Bundesliga 2016/17

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Bayern fans on a Man United forum complaining about fans of the Premier League in their thread. Can't make this shit up.
Yeah, it's hilarious. Most sensitive and annoying bunch of oppo fans on this forum (the Barca guys are giving them a run for their money tho).

As a Bayern fan, I can assure you that I have put my money already on Dortmund and Schalke. Of course it provided good odds, but anyway I'm sure that this year it won't be Bayern to win the league. Dortmund was already superior at the Super Cup -- more than the years before and although the result didn't show it. As for Schalke, they have for the first time in my memory actually a group of sane people in charge. And last but not least, Ancelotti's style looks to me much better suited for winning a tournament (i.e. CL) than winning the league.
Schalke:lol: You could just send me your money if you don't mind.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
The Bundesliga has always been and always will be a one team league. Everything revolves around Bayern, they get the best players, the have the most money, they're the media's main story.
When they don't win the league - it's a "crisis" and everyone's talking about it. Usually lasts one year. Then they win another two or three in a row. Rinse and repeat.

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
Last edited:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Non-Bayern Munich fans: "Oh come on Bayern Munich will win easily the league"
Bayern Munich fans: "It will be a tough season"

:lol:
If I would be into betting, I would put quite a sum on Skripnik being the first coach to go this season. That is embarassing for a Bundesliga side.
Skripnik shouldn't be anymore the coach of Bremen and there's no doubt that he'll be sacked during the season but he's just signed a new contract last month, he has too many friends at the club and i thought Kruse would do well in the first games to keep him longer in the job.

Therefore i've put my money on Dardai after they've gone out against Brøndby IF in the Europa League.......just a shame for me that they have beaten Regensburg in the DFB-Pokal at the end.

Sad Chris

That's perfectly fine. If Leicester is the measure, I guess all we poor people supporting boring leagues can live pretty well with the football we have to watch.
Of course you can. Your club dominates that league.

Afaik most of you support Bayern, so it's easy to love a league you dominate. I loved the PL when we were in charge.

But wouldn't you agree that the BuLi would be more interesting if Bayern didn't play. Maybe you would have a few possible title contenders other than Dortmund.

The top half footy is good, so are the supporters, but I don't think the BuLi will ever be interesting enough for non-Germans if the title-challenge doesn't become more interesting. Of course tradition etc. is nice but a couple of sugar daddies would create more interest abroad. I can imagine a Bayern supporter would hate the idea, but I don't see any other way to increase the number of title contenders. Unless you go down the draft route.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
As a neutral, intrigued to see how RB Leipzig performs in this Bundesliga. I know they were disliked but I just read an article on them and it seemed that nearly every other team in Germany hates them quite a lot(http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/sports/soccer/bundesliga-rb-leipzig-red-bull.html?_r=0).

They seem to have a squad comprised of only U23 players and a pretty experienced manager in Ragnick. They've the potential to be the next big club in Germany considering the financial backing they've. Also read in the article that they've already sold out 20k season tickets which is quite impressive actually.

NYC

Sorry mates, but an overweight and unmotivated Gotze and a flop, Schurrle isn't going to make you competitive against Munich.

Especially, losing their best player in Gundogan to City.

When Dortmund was competitive vs Bayern, they had a prime Hummels, Gotze, kagawa, lewandowski, both fullbacks, their goalkeeper. subotic was still good and reus/gundogan weren't injury prone....+Klopp.
Dortmund doesn't have a chance vs Bayern for the next few seasons, unless something catastrophic occurs at bayern...

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
As a neutral, intrigued to see how RB Leipzig performs in this Bundesliga. I know they were disliked but I just read an article on them and it seemed that nearly every other team in Germany hates them quite a lot(http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/sports/soccer/bundesliga-rb-leipzig-red-bull.html?_r=0).

