buy the best players out there, available...to strength your team.
Therefore it naturally the DOFor CEo shall know all the manager plans and all his options and targets, if the manager doesnt have a direct phone call to the players and convince them. Those are all things that can help to land a player you want. Beside giving them a good deal and salary. The level of the teammates.

Last edited:

Infra-red

Duncan Castles (love him or hate him, he generally knows what's going on with Iberian players) said on his most recent podcast that all the noise around Fernandes is coming from Sporting's end. They want to sell the player and are counting on a fee in the region of €55-€60m for doing it. However, he currently has no offers from any club.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can we stop posting bullshit tweet on the caf :lol: the place is absolutely full of them. If you think he's talking shite then just don't post it

Piyush

I hope we sign him. He seems to be upgrade and replacement for herrea.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This isn’t happening is it?

No real noise and if it was it’d have been done weeks ago.
I feel Sporting were hoping the nations league would drum up some interest and bump his price up. Hasn't really happened, I still expect us to get him in the end.

Devils11

30 goals from midfield? If he is English or name Gary Smith , he would be sold for 100m already.

Bestietom

We are interested in every midfielder in the world. It changes every day,but we need strong midfielders who will give 110% every game and can control this area. I've said on many occasions, I like both Ndombele and Partey. Tielemans or Fernandes would be my choice for the atm role.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He'd replace Pogba in the side, rather than Herrera.
Looking at the pool of Midfielders we already have, and the Mata extension, I do think that only one CM was on our shopping list, and maybe this is the reason why the midfield has not been addressed yet, because everything hinges upon Pogba either staying or going.
If Pogba goes, we get Bruno Fernandes.
If Pogba stays, we don't go for Bruno Fernandes, instead spending any funds on a more defensive CM.

dasty

A fortnight to focus on signing a RB and the deal is yet to be done. Jeez, at this rate we would be lucky with 2 more signings even though our squad is in dire need of quality.

3KDré

I can understand this signing if Pogba is to go, but if we had both of them I think it wouldn't work out. Both Pogba and Bruno want to play further ahead, which would leave too much work for our DM. We could do what City did and have the centremids push up and the fullbacks cover the space they leave, but we would need centre backs who are a lot better on the ball than ours and wide players who actually stay wide.

If we keep Pogba, Bruno is probably not the best idea. If we get rid of him, we need to add another centre mid. Either way the best type of player to get would be someone who can control the tempo of our game better than either of those can.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So do we only have the resources to negotiate with one player and his club & agent at a time, even if that player is out of the country for a couple of weeks..?

If that is true, you just have to shake your head in disbelief at such rank amateurism....:houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.