Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

the hea

I keep seeing posts saying he will be the midfielder we are expecting to replace Herrera . For the nth time, his ability as a CM is still unknown. He has been playing closer to goal than a midfield. He has not consistently played as a CM. If he is bought in as a midfield player, we are truly clueless. If he is replacing Lingard or Mata in a diamond, then things might be different.
Didn't he start the majority of his games last season as a CM in a midfield three? And why do you think we need to replace Herrera with a player with the exact same qualities? Our midfield wasn't exactly setting the world alight last season, maybe bringing in some more offensive quality in the midfield will make us play better.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Didn't he start the majority of his games last season as a CM in a midfield three? And why do you think we need to replace Herrera with a player with the exact same qualities? Our midfield wasn't exactly setting the world alight last season, maybe bringing in some more offensive quality in the midfield will make us play better.
@SportingCP96 can answer this.

While I agree he would be an upgrade on Lingard ,I am not sure thats a big thing though.

sp_107

We missed out with late bid for Ndombele.
More talks for Fernandes tonight.Trying to get Deal wrapped up.
Can someone please explain why we put late bids?

We did same for Van Dijk and failed. Why cant we react a bit earlier than others?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

While I agree he would be an upgrade on Lingard ,I am not sure thats a big thing though.
What was your take when you were watching him play? You've compared his stats go strikers, so I assume your take is he's playing as a striker?

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

Match compilation against Barca. Quite impressed to be honest, very good use of the ball especially against Barca were he'd be quite isloated in forward positions.

mu4c_20le

We did same for Van Dijk and failed. Why cant we react a bit earlier than others?
Tried to do another Fred but wanted to make sure their interest was real this time

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think having 2 defensive full back can be very beneficial for us to play him in midfield 3 with Pogba against lesser team & we will play diamond formation against the tougher opposition.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

He was the point of a 3 man midfield. Essentially he was playing the CAM position right behind the striker. This is why he was able to get in to the box so many times and score so many goals.

SportingCP96

Supports
What was your take when you were watching him play? You've compared his stats go strikers, so I assume your take is he's playing as a striker?
He is not a striker at all and he should not be compared to them. All those guys did that for the best teams in the country while he did it from midfield in the third placed team who lost half there squad.

SportingCP96

Supports
His price might have just gone up with the sell of Felix.

Ballist1x

I really like the look of this guy I think he could bring something we really need.

Does anyone know who wanted or scouted Fred though?

AKDevil

One of the best things is he’s a captain. Even if he doesn’t wear the armband he’ll have natural leadership qualities. We could do with our new defender being similar.

vidic blood & sand

The problem with Fernandes being Portuguese, is that if he's a big hit at United he'll want to go to Real Madrid.

Crustanoid

Because we’re the most useless transfer market operators out of all the worlds supposed ‘big clubs’

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Isn't he a #10 and why do we need a #10 having extended Mata's contract? We sold Fellaini, released Herrera, Matic is aging, Pogba might leave and we're after an AM? Our priority should be strenghtening the deeper midfield positions like DM and CM. I know Fernandes can play as a CM too but his best and natural position is definitely an AM. He looks a really good finisher with nice shooting ability. Buying and not playing him in his best position would be much like ourselves though.

Also I don't like the idea of a diamond or 4-1-2-1-2 or a wingerless formation. It was used last season as we didn't have a proper RW but I can't remember a team that played without wide players and was a great success in the Premier League. At the very least wingbacks are a must in PL. We should build for a 4-3-3 with flexibility to change to a 4-2-3-1 IMO.

So, a good no 10 with great stats from last two seasons but not the player we need. We need wide players/wingers + central/defensive midfielders.

Reactions: Sultan

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He is not a striker at all and he should not be compared to them. All those guys did that for the best teams in the country while he did it from midfield in the third placed team who lost half there squad.
That’s what I figured. I just wanted him to admit he’s not really seen him play. :D

clee1992

Fernandes has more goals and assists in one season than Jesse Lingard has had in his whole career for United . Definitely an upgrade

vidic blood & sand

Fernandes has more goals and assists in one season than Jesse Lingard has had in his whole career for United . Definitely an upgrade
Lingard is the fluky is man alive to still be in the united squad. He wouldn't even get in the Sunderland team.

edcunited1878

Lingard is the fluky is man alive to still be in the united squad. He wouldn't even get in the Sunderland team.
Lingard has been average at best the past year, but to say that an England international wouldn't get into the Sunderland is a huge stretch.

Lingard is a good squad player and doesn't deserve to start many games but again just shows the lack of talent at United. I mean Darron Gibson and Lee Cattermole played for Sunderland and Lingard is much more useful than those two combined.

Anywho...not sure on Bruno but he seems like a talent and happy if he joined United. He'll probably be better than Periera so that's a start.

dasty

That's a weird clause. Can we use it to threaten Sporting with it? Like if you don't accept our bid we will keep making the same bid and make you pay Bruno multiple times until you are bankrupt? :lol:

Sambob

The fact that this has gone on for so long just proves that no journalist has a clue what they are talking about. I dont know why there is even a transfer forum sometimes, might as well as paul the octopus.

USREDEVIL

Not necessarily.

Martial - Rashford
Fernandes
Pogba - CM
Rice?
Shaw - CB - Lindelof - Wan Bissaka
De Gea
I also like the look of this. Using 3 of the forwards we currently have leaves us with at least one useless person most games. So this diamond formation seems to be utilizing the attack more effectively assuming Bruno is going forward a lot. I'm not sure about rice. CM = McT?

kirk buttercup

Why do people keep putting Rice in the team ? Are we even linked to him?

For me Pogba and Bruno could offer alot of creativity if we have the right defensive Midfielders

LindaChang

Maddison has 1 season in PL. Bruno has been great for the last 2 seasons (51 goals + assists, 32 goals + assists).
Maddison is playing in a better league, tougher opponents yet still managed to score as much as pogba from open play and led the key passes stats. Bruno on the other hand flopped in Italy, put on sale by Genoa and no one wanted him there. Oh nani was tearing the portugese league before he moved to valencia and lazio and look at how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.