They seem to have a squad comprised of only U23 players and a pretty experienced manager in Ragnick. They've the potential to be the next big club in Germany considering the financial backing they've. Also read in the article that they've already sold out 20k season tickets which is quite impressive actually.
Certainly interesting to follow how they'll do and if they stick to their strategy of signing only young talents once the first problems occur. But Rangnick is the director of football, not the manager. He took over as an interim manager last season, but they've signed Ralph Hasenhüttl as their manager for this year. Hasenhüttl is an Austrian coach who brought Ingolstadt up in the Bundesliga a year ago and had a great first Bundesliga season, finishing midtable without ever being in the relegation battle. Though he always played a really defensive type of football, only suited to the underdog.

Leipzig's start to the season has been pretty bad. They went out in the first cup round against 2. Bundesliga team Dresden. They need to do a lot better to finish midtable in the Bundesliga, starting with their first Bundesliga game tomorrow in Hoffenheim.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Certainly interesting to follow how they'll do and if they stick to their strategy of signing only young talents once the first problems occur. But Rangnick is the director of football, not the manager. He took over as an interim manager last season, but they've signed Ralph Hasenhüttl as their manager for this year. Hasenhüttl is an Austrian coach who brought Ingolstadt up in the Bundesliga a year ago and had a great first Bundesliga season, finishing midtable without ever being in the relegation battle. Though he always played a really defensive type of football, only suited to the underdog.

Leipzig's start to the season has been pretty bad. They went out in the first cup round against 2. Bundesliga team Dresden. They need to do a lot better to finish midtable in the Bundesliga, starting with their first Bundesliga game tomorrow in Hoffenheim.
Oh, thanks for the correction on the manager thing. Isn't Ingolstadt the same team which everyone hated in the Bundesliga threads, due to the fact how boring they were?

I think anything other than relegation would be decent return for them considering their progress in the last three four years. Red Bull have been very, very sensible in charting the club's growth. Picking a club in a large-ish town with no other major club in vicinity can prove to be masterstroke in later years.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Oh, thanks for the correction on the manager thing. Isn't Ingolstadt the same team which everyone hated in the Bundesliga threads, due to the fact how boring they were?
No one really likes them, but only @Sphaero really hates them ;)

I think anything other than relegation would be decent return for them considering their progress in the last three four years. Red Bull have been very, very sensible in charting the club's growth. Picking a club in a large-ish town with no other major club in vicinity can prove to be masterstroke in later years.
Yeah, agree with that. Relegation would be a disaster though, but with the transfer business they did this summer, anything more than midtable would be a huge surprise.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Argh, Ingolstadt and Eintracht Frankfurt are on at the same time today. I want to see how Ingolstadt play under Kauczinski compared to Hasenhuttl (who's Ingolstadt team I was a fan of) but I also want to see how Varela gets on at Eintracht. Varela gets priority.

I'm also interested in RB Leipzig this season with Hasenhuttl as their manager. With their emphasis on youth, and Hasenhuttl in charge, they might be ones to watch out for in terms of entertainment value.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

A big part why people dislike Ingolstadt is because Audi is (too) heavily involved in the club. Aside from that I think you might be confusing them with Darmstadt.

The article also forgets to mention that Leipzig, despite spending much more than the entire rest of the division combined comfortably failed to get promoted in their first second division season and even in their second one Freiburg got the first place with ease, while Leipzpg again were almost caught by a very mediocre Nürnberg side.
It's part of the reason why I dislike them even more: there is no real critical media coverage about them, their officials dish out a lot of half truths and straight up bullshit and the media lap it up.

Sorry mates, but an overweight and unmotivated Gotze and a flop, Schurrle isn't going to make you competitive against Munich.

Especially, losing their best player in Gundogan to City.

When Dortmund was competitive vs Bayern, they had a prime Hummels, Gotze, kagawa, lewandowski, both fullbacks, their goalkeeper. subotic was still good and reus/gundogan weren't injury prone....+Klopp.
Dortmund doesn't have a chance vs Bayern for the next few seasons, unless something catastrophic occurs at bayern...

Thank you for your deep insight.

Bernerr

Supports
Bayern

Well you have to consider this is not an normal football club getting financial aid from some rich dude from china or russia or somewhere else like City or Chelseas and so. This Club is just a completly new construct designed by red bull with no history at all. The best comparsion would be Hoffenheim who had to face the same problems too (maybe not that harsh becaust they are not based in the east). Cant imagine this club would be liked by its opponent in any other league.

