Gaming Building a gaming PC

Massive Spanner

Thinks Geoff Shreeves has one
Gratz! Are you going to use it for productivity? It is an absolute overkill for gaming (still glad you can afford it).

Well, people are still purchasing at the current prices and stock is scarce. There has been an insignificant price drop in the past 1-2 months. A 2060 i still 650 euro... All parties involved are milking this as much as possible.
I was referring to a (hopefully) future scenario where supply meets demand, in which cases prices will drop. That's just how it works.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Ewwww

Awesome build but curved screens are horrible (IMO)
Yeah, the build is insane. Probably cost $8k all in because of the stupid ram and GPU prices. But it’s going to last a good few years, and I really needed it.

I wasn’t in on curved monitors, but at 38”, it makes a difference. Now when I go back to a flat monitor, it just feels weird. I much prefer the curved on the larger sizes.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Gratz! Are you going to use it for productivity? It is an absolute overkill for gaming (still glad you can afford it).
Yes, mainly productivity, but some gaming. The most overpriced elements of it were the DDR5 ram and the GPU. I’ve got a bunch of AI and crypto stuff going on right now.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
In need of some advice, if anyone would be willing:

I finally took the plunge and upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro and did it via microsoft's own upgrade page utility. It performed the migration admirably; told me what will and won't work on 10 and promptly omitted them from the process... what it didn't tell me - and I should've really thought of before upgrading - is that it will not facilitate third party disc partitions.

So maybe some of you remember there was a time when you had to use Disc Wizard's and big drive enablers for the older OS's to see the entirety of drives over, I think, 2TB. I performed this exercise so long ago that I'd completely forgotten about it, but what has meant is that I've gone from 18 partitions to 13, with 3rd party spliced drives being-now totally absent from this upgrade when I go into "This Computer".

Disc Management is stating the space where these drives were is unallocated (black), but it always did in Win 7, with the 3rd party software handling the drive/partitions.

My obvious question is: can I get these partitions and my data back, and if so, how?