Bukayo Saka

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Did you really just say Man City are a 'bigger club' than Arsenal ? :lol:
let's don't kid ourselves of course Man City is a bigger club than Arsenal now. City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool are all bigger than Arsenal for the past 5 years. We are dropped to the same level as Spurs. If I remember correctly Spurs even bring in the same or even more revenue in sponsorship than Arsenal.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
He’s not signed a new contract has he? Wishful thinking.

More like high probability. Saka has verbatim said he wants to stay and agree to new terms, its rumoured ot be 200k a week. Its happening behind the scenes as I type. Its a 50m deal so the paperwork isnt that simple. If you just rush into everything without planning you'll end up like Barcelona .

Saka, Martinelli will get done this year 98%. Saliba will also get done this year - 80%

The only wishful thinking being done is rival fans hoping this team gets broken up

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
More like high probability. Saka has verbatim said he wants to stay and agree to new terms, its rumoured ot be 200k a week. Its happening behind the scenes as I type. Its a 50m deal so the paperwork isnt that simple. If you just rush into everything without planning you'll end up like Barcelona .

Saka, Martinelli will get done this year 98%. Saliba will also get done this year - 80%

The only wishful thinking being done is rival fans hoping this team gets broken up
Think its Saka 80%, Martinelli 70% and Saliba 50%.

erikcred

Did you really just say Man City are a 'bigger club' than Arsenal ? :lol:
*are* -- present tense.
You seem to be living in the past. There's been a wide gulf between the two clubs for the last decade. Your comment is like liverpool fans coming up to you after your 3rd PL title and saying "whatever dude, we're still a bigger club than you."

Marwood

I know he's good player and I'm sure if he went to City he'd be a great success. Very functional, does the right things, efficient, does his tracking back.

But I find him boring. That probably doesn't make much sense but as a winger he isn't what I want to watch.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
I know he's good player and I'm sure if he went to City he'd be a great success. Very functional, does the right things, efficient, does his tracking back.

But I find him boring. That probably doesn't make much sense but as a winger he isn't what I want to watch.
Your spoilt watching Sancho every week

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
let's don't kid ourselves of course Man City is a bigger club than Arsenal now. City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool are all bigger than Arsenal for the past 5 years. We are dropped to the same level as Spurs. If I remember correctly Spurs even bring in the same or even more revenue in sponsorship than Arsenal.
I dont think you can name United either going by success. I know Arsenal and United has a global fan base but it means feck all given how success they are on the field. There is nothing wrong in accepting City are a bigger club in terms of relative success. They may not have history but they are probably one of the best clubs if not the best in the world now.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Don't get this optimistic view that Saka could leave end of the season.

Remember he is just 21 years old. What's the rush to leave? He is obviously very happy at Arsenal - a club on the rise. If he really wants a stint at a 'bigger club' then even after a fresh new 5 year deal, he could be sold in year 3 and still only be 24 years old.

I just don't see him making a rash and seemingly immature decision to move to a club like City just yet. The pressure is great to perform. He is performing well now at Arsenal. Maybe he doesn't want to throw his career down the pan just yet like Sancho has at United. He has time on his side unlike Grealish who still got sold for £100 million.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
you guys couldn’t stop City taking your best players a decade ago
Adebayor was sold. Wenger approached him in the dressing room and told him he was being sold to Man City and he was completely blindsided by this. He was flirting with AC Milan the year before and his attitude was shocking. Eventually we called his bluff and said ok, we will sell you.

What really happened with Adebayor, Arsenal and Manchester City? (dailycannon.com)

The only player that was a real loss was Nasri. Clichy, Toure and Sagna were barely felt.

This Arsenal are a feeder club to Man City narrative is rooted in false assumptions. Reality is we have signed better players form them than we sold to them.

Tarrou

Adebayor was sold. Wenger approached him in the dressing room and told him he was being sold to Man City and he was completely blindsided by this. He was flirting with AC Milan the year before and his attitude was shocking. Eventually we called his bluff and said ok, we will sell you.

What really happened with Adebayor, Arsenal and Manchester City? (dailycannon.com)

The only player that was a real loss was Nasri. Clichy, Toure and Sagna were barely felt.