On the other hand yes its actually an intreseting project. The Team is filled up with young high rated prospects and their play of style is somewhat entertaining. And being the only bundesliga team from the ex-gdr at the moment they attract a lot of people to their games because its the only chance to watch bundesliga football nearby. Right now they limit themselves in financial way, no player is allowed to earn moren then 3 mio € per year. But i think its just a matter of the time when they will invest more. But it will be interesting how this years team will work out in the bundesliga.

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
I honestly don't understand the reactions in this thread, neither the Bayern fans, nor the "PL fans". The match last night showed nothing. Bremen is (under this circumstances and with this manager) one of the very worst teams in the league and of course Bayern is the best team in the league. There is no need to belittle the other good teams in the league, though. I believe that Dortmund will challenge them this year, many people on here are overestimating the influence (not the individual quality) of players like Mkhitaryan or Gündogan on a match plan, the only real loss in that regard was probably Hummels. Schalke have added some quality to the squad, Gladbach looks very strong already, i'm not sure about Leverkusen.

I'm pretty sure, it will be an entertaining season and "title race" for a neutral like me, i don't support Bayern or Dortmund.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Would be nice to add a poll to the thread which club in the Bundesliga you are rooting for.
You'd have a ton of Bayern fans, a couple of Dortmund fans and 1s and 2s of the remaining clubs, at least that's what I gather by reading the thread.

Lyricist

I can't believe Schalke is being praised so much. I may be blind but what players have they added that are for example better than their counterparts at Leverkusen. Embolo for example, after having watched him at the Euros, doesn't really strike me as an inspiring transfer either. The kid is extremely young and of course might turn very good, but so far he was behind Haris Seferovic in the pecking order of Switzerland. The same Haris Seferovic who almost didn't manage to score a single goal for Frankfurt. Seems to me like Embolo so far is mostly hype without much actual fire power. Coke and Stambouli are good transfers for a club that wants to become 4th-6th in the league. But are they ultimately buys that will suddenly turn Schalke into a consistent powerhouse? I doubt it.

I would love to hear some thoughts from the people who think Schalke will have a better season than Gladbach (who plays amazing football at times) or especially Leverkusen (who have a deep squad brim full of very talented players and a good coach).

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
Non-Bayern Munich fans: "Oh come on Bayern Munich will win easily the league"
Bayern Munich fans: "It will be a tough season"

:lol:

Skripnik shouldn't be anymore the coach of Bremen and there's no doubt that he'll be sacked during the season but he's just signed a new contract last month, he has too many friends at the club and i thought Kruse would do well in the first games to keep him longer in the job.

Therefore i've put my money on Dardai after they've gone out against Brøndby IF in the Europa League.......just a shame for me that they have beaten Regensburg in the DFB-Pokal at the end.
Unfortunately i have to agree with you, Dardai will be sacked soon. :mad: It isn't his fault though. I don't believe, he is a great manager, but the sporting director and the so-called "team" are far worse.

Last edited:

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
I can't believe Schalke is being praised so much. I may be blind but what players have they added that are for example better than their counterparts at Leverkusen. Embolo for example, after having watched him at the Euros, doesn't really strike me as an inspiring transfer either. The kid is extremely young and of course might turn very good, but so far he was behind Haris Seferovic in the pecking order of Switzerland. The same Haris Seferovic who almost didn't manage to score a single goal for Frankfurt. Seems to me like Embolo so far is mostly hype without much actual fire power. Coke and Stambouli are good transfers for a club that wants to become 4th-6th in the league. But are they ultimately buys that will suddenly turn Schalke into a consistent powerhouse? I doubt it.

