Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Red

Haven't seen much of him but his goal return was great last season so I do think he would be good. I wouldn't be all that dissapointed if we didn't sign him though, for whatever reason.
I will. We struggle on the creative side so it's nice to have a midfielder who can score goals without having to be served on a plate. He'd be an additional threat that could open more space from the likes of Rashford and Martial too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I still doubt we have any interest in the lad tbh

Every single year there's someone from the Portuguese league we get linked with that their media go mad for and they very rarely ever arrive - Gaitan, Garay, Carvalho ones that spring to mind

Patrick08

I still doubt we have any interest in the lad tbh

Every single year there's someone from the Portuguese league we get linked with that their media go mad for and they very rarely ever arrive - Gaitan, Garay, Carvalho ones that spring to mind
Lindelof signed though.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
Today here in Portugal they're saying that United aren't willing to go above 55M.

Nitewolf

We definitely need him. But not only him, we need a lot in the midfield. Matic fell over a cliff really and Herrera is out, Mata is good but not a powerhouse week in and week out, and forcing Pogba to stay isn't gonna solve our problem it's just a bandage that will peel off in the middle of the season and the wound will be bigger and much worse. We've been here before.

I would suggest offering Pogba to Real Madrid in a swap deal with Casemiro plus 60 or 70 millions. Get Bruno for that 60 millions and sign Rabiot on free (as he's a free agent). Pogba's wages can be split between Rabiot who is asking for 190k/w and Bruno 100k/w. Casemiro is currently on 90k/w so we can offer to double his wages without breaking the bank. 3 players who will transform our midfield and make it far better than the shambolic state it has right now, and we won't be spending much. Good football deal and also good for our pocket, to free the cash for other demanding positions.

Last edited:

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
Sounds like a reasonable enough offer. Views on that offer from Portugal?
They're saying that Sporting's president isn't willing to sell for under 70M but has I stated before they need to sell so I have a feeling interested clubs and Sporting are playing a game of chicken at the moment. Let's wait and see who breaks first.

beingshe7don

I was hoping we got Bruno and Ndombele this window.... It would have elevated our midfield.... Fred needs to be sent out on loan with an option of being sold. The guy looks ordinary and I don't see him doing too well next season.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
55m is a nice fee

Wasnt @SportingCP96 saying 40m minimum? It was a guess, but i doubt someone will pay 70m. Maybe with unrealistic add ons.
I would say minimum 50M but in today’s market he is worth 60M no doubt.

Scholsey2004

Of course journalists work on rumours. If someone said 55m did they mean euros or pounds? Wouldn't be unusual for journos to make incorrect presumptions on currency. £55m would be a little over €60m. If they're genuinely saying they won't go over €55m then imo that's a bit tight fisted.

Red00012

PP has him joining Spurs as 20/1 , strange considering some reporters are saying Spurs are leading the race for him.

minh_loc_xoay

I would suggest offering Pogba to Real Madrid in a swap deal with Casemiro plus 60 or 70 millions. Get Bruno for that 60 millions and sign Rabiot on free (as he's a free agent). Pogba's wages can be split between Rabiot who is asking for 190k/w and Bruno 100k/w. Casemiro is currently on 90k/w so we can offer to double his wages without breaking the bank. 3 players who will transform our midfield and make it far better than the shambolic state it has right now, and we won't be spending much. Good football deal and also good for our pocket, to free the cash for other demanding positions.
Who says we can get Bruno for 60 milllions and has Rabiot showed any interest in joining us?

Canucantona20

If we don’t sign a DM, maybe Ole will try this. Fred is suspect at times when receiving the ball from the defense, but he has a high motor and is good at interceptions.

Fred
Fernandes Pogba​

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If we don’t sign a DM, maybe Ole will try this. Fred is suspect at times when receiving the ball from the defense, but he has a high motor and is good at interceptions.

Fred
Fernandes Pogba​
Think he'll play Matic there still, but will rotate with McTominay who could play a Carrick like role. Think he has similar characteristics to Carrick in picking his passes between the lines which would free up Pogba and Bruno to move into advanced areas.

It'll be a high back line where the CDM is between the CBs. I think that's the way we'll go next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The problem is sporting have just seen their rival player going for 120m euros, they're going to expect big cash also for their best player.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, so it's going to come down to how desperately they want to sell, and who's the first to crack and offer the higher money.

