Bukayo Saka

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
The young English player curse, they seem to reach a certain level and then stall. Not sure why, maybe mentally they think they’ve made it so don’t push any harder, it’s happened too often to be a coincidence, just like Rashford, Dele Alli, Shaw.

I can see it happening to Saka and it’s why I’d be nervous about dropping 100m on Bellingham .

What if it doesnt happen with Saka. What if he continues his current trajectory?

Just because Rashford went wonky doesnt mean Saka will follow suit.

Classical Mechanic

There's no such thing as a young English player curse, it happens with loads of young players across the world because of unrealistic expectations by some people. You can look at Martial, Coman and Dembele for France. When they first broke through many people thought that France would have mindblowing options on their flanks along with Mbappe but it didn't quite work out that way. All are good players of course but they haven't lived up to those massive early expectations. Very few players in world football actually become one of the truly elite by definition.

If you expect Saka to become a very good player with a strong career rather than a top 10 player in the world then you'll probably be right.

Bondi77

There's no such thing as a young English player curse, it happens with loads of young players across the world because of unrealistic expectations by some people. You can look at Martial, Coman and Dembele for France. When they first broke through many people thought that France would have mindblowing options on their flanks along with Mbappe but it didn't quite work out that way. All are good players of course but they haven't lived up to those massive early expectations. Very few players in world football actually become one of the truly elite by definition.

If you expect Saka to become a very good player with a strong career rather than a top 10 player in the world then you'll probably be right.
Good post.
Glad to see some are keeping it real.

Mr PG

No they won’t get broken up (you’d
More like high probability. Saka has verbatim said he wants to stay and agree to new terms, its rumoured ot be 200k a week. Its happening behind the scenes as I type. Its a 50m deal so the paperwork isnt that simple. If you just rush into everything without planning you'll end up like Barcelona .

Saka, Martinelli will get done this year 98%. Saliba will also get done this year - 80%

The only wishful thinking being done is rival fans hoping this team gets broken up
get the requisite transfer fees anyway to recruit elsewhere) but I want to see Arsenal pay market wages at least.. so as not to have competitive advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.