I would love to hear some thoughts from the people who think Schalke will have a better season than Gladbach (who plays amazing football at times) or especially Leverkusen (who have a deep squad brim full of very talented players and a good coach).
I don't think Schalke will have a better season than Gladbach, but i believe they will be stronger than last year and also stronger than Leverkusen - which is mostly down to me not rating Schmidt that much. Schalke have added some depth as well especially in midfield. I don't think Embolo will make a difference, he is too raw and too inconsistent. On the other hand, i still think Naldo will be a good replacement for Matip. Schalke will surely not be a consistent powerhouse all of a sudden, but in my opinion they have a chance to become more consistent and stronger.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I see a Bayern fan in here who claims the PL is only balanced due to the sugar daddy clubs, which is incredibly wrong.

Besides Leiceister name a champion which won the league in the past 10 years, which is not United or a suggar daddy club. ;)

Though if i remember correctly, even Leicester has a suggar daddy, no?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Yeah, I don't get it at all either.
What's their first team right now (after Coke's injury)?

----------Fährmann
Riether-Naldo-Höwedes-Baba
--------Geis--------Goretzka
Schöpf-------Meyer------EMCM
-------------Huntelaar

That's basically the same as last year.

Weinzierl and Heidel were very good additions for their management, but squad wise I think they mainly strengthened depth, aside from the FB position.
On paper they are way behind Gladbach (Schubert's tactics appear to be lacking a bit, but I think their pretty good attacking fire power can make that up) and especially Leverkusen imho and thus I'd expect them fight for an EL spot.

Last edited:

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
Yeah, I don't get it at all either.
What's their first team right now (after Coke's injury)?

----------Fährmann
Riether-Naldo-Höwedes-Baba
--------Geis--------Goretzka
Schöpf-------Meyer------EMCM
-------------Huntelaar

That's basically the same as last year.

Weinzierl and Heidel were very good additions for their management, but squad wise I think they mainly strengthened depth, aside from the FB position.
On paper they are way behind Gladbach and especially Leverkusen imho and thus I'd expect them fight for an EL spot.
But isn't that exactly what they needed? I wouldn't say, they are far behind Gladbach and Leverkusen on paper. Schalke always have good squads, but they normally lack depth, so they get problems with injuries or/and they have incompetent managers. They addressed both issues this summer.

Skills

Snitch
Besides Leiceister name a champion which won the league in the past 10 years, which is not United or a suggar daddy club. ;)

No. Their club record signing is £17m which they spent on the back of a PL winning season and selling Kante for £25m

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Leicester's squad at the start of last season cost about £50 million (which was about 16th highest of premier league sides). Their owner might be rich as a person but he's not invested like Abramovic or the blokes at Man City. Show me the owner of a football club and I'll show you a rich person, it does not make them a "sugar daddy".

Celestiale

Doesn't mean shit if a club has private owners or not. In terms of fairness or competition even less. What matters is, if a club has a level financial balance, or spends more because of artificial incomes. Those teams are in both leagues..Chelsea and City in the PL, Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Leipzig in the Bundesliga. Always those Stammtisch pundits who invent "facts" to let their league look better then others..
btw i am German, and football is omnipresent here in Bavaria, but i watched the big4 leagues for 20 years now, and look at those things from an unbiased position - and how some Germans are overestimating our Bundesliga, and always making stuff up to let it look better then it is, is mind boggling. Same can be said about Italian people.
Spanish and English not so much, apparently they don't feel the constant need to tell other people how "awesome" their league is. I wonder why that is

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
But isn't that exactly what they needed? I wouldn't say, they are far behind Gladbach and Leverkusen on paper. Schalke always have good squads, but they normally lack depth, so they get problems with injuries or/and they have incompetent managers. They addressed both issues this summer.
Leverkusen have a much better squad in my opinion. Schmidt needs to find some balance in his tactics between the crazy pressing and a more calm and calculated approach to improve further, but I'd be very surprised if Leverkusen doesn't finish above Schalke again. They were crazy unlucky with injuries in midfield as well. If Lars Bender and Aranguiz stay healthy for the full season, they have a wonderful central core in the team. Aranguiz is like a new signing.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Spanish and English not so much, apparently they don't feel the constant need to tell other people how "awesome" their league is. I wonder why that is
Say what?

Can't comment about the Spanish media and football pundits, because I don't speak Spanish, but it's just as bad in England than it is in Germany or Italy.