This Arsenal are a feeder club to Man City narrative is rooted in false assumptions. Reality is we have signed better players form them than we sold to them.
5 first team players is a crazy amount of players to lose to one team in the same era. Has this ever happened before or since in the PL?

it really relegated Arsenals status as a top club in a lot of peoples eyes.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I dont think you can name United either going by success. I know Arsenal and United has a global fan base but it means feck all given how success they are on the field. There is nothing wrong in accepting City are a bigger club in terms of relative success. They may not have history but they are probably one of the best clubs if not the best in the world now.
I go by revenue and financial resources for the definition of " big" club. You can't possibly be a big club if u can't offer the best salary in the industry. Man Utd is definitely one of the biggest club in the industry, not just EPL.

flappyjay

Man City have the better team Manchester United is the bigger club by every metric used to measure the size of a club. Man City is creeping up on on united though even if they are using phantom sponsorship deals.

buckooo1978

on the big clubs debate

if the owners of United, Liverpool or Arsenal walked away tomorrow would they still be huge clubs

what of City and Chelsea - I doubt it - maybe more so for Chelsea but they were a QPR equivalent in the early 90s

If Sovereign Wealth funds stay for a generation they might legitimately put City into that category but I wouldnt say they are a 'bigger' club than Arsenal

depends on how it is defined though obviously

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
City are not a bigger club, but they are the biggest draw right now as new players are only interested in money and what they can win.
Days of bullying teams into selling players are long gone though, all clubs have a lot of money and Arsenal have invested hundreds of millions so won’t be selling anyone they don’t want to. Saka still has till 2025 anyway so the contract extension is something he is pushing for to get a pay rise on his 30k a week.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Don't really get why this is in the Transfer Forum. He's not for sale and he doesn't want to leave Arse. :confused:
Some fans in this forum just want to take apart the current arsenal team I guess. There is zero sign at the moment Saka wants to leave, as long as Arsenal can meet his financial demand.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Don't really get why this is in the Transfer Forum. He's not for sale and he doesn't want to leave Arse. :confused:
I’ll be honest I just was on the WUM.

He’s staying at Arsenal at least another season barring a stupid bid.

kaku06

Absolutely no reason for him to leave if they finish in the top 4 this season let alone top 2. He’s got everything at Arsenal for the foreseeable future. He’s still very young, playing for his boyhood club, developing very well and quickly becoming a really top class winger/forward under a manager who believes in him. Anyone thinks otherwise is living in a fools paradise.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He'll play for Man. City one day. Would be ideal in Pep system.

Will certainly stay at Arsenal when they make CL which looks a near lock.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Yes, everyone is running in fear of Arsenal. I had forgotten how tiresome Arsenal fans are.
You should have been on here in the 2001-2002 season... it wasn't nice.

We got our own back the next season though, but they still tried to claim they were the true champions because they played better football or something... :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He'll play for Man. City one day. Would be ideal in Pep system.

Will certainly stay at Arsenal when they make CL which looks a near lock.
I personally feel like Pep has given up on the Mahrez, Sane, Sterling type of winger and is more about finding creative wingers like Grealish and Foden all setting up Haaland.

I don’t think Saka and Haaland would work for example.

ZainCRse7en

Thought its just a once off performance when he played against us and absolutely terrorized malacia (who was on good form prior to that match). But the more i watch him, seems to be the real deal. Fullbacks are having nightmares dealing with him as he is so unpredictable. Only can wish jadon could be half the player saka is.

Nailed on for the WC definitely.

NoPace

Eh. It's like saying Wolves are a bigger club than Sunderland because they make more money and every player would prefer to join them.

You'd happily bet on City being bigger than Arsenal if this thread was bumped in 5-10 years. But in 20-25 I'd feel less safe.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Saka and Martinelli on both flanks are leading the Arsenal renaissance.

These two have been so instrumental to our rise as opposition fullbacks cant handle them one on one, they need to double up on both of them.

They also get back and help defend at all times.

Arteta really has total control over this Arsenal. Super Mik

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
You should have been on here in the 2001-2002 season... it wasn't nice.

We got our own back the next season though, but they still tried to claim they were the true champions because they played better football or something... :lol:
Who even was here as an Arsenal supporter then. Jopub, peterstorey, FH?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal

Wow.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's so overrated. He's not a bigger talent that younger Rashford and younger Sancho. And look at how they're performing right now.

redNATION

He's so overrated. He's not a bigger talent that younger Rashford and younger Sancho. And look at how they're performing right now.
The young English player curse, they seem to reach a certain level and then stall. Not sure why, maybe mentally they think they’ve made it so don’t push any harder, it’s happened too often to be a coincidence, just like Rashford, Dele Alli, Shaw.

I can see it happening to Saka and it’s why I’d be nervous about dropping 100m on Bellingham .

Status
Not open for further replies.