The fans are obviously getting impatient at the slow negotations, but it's required so that we don't end up spending way over the top. An extra £15m still adds up.

izec

Dont see Spurs buying him and Ndombele. I think Eriksen will stay, so Bruno wouldnt be an option. I think they have also other positions to worry about, RB and maybe another striker or attacker

sp_107

Today here in Portugal they're saying that United aren't willing to go above 55M.
City got B-Silva for 45mil who is a far better player. so they should be reasonable with their asking price.
55-60mil should be the max if we include UTD's tax of having money with less stability and not in champions league.

Sanche7

City got B-Silva for 45mil who is a far better player. so they should be reasonable with their asking price.
55-60mil should be the max if we include UTD's tax of having money with less stability and not in champions league.
How does us not being in the CL affect the transfer fee? I can understand players demanding extra wages but why should we pay more because we aren’t in the CL? The selling club doesn’t care about our lack of stability or the lack of CL, it’s the players who care about that

Sanche7

Fred
Fernandes Pogba​
We will get run over very very easily. The only way Pogba and Bruno plays together in the same 11 is if we play a 4-4-2 with two players covering for them. Not to mention, Fred is not even a pure DM, he’s a defensive #8

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A lot of smoke surrounding this one, and I'm still not convinced that there is any fire...
I cannot see Spurs being in the market for a 2nd big money signing, but the Liverpool rumour concerns me.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
A lot of smoke surrounding this one, and I'm still not convinced that there is any fire...
I cannot see Spurs being in the market for a 2nd big money signing, but the Liverpool rumour concerns me.
It did seem like that before Ducker wrote that we met his agent two months ago and that Ole is keen on bringing him in. We're all sceptical of the Portuguese media because they've been reporting Bruno to United non stop like they used to with Gaitan but there does seem to be something in this.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...talks-bruno-fernandes-agent-move-could-force/

Bestietom

I think we could get this deal over the line much quicker if Pogba future was decided and Real or Juventus paid the money for him.
Ole seems to want him, but money may have a big say in the matter, especially with Woodward doing the dealing.

AgentP

I think we should sign him irrespective of Pogba's situation. Even if Pogba stays this year, he'll most certainly leave next year. So it better to have a readymade replacement at the club itself. We don't know how the market would be next year and if any good players will be available. I also think we could accommodate both these guys in the same lineup if we can get a better CB.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I have avoided this thread because I only know him from Udinese and Sampdoria, has he improved that much during his time with Sporting CP?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I have avoided this thread because I only know him from Udinese and Sampdoria, has he improved that much during his time with Sporting CP?
Not even the same player. His level increased dramatically.

17/18
Goals:16
Assists:16

18/19
Goals:34

Knows how to get in the right attacking positions and any loose balls around the 18 yard box are automatic for him. Can score from distance for fun. Has a great reading of the game and tracks back and helps the midfield and defense in recuperating the ball and initiating the attack. Gets his teammates involved with his passing ability and is a threat from set pieces while also being a very good penalty taker. Lastly he is a leader on the pitch and the voice of a team. Captain of the club at the moment and led by example by shouldering the club this season after a very turbulent Sporting where a lot of first team players had left for "free".

Bestietom

If Lukaku is valued at 75 million.Then I can't see how Fernandes is worth 70 million. Surely 55 million is about right.
Spurs and United think the same but he prefers United as there is a better chance of getting into the team they say. If this is true, then Woodward should have no trouble doing a deal soon.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If Lukaku is valued at 75 million.Then I can't see how Fernandes is worth 70 million. Surely 55 million is about right.
Spurs and United think the same but he prefers United as there is a better chance of getting into the team they say. If this is true, then Woodward should have no trouble doing a deal soon.
yes. But it is Woodward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think there is genuine interest but Sporting want 70m euros and we don't want to go over 55 which is fair enough.

I think eventually Sporting will crack as it's still huge money.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

17/18

18/19

Knows how to get in the right attacking positions and any loose balls around the 18 yard box are automatic for him. Can score from distance for fun. Has a great reading of the game and tracks back and helps the midfield and defense in recuperating the ball and initiating the attack. Gets his teammates involved with his passing ability and is a threat from set pieces while also being a very good penalty taker. Lastly he is a leader on the pitch and the voice of a team. Captain of the club at the moment and led by example by shouldering the club this season after a very turbulent Sporting where a lot of first team players had left for "free".
Thanks.

DoomSlayer

17/18

18/19

Thank you for the summary. Is he a CM that can keep the play ticking and sort of dictate the tempo though? Because this is the type of player we lack as it seems Pogba does not want to do that job at United, unlike he does for France, for some reason.

I can only see him coming and starting for the team if Pogba is certainly leaving. Not sure how we can incorporate 2 attack-minded players in midfield, considering that our DM will most definitely be Matic, who has the turning rate of a train.

Status
Not open for further replies.