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
Leverkusen have a much better squad in my opinion. Schmidt needs to find some balance in his tactics between the crazy pressing and a more calm and calculated approach to improve further, but I'd be very surprised if Leverkusen doesn't finish above Schalke again. They were crazy unlucky with injuries in midfield as well. If Lars Bender and Aranguiz stay healthy for the full season, they have a wonderful central core in the team. Aranguiz is like a new signing.
I'm just not sure, if Schmidt will even bother finding some balance. He seems to be that type of manager, who tries to instil his ideas and tactics into the team no matter what, but maybe i'm wrong about him.
Bender and Aranguiz are not better than Geis and Goretzka/Stambouli in my opinion. Bender is a good player, but nothing special. Aranguiz is very inconsistent, i watched him for a few years, even before he played in Brazil, and i don't think he will be as good as people think, who only know him from the national team.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Doesn't mean shit if a club has private owners or not. In terms of fairness or competition even less. What matters is, if a club has a level financial balance, or spends more because of artificial incomes. Those teams are in both leagues..Chelsea and City in the PL, Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Leipzig in the Bundesliga. Always those Stammtisch pundits who invent "facts" to let their league look better then others..
btw i am German, and football is omnipresent here in Bavaria, but i watched the big4 leagues for 20 years now, and look at those things from an unbiased position - and how some Germans are overestimating our Bundesliga, and always making stuff up to let it look better then it is, is mind boggling. Same can be said about Italian people.
Where am i talking the Bundesliga better than it is? The context was that the Bundesliga is shit, because Bayern dominates it.

My point: United would dominate the BPL in the same manner if it wasn't for the suggar daddys (especially City and Chelsea).

Celestiale

Where am i talking the Bundesliga better than it is? The context was that the Bundesliga is shit, because Bayern dominates it.

My point: United would dominate the BPL in the same manner if it wasn't for the suggar daddys (especially City and Chelsea).
Only the first part of my statement was aimed towards you, sorry, should have made this more clear.
I think most people don't say it is "shit" (well, some trolls do, but just ignore them), rather that the title race is pretty boring, and that's true.
I clearly disagree with your second sentence, just look at last season, those two "sugardaddy clubs" have been 4. and 10. The reason United doesn't dominate the league like they used to, is that every team apart from Arsenal became way better in the last 10 years. United used to have 24-26 rather easy games "must win", just like Real/Barca, and Bayern do in their respective leagues. Nowadays however almost every team in the Prem can mount a challenge, and every team, even the one's with the best individual class have to fight in every game, for every point, take any game like a cup game. Loosing way more points on the road that they used to, and this can lead to some in-form teams on a high, like Leicester or Spurs last season, to finish above them.
I am pretty sure last year wasn't a one off, might not be Leicester, but i am pretty sure we will see more and more of those "lesser" teams in the Top 4 in the coming seasons. The standard of the average team in the PL is just rising and rising

But this is a Bundesliga thread, and my opinion is that the Bundesliga has clearly declined in the last 10 years. First and second placed teams might be better, but the lower half of the table is way worse then it was 10 years ago..

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
But this is a Bundesliga thread, and my opinion is that the Bundesliga has clearly declined in the last 10 years. First and second placed teams might be better, but the lower half of the table is way worse then it was 10 years ago..
That's an insane statement. The lower half of the table is much, much better nowadays than back in 2005/06 when they had less money available to buy foreign players and the generation of homegrown players was significantly worse. The fact that Bayern is so much better than 10 years ago must be blinding your judgement of the smaller teams in the league.

Additionally the German managers are also much stronger now, the education is better, the tactics are in tune with modern times and trends and not lacking behind, so smaller teams get access to talented young managers in a way they didn't back then.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think Schalke's attack is really mediocre.

They have little pace, they have no silky tricky player, they have no dribbler, they don't have a genius passer. Huntelaar has been past it for years, Schöpf is basically a promising second division player and EMCM is more a striker than a midfielder to me and thus far I didn't even mention their train wreck line up from their cup match with di Santo and Huntelaar upfront.
Gladbach have a great attacking duo in Stindl and Raffael with plenty of assists and goals in both of them, they also have plenty of other attackers/wingers so that they can always find one or two more who are in decent shape.
Leverkusen have really great pace upfront, they have one of the best dribblers in the league in Bellarabi who create things on his own, one of the best finishers in Chicharito, Kampl and Aranguiz seem to offer good options for a creative central role and between Brandt and Volland they should be able to round off their attack. I think they might come quite close to Dortmund if Schmidt can find a balanced approach.

Lyricist

I personally think Leverkusen have a good squad full of exciting players and their squad has quite a good depth as well.

Their second 11 this year would still do quite well in the league I'd say:

-----------------Özcan
Hilbert Dragovic Papadopoulos Henrichs
---------Kampl Baumgartlinger
Kruse----------------------------Calhanoglu
-----------Mehmedi Kiessling

(first 11:
------------------Leno
Jedvaj-------Toprak-Tah--------Wendell
-----------Bender-Aranguiz
Bellarabi-----------------------Brandt
-----------Volland-Chicharito)

Gladbach also are very exciting and play very fluid offensive football.

I agree with Balu on this. The overall pace of games in the Bundesliga has become so much faster and so much more pressing oriented. I'm not sure the teams from 10 years ago would fare well. The Arminia Bielefelds of back then weren't any more inspiring than the bottom half teams are now.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I find it hilarious that 25 years after West German clubs fleeced East German teams for basically everything that was worth something, they now feel threatened by a super-capitalistic monster created right in the heart of what used to be East Germany. Those complaining fans certainly had no problem when their teams were the ones using financial advantages to kill off clubs with large followings.
I'm pretty sure there would be no RB Leipzig if traditional power houses like Dynamo Dresden, Lokomotive Leipzig, Magdeburg or even Dynamo Berlin had been allowed to thrive. This is also the reason why I believe this Leipzig project has a much better chance to succeed than Hoffenheim. The die-hard local fans may scoff at this artifical club but RB will easily fill their stadium and with no succesful teams in the vicinity they're set to increase their amount of fans as they manage to establish themselves as a Bundesliga team.
I'm not so sure about them threatening Bayern or even Dortmund though. If they keep up this silly policy of only buying U23 players they won't be able to get to the very top.
On another note I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to reach the Champions League before RB Salzburg though. :)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Only the first part of my statement was aimed towards you, sorry, should have made this more clear.
I think most people don't say it is "shit" (well, some trolls do, but just ignore them), rather that the title race is pretty boring, and that's true.
I clearly disagree with your second sentence, just look at last season, those two "sugardaddy clubs" have been 4. and 10. The reason United doesn't dominate the league like they used to, is that every team apart from Arsenal became way better in the last 10 years. United used to have 24-26 rather easy games "must win", just like Real/Barca, and Bayern do in their respective leagues. Nowadays however almost every team in the Prem can mount a challenge, and every team, even the one's with the best individual class have to fight in every game, for every point, take any game like a cup game. Loosing way more points on the road that they used to, and this can lead to some in-form teams on a high, like Leicester or Spurs last season, to finish above them.
I am pretty sure last year wasn't a one off, might not be Leicester, but i am pretty sure we will see more and more of those "lesser" teams in the Top 4 in the coming seasons. The standard of the average team in the PL is just rising and rising

Sorry but you say so much blatantly wrong stuff.
The quality of United's team simply declined a lot compared to Fergie's glory days, it becomes especially obvious when you look at United's recent EL/CL results (or the lack of it). And the claim that Bundesliga's quality has declined over the past ten years is equally ridiculous. Homegrown talent and the quality of coaches has increasty vastly. 10 years ago we had sides stacked with mediocre at best mercenaries from Eastern Europe, playing terrible football. Remember Cottbus? Even if we only look a couple of years back we can see a clear improvement, most notably indicated by how Klopp's Dortmund dominated the league with a very young and experienced squad but couldn't keep it up despite the squad constantly improving. Or look at a team like Schalke: they've been terribly managed for a decade, yet for the most part they had no trouble finishing high in the league, but in recent years they struggle more and more..
Or even simpler: just look at the game, the pace you see and the level of organization and collective understanding..